Progressed Asc & MC changing signs

DoubleIvy

Hi All!:happy:

I wanted to ask if anyone could give me feedback on my progressed chart. This August 24th my progressed chart has the Asc/DC & the MC/IC changing signs at the same time. Previously I have only read about one axis changing sign but have not read or seen anything about both changing simultaneously.

I also have p-Pluto conjunct the p-Asc and my p-Vertex conjunct the p-DC.
Transiting Pluto is also conjunct the p-IC, t-Mars conjunct p-MC, t-Mercury conjunct p-Asc all exact or within a 2 degree orb.

Can anyone give me any idea of what I should expect?

Thanks!

[Moderator edit - thread moved here, as threads posted outside the Greenhorns' Lounge need for the poster to share their astrological views about the topic.]

Attachments

• progressions 8.24.09.jpg
    progressions 8.24.09.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 52
  • natal:transits8.24.09.jpg
    natal:transits8.24.09.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

EJ53

Banned
DoubleIvy said:
........I wanted to ask if anyone could give me feedback on my progressed chart.....Can anyone give me any idea of what I should expect?

Hi Ivy..........Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully, other members will respond on this.........as there are seem to be major changes ahead for you, but my eyesight is not good enough to identify them from the posted charts.

Obviously, Pluto is a "major player" here.............aspecting the progressed Asc/Dsc + MC/IC axes natally, by progression and by transit......and (I think) your natal 5/11 axis is conjunct the progressed MC/IC axis......So, we are probably looking at a significant career change here.....transforming you (P Pluto on Asc), your finances (N Pluto in 2nd house) and your job satisfaction (T Pluto in N Cap/5th house).

EJ:smile:

Last edited:

starlink

Doubleivy, it is indeed interesting to see that both axes change at the same time.
All angles are changing sign for you and like EJ53 also mentions, this shows big changes ahead for you, and all in 1, 4, 7 and 10. (own physical appearance or personality, your homelife, your partnership and your career.) This is one clear indication of change.

the other one is of course is the progressed Moon who was exactly sextile your Ascendant about 2 month ago. It entered your 3rd house and most probably will indicate a focus on 3rd house issues, be it some form of communication, the way you interact with others, and peers.

I have the feeling that you have reached the age where you can finally make your dreams come true through hard work and personal input : transiting Saturn square Moon, ruler 11.

Because Venus rules your natal MC of career and is placed in the 3rd, this shows a career where any form of communication would be possible. Venus has to do with the arts, so I would think more in the direction of writing or music. Venus is involved in a Grand Trine with Mars, ruler of the higher mind and Moon, ruler of your house of hopes and ideals.

Progressed Mercury, ruler of your Asc. is conjunct Progressed Venus, ruler 10 and both in the 4th house. One of the possibilities would be setting up your own business or working from home (writing a book?).

I dont look at progressed Pluto, Uranus and Neptunus so much, only look at progressions of slower planets. It maybe gives yet another indication of personal transformation with that Progr. Pluto conj. the Progr. Asc. but I rather look at transiting Pluto conjunct the natal 5th house and in exact trine to your Ascendant which shows me more. The house of selfexpression is highlighted here and Pluto ruling your 4th house of home, shows once more the connection with selfexpression (5th house),yourself (Asc.) and home.

Of course the 5th house also has to do with children or the product of your selfexpression being "your baby", which I think could be the case here.

The progressed chart shows a T-square between Mars in 6 square Neptune in 3 and Saturn in 9. I dont count the squares to Mercury and Venus, the orb is too wide for a progressed planet. There could be hard work involved (Mars in 6) in balancing out your intuitive, spiritual, and compassionate part of your mind (Neptune in 3) with the intellectual and disciplined part of your mind (Saturn in 9), in other words, you could have difficulty to put your phantasies into reality.

Natally you also have this Neptune-Saturn opposition and now Mars is firing this opposition into action.

What are your own feelings about this? I dont know anything about you of course but I think you do have a talent for writing but it has been blocked by that Saturn opposition to your 5th house ruler Neptune and traditional ruler Jupiter, so you might be a late bloomer:). Now with the part of fortune trining your Moon and conjunct your 3rd house, maybe your time has come.

Other possibilities: progr. ruler of 5 in the 1st and North Node in 5 : pregnancy or a romance. Progressed ruler MC, Moon trine progr, ruler house 7, Mars and progr. Mercury (ruler of your natal Asc. conjunct Progr.Venus).

or:
also with that progressed T-square: relationship problems due to work or illness and because of Progressed Mars square natal Jupiter and Neptune and opposing Ascendant.

Last edited:

DoubleIvy

Hi Ivy..........Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully, other members will respond on this.........as there are seem to be major changes ahead for you, but my eyesight is not good enough to identify them from the posted charts.

Obviously, Pluto is a "major player" here.............aspecting the progressed Asc/Dsc + MC/IC axes natally, by progression and by transit......and (I think) your natal 5/11 axis is conjunct the progressed MC/IC axis......So, we are probably looking at a significant career change here.....transforming you (P Pluto on Asc), your finances (N Pluto in 2nd house) and your job satisfaction (T Pluto in N Cap/5th house).

EJ:smile:

Hi EJ!

Thank you so much for welcoming me to the forum and for answering my question!

I picked up studying astrology last year and am fascinated by the subject. I have read a few things about progression in regards to sign shifts of the axes - Rushman and Blaschke- but the trouble was I couldn't find anything to specifically address the Pluto and Vertex conjunctions to the Asc and DC respectively. Since Pluto is so powerful I wanted to hear exactly how others would interpret this influence.

I thank you so much for your interpretation! I have been looking for work since I finished grad school in 2004. Everything has been static for so long it is about time for some change. I was excited to read about the progressions since I knew this would mean significant change in my life.

Thank you again for your help!:happy:

DoubleIvy

the progressed Moon who was exactly sextile your Ascendant about 2 month ago. It entered your 3rd house and most probably will indicate a focus on 3rd house issues, be it some form of communication, the way you interact with others, and peers.

I have the feeling that you have reached the age where you can finally make your dreams come true through hard work and personal input : transiting Saturn square Moon, ruler 11.

Because Venus rules your natal MC of career and is placed in the 3rd, this shows a career where any form of communication would be possible. Venus has to do with the arts, so I would think more in the direction of writing or music. Venus is involved in a Grand Trine with Mars, ruler of the higher mind and Moon, ruler of your house of hopes and ideals.

Progressed Mercury, ruler of your Asc. is conjunct Progressed Venus, ruler 10 and both in the 4th house. One of the possibilities would be setting up your own business or working from home (writing a book?).

I dont look at progressed Pluto, Uranus and Neptunus so much, only look at progressions of slower planets. It maybe gives yet another indication of personal transformation with that Progr. Pluto conj. the Progr. Asc. but I rather look at transiting Pluto conjunct the natal 5th house and in exact trine to your Ascendant which shows me more. The house of selfexpression is highlighted here and Pluto ruling your 4th house of home, shows once more the connection with selfexpression (5th house),yourself (Asc.) and home.

Of course the 5th house also has to do with children or the product of your selfexpression being "your baby", which I think could be the case here.

The progressed chart shows a T-square between Mars in 6 square Neptune in 3 and Saturn in 9. I dont count the squares to Mercury and Venus, the orb is too wide for a progressed planet. There could be hard work involved (Mars in 6) in balancing out your intuitive, spiritual, and compassionate part of your mind (Neptune in 3) with the intellectual and disciplined part of your mind (Saturn in 9), in other words, you could have difficulty to put your phantasies into reality.

Natally you also have this Neptune-Saturn opposition and now Mars is firing this opposition into action.

What are your own feelings about this? I dont know anything about you of course but I think you do have a talent for writing but it has been blocked by that Saturn opposition to your 5th house ruler Neptune and traditional ruler Jupiter, so you might be a late bloomer:). Now with the part of fortune trining your Moon and conjunct your 3rd house, maybe your time has come.

Other possibilities: progr. ruler of 5 in the 1st and North Node in 5 : pregnancy or a romance. Progressed ruler MC, Moon trine progr, ruler house 7, Mars and progr. Mercury (ruler of your natal Asc. conjunct Progr.Venus).

or:
also with that progressed T-square: relationship problems due to work or illness and because of Progressed Mars square natal Jupiter and Neptune and opposing Ascendant.

Hi Starlink!

Thank you so much for your in-depth response! All of this information is so insightful!

I can’t figure out how to quote and reply to multiple sections of your response, so I apologize if my response reads a bit choppy.

It is so great to read that I might be able to make my dreams come true now. As I replied to EJ – I’ve been unemployed for 5 years and I’ve struggled through hundreds of rejection letters.

As you wrote about the Venus in my chart being associated with arts, I was happy to read this in my own chart during the beginning of my astrology studies. I have always been involved in the arts in one way or another. I do write songs as a hobby but I have never considered pursuing this as a career nor have I ever considered writing in any way to earn a living.

I didn’t even look at transiting Pluto trine my Asc! This info is so helpful.

I can tell you in the battle of the opposition between Saturn and Neptune, Neptune is winning. I do have to incorporate more discipline into my life and I have felt this most strongly as of late.

With the shift of sign in the 7th from Pisces to Aries and Pluto conjunct the Asc I was wondering if this could mean someone coming into my life that could help me career-wise. Since Pluto could refer to the influence of a powerful person, and/or a Scorpio and since Pluto is in my natal 2nd, which could trigger some life into my finances, maybe this is due to someone’s help. I was just wondering since in my natal chart I have Saturn in the 10th, which could signify a mentor or expert, someone established helping you in your career?

Thank you again for all you input! It is most helpful!:happy:

Welcome to AW,

Because your time of birth is crucial and you are SO early in Virgo. I'm always a little suspicious when people say they are born o'clock, half past and quarter to and quarter past and your 'Time' is ultimately very important with Astrology and in this light and using solar arcs for rectification purposes then.....

Age 6 SA IC conj Neptune, did anyone die, disappear? Age 10 SA IC conj Jupiter, did your family relocate, travel, move abroad? Age 11 SA MC conj Saturn, did your father become distant, absent or strict?

Progressed Vertex conj Desc sounds promising for a new relationship. Perhaps would have been bit better if you posted a tri wheel from astro showing the progressions and transits all together.
Your progressed moon in scorpio in approx 2years suggests a house move when conj IC

End Sept 09 T Jupiter will conj natal mars which will open doors, expand, activate 6th house matters ie: work, daily routines, health etc. Should be a good confidence booster and maybe when T Jupiter conj 7th house cusp a special new relationship :love:
When T Saturn conj Pluto in2nd house may be challenging beginning Nov
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/nov2009gmt.shtml

astro.com has a Free six month transit forecaster, plus www.cafeastrology.com has predictive section for transits and much more.

I can’t figure out how to quote and reply to multiple sections of your response, so I apologize if my response reads a bit choppy.
when making a post there are two yellow square boxes, if you highlight your text after copying/pasting then press yellow box with 'right arrow' above it this will create a text box quote....:cool:

When your progressed Asc brings a natal planet conj it, suggests that those planet's energies will be more obvious to people around you cos the Asc is your 'shop window' how you present yourself to others, espec new people. Maybe you will revamp your presentation/image, try to dress more like 'power dressing' or change your hair to something more modern. But also pluto but pluto has a Square to Moon in Gemini, so your emotions (moon) may be at odds with this new presentation, maybe you will be more restless, definately want more control and become more analytical, maybe make good researcher, detective

Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html

Now you have Venus ruling MC, venus ruling 2nd house and Saturn ruling 6th house and placed in 10th. Saturn usually delays matters til past first saturn return at least and the opp to neptune is 'fear of unknown' aspect or father crushing one dreams and aspirations in childhood in some way. Opp to Jupiter creates a bit of 'see-saw' shall you expand and grow or work hard and be responsible, as these two planets don't really get on well.
YOur chart really lacks the element of earth but to compensate you have 7 planets in earth houses.
What you really lack is the element of water. There's a tendency to milk each emotional experience for all it's worth. Will put yourself into emotional situations and FEEL them as much as possible. Basically lacking water people are SEEKING intense experiences, by way of compensation. Instead of being overly emotional, they may perhaps offer more practical advice (Earth), or initiate (Fire) solving other people's problems for them!

DoubleIvy

Astrologer50, Thank you for welcoming me to the forum!

I am very grateful for all you've written. Since I am starting out in Astrology, all your information is very helpful. I wanted to respond to a few things, and I apologize for my delay but something went haywire with my computer and I could not open this website for several days. Not sure what caused it, or what allowed the website to open now - but I'm happy it's working again!

Because your time of birth is crucial and you are SO early in Virgo. I'm always a little suspicious when people say they are born o'clock, half past and quarter to and quarter past and your 'Time' is ultimately very important with Astrology and in this light and using solar arcs for rectification purposes then.....

Age 6 SA IC conj Neptune, did anyone die, disappear? Age 10 SA IC conj Jupiter, did your family relocate, travel, move abroad? Age 11 SA MC conj Saturn, did your father become distant, absent or strict?
I can't say that I know of anyone that died or disappeared when I was 6. My family did relocate when I was 8 not 10 but concerning the SA MC conj Saturn, at 11 years old my father did abandon us and it was many years before I saw him again.

Progressed Vertex conj Desc sounds promising for a new relationship. Perhaps would have been bit better if you posted a tri wheel from astro showing the progressions and transits all together.
Sorry about the tri-wheel.:unsure:

Your progressed moon in scorpio in approx 2years suggests a house move when conj IC
I'm looking forward to this.

End Sept 09 T Jupiter will conj natal mars which will open doors, expand, activate 6th house matters ie: work, daily routines, health etc. Should be a good confidence booster and maybe when T Jupiter conj 7th house cusp a special new relationship :love:
When T Saturn conj Pluto in2nd house may be challenging beginning Nov
I hope the boost from T Jupiter will help open the doors for me since I've been unemployed for so long. It's been a while for a relationship as well, so more good news!

when making a post there are two yellow square boxes, if you highlight your text after copying/pasting then press yellow box with 'right arrow' above it this will create a text box quote....:cool:
Thank You! Thank You! I think I've got it now!:cool:

pluto has a Square to Moon in Gemini, so your emotions (moon) may be at odds with this new presentation, maybe you will be more restless, definately want more control and become more analytical, maybe make good researcher, detective
I've always been great at research and is the thing I perhaps am best at. I love puzzles and everything that has to be "uncovered" or "discovered". My first love was archaeology and I also loved reading detective novels when I was younger. I believe this whole fascination with "uncovering things" is what led me to astrology.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html

I do understand house rulers and I do enjoy using cafeastrology.com for reference as well as my many books. It is a great comprehensive site for getting the basics of astrology down and as a starting point for more complex astrology.

Saturn usually delays matters til past first saturn return at least and the opp to neptune is 'fear of unknown' aspect or father crushing one dreams and aspirations in childhood in some way.
I've had so many delays thanks to Saturn. And with the opp to Neptune - both are correct.

What you really lack is the element of water. There's a tendency to milk each emotional experience for all it's worth. Will put yourself into emotional situations and FEEL them as much as possible. Basically lacking water people are SEEKING intense experiences, by way of compensation. Instead of being overly emotional, they may perhaps offer more practical advice (Earth), or initiate (Fire) solving other people's problems for them!

People always approach me for advice and they ask me to help solve their problems. This is right on.
However, I can be overly emotional - even commercials can get me to cry. :rolleyes: I do normally attract intense experiences although recently not so much. My mother once questioned why I always attract them and I told her that I really didn't mind - I'd never want a boring life.:lol:

Anyway, thank you once again for all your insight. It is much appreciated.:smile:

arbitan09

I, born Apr 3 1965, had the same change of all angles on August 24th last year. I received an offer from University two days before and generally feel stronger, especially as the angles are in my sun & rising signs now.