ADD in natal chart

I've had so much drama over ADD and my Adderall the past year. Just to save you from a huge epilogue: I was diagnosed last year with it by a psychiatrist and he retired this January so I had to see a new one. She immediately made an assessment that I did not have ADD despite what my test had said and what my psychiatrist AND doctor said. I went off of it in January and since then my life has gone to ****. I had to quit work and school because it was difficult. I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't prioritize or organize.

Does it show in my chart? I've also been diagnosed with depression. I've read somewhere that ADD is genetic and you are born with it.

My Asc squares Mercury. Also Gemini is my 12th house where thoughts and unconscious matters are. Maybe my Moon square Mercury too

NIJdErt.jpg

Last edited:

muchacho

I've had so much drama over ADD and my Adderall the past year. Just to save you from a huge epilogue: I was diagnosed last year with it by a psychiatrist and he retired this January so I had to see a new one. She immediately made an assessment that I did not have ADD despite what my test had said and what my psychiatrist AND doctor said. I went off of it in January and since then my life has gone to ****. I had to quit work and school because it was difficult. I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't prioritize or organize.

Does it show in my chart? I've also been diagnosed with depression. I've read somewhere that ADD is genetic and you are born with it.

My Asc squares Mercury. Also Gemini is my 12th house where thoughts and unconscious matters are. Maybe my Moon square Mercury too
Although your Mercury is in Aries which makes you a very alert, quick and jumpy thinker, this doesn't look like an ADD chart. Your Sun in Taurus, your Moon in Capricorn, both earthy signs, that should make you a rather stable and grounded person nevertheless. Your 3rd is in Virgo, another earthy sign. A typical ADD chart would have a strong emphasis on airy signs and fiery signs. You don't have that. So, I have to agree with your new doctor.

Although your Mercury is in Aries which makes you a very alert, quick and jumpy thinker, this doesn't look like an ADD chart. Your Sun in Taurus, your Moon in Capricorn, both earthy signs, that should make you a rather stable and grounded person nevertheless. Your 3rd is in Virgo, another earthy sign. A typical ADD chart would have a strong emphasis on airy signs and fiery signs. You don't have that. So, I have to agree with your new doctor.

Interesting. I identify and have all the symptoms of it. What do you make of my Water and Earth Trines

Last edited:

muchacho

Interesting. I identify and have all the symptoms of it. What do you make of my Water and Earth Trines

Your 2 most important points (Sun and Moon) are in earthy signs. Cancer ASC may be changeable, but not in the nervous energy way. You were asking about ADD, which refers to a surplus of nervous energy. And that's typical for airy signs, not even fiery signs so much because fire is about life energy, not nervous energy.

Someone may have talked you into it. What you believe will be your reality sooner or later. No matter if it's true or not. You said that you were on medication, so you've probably had no opportunity to really be yourself for a rather long time.

You've asked if ADD can be seen in your chart. It doesn't look like ADD at all to me. That's all I can tell you now. So maybe check out some other factors.

Your 2 most important points (Sun and Moon) are in earthy signs. Cancer ASC may be changeable, but not in the nervous energy way. You were asking about ADD, which refers to a surplus of nervous energy. And that's typical for airy signs, not even fiery signs so much because fire is about life energy, not nervous energy.

Someone may have talked you into it. What you believe will be your reality sooner or later. No matter if it's true or not. You said that you were on medication, so you've probably had no opportunity to really be yourself for a rather long time.

You've asked if ADD can be seen in your chart. It doesn't look like ADD at all to me. That's all I can tell you now. So maybe check out some other factors.

I was on it for a year and it helped and then I was taken off of it and my life spiraled out of control. I asked about the trines because I thought maybe it could mean something. Also, my birth time is correct. My dad was wearing a watch and he said he specifically wrote down the time so he could remember it for my baby scrapbook. I'm definitely a Cancer Ascendant!

R4VEN

TaurusTime, I was intrigued by your original post re ADD. I am one who subscribes to the belief that ADD, ADHD, Autism spectrum conditions, etc, etc, are all related, and are induced by environmental toxins - in food, air, the soil, water supply (fluoride is a BIG factor, as are immunisations) As far as a genetic factor, the only one I know of is in families where there are highly sensitive people, and only the most sensitive (and generally males, but not always) are affected. There is an increase in these kinds of conditions since the introduction of fluoride in the water supply (which in many countries is now being stopped, due to fluoride being a neurotoxin), and immunisations against every illness there is, even the childhood illnesses which provide us with necessary antibodies against more serious diseases. You are of an age to have been exposed to all of these toxins. Not everyone is affected. [Just as an interesting aside, I was born in the late 1940's, and ADD was unheard of in my generation.]

To a degree I agree with what has been said by muchacho. You have a rather `solid' chart - aside from Mars in Pisces, which is hugely sensitive, and can result in sensitivities to certain things in your environment. Also, Cancer Asc is a very sensitive placement. With things like ADD I look for a relationship between Uranus and Moon, or Uranus and Mercury, and you have a widish conjunction of Uranus and Moon, although I would not have thought it close enough to cause you problems.

Judging by your symptoms I suspect that there is some kind of toxicity to which you are reacting, and most psychiatrists - being people who hand out pills - do not even recognise the significance of environmental influences.

You have a really wonderful Grand Earth Trine which promises much, provided you learn best to access it... and you have to figure that out for yourself, as no-one can really teach you that.

Something worth noting is the passage of transiting Uranus through your 10th house of career. There may be upsets and redirections during the time Uranus passes through this house. Also transiting Uranus is still technically squaring your natal Uranus, so that can be upsetting and confusing as you are perhaps being led somewhere you hadn't planned to go.

TaurusTime, I was intrigued by your original post re ADD. I am one who subscribes to the belief that ADD, ADHD, Autism spectrum conditions, etc, etc, are all related, and are induced by environmental toxins - in food, air, the soil, water supply (fluoride is a BIG factor, as are immunisations) As far as a genetic factor, the only one I know of is in families where there are highly sensitive people, and only the most sensitive (and generally males, but not always) are affected. There is an increase in these kinds of conditions since the introduction of fluoride in the water supply (which in many countries is now being stopped, due to fluoride being a neurotoxin), and immunisations against every illness there is, even the childhood illnesses which provide us with necessary antibodies against more serious diseases. You are of an age to have been exposed to all of these toxins. Not everyone is affected. [Just as an interesting aside, I was born in the late 1940's, and ADD was unheard of in my generation.]

To a degree I agree with what has been said by muchacho. You have a rather `solid' chart - aside from Mars in Pisces, which is hugely sensitive, and can result in sensitivities to certain things in your environment. Also, Cancer Asc is a very sensitive placement. With things like ADD I look for a relationship between Uranus and Moon, or Uranus and Mercury, and you have a widish conjunction of Uranus and Moon, although I would not have thought it close enough to cause you problems.

Judging by your symptoms I suspect that there is some kind of toxicity to which you are reacting, and most psychiatrists - being people who hand out pills - do not even recognise the significance of environmental influences.

You have a really wonderful Grand Earth Trine which promises much, provided you learn best to access it... and you have to figure that out for yourself, as no-one can really teach you that.

Something worth noting is the passage of transiting Uranus through your 10th house of career. There may be upsets and redirections during the time Uranus passes through this house. Also transiting Uranus is still technically squaring your natal Uranus, so that can be upsetting and confusing as you are perhaps being led somewhere you hadn't planned to go.

Hi! Thanks for your help. Perhaps there could be toxins. I'm not sure. I'm just a wreck without the pills. Even before I had been diagnosed last year with ADD, basically forever, I've had trouble concentrating and focusing. I lived in another place as a child, so I don't know about the toxins there etc.

Uranus transiting my 10th is really hard for me. As I said, I quit work and school because I was unable to concentrate after being taken off the pills. Before I was diagnosed I had gone through 10 jobs in two years and tried and failed at college four times >.<. Adderall came along and fixed it all. I certainly can't get a job right now because I would quit or be fired from it like the jobs I had before Adderall.

graay ghost

Jupiter inconjunct Mercury. Inconjuncts are often associated with illnesses and it involves both the third house (communications, Gemini's native house, probably house most associated with ADD) and 10th house (career, reputation). Mercury is ruler of 12th (hidden enemies) and Jupiter ruler of your 6th (daily work). Mercury represents the mind and Jupiter is often representative of excesses.

Looks like it could be ADD to me.

Osamenor

Staff member
TT, I've been thinking of starting a similar thread for months. My idea was to invite anyone who either had been diagnosed with ADD or had good reason to believe the diagnosis would fit them to post their chart, so that we could compare and see if there are common factors that seem to crop up.

I was diagnosed when I was 19. I'm an inwardly directed, inattentive type. Learning that there was a name for it was a great eye opener. I'd grown up with no sense at all of why I couldn't meet expectations despite everyone telling me I was so smart....

Would it be okay to post my chart for comparison?

Osamenor

Staff member

That's just one of the subtypes of ADD. The general public knows about the hyperactive kind, but little or nothing is publicized about the other subtypes: inwardly directed, and highly structured. People with the other ADD subtypes don't match with the hyperactive traits much, if at all, and often go undiagnosed.

Being an inwardly directed/highly structured ADD myself, I can speak from firsthand experience.

conspiracy theorist

That's just one of the subtypes of ADD. The general public knows about the hyperactive kind, but little or nothing is publicized about the other subtypes: inwardly directed, and highly structured. People with the other ADD subtypes don't match with the hyperactive traits much, if at all, and often go undiagnosed.

Being an inwardly directed/highly structured ADD myself, I can speak from firsthand experience.

Hmm... Interesting.

Could you elaborate further on this?

Slenkar

A more pressing issue is Moon conjunct North Node that's a big thing as the nodes are based on the moon.

http://www.astrologykrs.com/Rahu-Moon-conjunction.html

He mentions an 'inability to focus on one thing'

Uranus could also cause a more mild form of ADD, it is supposed to be conjunct moon according to that chart.

I have Uranus opposite moon and I have some mild ADD.

Last edited:
A more pressing issue is Moon conjunct North Node that's a big thing as the nodes are based on the moon.

http://www.astrologykrs.com/Rahu-Moon-conjunction.html

He mentions an 'inability to focus on one thing'

Uranus could also cause a more mild form of ADD, it is supposed to be conjunct moon according to that chart.

Hmm my Uranus is conjunct moon. I suppose that gives way for my rollercoaster of emotions and constant mood swings.

TT, I've been thinking of starting a similar thread for months. My idea was to invite anyone who either had been diagnosed with ADD or had good reason to believe the diagnosis would fit them to post their chart, so that we could compare and see if there are common factors that seem to crop up.

I was diagnosed when I was 19. I'm an inwardly directed, inattentive type. Learning that there was a name for it was a great eye opener. I'd grown up with no sense at all of why I couldn't meet expectations despite everyone telling me I was so smart....

Would it be okay to post my chart for comparison?

Yes you should start a section! I would definitely check it out.

Hmm... Interesting.

Could you elaborate further on this?

She means that people confuse ADD for ADHD. ADD is attention deficit disorder while AdHD is attention deficit HYPERACTIVITY disorder. ADHD is more pervasive in kids; it's the common type of ADHD most know about. It makes you hyperactive, unable to stop cutting people off in conversation, antsy and always on the go. ADD on the other hand is where you just can't focus in school, work and home or 2/3 settings. Some adults do have ADHD, but that is more common in kids, the ADD minus the hyperactivity part or and combo of both ADHD and ADD is more common in adults.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
She means that people confuse ADD for ADHD. ADD is attention deficit disorder while AdHD is attention deficit HYPERACTIVITY disorder. ADHD is more pervasive in kids; it's the common type of ADHD most know about. It makes you hyperactive, unable to stop cutting people off in conversation, antsy and always on the go. ADD on the other hand is where you just can't focus in school, work and home or 2/3 settings. Some adults do have ADHD, but that is more common in kids, the ADD minus the hyperactivity part or and combo of both ADHD and ADD is more common in adults.

That's only partly what I meant, and it's not a difference between kids and adults. A kid with the hyperactive subtype will become an adult with the hyperactive subtype, but adult hyperactivity is somewhat different from childhood hyperactivity. That may be a person who still has some trouble literally sitting still, but the hyperactivity is going to manifest more in other ways: difficulty keeping a job, impulsivity, lots of short term relationships, etc.

Adults with the inattentive type started out as children with the inattentive type. Those are kids who daydream intensely and miss half the things the teacher says, who can't stay on top of their homework, etc., that kind of thing. That kind of ADD is underdiagnosed, and all the subtypes are underdiagnosed in girls, because most of the research on ADD/ADHD, and most of the official criteria, was based on males with ADD/ADHD. It's much more common for females to have the inattentive type than the hyperactive type, and even when they are hyperactive, girls tend to manifest hyperactivity differently from boys. They're more likely to be "chatty Cathys" than always running around.

The three types I mentioned, I got that description from, as I recall, a book by Sari Solden. Other researchers have broken it down other ways. Another way of breaking down the subtypes here: http://www.everydayhealth.com/adhd/recognizing-the-types-of-adhd.aspx

Osamenor

Staff member

Hmm my Uranus is conjunct moon. I suppose that gives way for my rollercoaster of emotions and constant mood swings.

I don't have any Uranus and moon aspects, but I have an angular Uranus (on the MC), and so do you, TT (on the DC). Slenkar, is your Uranus angular, too?

I have a working theory that a strong Uranus might be one of the factors. Being ADD makes you different, outside the mold, and Uranus is certainly associated with that.

Something else TT and I have in common is a grand trine, and we both have the same set of planets involved: sun, moon, and Jupiter.

I don't have any Uranus and moon aspects, but I have an angular Uranus (on the MC), and so do you, TT (on the DC). Slenkar, is your Uranus angular, too?

I have a working theory that a strong Uranus might be one of the factors. Being ADD makes you different, outside the mold, and Uranus is certainly associated with that.

Something else TT and I have in common is a grand trine, and we both have the same set of planets involved: sun, moon, and Jupiter.

I definitely think Uranus is involved. It's the most "ADD" planet of all. It reminds me of someone whose mind is all over the place and constantly doing and thinking about a million different things a minute.

muchacho

Ah, toxins. Good point.

Yes, she may take a look at transits.