Medusa's head on Venus

fullmoonlibra

I've searched a lot about the Algol/Venus conjunction, but couldn't find any interpretation.
I only know that Johny Deph has this too :biggrin:.
Is there any professional who can give some interpretations what Venus conjunct Medusa's head, I mean Algol, could mean :whistling:?

dr. farr

Difficulties regarding Venusian matters; warning of being careful not to "lose your head" regarding Venus affinitive matters; indications similar to a Venus/Saturn/Jupiter conjunction; also see the entry under Algol @ constellationsofwords.com (note the listing of celebrities who had Algol prominent in their natal charts)

DO NOT GET CARRIED AWAY by the extreme connotations connected with Algol in the oldtime literature! There are other stars just as disruptive as Algol can be!
Also, the net condition of Venus in the chart (whether Venus is mostly dignified or mostly detrimented) makes a BIG difference on the extent of the Algol influence upon the Venusian influences; also see if there is any other star in Parallel of declination with Venus-if there is one, its influence will modify (either + or -) the Medusa's influence upon Venus.

fullmoonlibra

Also, the net condition of Venus in the chart (whether Venus is mostly dignified or mostly detrimented) makes a BIG difference on the extent of the Algol influence upon the Venusian influences.

My Venus is strong, it is in Taurus, it is the most elevated planet being conjunct to MC in 10th and it is trine Libra moon. But square to asc..

Last edited:
i disagree completely with focusing on the challenging aspects of algol. I also have venu exact conjunct w Algol. Although YES i agree that it houses some challenges, for me and what I have researched is that it has more to do with the depth of the old goddess wisdom in her dark aspect. Now by dark i do not mean evil , i mean the power of the dark moon, the mentruation mysteries, the power of the ancient medicine women. Having this combined with venus to me speaks of the love and strength of these more ancient aspects. Originally medusa was part of the ancient triple moon goddess in the dark moon aspect . The symbolism of her head being cut off is a metaphor describing the transition from matriarchy to patriarchy and the fear in the msaculine around feminine power and sovereignty. Perhaps it is more along the lines of understanding that you still carry the knowledge of this power in your heart/venus aspect. the lvonig wisdom behind this seemingly fierce aspect. one day I do hope that astrologers stop"demonising" medusa. She was sovereign toherself but also in her sexuality and beauty, in service in the temple, . To be conjunct venus speaks of love of the ancient ways also . And a willingness to be fierce when neccessary in facing down inequality and unfairness in the patriarchy. She is a feminist. Feminists are not man haters, not the real ones. They want equality. Medusa wants to just be put back where she belongs . Heres one nice article on her. http://shedrums.com/Medusa.htm

i know im reviving this thread. but im rather passionate about algol given my venus conjunction. I willalso say i have a love for the old goddess archetypes. ALso obviously in a synastry chart, your venus will conjunct anyone elses algol. So I guess it will always play out on some level in your relationships.

fullmoonlibra

Now, years after having started this thread, I can only say that Venus/Algol can only be understood by people who actually have this.
I just can't explain its power.
It's just as Dr. Farr explained earlier: is similar to Venus/Jupiter/Saturn.
But I want to add Pluto too, as a pack leader..

I agree . The knowledge that my Venus will pretty much affect Algol in a dynasty chart w almost anyone but would love to hear from anyone who also has an exact conjunction of Venus Algol about how they experience it .
Now, years after having started this thread, I can only say that Venus/Algol can only be understood by people who actually have this.
I just can't explain its power.
It's just as Dr. Farr explained earlier: is similar to Venus/Jupiter/Saturn.
But I want to add Pluto too, as a pack leader..