Another timing question - when will he return to his home?

Summery Joy

Hello,

I guess this is a sequal to Draco's thread about almost-accuarte timing.

Question:
When will my grandfather return to his home?

Data:
18 January 2007 - 6:07 pm GMT+2 - Cairo, Egypt (30n03, 31e15)
ASC at Leo 9:05

Background:
The question is about my grandfather on my mother's side. He had had a myocardial infarction (blood-clot blockage in a heart artery) and been admitted to the hospital about a week before. He was progressing quite well for the first couple of days, and then we had disturbing news on the 3rd day. The news were so horrible that that day I asked a horary "will my grandfather die?". I knew that he would eventually die for he's an old man, but what I meant was if he would die in this particular episode. The answer the horary gave to a no. I couldn't believe it (he was doing bad) and I thought I had interpreted the chart incorrectly. I let it go and just took it one day at a time.

Eventually my grandfather started getting better. I had an explanation from a doctor we are related to about the bad episode and how normal is was to happen at that stage. Anyway, a few days later I felt a good amount of hope that my dear grandpa could actually pull through and make it back home and that's when I thought about the horary at hand "when will he return to his home?"

I got 4 days:17hours:12minutes. That was the 23rd on 11:19 am. I didn't expect the timing to be accurate to the minute, but i did it that way anyway. He ended up coming back home on the specified date but more than 2 hours later. The ambulance that brought him home parked in front of the building between 1:26 and 1:28 pm.

He is how I arrived at my timing. Please read it carefully and tell me where you think I went wrong.

Since he is my mother's father, I use the radix 1st (the 4th from the 10th). The houses in use would then be the radix 1st (grandpa) and the radix 4th (his home). He is signified by the Sun at Capricorn 28:11. The cusp of the 4th is Scorpio 2:54, and the significator of home is Mars at Capricorn 1:19. I saw that Mars and the Sun wouldn't behold by a major aspect any time soon, and he was expected to get released from the hospital within a week, so I decided to use the cusp of the 4th because the Sun was moving to a square with it. The square made sense because he would return with difficulty (I knew we would have to use an ambulance with trained staff to bring him back) and the Sun would be in debility (he would still be in a crtical phase for 3 months).

The Sun was 4 degrees and 43 minutes away from perfecting that square with the IC. I took that to mean that he would be back after 4 days and 43/60 of a day. That is 4 days and 17.2 hours. 0.2 hours is 12 minutes. He would be backl after 4 days, 17 hours and 12 minutes. I counted from the time of the question (18 January at 6:07 pm), he was supposed to be back on the 23rd at 11:19 am. My watches are never accuarte to the minute nor are they synchronized, so I figured I'd allow a couple of minutes of deviation. The deviation turned out to be, like I said, around 2 hours as he arrived just before 1:30 pm; between 1:26 and 1:28 to be exact. While I was never happier to see an ambulance, I had already realized that my timing was way off.

where did I go wrong?

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
What a great post, I hope your Grandfather is doing well. I did learn plenty reading how you deducted the timing... thank you.

What I also noticed is his Sig is the Sun. There is no major aspect to the Sun (meaning no motion) and the next event would be the change of sign. That would be in 2 degrees.... 2 hours? Adding that in should bring you close to the time he arrived home.

TK

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I am still looking at the chart and realized that the Sun (his sig) is in mutual reception with Saturn. The second house can also represent home and we have Saturn RX (late) arriving in the second house in about 9 degrees away (late) So the 2 hours plus the new found 9 minutes gets you within a minute of the time he arrived home.

TK :confused:

Summery Joy

wintersprite1,

Thank you for your interest in my thread.

You are right, the Sun perfects the aspect in the following sign. Usually this means that some kind of boundary has to be crossed before anything could happen. In this case, I took it to mean that it would happen in the following week. I don't know if the fact that the Sun is about 2 degrees away from crossing shows the 2 hours of deviation though.

And again, you are right about the mutual reception between Saturn and the Sun. What you haven't noticed is that the Sun and Saturn also share another friendly relationship; they're each in a house ruled by the other. That, in addition to the mutual repection, shows that the Sun and Saturn both are comfortable with one another and can work together.

This has a very important meaning in this particular chart. Saturn rules the 6th house. It rules the disease that got my grandfather to the hospital. Its relationship with the Sun (my grandfather) shows him dealing with it and learning to deal with his situation. Saturn is Rx.. the disease is of a reurring type. Makes perfect sense.

However, the fact that Saturn is more than 5 degrees away from the cusp of the 2nd house makes it too far from the 2nd house cusp to be considered in a relationship with it. Also, the 2nd house doesn't represent home. The 4th house represents home. So the 2nd house is not of value to this horary.

Thank you for your interest though. Keep the ideas coming. I really would like any explanation for why I mis-timed the event.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I have spent hours looking at this chart and am determined to help figure this out.

Sorehearted, is it possible that the question is different than what is being read for? What I mean is instead of looking at the outcome of being home, maybe the focus is on the trip home.

I figure Jupiter would signify the ambulance, being the ruler of Pisces (hospital) and of Sag(travel) and maybe working with Mars (action/drive) Jupiter would be coming home in its natal house the 9th. And Mars would be coming home to its sign in the 9th. And with Grandfather being the Sun in the 6th, His coming home would be the 9th when counted(Radux??).

TK:59:

starlink

Hello Sorehearted. I looked at the 43/60. Now 1 degree is 1 day = 60 min. 1/2 a day = 30 min. and 1/2 that is 15 min. If you count together 30 + 15 we get 45 minutes. We want 43 minutes. So we are left with 2 minutes extra. We have come so far to 1/2 a day = 12 hours + 1/4 a day = 6 hours, so that together is 18 hours, not 17. Then we can still add the 2 minutes. Like this we are almost 2 hours later and closer to the time he came home.
I have never been good in math, so I could have made a real idiot of myself here. Have I ??

Summery Joy

Starlink, that's a good way of trying to find it; working in reverse.

Watersprite, Jupiter does rule Pisces and Sagittarius, but if you're trying to use the amublance and the hospital, I think the 12th and 3rd houses would be more appropriate.

Guys, check this out. I constructed an event chart for the time my grandfather returned home. I used the time 1:27 pm because it's between 1:26 and 1:28. Look what I found. Saturn (old man) in detriment (sick) retrograde (going back) on the IC (home).

WOW!

Summery Joy

Libra20 said:
Additionally, Venus opposes Saturn and is in Aquarius. Venus afflicted in Aquarius by reflex action in Leo indicates heart trouble.
I didn't know that.

So, I've talked to my mother about this whole timing issue. According to her, she and my uncle started the procedures at the hospital to get my grandfather released sometime between 11:15 and 11:20. I guess the time I got from the horary corresponds to the beginning of his return - the process of leaving the hospital. Not too shabby.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
sorehearted said:
Guys, check this out. I constructed an event chart for the time my grandfather returned home. I used the time 1:27 pm because it's between 1:26 and 1:28. Look what I found. Saturn (old man) in detriment (sick) retrograde (going back) on the IC (home).

WOW!

Absolutly incrediable!!

Thank you so much for sharing this information and for kindly putting up with my novice speculation... I am learning.

I hope your Grandfather is doing better and wish him and all of his the very best. :39:

TK

starlink

Hello Sorehearted! Yes, isn't it incredible how horary can be so precise, no wonder I am fascinated by it. Still lots to learn, always really, and next one to tackle is the "finding items" section. Not easy with with all those directions. But I did find one thing back within an hour (like the chart said I would!!) It was a ticket stuck between papers which were inside a sidepocket of a bag. I walked straigth towards it, took the papers out, started looking through them and YES!! there it was. I have never been more amazed! But when I took my compass, it was far more difficult to pinpoint the place. Funny, I just looked for something that was on the floor, totally hidden by other papers (3rd house) and I felt like a magnet drawn to it. But maybe something else helped me finding it. I seem to find things always immediately, the right drawer, right room, I dont know why. I just stand still, close my eyes and "scan" the house. Weird. Only recently I realised I might have a feeling for it, so together with a horary it will work wonders!
Glad that your grandfather is back home again and hopefully for a long time to come.

Summery Joy

Thank you starlink. And what an incredible gift you have. Say, if you're ever in Egypt, stop by. There are a few lost items at work and home that I'd like to find :D

starlink

I will let you know when I am in the neighborhood!! Always been fascinated with Egyptian archeology, the pyramids, absolutely awsom.(have a fantastic book about it called: "The Valley of the Kings", enormous book about 40 cm.in height and with the most remarkable pictures of the tombs, mummies, hieroglyphs, you name it.I lived in Peru for some time and have the same respect for Machu Pichu. I was there on the top, it was foggy and mysterious, just marvellous. You just cannot imagine how those people managed to build like that.