Aspects of homosexuality?

Soragirl6

Ok there is this guy who is super girl hungry and he is obsessed with his girlfriend to the point he won't let her move. Now I looked at his chart and he has Lilith conjunct Venus. So is his mercury and its all in the 7th house.When I did research however they said he more than likely will be gay? i was a little confused by this notion because the guy is girl crazy and when he got his girlfriend that's all he ever talks about, she's like his best friend and lover. So i need to know is this aspect true for all people with this placement. And when I told him about it he said that as a youth he had issues with his mother and was not a people person, but that's why he loves his girlfriend even more because she has been there for him when his mother wasn't. He said that he can't be attracted to men sexually. He doesn't feel it. So i'm wondering how this aspect works exactly. What kind of behavior does it give a person? :andy:

Last edited:

greybeard

Look at the charts of John F. Kennedy, Jr. and Bill Clinton. A good deal is known about the sexual behaviors of these two men.

Now put together a list of a dozen or so of your favorite gay men. Examine the charts.

In learning astrology, the study of horoscopes is far more fruitful (no pun intended) than the study of books.

Lilith? Aren't ten planets enough? Before 1800 astrologers got along very well with 7. The power of astrology lies in its simplicity; the more elements you add to a chart, the more confused the astrologer's mind is apt to become.

Last edited:

kennedyrosewhith

I've never heard Lilith being connected to homosexuality, but I suppose I understand why it could be. Not that it definitely will be. An aspect sometimes connected to homosexuality is Venus square Uranus. Okay, someone with this aspect could be gay. They may feel their romantic nature is a bit unusual, and feel ostracized because of it. Or, they could be straight and polyamourous. Having multiple open relationships, with all participants fully aware and okay with it isn't all that usual either. Or maybe they're just a commitment-phobe, or fall in love with people who they can't be with. Maybe they can't be with these people because they're of the same sex and the relationship wouldn't be approved of, or maybe these people are just unavailable for other reasons. Maybe these Venus-Uranus issues show up more in the mother (Venus, feminine principal) than relationships.

Venus-Lilith aspects *could* be connected to homosexuality, but they don't have to be and they certainly aren't in every chart. If someone is gay, but doesn't particularly struggle with it, you'll probably be hard-pressed to find it in the chart.

MJ82

Ugh - this subject AGAIN?

There are no astrological markers of homosexuality. None at all. Zero. Zip, Nada.

There may not be sure-markers, but I've read that an 8th house moon can indicate bisexuality or homosexuality in a woman's chart, and that Aquarius and Uranian influences may also indicate much greater fluidity. I have both of these in my chart and I'm gay, so it's an interesting thread to explore.

In my personal opinion though, I think it takes a lot more than "birth" or natal chart "signatures" to make one gay - I think it's far more complex and multi-faceted than that. Environment and early experiences, I think, play a huge role - but then many astrologers believe such experiences are indicated in our birth charts anyway.... dunno :whistling:

kennedyrosewhith

I sort of disagree. You can't find sexuality itself in a chart, but if a person experiences difficulties related to their sexuality, I don't see why you definitely couldn't find that in the chart. But you could only know if it has anything to do with homosexuality if you know that they are in fact gay, and if they particularly struggle with it. You can only really know in hindsight, and these same aspects can also mean a ton of other things, even if the person IS gay. I think it's best if astrologers don't try to "diagnose" homosexuality in the chart. I feel a lot of the problems people experience with non-heterosexuality are not issues with the sexualities themselves, but what other people think of these sexualities.

I know a lot of older justifications for "homosexual aspects" came from the idea that homosexuality is some bizarre, unnatural, deviant sexuality. We know now that that's just plain ridiculous.

Asteriae

Banned
Ok there is this guy who is super girl hungry and he is obsessed with his girlfriend to the point he won't let her move. Now I looked at his chart and he has Lilith conjunct Venus. So is his mercury and its all in the 7th house.When I did research however they said he more than likely will be gay? i was a little confused by this notion because the guy is girl crazy and when he got his girlfriend that's all he ever talks about, she's like his best friend and lover. So i need to know is this aspect true for all people with this placement. And when I told him about it he said that as a youth he had issues with his mother and was not a people person, but that's why he loves his girlfriend even more because she has been there for him when his mother wasn't. He said that he can't be attracted to men sexually. He doesn't feel it. So i'm wondering how this aspect works exactly. What kind of behavior does it give a person? :andy:

Research where and from what source? The purest form of Lilith, when she first emerged as an archetypical image, can be found here, you tell me if this has anything to do with being gay, or not: http://religion.lilithezine.com/The_Legend_of_Lilith.html

Venus conjunct Lilith: very fertile relationships, wanting to relate, wanting to give, wanting to connect, abundance, Venus probably takes on an earthy quality, protective but also demonstrative.

greybeard

I think it is relatively easy to discern homosexuality in a chart. And in fact, it is relatively easy to discern the "type" of sexuality that pertains to anyone, straight, gay or neapolitan.

But such things are not discovered by looking at one aspect, or other type of "marker." C.E.O. Carter specifically links inharmonious Venus-Uranus aspects to "peculiar and unconventional ideas about sex," but then goes on to say that the aspect "does not incline to promiscuity or vulgar vice, and its connection with sexual perversion has probably been extremely exaggerated."

Liz Greene suggests that Saturn in the 10th may produce an inclination toward homosexuality. I do not agree, but that is what she says. J. Edgar Hoover had a well-conditioned Saturn in the 10th. But there are far too many exceptions to admit that such a placement "causes" homosexuality.

Nevertheless, homosexuality IS shown in the chart, and in most cases can be seen with relative ease. But as with all things, to see it requires reading the chart as a whole.

I was "performing" astrology at a psychic fair in Pueblo, Colorado one day when a young couple walked up to my booth. The man requested a reading, and I told him to give me about 20 minutes to prepare his chart and then come back. As he walked up on his return (I don't know what got into me...) I said in a conversational voice that could have been heard by anyone nearby, "You're gay." The man stopped dead in his tracks, quickly looked around him to see if his wife or girlfriend had overheard, and seeing that she was elsewhere came and sat down and we proceeded with the interview as if nothing had happened.

Last edited:

Inconjunct

Homosexuality is just a variant of human sexuality in the same way as left-handedness is just a variant of hand preference. Homosexuality has no more markers in a chart than left-handedness and certainly Lilith - which doesn't exist - has nothing at all to do with anything.

Inconjunct

I'm more than aware of that fact, being gay myself, but that still doesn't mean there are markers of homosexuality in the chart.

greybeard

I see no reason not to talk about sexuality, homo or otherwise. It's all part of being human. And you can see sexuality in a chart, of whatever flavor, because our sexuality is just an expression of our whole being.

Which of course shows us that homosexuality is not a choice....

Inconjunct

I see no reason not to talk about sexuality, homo or otherwise. It's all part of being human. And you can see sexuality in a chart, of whatever flavor, because our sexuality is just an expression of our whole being.

Which of course shows us that homosexuality is not a choice....

We can talk about sexuality, but there are still no markers of homosexuality in a chart, none at all.

tikana

we covered this topic at least 5 times. it is biological not astrological issue. Ranson twin girls. One is gay One is straight.

T

kennedyrosewhith

Yes, but that's a different matter altogether and doesn't depend on sexuality.

Not in every case, no. I don't think you can make blanket statements like "Venus square Saturn indicates homosexuality", but someone may have issues with their feminine nature related to their sexuality.

Edit: And we need to keep in mind that there's multiple ways that a Venus square Saturn aspect can play out for someone, regardless of their sexuality or eye color or hand preference or whatever.

Last edited:

greybeard

There are markers, and very definite ones, of homosexuality. That you can't find them is another question.

1. You first understand the entire chart. Without this first step you can't "read" a chart for any quality, sexual or otherwise, with any degree of accuracy. A person is not a collection of spare parts, but an integrated whole.

I once read a chart for a little boy 3 years old. I never did meet the child, but I told the mother that during the past November the kid had undergone a problem with his sexual identity. Odd? Perhaps, but that is what I saw in the chart....

Her reply: Oh, that's when I had to take him to see the psychiatrist.

At the psychic fair, the young man who came to my booth with the beautiful young woman on his arm... How did I know he was gay? Did I guess? Hardly. That was the first thing I said to him, out loud where others could hear...and his only reaction was to check and see if the woman had heard. He was gay.and we talked about the effects on his life and relationships.

I have the chart of a woman who has described her very aberrant sexuality to me in detail. The chart is very clear and portrays her sexual inclinations and shows the reasons for its development.

Bill Clinton's chart clearly shows "sex scandal." The scandal awaited his ascension to the presidency. The sexual behaviors that generated the scandal are also shown; the scandal and its causes go hand in hand.

Everyone's sexuality is shown in their chart, because it is a part of their total makeup.

I think it is important to address sexuality (a delicate matter in many cases) when doing prenuptial counseling fpr couples.