Progressed Descendant Conjunct Transiting Pluto in 8th house

Yoi

I've been looking at my progressions and transits for the next few years. There will be a lot of activity in my 8th house which starts in the later degrees of Sagittarius as Pluto enters soon.

The single planet in the house is the Capricorn Venus and it will of course be the focus of attention. The natal Venus is tightly trine Jupiter and Mars in Virgo 4th house, tightly trine Chiron in Taurus 12th house (which could be considered an Earth Grand Trine if you count Chiron I guess) and semisquare Uranus and Mercury in Scorpio 6th house so all the progressions and transits will pick up these aspects too. It is currently conjunct the progressed Sun which is slowly moving away from it. As the Pluto transit slowly inches towards the 8th house and then Venus the progressed Sun will inch away from Venus. Venus is low enough in the house that I think it will still feel the slowly fading effect of the progressed Sun as Pluto slowly approaches. There's also a progressed Mercury in there too and eventually a progressed Moon in second house Cancer will oppose the whole bunch clustered around my natal Venus. Transiting Jupiter will fly in there for a while as well. Basically this 8th house, especially Venus is going to be a very busy place for the next few years.

The most interesting thing is I notice is that as Pluto enters the 8th house it will become exactly conjunct with the Progressed Descendant in 2008. Eventually Pluto's slightly faster speed will separate them but they will essentially move together for the next few years as the Pluto transit over Venus occurs. Even in 2011 there will only be a couple of degrees separating them. The Pluto transit over Venus goes exact in 2012. This is especially interesting as Pluto will be entering the domain where it is strongest.

What do people think a transiting Pluto conjunct the progressed Descendant approaching together a conjunction with the natal Venus in the 8th house mean? I'm not that familiar with progressions especially how they're supposed to interact with transits.

EDIT: I just realized, in a bizarre coincidence, the progressed Venus around this time will be inching its way to the Aquarius MC and will go exact at the same time as the transiting Pluto goes exact over natal Venus. The reason why this is bizaare is because as the progressed Venus conjuncts the natal MC it will pick up a trine with the natal Moon in Gemini 1st house and another trine with natal Pluto in the 5th house and a square with natal Mercury and natal Venus. Basically the next few years are going to be dominated by a pattern which is repeated *twice* in the chart: Venus, Pluto, Moon and an angle and a grand trine + squares or semisquares with natal Mercury and natal Uranus.

Case 1: Capricorn natal Venus in 8th house conjunct transitting Pluto and progressed Descendant opposed by progressed Moon in 2nd house Cancer. An earth grand trine will be set off as natal Venus is a vertex on a grand trine involving ntal Jupiter and Mars in the 4th and natal Chiron in the 12th. So I guess this means there will be a grand kite, eventually becoming just a grand trine as the progressed moon moves more quickly than the other planets. The natal Venus/transitting Pluto/progressed Descendant vertex will be semisquare Mercury and Uranus in Scorpio in the 6th.

Case 2: Progressed Venus conjunct natal MC in Aquarius will set off an air grand trine involving natal Moon in Gemini 1st house and natal Pluto in Libra 5th house as the natal MC has both of these trines. The progressed Venus/natal MC vertex will be square natal Mercury and Uranus. Natal Pallas is right on top of the natal MC but I'm not sure whether that means anything...

Last edited: