Nuance Practice- Mind Edition

Silversong

Hello AstroWeekly! I am going to try hosting a look at my chart in terms of what it says about my mind! So yes, I will be talking about Mercury a lot, but that's not all I aim to bring to this thread! I'm calling it Nuance Practice because I'm trying to look at a planet (Mercury in this case) in light of more than just the sign and house placement! It's gonna be long, but please consider helping me out! :innocent:

I was reading the newest book in my collection: Planets in Youth by Robert Hand, and I found myself nodding along a lot at some of his statements regarding the way elemental dominance can affect the perspectives and actions of people, for pretty much all of it except for Air. But that is my weakest element... :sideways:

What currently stands out to me most, though, is that, even though I am certainly Water/Earth dominant, my Mercury stands up for himself just fine! And really, I am probably much less consciously in-tune with my emotions and physical body than I would be expected to be, because I focus a lot on my thinking and how well I understand things and other cerebral things like that. I typically have the "how do I figure this out? how do I solve this conundrum? I want an answer so I can move on to the next one" and so on and so forth- kind of attitude. Not really good for info retention, though, I'm afraid.

So I wanted to try interpreting my mental process again (because that's not a weird eternal loop, right?! :lol: ) with looks at my Mercury's aspects and positioning as well as the weird split between my Mercury's orientation and my Needs (as well as what I gravitate toward- since my Venus and Mars are in Water as well!)

For one, my Mercury occupies one of only two shots of fire in my otherwise very Earth/Water chart (check the house distributions, too! Merc's the only one in a fire house unless you count my Jupiter on the line between 8th/9th). And in light of that, I would like to create a bulleted list of what I know about my Mercury:

In Aries
In the Fifth House
He's my Leading Planet (the one that rises right before the Sun in my chart)
And so, obviously, he rises before the Sun
He's the Apex of my Cardinal T-Square
Mercury only has tense major aspects (no reprieves! :annoyed:)
Mercury is Square Mars in Cancer
And Square my Uranus-Neptune conjunction in Capricorn
He's my only Personal Planet in Fire (unless you count all of the Visible Seven as Personal)

And as far as I see myself, and the way I think, I do feel like I'm in my head way more than my heart (even though I'm completely untrained in Formal Logic and I am way more emotive than I used to think I was)

So, what does all that mean?

One of the things I've always related to (and felt surprise from) was the idea that Mercury in Aries makes for a personal identification with one's ideas. I did take ideas and opinions very personally when I was younger, but I've grown to be able to separate myself a bit more from my ideas. I'm still no good at debate though, because I can't separate myself *that* much. So that part of Merc in Aries is out for me (see also: my Merc/Mars square). Thanks to the few times that I've been made to engage in debate in school, I've gotten a bit further along in being able to separate other people's ideas from I perception of them than separating my ideas from myself. :lol:

Also, I definitely like to pick up everything I can, as fast as I can, too. Details are a thing I've struggled with in school, but when I force myself to slow down (Sun power!), it's not as much of a hurdle as it used to be. Though, the fact that I'm trying to get into computers... yea, I am probably going to get very frustrated from time to time! :lol:

But then, there's the square to Aries' ruler himself! My Mars is hardly amused at being in Cancer, even though he is the 8th house. And with what I understand of Squares, his frustration will tug against my Mercury- meaning that my Martian nature (for well and ill) pulls at my very Mind whether I control/direct it or not. And let me tell you- I fear conflict (despite what my Moon-aspects and all the rest might say), so I am not the one for arguments and the rest! I get mad quickly (Taurus Sun or not!), but I will seethe and stew by myself rather than be upfront about it. So that unhealthy expression (verbal aggression to others) doesn't manifest.

There's more to come (depending on public interest, I suppose), but I'll stop here since this is really long already.

Attachments

• Rectified.png
    Rectified.png
    341 KB · Views: 49

kimbermoon

Keep in mind that Mercury is central to a t-square including Neptune as well, so that changes things a lot...the aspects modify the natural expression of the energy. Generally Mercury in Aries is outspoken, and given to debate, however with your Mars weakened and afflicting Mercury, your motivation to 'engage' is much less assertive...your emotions take over, triggering your inner 'insecurities' or lack of confidence in doing so...watery Cancer does not particularly like to offend, or compete with others especially in view of the ' apex of my cardinal t-Square'
you mention that it is hare for you to “ separate other people's ideas from my perception of them, than separating my ideas from myself”; the Aries energy is more 'separating' via competition, rather than withdrawal, and the influence from Mars again modifies that. Mercury/Neptune can often indicate inferiority complexes that affect your general reaction patterns with others. Further Mars with Chiron in the 8th shows that you have the ability to overcome the inner fears and insecurities that hold you back from fully expressing yourself without reticence, or hesitation [but in appropriate ways of course], since this is challenging for you. I have noted also that Mars in Cancer is often associated with repressed anger issues carried over from the past as well.​
As you note, you have a fear of confrontations, “but I will seethe and stew by myself rather than be upfront about it.” It is good to note your inner fears, for they can be moderated once you have identified what it is related to in the past. Your Sun/Pluto depicts fears about expressing your Identity in response to having a rather restrictive, or authoritarian parental dominance in the past;​
Moon in the 4th relates to your past conditioning and imprinting as well, which is strongly connected to your reactivity patterns later in life. It appears that your parent's methodologies in communication were likely rather passive/aggressive in nature, with you observing, as the middle-man. This is also connected to the Moon/Venus square as well. The Lesson here is that in delineating any given planet, one must determine the degrees of modification to that energy's expression, by the aspects shown, before concentrating fully on the entire essence of everything you read about your Mercury in Aries; that is the secret to true delineation, and the reason why so many cook-book interpretations seem contradictory to any one individual. Good post, Silversong!​

Silversong

Thank you very much for commenting, Kimbermoon! :love:
Well, if I could possibly convince others to step in, I want to go back to those things I put on my list before getting to Kimbermoon's help (because it addresses more on aspect synthesis).

The only place I saw any mention that the placement of my Mercury relative to my Sun was of any import was on khaldea.com (the website hosting a lot of Dane Rudhyar's writings), but I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it in mind. So, according to them, the Planet that rises directly before your sun (My Aries Mercury rose before my Taurus Sun) is your Guiding Planet:

"or your Skill Symbol, because it represents both your inner guiding principle and your innate skills and special faculties, and how both may be best realized, enhanced and applied. Your Skill Symbol shows you how to best handle and cope with the demands and opportunities of daily life in a skillful, productive and fulfilling manner, and where your inherent skills and practical abilities lie. As your Guiding Planet, the planet rising immediately before the Sun symbolizes the faculties and inner senses scouting your path ahead, or your ability to navigate the best course to self-realization and fulfillment."

So that sounds both parts useful and relevant- and while I've skimmed the page about Mercury as Guiding Planet a few times, I forget a lot so I was looking at it again for this writing and I have to say that it certainly relates to me!

Like I mentioned in my first post, I do tend to try to solve things and look for the system or the pattern so that I can zip through it. Not that I always do that, and not that it's always necessary or viable, but it is what I like. Also, I tend to overthink the hell out of things to the point that I might refuse to deal with them! And I love technology, even though I have always had trouble with details and trying not to "just get the gist of things". There's more there, in anyone is interested, but that's just a little bit on this point and how it fits in with all of the other things that Mercury has going on in my chart! :joyful:

And then there's the rising before the Sun thing. So, I noticed Greybeard talking about how it matters whether Mercury and Venus rise before or after the Sun (since they're inside of our orbit and therefore always elliptically close to the Sun), and I found mention of this on khaldea.com again! So, I looked it up and it talks about having an intuitive mind and comfortable-ness in effective communication of ideas. That's... a no... :whistling:

It's funny that it also mentions what happens when Mercury is near max elongation (mine is): mental intensity. That's like a triple confirmation, isn't it? Aries Mercury, square Mars, near maximum elongation: strong ideas and strong expression of those ideas. I find it funny because I have long been afraid to express myself (terrified of being wrong and seeming stupid as well as of getting into a debate that I can't handle) And then, I wonder what the squares to Uranus and Neptune do to that triple-confirmation...

But yea, that's a little on my Mercury's spatial relationship to my Sun.

Sources!!

http://www.khaldea.com/planets/oriental_intro.shtml

http://www.khaldea.com/planets/merc_pd.shtml

Silversong

Wow... Thank you for that break down of astrological cognitive analysis, Zarathu! That's kind of cool.

Wow, I guess there is no getting around the holisitic nature of Astrology, is there? :smile: Thanks in advance for breaking things down for me all the same.

As for your question- yes, I did. When I was 6, I moved to Georgia for a little while, then to NY when I was 7.

Last edited:

greybeard

Mercury is not your leading planet. That term should be reserved for planets occupying certain positions within whole-chart patterns. I will mention your leading planet below.

He rises before the Sun.

He is in a different sign and house from the sun, and with a high elongation.

He is not only in the house of Mars, but in his terms as well.

Only 12 days prior to your birth he left his direct station, so his forward motion (in the zodiac) is still slow but increasing.

He holds low declination, and is not in parallel with any other planet.

His position at the apex of the Cardinal cross is critical. The base of the cross is the Mars-Neptune opposition (needs delineation in any consideration of "mind" because of this accidental condition), and Mars disposes Mercury from his fall. The base of the T-square describes "underlying conditions" that have powerful effects on Mercury (the rational mind).

In any examination of "mind" the Moon is essential. While Mercury represents "the rational mind" (our vehicle of conscious thought), the Moon rules by far the greater and more powerful regions of mind (the unconscious content in all forms; habitual and automatic conditioned reponses, instincts, memory, our tendencies in "liking or disliking" things, etc.)

There are three oppositions in your chart. None of them occurs in Common signs, giving a "negative preponderance" to this astrological Quality. Moon is the only planet in a Common sign and the only angular planet in the chart. And, she participates obliquely in the Cardinal cross with her trine-sextile aspects to its basal planets; she has influence in their dynamic.

The Moon was moving at her normal mean velocity on the day of your birth, neither fast nor slow (and so we can postulate "balanced"). She was increasing in velocity during that day.

She disposes Mars, who disposes the strongly emphasized Mercury. This tells us to look carefully at Moon. Moon and Mercury are in adjacent and rather incompatible signs, and this suggests some incompatibility between the emotional, feeling content and the conscious content. Moon and Mercury are inconjunct ("they do not behold each other"). Mars is pivotal, because he is disposed by Moon (and in his fall) -- and in close trine to her -- while himself disposing Mercury and in square to him.

The above paragraph describes a "psychological structure" vital to "the mind." It will reveal much if you follow out its significance.

The Leading planet in this chart is Pluto. A leading planet affects every aspect of life. It is always a predominant force in the life. Here it receives further emphasis through the partile opposition to Sun. (Pluto is leading planet because of his position in the whole-chart pattern. Between Pluto and Jupiter there is an empty area of the sky (103 degrees), and Pluto is the first of the planets in the filled sector of the sky to cross the horizon by diurnal motion.) The presence of this partile and mutually applying opposition in the 6th/12th axis brings it to prominence.

We also note the prescence of a close-orbed, but dispersing, grand trine in Water. Pluto has already been contacted by both Mars and Moon; they are both leaving his place, and he retains their effects. Again, Mars is seen in a pivotal role because he is the planet tht participates in two major formations, the cross and the trine.

Last edited:

Silversong

Zarathu, I'm kind of pleasantly surprised about this instinct-ascendant connection. I had to think about this for a while...

I can't say I know how that connects to having a Scorpio rising, beyond the fact that I really prefer to keep to myself. The only snippets of stories about myself as a baby I have imply that I was very quiet and compliant. Funnily enough, I like to project a similar image yet and still when in an unfamiliar space. Quiet, keeps to myself, nice enough- maybe I'm not all that approachable, but if someone does talk to me, I am very polite and soft. I think that my sense of self-preservation is part of my feelings behind that.

I mean, I definitely don't think that I'm magnetic or sultry like some articles say- that's so far afield of my self-image that I can't even imagine it. :lol: Again, I am very quiet and preferring to keep to myself, so there is that. I am watchful and self-conscious (less than I was as a teen, thankfully), but I would never call myself "a mystery wrapped in an enigma", like most descriptions of Scorpio Rising imply, even in jest. It's just that I'm often alone a lot. *shrug*

I wasn't sure of a significance of a 29th degree Rising- because I don't really know the difference in effect from if it were at another degree in Scorpio. And the little bit of information I've seen online is really not helpful.... It's also kind of hard for me to separate my impression of my Scorpio Rising from my Luminaries' aspects to Pluto. :eek:

...If my answer doesn't fit, then I suppose I don't quite understand what you mean.

Silversong

Hi again, Kimbermoon! :joyful:

It's actually kind of hard to respond to your points, because it's already clearly laid out! :lol:

As far as "separating via competition"- I actually meant that I am better able to interact with a person's ideas as separate from the person them-self than I was when I was younger and unused to doing it. But yes, while I do have a competitive side, I default to going for harmony first. :smile:

Well, as far as growing to overcome fears and insecurities, I will remain hopeful.

And again, you also called it on my Sun-Pluto aspect.

I quite like this point you make here about delineation: The Lesson here is that in delineating any given planet, one must determine the degrees of modification to that energy's expression, by the aspects shown, before concentrating fully on the entire essence of everything you read about your Mercury in Aries; that is the secret to true delineation, and the reason why so many cook-book interpretations seem contradictory to any one individual.

I was actually trying to go about this the other way! :innocent: So thank you for this!

kimbermoon

[FONT=Andalus, serif]As per the above post I disagree with most of the characteristics mentioned. With this ASC myself, I was always very timid in projecting my personality, as a form of self-defence against the world and especially in unfamiliar situations. The first 4 statements are totally contradictory to my personality. The lowly scorpion has a strong survival instinct and while it will fight to feed itself, will also many times retreat in order to live another day...it is more about self-preservation. I do tend to stick to myself much of the time, and avoid forcing myself into situations of threat or outright conflict based on ' rage.' I have Mars in Capricorn to thank for that. The only thing that fits for me from the above list is my focus on the metaphysical ramifications of life, that which lies below the surface of normal conscious awareness. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]Rather than stalking around in sultry sexuality, I am more of an observer in life. I am always wary of hidden agendas and secret enmity, and perhaps this does make me appear unapproachable. Still I don't go out of my way to engage in competition or pick fights. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]The Rising sign denotes the qualities that we take on while forming our exterior personality, and the face we show to the public is often very different from who we are at heart. Again, look to the aspects to the Ascendant as per how they will moderate the pure expression of a sign and this shows how we have an affect on others, and how they perceive our 'expression' in the world. I think the concept about being a mystery wrapped in an enigma may be the way we see ourselves, rather than the way that others perceive us. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]People who do not have this energy activated within themselves, cannot really understand the true nature of the sign, since they mostly relate Scorpio to sexuality and that association needs to be seen in it's proper perspective. We are not all about seeking after power and control either.[/FONT]

Silversong

You know, Greybeard, I read and re-read your post and had a hard time coming up with a response that wasn't the written equivalent of a lot surprised murmurs and head nodding. :sideways:

I haven't quite worked it out yet. I am glad that you stopped by to respond to my thread- Thank you. And I am surprised about my Pluto being my leading planet, though I understand how it is so. I figure that there is bound to be confusion on my part with certain terms being used in multiple ways to mean different things. But that's how it is learning an art with multiple methods of study. :lol:

I wonder what I could say about my 'negative preponderance' of mutable signs? I mean, I don't think that I'm that rooted in place, but maybe I am. I am. Yea, I am. Ok, you got me. It's funny, too, considering that technically, I have more Cardinal placed planets than Fixed, but I would say that I'm a rooted type before I say that I am about initiating things. :lol:

I see what you mean in terms of looking at the Moon just as closely as I would look at Mercury in terms of my Mind. I don't know what to say about their relationship, though. As you succinctly point out, my conscious and unconscious minds don't connect well at all. In fact, the only time I feel like my unconscious really gets any play is when I'm dreaming. But I see what you mean, and I am actually not as ....planful as I suppose I ought to be for someone who is so much in her head. But then, Mars is also central to the conversation...

Yep. I end up just taking it all in. :lol:

One thing I definitely learned from reading your post is that I still haven't worked out how to bring *all* of the pieces together when trying to interpret something! In fact, I also think that it would take more pages and more words than anybody would care to read! :sideways:

Thank you again, though.

greybeard

I am flattered by your cornucopia of compliments.....I think. [surprised murmurs and head nodding...]

Terminology in astrology needs a bit of housekeeping, but I think it's futile. Personally I try (most of the time) to use certain words in certain ways. It helps other astrologers know what I am talking about.

If you knew what your unconscious was doing, it wouldn't be unconscious....would it? Your unconscious dominates your life and destiny, just as everyone else's does. I'm sure (and you can be too) that your Id and friends are getting plenty of play.

Human beings generally (I am one of them) have a very hard time seeing themselves as they really are. First, we just can't see some things (we're too close) and second, there are lots of things we don't want to see...so we hide them, or paint them in pretty colors. We are not very competent judges of whether we are "rooted" or "initiating" [I don't necessarily agree with all my heart and soul to your descriptions.]

There are lots of very good astrologers on this forum who are here to help us all learn. If you love astrology as I do, stick with it. It takes time.

Zarathu

Account Closed
One of the purposes of astrology, IMO, is to de-cloak the parts of ourselves which are secret from our waking consciousness. Many famous astrologers have provided the tools to do this.

If more people asked a skilled astrologer for the stuff that was secret in their consciousness, rather than just muck around trying to find it, more people whould have more focused lives. My opinion, of course.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Let's move on in the Seven Quotients© discussion about the elements of cognition.

We talked briefly about the Asc and its relation to the instinctual system.

Just as the instinct is measured by its power and friction in the chart so is the Limbic system. For some people, dependent on their charts, their instinct, such as a Scorpio ASC, doesn't come on strong and run them. For others its their real first line of approach. Everyone is different depending on the basic level of friction and power of the planets, houses, signs, and aspects in their natal chart.

The Moon is the major manager of the limbic or feeling system. its again modified by its power and friction int he chart. And for the first time its also managed by aspects to it. Aspects to the ASC, particularly the asteroid Psyche(which we didn't mention before) can be very significant. The Asteroid Psyche was studied extensively by Martha Lang-Wescott in all her books but most specifically in the volume: THE ASTROLOGY OF THE BRAIN.

The Moon :

1. The Moon shows you how to respond to situations in new ways that involve security that are more extensive than FIGHT or FLIGHT.

2. Moon represents your feelings about the events

3. Moon stores the memories that Mercury uses

4. Moon is the second level of rose colored glass that filters how you understand the sensory experience of life colored always for SECURITY ISSUES

5. You can over-ride the responses that the Moon uses for experience with Mercury but if you don’t then you will always be looking at the world as if everything that happens could impact your physical, emotional, or mental security

6. Any inputs that don’t have to do with security are screened out by the Moon

More about you next.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Lets move forward a little bit.

Your ASC is your indication of how you deal with new situations initially. We're not talking about you changing or change coming upon you, that's different. we're talking about your initial response to any new situation. This uses your reptile brain, and what you basically had when you were born. Your ASC is not terribly strong(moderate power) and not high friction, so it doesn't really take off and run you into an immediate flight or fight response. Your other centers, emotional first, and then Cortical can take over more easily.

Your Moon is most representative of the limbic emotional system in your brain. As such it deals with what we call feelings: happy, sad, mad, disappointed, etc. Most of your feelings are tied into a broader concept which we call "personal security". Different sign placements have different general levels of security, and ways that security is manifested. Some kinds of security, Gemini for example, have an immediate need to be a kind of variant on the flight response. Gemini Moon's generally want to collect more information before acting, and this often develops into immediate flight before anything else, but its not really flight.

But you don't have a Gemini Moon. You have a Pisces Moon. Your Moon is also last Quarter and very high latitude. In your chart, there is a balance between supportive low friction aspects and dysfunctional high friction aspects, but nothing to take over except for the high latitude. The Moon goes over a benefic first and then a malefic, so your nature of dealing with security is to be cautious because you know that things always initially look good, but more often than not tend to deteriorate as time progresses. This all affects how your Pisces Moon recognizes security.

A Pisces Moon:

1. Shows that you feel security through an immersion in sensitivity and connection with nurturing situations

2. Security is bathing in a feeling of connection to the mother

3. Security is experienced as an all nurturing oneness. You may find yourself constantly looking for that feeling of one-ness with all things.

4. In a real sense, getting security for you is arriving at ways to nurture yourself, and by extension those around you. So nurture of self comes only from feeling that once can nurture all of existence---no just this person or that person but everything at once.

5. As time progresses for you, you may find that you feel quite right about the “send me your poor, tired, huddled masses, yearning to be free”

6. A disadvantage is that you may have trouble sorting data because everything is unity

7. In your efforts to reach a nurturing and see the good in everything, you can be extremely gullible because of the acceptance coming from accepting what life gives.

8. This is a conflict with your scorpio ASC. And its the reason why you may have an initial scorpio type of response, but why you shift pretty quickly away from the fight or take over type of response. You may even feel guilty about it.

9. Your high latitude moon gives you an expectation that you will get what you want when you want it, so again you may tend to use that Scorpio ASC's action toward managing things to manage immediately a nurturing situation. And you are probably pretty good at it.

We can look further if we wanted to, about how the moon is modified by aspects, by Witte Sensitive points, by Arabic parts, etc. but in this mini-analysis we are not going to try to cover every base.

Silversong

...Sigh. I just had my response post, and then I lost it. Yeesh :annoyed:
---

Thank you again, Zarathu! :happy:

I am writing down my first impressions/responses to your points about my Moon as I read them, but I might have to take some time to reread and think about my comments more, too.

It's kind of cool to know, though, that there is this much to get from the surface level reading of my Moon.

I just had a thought, also: Even with my Moon being the highest power planet in my chart, isn't it still of moderate power? Part of me wondered if that means I'm just not particularly stand out or anything because of that.

In any case, I'll be back with more response! Thank you!

Silversong

Oops! I didn't word my question correctly. Now that I think about it, my question was actually really incomplete. I apologize for that.

I don't have anyone to compare to, but I assumed that since my Moon's power value wasn't closer to 100, that it was only of moderate power. That's why I wondered that, even if my Moon is the strongest in *my* chart, is it still strong in a general sense?

Or rather, is the concept of a planet's power always in terms of the chart it is in? In other words, is my Moon super powerful because it has a high power value, or because it's the highest power in my chart? To be honest, I am not sure why I am curious, but I feel like I ought to ask all the same. :lol:

Silversong

Zarathu, when you say that my Moon 'goes over a benefic and a malefic', what does that mean? You are quite right about the delineation from it, though. I believe in looking out 'for the other shoe' so to speak, with things. It's often there, I've found. :sideways:

I think that I would be best responding to this short list point by point:

1) That may be true, but my life experience hasn't really allowed for much of that. I've grown to have a default tendency to maintain my distance, since most people in my life do as well (I think that's a self-perpetuating thing)- so I am ultimately completely unfulfilled in this way. As such, I can't say yea or nay on that point. It sounds nice, though.

2)Yep.

3) Maybe. I can't speak to that one, since I'm pretty sure my aspects have something to say about that.

4) This one, I have to admit to being confused by. Do you mean that I won't feel nurtured personally unless I can nurture everyone around me? Yikes, that sounds impossible and unappealing. Hopefully I'm misreading it?

5) *sigh* I'm a realist- not really big on idealism- and I don't like that what you've described is kind of apparent to me already. I sigh from time to time about being a 'bleeding heart', as it were. So it's only going to get worse, eh? *shakes head* Well, we can't all have stalwart hearts, right?

6) Well, no need to say much on that. It's true and a source of endless frustration for my logical side.

7) I appreciate that, but I think this is another case in which my aspects contradict this. As I said before, I am a realist, but it tends to tip into pessimism- if not outright cynicism. Really, I have no problem not being seen as gullible. I might be a bit too easy-going sometimes, though... :lol:

8) I'm glad that you brought this up, because I think that it does explain that. I do get guilty/scared sometimes (because I don't want to catch a beat down on that day I finally decide to follow my instincts! :lol:)

9) ...I can't confirm this one, actually. I am lucky and fortunate, but I have spent a good portion of my life being afraid to ask for things. Also, I can't say anything about easily managing nurturing situations... It might be one of those things about me that I don't even notice! :joyful:

It's kind of cool to think about how these factors stack together to make my astrological/psychological map.

Silversong

I have to admit some curiosity that there are people still interested in looking at this thread, even though it's slowed down considerably (and more or less become a one-on-one conversation! :whistling:), but if there are people who still are interested, I am glad. Furthermore, I think that if I have these conversations about looking at my chart holistically enough, being able to do just that will click for me! :sideways:

I wonder what it is like for people who's conscious and unconscious minds are in concert with each other, instead of facing in completely opposite directions like mine!

Zarathu

Account Closed
After we have looked at the ASc and its impact on your instinctual system, and the Moon and its impact on your Limbic system, we have to move along to the most complicated of the three:

The Cortex. This is your thinking brain. In the young brain there are far more nerve pathways running from the limbic system into the cortex than vice versa in most people and for this reason younger people with younger brains have much less control of their personalities from a cortical point of view. This equalizes in the older brain and this is one reason why maturity leads to greater control of emotions.

We start first by looking at the power in your chart of the three planets of thinking. In your chart the are very low in power and all about the same. This means that you have a greater tendency to use your feelings to interact with the world at least in your early life.

Saturn: MANIFESTS HOW INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORLD consolidates into patterns

Mercury: MANIFESTS how the cognition collects information and puts it in places where it can add and augment or even change existing patterns

JUPITER shows how we use personal observation to fit into the patterns of perception.

We can see all of these by looking at the power, friction, house placement, sign placement, Witte Sensitive point placement, and the persona chart of each

2. We then look to see what kinds of squares and oppositions that may exist in the chart. Squares are things that you have to work hard at solving. For a person like you who is still in their early 20’s you have squares that are significant and have not been solved for you yet. The oppositions, of which you have a bunch, are aspect configurations which most people don’t want to work on because they require major changes in perception to solve, are difficult to find as they are like glass ceilings, and require changes. Many people never deal with them at all during their entire lives. You have several of these

3. The we look at the more complex patterns. These include grand tries which keep you insulated form proper actions, T-Squares which are oppositions which you can get away from because the apex planet keep harassing you, and YODs which are self-actualizing events that will either dramatically change you for the better or the worse later in life as they become activated. There are also Kites which can be even more difficult to understand. You have two kites, a Yod, and a Cardinal T-Square.

4. Finally we need to look at the placement of the asteroid Psyche and its aspects to other planets and asteroids in your chart because it represents unresolved feeling pain and mental chaos.

-----
If you wish me to make suggestions about how these things fit in your chart, I will do so.

Last edited:

Silversong

Hello Zarathu!

Indeed, I was a very emotive as a kid. I don't really remember as much about it as I suppose I could, but I do remember being very emotional and the strongest impressions I have of my childhood are intertwined with emotional impressions.

Wow.... I keep having to readjust my understand of how very complex and involved the study of just a single person's chart can be. I mean, it's not like I think of myself as so two-dimensional that I'll have everything worked out while I'm still young, but at the same time.... Just, wow. And thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me about my chart and walk me through this overview.

I somehow feel like I should have something to say about the combination of Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn as the symbols of my logical/cortical self, but I can't come up with much, except that it's certainly interesting that they are the only planets in Active signs. Hmmm....

[As an aside, what are Witte Sensitive points? Do they affect all of the planets in a person's chart, or are they like asteroids, where they are only a consideration when a planet is conjunct one? I looked on your site, but there wasn't any info on it just yet...]

It almost sounds like I'm basically going to be boxed in by my squares and oppositions... And that I won't even see the boundary lines drawn by my oppositions. I guess that sounds about right. I can't even speak to how hard it could get either, because I feel like I haven't been shoved into having to resolve my squares yet (thank god :whistling:), like you said.

I have to say, there is a cryptic-ness to your paragraph about my complex aspect patterns that really made it jump out at me:

Grand Trines keep me from making proper actions? Personal development-wise, right? Doesn't that put them in a sort of direct energy opposition with my squares? ...Though there is also the matter of the strength each aspect has, right? But even amongst my strongest aspects, there seems to be deadlock.

Just to be clear, in regard to my T-square, you are saying that I would actually be likely to resolve the oppositions involved because their mutual squares will force the issues related to them? I hope I don't sound like a parrot, but I was having some trouble trying to tell if I understood this part and I wanted to check with you.

Also...I have a yod? I thought that I had only one quincunx at all. Could you please point out the planets involved? Maybe I was being too strict with orb allowance again....

This is already such a full plate that I don't think I can handle talking about asteroids, but thank you for pointing out what role Psyche plays. It's actually been hard to find straight answers about what they mean- at least, without buying books. :eek: But I digress.

I would appreciate reading your suggestions very much, actually- particularly about my aspect patterns and how the squares and trines face off in my chart. Also, I want to apologize about being so slow with my posts. I'm a slow writer in general, but my schedule also keeps me from being as quick to keep up the conversation.

Also, I'm glad that this conversation lead to me learning a bit about your seven quotients, Zarathu. I think its pretty cool to synthesize astrology and psychology.