orb of North Node

Cassie Priam

In karmic work we use wider orbs.

Up to 8 for sq, op, conj, trine
6 for sextile.

We will go very wide, up to 10-12 for the very karmic aspects, which includes the nodes. Karmic aspects are inner to outer planet.

The wider orbs will reveal themselves in more subtle ways, tighter more obvious.

Claire19

I wouldnt use any more than 4-5 degrees of a planet with the north node and then only the Sun or Moon. Other planets 1-3 degrees. I wouldnt use 10-12 degrees with anything regardless of what and where it is!!!! Using the trine and sextile etc degrees as with normal planets is not viable with the North Node. The south node takes on the polar aspect.

Best to watch transits and see what works for you.

Claire

unukalhai

My general methology with the nodes is to give them 1/3 to 1/2 the normal orb for a given aspect.

They are calculated points, and tend to be energy receptors/modifiers, rather than energy generators.

Also, as mentioned above, the south node takes the polar aspect, and when considering aspect orbs, I use the overall lowest orb. For example, if an inconjunct is made to the north node, a semisexitle is made to the south node. The orb (atleast in my opinion) for the semisextile is less than for the inconjunct, so I go with that orb, cut in half or so, for both ends of the aspect pattern.

I always display both ends of the axis (north/south) in the chart, I think it makes things more apparent :)

Also, I consider it very important to determine which end of the axis the aspect is applying to. That is, if the object in question is moving towards the north or south node. This shows if the aspect in question regards past karma or karma being built during this lifetime. Big distinction! Also important, don't forget that a retograde object will be moving backwards in the chart, and to take that into account if neccessary.

Last edited: