Are Pluto & Venus Co-rulers of my chart?

dperez3894

I made a little scoring system to try and determine the ruling planet of my chart;

Trines, Sextiles, Conjunctions = +1

Oppositions, Squares, Inconjuncts = -1

Planet In Own House = +1

Planet In Own House but wrong ruler based on day/night rulerships = -1

Detriment = -1

Combust = -1

Pluto Conjunct Ascendant = +1
Pluto Trine Jupiter = +1
Pluto Trine Mars = +1
Pluto Sextile Neptune = +1
Pluto Square Midheaven = -1
Pluto Opposite Venus = -1
Pluto Opposite Sun = -1
Pluto(Aries night ruler) in 1st House(Aries House) during Day = -1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pluto Score = 0

Venus Trine Neptune = +1
Venus Sextile Mars = +1
Venus Sextile Jupiter = +1
Venus in 7th House(Libra House) = +1
Venus Opposite Pluto = -1
Venus Square Midheaven = -1
Venus Combust by Sun = -1
Venus Detriment = -1
-----------------------------

Venus Score = 0

Is it actually possible Pluto and Venus could be co-rulers, almost as if a Pluto/Venus conjunction is ruling my chart?

Attachments

• dp-equal.jpg
    dp-equal.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22

dperez3894

Your ascendant is Libra therefore your chart ruler is Venus

On the surface that would be true, but I've also been reading on various astrology websites that a planet conjunct an ascendant supplants the ruler of the rising sign and becomes the chart ruler.

Maybe that's why I'm confused on which one is the true ruler of the chart. I do have my Venus qualities(Libra ruler) but I also have Plutonian qualities(Scorpio ruler) as well.

Rageypoo

If you go into the extended chart section of Astro.com, where it says "please select a group" you have 3 choices, select the *pullen/astrolog* choice, when you get to the next screen, in the drop down box, select "simple chart delineation by walter pullen" and it will give you a breakdown of what the strength of your chart is.

Since your sun/venus is in Aries and your AC is in libra, it's hard to tell what your chart ruler is, venus rules libra, and in a tight conj with the sun it's weakened, venus doesn't like to be in Aries, it's power is not as strong, and in the opposite house, I don't think venus is doing it's damage like it seems. Venus rules Taurus and you have taurus in the 8th house, and pluto rules the 8th house, but with little activity in neither 2nd or 8th house, I don't think pluto is holding much power here to be your chart ruler either, but with Mars (mars rules aries, your sun) trining pluto, you're sure gonna feel it, but it will be more internal since pluto is retrograde here, and you may be personally sensitive with venus so close to the sun.

Venus opposing the AC to me wouldn't make libra your chart ruler, they're in conflict

Pluto Retrograde
* keeps their chin up during crisis because .....
* they want to keep inner upheavals private
* they get what they want by acting like they don't care
* www.skyviewzone.com

Last edited:

Inconjunct

With Pluto conjunct your Ascendant, it's no surprise you have some Plutonian characteristics very close to the surface But he isn't the ruler of your chart - that continues to be Venus. However, the ruler of your chart may not be the strongest planet in your chart. Classical astrology has a whole system of dignities to decide which planet that might be. Modern astrology has simplified that system quite considerably (and to its detriment, classical astrologers might say)

The Sun is in its exaltation in Aries, and is angular, so might be considered to be pretty strong, although it's in the 7th which may not be a terribly happy house for it (the Sun being all ego and the 7th being about relationships with others)

Last edited:

dperez3894

If you go into the extended chart section of Astro.com, where it says "please select a group" you have 3 choices, select the *pullen/astrolog* choice, when you get to the next screen, in the drop down box, select "simple chart delineation by walter pullen" and it will give you a breakdown of what the strength of your chart is.

Since your sun/venus is in Aries and your AC is in libra, it's hard to tell what your chart ruler is, venus rules libra, and in a tight conj with the sun it's weakened, venus doesn't like to be in Aries, it's power is not as strong, and in the opposite house, I don't think venus is doing it's damage like it seems. Venus rules Taurus and you have taurus in the 8th house, and pluto rules the 8th house, but with little activity in neither 2nd or 8th house, I don't think pluto is holding much power here to be your chart ruler either, but with Mars (mars rules aries, your sun) trining pluto, you're sure gonna feel it, but it will be more internal since pluto is retrograde here, and you may be personally sensitive with venus so close to the sun.

Venus opposing the AC to me wouldn't make libra your chart ruler, they're in conflict

Here's what Pullen says in terms of planet rankings;

Planet: Position Aspects Total Rank Percent
Sun: 50.0 ( 4) + 22.4 ( 5) = 72.4 ( 3) / 10.4%
Moon: 73.5 ( 2) + 8.2 (10) = 81.7 ( 2) / 11.7%
Mercury: 35.0 ( 7) + 17.5 ( 6) = 52.5 ( 9) / 7.5%
Venus: 78.5 ( 1) + 37.9 ( 1) = 116.4 ( 1) / 16.7%
Mars: 58.5 ( 3) + 12.8 ( 8) = 71.3 ( 4) / 10.2%
Jupiter: 20.0 (10) + 33.1 ( 2) = 53.1 ( 8) / 7.6%
Saturn: 36.0 ( 6) + 12.3 ( 9) = 48.3 (10) / 6.9%
Uranus: 40.0 ( 5) + 15.5 ( 7) = 55.5 ( 7) / 7.9%
Neptune: 25.0 ( 9) + 31.7 ( 3) = 56.7 ( 6) / 8.1%
Pluto: 30.0 ( 8) + 31.6 ( 4) = 61.6 ( 5) / 8.8%
Chiron: 12.0 (12) + 0.0 (11) = 12.0 (12) / 1.7%
Node: 17.0 (11) + 0.0 (12) = 17.0 (11) / 2.4%

Here's my signs, elements and mode;

Sign: Power Rank Percent - Element Power Percent
Aries: 136.2 ( 1) / 19.5% - Fire: 211.1 / 30.2%
Taurus: 22.8 (11) / 3.3% - Earth: 98.1 / 14.1%
Gemini: 43.8 ( 8) / 6.3% - Air: 236.9 / 33.9%
Cancer: 73.2 ( 4) / 10.5% - Water: 152.3 / 21.8%
Leo: 29.4 (10) / 4.2%
Virgo: 20.6 (12) / 2.9% - Mode Power Percent
Libra: 115.8 ( 2) / 16.6% - Cardinal: 379.8 / 54.4%
Scorpio: 30.1 ( 9) / 4.3% - Fixed: 159.6 / 22.8%
Sagittarius: 45.6 ( 7) / 6.5% - Mutuable: 159.0 / 22.8%
Capricorn: 54.7 ( 5) / 7.8%
Aquarius: 77.3 ( 3) / 11.1%
Pisces: 49.0 ( 6) / 7.0%
----------------
Total: 698.4 / 100.0%

Pullen says Venus is the #1 planet but how can that be if it's weakened through detriment and combustion as well as opposing it's own sign and house?

I don't use the scoring system you quoted in your first post. I agree with others that chart ruler is venus.

Did you have any health problems between 2.5 and 3? did anyone die?

Moon is in detriment in cappi, mercury is a singleton ie: only planet in water element. you have a lot planets in fire/air and this would suggest someone who's a bit of bookworm...

You only have 3planets above the horizon and 7 on the right hand side (west)
Hemispheres and quadrants
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/Step_2_Self_and_other_focus.htm#continue
http://www.astrotheme.com/planets-distribution.php
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/hemispheres_quadrants1.shtml
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/hemisphereemphasis.html

The Western Hemisphere (right hand side)
It is the world of other people and of relationships. The native needs fellow creatures in order to reach harmony. He pays much attention, sometimes too much, to other people's views. A prominent Western hemisphere inclines towards extraversion and sociability.

you also have a 'cradle configuration'
Cradle configuration
two x talent triangles or minor grand trines, the outer two linked by an opposition. It seems to be a mixed blessing, with potential but to due them being easy aspects can lack the follow through to achieve. In male chats can lean towards extrovert, and in female charts passive, introvert qualities there is a need to be careful not to scatter energies without achieving much.

“The Cradle configuration has two Wedge figures in it, providing two different ways to potentially escape from the stress - or transform it into creativity”.
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/cradle_configuration.html

http://www.astrotheme.com/files/figu...ed-aspects.php
http://cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html
Cafeastrology calls this aspect Trapeze, which with my own research is not, but something different. The glossary below explains the differences.
http://www.dxpnet.com/opinion/astrology/I-so-TOTALLY-have-a-Cradle-2271823.asp
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1554
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology...e_cradle.shtml

“The apex planet can be a source of great creativity that channels the stress into positive, constructive activity, although the stress of the opposition may or may not finally be resolved. The Cradle has two Wedge figures in it, providing two different ways to potentially escape from the stress — or transform it into creativity. However, with so much opportunity to avoid problems, the temptation to take the easy way out is very strong. As a result, with a Cradle configuration in their chart may find it very difficult to resolve/heal the conflicts in their life represented by the opposition”
http://www.evolvingdoor.ca/glossary/glossary_bc.htm
This last link is the best information available on this aspect

Cradle cont/….
“The more the person can learn to face and resolve the conflict of the opposition, the more they will be able to use the talents and natural abilities in the Cradle in ways that are healthy, constructive and healing. On the other hand, the avoidance of problems can generate some pretty impressive creative ability, in the broadest sense of the word - not just artistic but any innovative, original or imaginative approach to the obstacles and challenges of life.”
http://www.evolvingdoor.ca/glossary/glossary_bc.htm

so in the grand scheme of things, chart ruler is only ONE point that needs researching/reading....:whistling:

Rageypoo

Here's what Pullen says in terms of planet rankings;

Planet: Position Aspects Total Rank Percent
Sun: 50.0 ( 4) + 22.4 ( 5) = 72.4 ( 3) / 10.4%
Moon: 73.5 ( 2) + 8.2 (10) = 81.7 ( 2) / 11.7%
Mercury: 35.0 ( 7) + 17.5 ( 6) = 52.5 ( 9) / 7.5%
Venus: 78.5 ( 1) + 37.9 ( 1) = 116.4 ( 1) / 16.7%
Mars: 58.5 ( 3) + 12.8 ( 8) = 71.3 ( 4) / 10.2%
Jupiter: 20.0 (10) + 33.1 ( 2) = 53.1 ( 8) / 7.6%
Saturn: 36.0 ( 6) + 12.3 ( 9) = 48.3 (10) / 6.9%
Uranus: 40.0 ( 5) + 15.5 ( 7) = 55.5 ( 7) / 7.9%
Neptune: 25.0 ( 9) + 31.7 ( 3) = 56.7 ( 6) / 8.1%
Pluto: 30.0 ( 8) + 31.6 ( 4) = 61.6 ( 5) / 8.8%
Chiron: 12.0 (12) + 0.0 (11) = 12.0 (12) / 1.7%
Node: 17.0 (11) + 0.0 (12) = 17.0 (11) / 2.4%

Here's my signs, elements and mode;

Sign: Power Rank Percent - Element Power Percent
Aries: 136.2 ( 1) / 19.5% - Fire: 211.1 / 30.2%
Taurus: 22.8 (11) / 3.3% - Earth: 98.1 / 14.1%
Gemini: 43.8 ( 8) / 6.3% - Air: 236.9 / 33.9%
Cancer: 73.2 ( 4) / 10.5% - Water: 152.3 / 21.8%
Leo: 29.4 (10) / 4.2%
Virgo: 20.6 (12) / 2.9% - Mode Power Percent
Libra: 115.8 ( 2) / 16.6% - Cardinal: 379.8 / 54.4%
Scorpio: 30.1 ( 9) / 4.3% - Fixed: 159.6 / 22.8%
Sagittarius: 45.6 ( 7) / 6.5% - Mutuable: 159.0 / 22.8%
Capricorn: 54.7 ( 5) / 7.8%
Aquarius: 77.3 ( 3) / 11.1%
Pisces: 49.0 ( 6) / 7.0%
----------------
Total: 698.4 / 100.0%

Pullen says Venus is the #1 planet but how can that be if it's weakened through detriment and combustion as well as opposing it's own sign and house?

there u go, venus is strongest = 0

Aries has the most power with the rank 1 rating, but Gemini has some interesting strength too, I thought for sure Aries would (well fire anyways). Libra wins for modes, venus gets the gold

Last edited:

dperez3894

Attached is the dispositor graph for my chart.

Venus, Mars and Uranus are at the top.

Venus rules the Ascendant

Mars rules the Descendant

and

Uranus rules the 5th House

Since Venus rules my Libra ascendant, it appears my chart ruler is Venus but Pluto seems to have a very strong influence on my chart ruler if I'm reading the graph right.

Attachments

• finaldispositor.gif
    finaldispositor.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 18

Rageypoo

Attached is the dispositor graph for my chart.

Venus, Mars and Uranus are at the top.

Venus rules the Ascendant

Mars rules the Descendant

and

Uranus rules the 5th House

Since Venus rules my Libra ascendant, it appears my chart ruler is Venus but Pluto seems to have a very strong influence on my chart ruler if I'm reading the graph right.

well yea because its on the AC like that

*everything* has a strong influence not just chart ruler, pluto or anything. Learn the basics properly via the links...... Final despositer in Traditional asrology may be important but in percentages, 98% here are modern astrologers that don't even use the method of analysis...

dperez3894

*everything* has a strong influence not just chart ruler, pluto or anything. Learn the basics properly via the links...... Final despositer in Traditional asrology may be important but in percentages, 98% here are modern astrologers that don't even use the method of analysis...

I can try to learn the basics but being the Aries that I am, I just randomly jump in whether it's astrology, a book or some skill I learn. Maybe I just don't have the patience to learn in step by step order. That's probably due to my Mercury in Pisces.

Rageypoo

I can try to learn the basics but being the Aries that I am, I just randomly jump in whether it's astrology, a book or some skill I learn. Maybe I just don't have the patience to learn in step by step order. That's probably due to my Mercury in Pisces.

LOL don't limit yourself to your sun sign, just because you're an aries doesn't mean you can't put in the time, in fact, BECAUSE you're an aries you SHOULD put in the time, specially if someone tells you that you can't do it, that should motivate you to do it and do it better than anyone else

Seriously, this "my planet does this" **** is getting old, why restrict yourself, you know your natal planets move as you mature right? this is called a "progressed planet" so your "pisces mercury" is probably you guessed it, ARIES! sheesh

Last edited:

dperez3894

LOL don't limit yourself to your sun sign, just because you're an aries doesn't mean you can't put in the time, in fact, BECAUSE you're an aries you SHOULD put in the time, specially if someone tells you that you can't do it, that should motivate you to do it and do it better than anyone else

Seriously, this "my planet does this" **** is getting old, why restrict yourself, you know your natal planets move as you mature right? this is called a "progressed planet" so your "pisces mercury" is probably you guessed it, ARIES! sheesh

Actually my progressed Mercury is in late Aries, going into Taurus. My progressed Venus and Sun are already there.

dperez3894

I think I finally found the answer here;

http://proastrologer.com/rulership.htm

Three or more planets involved in the same kind of "closed circuit" as a mutual reception I call a multiple reception. And example of this would be a chart with the Sun in Cancer, Moon in Gemini and Mercury in Leo. Mercury is in the Sun's domicile, the Sun is in the Moon's domicile, the Moon is in Mercury's domicile, Mercury is in the Sun's domicile, etc. This would act like a "government" of three or more branches, with the resultant balancing act between the branches.
----------------

Venus, Mars and Uranus from my dispositor chart are in a configuration called a "multiple reception"

Venus in Aries disposited by Mars in Aquarius disposited by Uranus in Libra dispositied by Venus in Aries...etc.

Maybe all three of them rule my chart equally.

dperez3894

To clarify my previous post, I get bored with logic easily. That's why step by step learning doesn't and never did appeal to me. I just grab a piece here, a piece there, a piece everywhere until it falls together into some kind of picture. And if there's a missing piece, the Mercury in Pisces seems to pull it out of the aether. If the pieces aren't exciting or interesting, they're either forgotten or tossed aside. Sometimes if the picture shows up first, then I break it down into it's pieces(Mercury in 6th or Virgo House).

It's chaotic and illogical to logic minded right hander because I'm left handed and use the right hemisphere of the brain.