Pluto in our lives

Judy_AzVirgo

I am highly plutonian. I embody it's energy, for better and for worse, and it's what I know best. My pluto has a lot of strength to it, and because of other placements in my chart it's energy is amplified.

You've described Pluto as a positive energy in your life ... good for you! You do seem to have a handle on it.

Maybe your Taurus stability is a good counterpoint to the more negative Pluto energies that so many people express and worry over.

Jason_Harvestdancer

In a chart I'm working on, the Ascendant is in Scorpio, making Pluto ruler of the 1st house. Pluto is also in Scorpio, but in the 12th House.

When I look up info on Pluto in Scorpio, it is all about the generational effect. So on a whim I looked up Pluto in the 8th House because Scorpio is the 8th sign. What I found sounded very relevant to the rest of the interpretation.

Or am I going outside proper bounds in trying to find an interpretation?

tautomer

You've described Pluto as a positive energy in your life ... good for you! You do seem to have a handle on it.

Maybe your Taurus stability is a good counterpoint to the more negative Pluto energies that so many people express and worry over.

Pluto scares so many people, yet it doesn't scare me. I am just *so* faimilar with it's energy that when it hits me (for good and bad) I feel right at home. The energy that I have the hardest time working in is Neptunian. That results in bad things for me.

I think one of the saving graces I have, is I have high moral standards for myself, and I don't deviate from them. Pluto always tries to pull me to the dark, and occasionally I stumble. However, I always stay in the light at the end of the day, and because of that, I wield pluto energy very efficiently.

I like drawing analogys to things. I think this video/song sumps up my overall plutonian nature very well. In the broad sense anyway. It's got a dark overlay, a bit deviant, it's spooky, with a clear sense of power. Yet, that power is playful and something that works within the flow so easily.

Oh, and I attached my chart for those who are interested. Almost everything in my chart points to pluto, scorpio, or the 8th house.

Attachments

• astrochartme.jpg
    astrochartme.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Hekate

I heard that the location of Pluto in the 12th house is highly connected to suicide. :sideways:

The position in the 1st house brings out, contrariwise, the strenght to ''survive''. It gives a strong will for surviving.
But, it is a very extreme planet and if the tensions are too strong, the thoughts are connected to '' better die than loose control on the life''.

Pluto is very connected to the antitheses of survival and dieing.

I think that the position in both houses 1st and 12th is very complicated for the person.

Jason_Harvestdancer

12th House is at 7 degrees Scorpio.
Pluto is in the 12th House at 21 degrees Scorpio.
1st House is at 29 degrees Scorpio.

But my question was if I was wrong to look at Pluto in the 8th House to get a more individualized reading of Pluto in Scorpio, since most books list Pluto in Scorpio as generational and don't tell us much about how a strong Pluto has an individual impact.

Judy_AzVirgo

In a chart I'm working on, the Ascendant is in Scorpio, making Pluto ruler of the 1st house. Pluto is also in Scorpio, but in the 12th House.

When I look up info on Pluto in Scorpio, it is all about the generational effect. So on a whim I looked up Pluto in the 8th House because Scorpio is the 8th sign. What I found sounded very relevant to the rest of the interpretation.

Or am I going outside proper bounds in trying to find an interpretation?

I think you're looking at the wrong references, if it's all about 'the generational effect'. Pluto ruling the Ascendant is very personal! Try some other sources for information.

In modern astrology, there's a strong link between planet, sign and house, so yes, you'll get a lot of Scorpio-Pluto info from looking at 8th house info. But the 8th house is not the same as the Ascendant or the 12th house, so I really hope you'll do additional research.

Jason_Harvestdancer

I think you're looking at the wrong references, if it's all about 'the generational effect'. Pluto ruling the Ascendant is very personal! Try some other sources for information.

In modern astrology, there's a strong link between planet, sign and house, so yes, you'll get a lot of Scorpio-Pluto info from looking at 8th house info. But the 8th house is not the same as the Ascendant or the 12th house, so I really hope you'll do additional research.

There was lots of info about Scorpio Ascending and Pluto Conjunct Ascendant, and Pluto in the 12th House.

My experiment was, since the info on Pluto in Scorpio was scant, to see what Pluto in the 8th would give as a back-handed way of investigating Pluto in Scorpio. I take it that you think it is improper?

fullmoonlibra

My Jupiter is close to the 8th house cusp. Increases my Plutonian energy :whistling:
And Pluto in 3rd is quincunx Mercury in 8th :biggrin:. Hilarious placement and aspect isn't it?
But I must say that I love the small talent triangle from PLuto and Jupiter to Mars/Neptune :wink:

Judy_AzVirgo

My experiment was, since the info on Pluto in Scorpio was scant, to see what Pluto in the 8th would give as a back-handed way of investigating Pluto in Scorpio. I take it that you think it is improper?

Well, sorta. They're just not the same thing. And there's LOADS of stuff online about Pluto in Scorpio! Start with this website, where many posters have that Pluto placement.... you're reading one of the threads.

MJ82

There was lots of info about Scorpio Ascending and Pluto Conjunct Ascendant, and Pluto in the 12th House.

From my understanding, Pluto in scorpio is generational, though of course it will express in a particular way and different than if it were in another sign, but it's a generational impact. That's not to say that Pluto itself is generational and that it does not have a personal effect, it does of course - as shown by the discussion in this thread.

But Pluto's house placement is of much greater importance to an individual, and then also the aspects it makes in a chart. :wink:

vlsmercury7

I'm from the Pluto in Libra generation, but also have Pluto in Libra in my 1st house. It's been pretty intense all my life, although it is too far away from my Ascendant in Virgo to make a conjunction.

:pluto: :opposition::jupiter::moon::mercury:
:pluto::square::saturn:
:pluto::sextile::neptune:

When my mother was having me, she became very ill and nearly died from pre-eclampsia. She was induced and I was born 2 days early. My mother's natal Sun is in Scorpio and her Pluto is in Leo. Without a birth time, I haven't been able to accurately calculate her chart, but her Moon is in Aquarius and I suspect her Ascendant is Capricorn from her life pattern. She is a caring mother who means well, but her early experiences were terrible. However, as she has become older, she has softened and recaptured her fun side. I love her!

As a child and during my teens and early 20's, my life was hard, confusing and dominated by overbearing, powerful, intense, bitter and angry adult relatives.
It always felt like there was a power struggle. But however hard life was, I never gave up, and I always believed there must be a reason. When I was about 12, I realised that I had a natural ability to heal, and that I had a psychic gift.

When I was 29, I remarried and I let go of the old patterns from my youth and went through a transformation process that lasted about 18 months - 2 years. I enrolled in a correspondence astrology course with a college in the UK and reviewed my belief system and made changes. Some of these changes were scary, because I'm suspicious of change unless it's really necessary, but I felt it was Plutonian energy being the teacher, and that in time, I'd be able to understand.

Even now, Pluto in my life is definitely not subtle, and I've grown to accept it, with the help of the opposition in my chart. It's not scary anymore.

Blackempress

:pluto: :opposition::jupiter::moon::mercury:
:pluto::square::saturn:
:pluto::sextile::neptune:

Even now, Pluto in my life is definitely not subtle, and I've grown to accept it, with the help of the opposition in my chart. It's not scary anymore.

In the first house & the oppositions definitely would've pulled the whole show up front! You seem at peace with it now. Bravo!

*emma*

Banned
Pluto in 12th

Stephen Arroyo in one of his books advised those with this placement should follow one spiritual path to avoid confusion. I can relate to that, I found you cannot readily just pick and mix, lol.

scorpio176

I have pluto in scorpio in my 8th house and I am almost obsessed if you want to call it that with unsolved mysteries of any kind. I'm the kind of person that doesn't just accept what everyone else believes to be true I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. Ancient history is especially intriquing to me for some reason it just always has been. I don't like not knowing things I feel like I have to know everything about everything.

Blackempress

I have pluto in scorpio in my 8th house and I am almost obsessed if you want to call it that with unsolved mysteries of any kind. I'm the kind of person that doesn't just accept what everyone else believes to be true I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. Ancient history is especially intriquing to me for some reason it just always has been. I don't like not knowing things I feel like I have to know everything about everything.

I can tally everything as another 8th house pluto native. :happy:

You have a scorpio ruled house in a scorpio rued planet. its no wonder your so "obsessed" with seeing the whole truth about anything!

just remember you have a talent for mystery. dont scatter your attentions to things that will not be useful in your tangible life.

scorpio176

You have a scorpio ruled house in a scorpio rued planet. its no wonder your so "obsessed" with seeing the whole truth about anything!

just remember you have a talent for mystery. dont scatter your attentions to things that will not be useful in your tangible life.
It seems like things not useful in my tangible life are the most interesting to me though

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I'm still trying to figure out which chart to use but all I kno is that Dealing with Pluto is difficult because sometimes we make it that way. It's process is slow, painfully slow and it requires a great deal of patience.

Aside from whole signs, Pluto lands in my first house no matter what. And self awareness is the first step of the process here. U start to feel, at some point in your life, unhappy. All of these outdated emotions arise , some you never knew were there b/c they feel that deep. But they start to resurface and it can lead to a destructor path of trying to bury them just as a means to be happy but at some point the process of repressing gets old and you seek change, sometimes immediately. I think that's what happens with me, seekin immediate change not ready to accept the fact that this is goin to be a long ride. I think Pluto here suggest that me and my immediate environment work to bring out subconscious forces.

The main thing with first house Pluto though I think is change and the truth, both are hard to accept but I seek them