Women use Moon and Venus more in relationships, men use Sun and Mars?

soratothamax

I was wondering about this. I've heard several websites like cafeastrology that say men use Sun and Mars when attracting a woman and women use Moon and Venus when attracting men. Now I know things are changing between the genders, but I'm interested in the gender differences.

I've heard that women take on their Venus personality when attracting a male. Or how does that work? I'm a little confused.

Now I know two women who have Venus that might seem to bring out their Sun sign aspect

Sun in Taurus
Moon in Cancer
Mercury in Aries
Venus in Taurus
Mars in Aries

Sun in Virgo
Moon in Virgo
Mercury in Virgo
Venus in Leo
Mars in Libra

Now if the girl had a Venus in Taurus, would she would express her sun more often in her attraction? Or would the girl with Venus in Leo express their sun sign more often because of the pull of the sun?

virgo18

I was wondering about this. I've heard several websites like cafeastrology that say men use Sun and Mars when attracting a woman and women use Moon and Venus when attracting men. Now I know things are changing between the genders, but I'm interested in the gender differences.

I've heard that women take on their Venus personality when attracting a male. Or how does that work? I'm a little confused.Yes, women use their Venus sign to attract men in a sexual level, and the moon as a personality(soul) level.
Men use the sun to attract women in personality and mars in a sexual way.
I mean: Venus and Mars tells how a person tend to behave to the opposite sex in a sexual/physical level and Sun and Moon how do they behave in personality with the opposite sex.

Men like women physically as their Venus suggest, and in personality as their moon suggest.
Women like men physically ad their Mars suggest, and in personality as their sun suggest

Example: A man has Venus in Aries, and Moon in Capricorn
he will match well with a women with fire ascendant or aries ascendant(physical) and sun(personality) in earth or in capricorn.
If the guy has scorpio rising maybe he will prefer a women with sun or moon in taurus

Now I know two women who have Venus that might seem to bring out their Sun sign aspect

Sun in Taurus
Moon in Cancer
Mercury in Aries
Venus in Taurus
Mars in Aries

Sun in Virgo
Moon in Virgo
Mercury in Virgo
Venus in Leo
Mars in Libra

This two women use their attraction potential very different. But they may be very fixed in the way they behave in relationships... but the one of the sun in taurus who is more jealous and possessive will be even more fixed than the virgo one who is mutable and venus in fire. Also the men they like are very different. The first one wants a man who looks very "manly" physically, and with a sensible and possessive personality. The Virgo one wants a man who is more interested into he's own physical looking, maybe metrosexual, with a versatile and mercurial personality.

Now if the girl had a Venus in Taurus, would she would express her sun more often in her attraction? Or would the girl with Venus in Leo express their sun sign more often because of the pull of the sun?

No matter the sign of Venus, the SUN also takes an important part of attraction, no matter if its a girl or a boy. But more in a woman... for a guy it will be the MOON.

Last edited:

bittermoon

I think Venus is extremely important when it comes to attracting a mate. After all, she is the Goddess of Love :)

My personal experience is that initial attraction always, without fail, activates my Venus, and looking at synastry charts, so far it has always been a conjunction of somebody else's planet or angles. This is also true (for me) with friendships.

I think the Moon comes into play later in a relationship.

virgo18

Well maybe. My Venus in scorpio makes me like men with deep mysterious personality.
But as it rules my 11th house which is in Libra: all my best female friends have at least one of their personal planets in Taurus. I have 3 best friends, 2 of them have the moon in taurus as me but one with taurus rising and the other with libra sun.
With my moon in taurus I get along well with Venusian women.

Its impressive how natal chart describes people in your life.

In a men or women chart Venus tells how you love and how you want to be loved by others.

My mars is in Virgo 29 degrees so I have a strange mix of my desired man... such man must be clean cut and slender (virgo) and fashion dressed with a lot of style(libra)
My sun in virgo with gemini 7th house... its like an intelligent guy... like a nerd in personality LOL.

Venus in women is what kind of strategy you use to attract men. A girl with venus in gemini will think that having a lot of communication and acting in a versatile way is attractive to men. A girl with Venus in taurus will think that making cookies, dress classy, and babysitting its attractive to men.

I know a women who has Venus in Gemini but she has most of her planets in Taurus... and she acts very stable, not as venus in gemini... but its because she is more venusian than mercurial. So you have to look also to your strongest planets to see how is your venus sign power.

Last edited:

bittermoon

Well, yes, and there's the aspects to Venus of course. Mine squares my Pluto and though I am not jealous and obsessive/possessive, I frequently attract those kinds of men, which is a problem with my airy Mars (Aqua) and Venus (Gemini) and my Uranus in 7th -- nevermind a huge turn-off.

virgo18

Well, yes, and there's the aspects to Venus of course. Mine squares my Pluto and though I am not jealous and obsessive/possessive, I frequently attract those kinds of men, which is a problem with my airy Mars (Aqua) and Venus (Gemini) and my Uranus in 7th -- nevermind a huge turn-off.

I understand, I face the same problem with my venus in scorpio conjunct pluto.
but my mars almost in libra and sun in virgo square Uranus which is in my 1st. So I also face huge turn offs. And I attract men who are very possessive at one side and very unreliable at the other side. And I am also that way to. One day very possessive, another day very shallow.

bittermoon

Then again, I am attracting the Aquarian kind, which isn't quite warm and fuzzy enough for my watery Sun and Moon for anything serious, but works for me right now.