Is he indifferent to querent?

Francesca

I am trying to learn horary and have been trying to interpret this question
A woman asks "Is he indifferent to me?" on Tuesday, Jul4,2006 at 22:44 (10:44pm EST) at 43n10,78w41. This is how far I have gotten:
The asc is at 17deg Aquar, so the question is ripe. The ruler of the first house is Mars, which is angular in the 7th.The ruler of the 7th is the sun which is in the 5th. The querent is represented by Mars, the quesited is either the sun or saturn (older man). The moon in the 8th is not VOC. Mars is in opposition to Neptune in the first, and is angular in Leo.Saturn is also opposed by Neptune.

Since there is no aspect between Mars and Saturn, I would say the man is indifferent to the querent.There is a sextile between Saturn and venus, but it is separating, so there is little positive to be seen.

All right, now that I've made a fool of myself, will anybody help? Thanks

Last edited:

fensi88

Something is wrong with chart, for 10:44pm est time I got ASC=12Pi27. Please give us comlete data, town and local time, date we have.

Francesca

Thanks, Fensi, for replying. The chart is for Lockport NY, USA. The asc. is 17deg Aquar. Local time was 10:44 pm. I'm not sure why you are getting something different, but I hope you can figure it out as I am very eager for your guidance. Thanks again.

Summery Joy

Goca and Fran,

There may be something wrong with with one of your daylight's saving time adjustments.

Fran,

Who is that man to the querent? I'm not always keen on using the 7th house without making sure that another house cannot describe the relationship of the quesited to the querent more accurately.

Yes, the 7th house is the default house for "the other person". But maybe this other person happens to be a friend. In this case, the 11th house will be more suited to use. If the man is someone the querent has had a date with, the 5th house is better. People from work can be ruled by the 10th or 6th houses. You see what I mean?

Anyhow, if you insist on using the 7th house, then the quesited must care a lot about the querent since his significator (the Sun) receives her significator (Saturn) by sign.

Now, you say that the Moon is not VOC? How? It is VOC. It is at Libra 28:44. This is the latest degree in the chart apart from that of the Nodes, which are in minor aspects to the Moon so they do not matter in the interpretation. The Moon is in fact VOC and this means "Status quo"; nothing changes and the expected will happen.

Last edited:

Francesca

They are old flames, so the 5th might be appropriate. It's Neptune that worries me- doesn't it mean that the querent is self deluded? I think so because it is in opposition to both Mars and Saturn. The man has remarried-does the moon represent the wife or does Mars?

I thought the moon was making an aspect to Neptune, doesn't this count? What about the aspect to Venus? Does it count for anything?

I hope you don't mind all my questions-I am trying very hard to learn this. Thanks

fensi88

In this type of question aspects are not important, receptions are important.
So, querent is ruled by Sa(1st house ruler) which is in sign of Leo, so querent loves him. Querent is also represented with Moon.
His ruler*7house ruler) is Sun, in sign of Moon, so it seems to me that he loves her too.

Summery Joy

I agree with Goca. Reeption is more important in this question. But if we use the 5th house, there is no reception. He looks more indifferent than anything.

pwadm

Staff member
Hi

This seems to be a difficult chart. First Neptune in the 1st house is a sign of confusion and difficulty in reading the chart.
Then Saturn, ruler of the 1st house and representing the querent and also the astrologer is in exile and cadent, which is also a sign that judging this chart is tricky - it's a similar situation as if there were a client and an astrologer and Saturn would rule the 7th house which would represent the astrologer - Saturn's debilitated state would mean difficulties in astrologer's reading the chart.

Then the Moon is in the so called Via Combusta (15 Libra - 15 Scorpio) and Void of Course, which burns and confuses the judgement. On one hand it indicates the passion or the distress which go with the querent's question, on the other hand... what could the VOC Moon mean in this case? I mean: if the question were "Does he love me?" the Moon void of course would point out "No", but the question was actually "Is he indifferent to me?" which confuses me completely.

The last thing, which is the strongest point, I think: this is the kind of question that couldn't usually be valid unless the querent and the astrologer are two different persons. This is because this kind of question doesn't appear overnight nor in a flash of intuition but it implies lots of thinking, so it's not quite proper for horary. Besides, this is "old flames".

Based on the above, I would discard the chart.