Real Estate Help! signing apt lease today, is this smart?

starrynightvm

Any help would be greatly appreciated in deciphering this. My sister and friend are looking to lease an apartment, we found a beautiful one in an old building except that it was in disrepair. The owner seems willing to make the renovation changes necessary but we still feel that it’s too expensive for what it is. It's not in a prime location nor is the surrounding neighborhood entirely safe but we like the stret and neighbors even if the commute is not ideal. We offered $300 ($2000) less in monthly rent and offered to give last months rent in addition to security and first months rent to serve as incentive for the owner.

Last night we buckled slightly and offered simply $100 ($2200) less than the asking price which the owner agreed to. This morning the broker said that he made a mistake and misunderstood the owners agreement, and what the owner really wants is $50 less than the asking price ($2250). Not a huge difference but this seems very petty and nitpicky and we find it a huge turn off, thinking perhaps this will be indicative of our future relationship with the owner.

I am not sure how to read this chart as I’ve never tried discerning one for real estate. My main concerns are a) will this be a good home for us? B)is this agood or at least fair price for the space/) c)what on earth is the owner thinking reneging like this? Will he concede?

I assume that if I don’t respond he will concede to the offer I made last night.

Let me explain my methodology when reading this chart:

We as prospective buyers are represented by Jupiter and the Moon

The moon will soon be changing into the sign of capricorn in the 10th house. Does this mean that we’ll take it in the end?

The property is represented by the 10th house (turned 4th house to the owner, presuming he is represented by the 7th)

So jupiter as well which is well placed in Pisces but in our 12th house (what could this mean, we have already moved on? We’re definitely thinking we’ll keep looking...)

The owner is represented by the ruler of the 7th house(7th house), saturn and mercury as the 7th house begins at the ed of Virgo.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_340_should_we_take_parkside_court.55813.24737.jpg
    astro_2gw_340_should_we_take_parkside_court.55813.24737.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11

DiDi

hi, im just going to offer some advice comming from that ive been working in a real estate office for the last 6 months and if a landlord is going to be like that to start with .. you will get problems with them all the way through.
There will be something else, :cool:

here is my astrological 2 cents..

you are jupiter and the place you are in now and the place in question is both ruled by merc going backwards, The landlord could verywell say one price is okay then charge you another, read your contract thouraly....

the next house after that is ruled by jupiter the same ruler as yourselfves and moon is applying to that.. i say next one :)

Last edited: