Do tied dominants tend to struggle more esp Signs that traditionally ASPECT hard?

Darth MI

I notice when I look at the chart of people with tied dominants and observe their actions, it seems as though literally two or more (depending on how many signs are tied as dominants) people were struggling to take control of their body.

For example an Aries girl I did a natal chart came of as Aries-Scorpio dominant tied (specifically Aries was 14.1%, Scorpio 13.1%) and she told me while she identifies with the Aries description, she often feels like expressing her mind and bashfully losing temper but for some reason there is part of her preventing her from doing so. She also tells me despite being optimistic and open, she also feels the need to be VERY SECRETIVE. She doesn't like to reveal about herself in public and even her friends don't know her hobbies (such as enjoying anime/manga). I told her Scorpio and Aries is struggling against each other and told her the description of Scorpio and she said a lot of it totally fits her.

Although there is no quincunx in her chart between Scorpio and Aries placements, by her personality the quincunx description between two signs can be seen.

Another example is my parent who is Leo-Scorpio-Virgo dominant tied at 15%. He seems all over the place with his 3 dominants. On some moments he is as warm and childish as Leos are but suddenly he becomes as stern and harsh as Scorpios tend to be. However he often approaches problems using analysis much like Virgos would. He tends to be friendly in public but paranoid about revealing stuff to others and timid about speaking his real feelings on the matter out of fear of unnecessarily conflict. At work he is well-organized as Virgos can be but in the home life he is quite messy. He has a reputation of being disciplined in the military (Scorpio) and punctual in the work place (Virgo) but really lazy and hedonistic at home (Leo). He has immense common sense in the work place but at home he often is almost a buffoon (though if it involves analyzing he suddenly seems like he has the most common sense in the world) I never could not comprehend why he acts so inconsistent and OOC until I studied astrology and read his dominants. In fact I wish I got into astrology for many reasons and this is one of them my relationship with the parent.

I can go with more example but am I correct here? Do tied dominants indicate a conflicting personality as though multiple people were inside one person messing over to take control?

I can post more examples but its too much. I also known aspects, etc come into play but from what I seen a quick way to delineate a chart and explain a basic overview to a person what his natal chart says without necessarily getting into all the deep and complex stuff such as houses,etc.

So far the dominants have been a ACCURATE way of interpreting a person's chart and I am extremely surprised just doing a reading based on dominant percentages and nothing more people have told me almost everything I described about their dominant signs are spot on.

And from personal experience this is especially true if the person I am reading the chart for has tied dominants that are especially believed to traditionally aspect each other hard.

EDIT

I already seen people with conflicting dominants struggled but it takes a LOOOONG time to see the struggle (as in you had to have multiple readings and had known the person for years) and in addition the conflict isn't so hard. For example I did a natal reading with someone who was Aries dominant 20% followed by Libra 10% and I never saw the Libra side for years. In fact even after I got to know the person (we share secrets, we visit each other's homes,etc etc) I didn't even saw the Libra until this year.

Even than the Libran traits of his personality are heavily DOWNPLAYED. About the only thing visibly Libran is his love for art. Even knowing his dominants, his personality is ARIES at the CORE and you can easily see Aries 90% of the time. He does admit he finds it strange he's big into masculine things like sports while at the same time enjoying art and intellectual subjects like philosophy and was ranked as a genius in his IQ. When I told him about dominants and the nature of Libra and Aries, he told me it makes total sense why his life has been so ******* up. Still he is ARIES at the core and even taking into his Libran traits into account, his Aries greatly overshadows much of it.

This is different from the Aries-Scorpio dominant girl where already if you only known her a bit you can see the Scorpio tendencies quite early such as secretiveness struggling with Aries dominance's optimistic and brash nature. This is where my theory comes in different percentages imply how difficult it would be to cope with conflicting dominants.

Last edited:

junoisuppose

Hi,

I didn't even know about dominant signs until you came to this forum and mentioned Pullen astrolog.

I guess that any combination of signs can act inconsistently. That is one of the things that astrology helps us to understand, as you say, how one individual can have different sides to them. If an individual has two or three signs that are very strong in their chart, and especially if those signs are not signs which trine or sextile each other, then the contradictions in a person's personality will be easier to see because the signs will not work together but be expressed separately at different times, and if they are strong parts of an individual's make up they will be expressed often.

However I would say that most people have some of these contradictions because we all have some planets that are in signs which are not complementary to the signs of other planets in our charts.

Looking at the houses of an individual's chart and the particular planets involved we might see when they express the different sides. For example you said that your leo-virgo-scorpio parent acts like a buffoon at home. This description sounds a lot like people I have met with moon in leo. I had a coworker who had moon in leo, so I observed him at work, not at home. He was able to present a very professional front but when the opportunity came for him to relax he was very playful. I would guess that this is how he is at home.
Also we could say that the sign on a person's MC or the planets they have in their 10th house show how they act in a public sphere, with people who only know them in a professional capacity but who don't really know them personally. Whereas the planets and signs they have in their 5th house might show how they act around their children, and the planets and sign in the 4th house or aspecting he IC might show the state of their home.

JUPITERASC

I notice when I look at the chart of people with tied dominants and observe their actions, it seems as though literally two or more (depending on how many signs are tied as dominants) people were struggling to take control of their body.

For example an Aries girl I did a natal chart came of as Aries-Scorpio dominant tied (specifically Aries was 14.1%, Scorpio 13.1%) and she told me while she identifies with the Aries description, she often feels like expressing her mind and bashfully losing temper but for some reason there is part of her preventing her from doing so. She also tells me despite being optimistic and open, she also feels the need to be VERY SECRETIVE. She doesn't like to reveal about herself in public and even her friends don't know her hobbies (such as enjoying anime/manga). I told her Scorpio and Aries is struggling against each other and told her the description of Scorpio and she said a lot of it totally fits her.

Although there is no quincunx in her chart between Scorpio and Aries placements, by her personality the quincunx description between two signs can be seen.

Another example is my parent who is Leo-Scorpio-Virgo dominant tied at 15%. He seems all over the place with his 3 dominants. On some moments he is as warm and childish as Leos are but suddenly he becomes as stern and harsh as Scorpios tend to be. However he often approaches problems using analysis much like Virgos would. He tends to be friendly in public but paranoid about revealing stuff to others and timid about speaking his real feelings on the matter out of fear of unnecessarily conflict. At work he is well-organized as Virgos can be but in the home life he is quite messy. He has a reputation of being disciplined in the military (Scorpio) and punctual in the work place (Virgo) but really lazy and hedonistic at home (Leo). He has immense common sense in the work place but at home he often is almost a buffoon (though if it involves analyzing he suddenly seems like he has the most common sense in the world) I never could not comprehend why he acts so inconsistent and OOC until I studied astrology and read his dominants. In fact I wish I got into astrology for many reasons and this is one of them my relationship with the parent..
There is no substitute for thorough analysis of any natal chart
which requires many hours of work
there are no RELIABLE 'short-cuts'
:smile:
I can go with more example but am I correct here? Do tied dominants indicate a conflicting personality as though multiple people were inside one person messing over to take control?

I can post more examples but its too much. I also known aspects, etc come into play but from what I seen a quick way to delineate a chart and explain a basic overview to a person what his natal chart says without necessarily getting into all the deep and complex stuff such as houses,etc.
A MINIMUM of at least 250 natal chart examples are required
before even tentative statistical conclusions may be drawn
Even then, obviously, 250 natal charts is a miniscule sample
of the 7 billion inhabitants of our planet

So far the dominants have been a ACCURATE way of interpreting a person's chart and I am extremely surprised just doing a reading based on dominant percentages and nothing more people have told me almost everything I described about their dominant signs are spot on.

And from personal experience this is especially true if the person I am reading the chart for has tied dominants that are especially believed to traditionally aspect each other hard.

EDIT

I already seen people with conflicting dominants struggled but it takes a LOOOONG time to see the struggle (as in you had to have multiple readings and had known the person for years) and in addition the conflict isn't so hard. For example I did a natal reading with someone who was Aries dominant 20% followed by Libra 10% and I never saw the Libra side for years. In fact even after I got to know the person (we share secrets, we visit each other's homes,etc etc) I didn't even saw the Libra until this year.

Even than the Libran traits of his personality are heavily DOWNPLAYED. About the only thing visibly Libran is his love for art. Even knowing his dominants, his personality is ARIES at the CORE and you can easily see Aries 90% of the time. He does admit he finds it strange he's big into masculine things like sports while at the same time enjoying art and intellectual subjects like philosophy and was ranked as a genius in his IQ. When I told him about dominants and the nature of Libra and Aries, he told me it makes total sense why his life has been so ******* up. Still he is ARIES at the core and even taking into his Libran traits into account, his Aries greatly overshadows much of it.

This is different from the Aries-Scorpio dominant girl where already if you only known her a bit you can see the Scorpio tendencies quite early such as secretiveness struggling with Aries dominance's optimistic and brash nature. This is where my theory comes in different percentages imply how difficult it would be to cope with conflicting dominants.
More than ONE example is required
because
there may be other astrological natal factors
that account for these effects you mention