Saturn conjunct natal moon...always difficult?

Betty F

I guess what Saturn has taught me so far is that when I do what I'm supposed to be doing things are ok. It's when I'm not that I have problems, lol.

So, so true. I have a natal Sun-Moon conjunction square my 12th house Saturn. When T-Saturn triggered any of these planets it was really brutal for the first part of my life. The second, not so much. (A broken arm during my second Saturn return)

The first 30 years, Saturn shapes you whether you like it or not. After the first return you start to "own" your Saturn and actively use it to build your life and claim the level of authority you've earned. (Still and always Karmic in nature.)

Using your natal Saturn positively is the key. How brutal or evil Saturn transits are, at any age, depends on Kirlie's observation. Are you doing what you're supposed to be doing? My personal mantra during Saturn transits was "Do the right thing."

P.S. Traditional Astrology is too archaic. (They censored my original comment) Today's Astrology must be relevant to today's environment and today's evolutionary level.

Last edited:

Mist Knacker

So, so true. I have a natal Sun-Moon conjunction square my 12th house Saturn. When T-Saturn triggered any of these planets it was really brutal for the first part of my life. The second, not so much. (A broken arm during my second Saturn return)

The first 30 years, Saturn shapes you whether you like it or not. After the first return you start to "own" your Saturn and actively use it to build your life and claim the level of authority you've earned. (Still and always Karmic in nature.)

Using your natal Saturn positively is the key. How brutal or evil Saturn transits are, at any age, depends on Kirlie's observation. Are you doing what you're supposed to be doing? My personal mantra during Saturn transits was "Do the right thing."
With Saturn transits, I feel more disciplined and in more control of certain aspects of my life. I seem to be more down to earth. If something isn't right in my life, through the transit, an awareness pertaining to that aspect of my life will be brought forth. Through the hard aspects, it can be a "time to wake up and smell the coffee" moment, and if I had been living in a state of "not caring" for an extended period of time, it can be like a slap in the face. Overall, during the time of Saturn transits, I have functioned at a higher level.

I'm currently having transiting Saturn opposing my Moon. This began November 1st.

Saturn opposite Moon is classified as an emotionally trying and alienating period according to Robert Hand.

Simultaneously, I am having Saturn square Jupiter.

For those who are having the conjunction or had it years ago, are there, in your experience, any particular differences with the opposition, or are they basically the same?

carol gibson

Saturn is currently conjunct my DC (1°), transiting into my 7th house , and conjunct my natal moon (2°) in Libra
I gather this will have more of an effect on my emotions, with my natal moon being involved...

I was curious to know if anyone here has had this transit and experienced it's "effects", if any. In researching the transit, it seems as though ( as with saturn transits in general ) it will be difficult, since Saturn set to "teach" and recognize "lessons" that we need to learn. But has anyone had positive experiences when experiencing this transit?

I don't know if this effects/will effect my experiences, but my natal Saturn sits in my 7th house (in Scorpio 7° 33') and I feel as though I'm pretty familiar with it's "energies" to where I think the effects of this transit wouldn't be as "depressing" as the most the interpretations imply:

"The Moon is your emotions and feelings, your instincts. Saturn rules depression, especially the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, and opposition)"
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transitsSaturn18.4.htm

This can be a somewhat depressing time, due to family financial worries or unpleasant memories. People around you tend to be cold and lacking sympathy.
http://www.astroscoped.com/astrology/saturn_transits.shtml

Although, I do like the sound of this one :smile: :

A time for deep probing, during which you may be forced to witness and work through some of your more inward and emotional issues -- getting to know yourself psychologically. This could result in a serious relationship, perhaps even marriage.
http://horoscopeswithin.com/saturn_transit.php

What are your thoughts on this transit? :smile:

I have always read that Saturn brings a temporary love that doesn't last.

I was thirty two at the time of the last Saturn transit of my Moon, and was struggling with raising a stepson, who I dearly loved, but he really had serious issues. None of the family would acknowledge his problems, which sadly he is still struggling with this many years later. I suppose this could apply to the description of coldness you entered above.

I wanted to help this kid, but my husband's family just wanted to play popularity games, and ignore the fact that this kid needed help. It was definitely a depressing time. When it was over, though, it was like a weight lifted off of me. I was always glad that I tried as hard as I could, because I don't look back with any regrets. The boy tells me how much he respects me now that he's an adult.

Saturn has been conjunct my Mars in Libra, and it feels like I'm walking in a lake of sticky taffy, barely able to move. That's why I came here, initially. I hope this helps.

By the way, Saturn is exalted in Libra, so it should be a little easier for you to handle, it seems.

carol gibson

Continued Saturn conjunct Mars . . . Please help, anybody.

It gets so frustrating having roadblocks to every intention that comes up. I had begun writing a book, and it went great guns for a while, then boom - this. In a way, I can see the good effects, because there is a movie out on a similar topic that looks like it's going to bomb out.

But still, it's so hard to be an accomplishment oriented person and have every direction blocked by incidental events. I'm ready to pull my hair out - argghh.

Anybody got any input? BTW Mars is in the sixth house @ 14 degrees.

Should I just throw in the towel and wait? What is there to be learned about this transit?

When I just surrender and realize that everything is going to take twice or three times as long to complete, I do seem to put out a better quality of work. But it certainly has a depressing effect.

BTW, I just realized that my Mars in Libra with transiting Saturn is in square aspect to three planets in Leo, right? As asked above - help, please.

MTTY05

Tr Saturn is one degree away from my natal Moon (Libra 12°35), and squaring my natal Ascendant (Cap 12°57).

In short, I think this Saturn transit is making the things I dislike most about my life even more obvious to me. I'm not getting what I want to out of life, and it's being rubbed in my face everyday. It's kind of depressing, but I wasn't all that happy before this transit either.

Betty F

Tr Saturn is one degree away from my natal Moon (Libra 12°35), and squaring my natal Ascendant (Cap 12°57).

In short, I think this Saturn transit is making the things I dislike most about my life even more obvious to me. I'm not getting what I want to out of life, and it's being rubbed in my face everyday. It's kind of depressing, but I wasn't all that happy before this transit either.

T-Saturn and the Moon in your 10th? What is it you want to get out of life and how must you change yourself in order to get it? You don't think people see you the way you really are. Why is that and how can you change it? Saturn is offering practical answers to these questions. If it is in your 9th house, it would be a different interpretation.

In any house, the transit to your Moon is asking you to control your emotions, make constructive use of them, and correct harmful emotional patterns developed in the past. It also effects relationships and how authority is expressed in them. It's showing you where you need to step up, or step down, as the case may be. While Saturn can seem to be confining or oppressive, making use of it's lessons can really free you to accomplish what you want.

T-Saturn square your ascendant is simply a call to take responsibility for who you are. The 10th house naturally squares the 1st. It's that part of the cycle where what we have or haven't accomplished influences how we see ourselves and how we intend to see ourselves in the future.

That Moon square ascendant keeps bringing the idea of letting go of past hurts, and past emotional patterns to my mind.... if the aspect has positive influences in your chart, that may actually already be one of your strengths.

If you could post your chart we can be more specific.

Last edited:

MTTY05

Thanks for the reply, Betty. My Moon is actually in the 9th house, but your 10th house interpretation still rung true for me. How do you think a tr Saturn conjunct Moon in the 9th house would play out?

My natal chart + transits are attached.

Attachments

• novtrans.jpg
    novtrans.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 25

segurelha

MTT, that's a powerful transit. The "doesnt feel well" thing is both typical of Saturn transits and of tenth house transits. Its like you are evaluating what is really your life, sort of "what the hell should I do to make my own life work".

This is made by confronting what you really are, which possibilities you really have, and with work, work, work, step by step, planning, sober vision, realism, in Capricorn fashion. Transits to the Moon might be related with "where do I feel at home". This might call for a relationship development (commitment or break up) or the same kind of choice for career and moving place (commitment or break up)

Both things happened with my Saturn-Moon conjunction 2 years ago. In 8th house.

Almost for sure, these should be connected with what you are doing in your life, or with important life choices. What's your situation in specific?

By the way I have Saturn in 9th house, how was it?
Please feel free to mail me or private sms me.

Nexus7

It might or might not be appropriate to considerthe natal Moon in terms of past, past conditioning, etc, etc, but maybe that should not blind you to what needs changing right now, in the here-and-now.

If a there is a close relationship that is unsatisfactory and your needs are not being met, then this is the thing that needs to be evaluated in the present.

Where friends, colleagues or bosses criticise you, then you may indeed need to work on your shortcomings if you really are being indulgent rather than pulling your weight.

More often, however, these criticism maybe be coming from deeper personal antagonisms toawrds you, and you may again need to evaluate the situation and decide whether or not you wish to continue in this place, with these people, or move on and find people who will treat you better.

Here is another tip:you may feel very let down by those people from whom you might normally have expected support, especially emotional. This can seem like a very alone time, from this point of view. However: once you do initiate positve changes, if necessary. then you may well find that you have support from other sources where you might not have expected it.

toona03

T-Saturn square your ascendant is simply a call to take responsibility for who you are. The 10th house naturally squares the 1st. It's that part of the cycle where what we have or haven't accomplished influences how we see ourselves and how we intend to see ourselves in the future.

That Moon square ascendant keeps bringing the idea of letting go of past hurts, and past emotional patterns to my mind.... if the aspect has positive influences in your chart, that may actually already be one of your strengths..

This is true. I've noticed that with moon/sat in the 10th I've paid a lot of attention to how I'm presenting myself ... in work, with friends, so on... This aspect of it has been difficult but very constructive. I've made a lot of changes in how I deal with people/life/etc. and it's all reaped positive results. I'll probably carry some of these lessons with me forever!

segurelha

My Saturn conjunction to natal Moon was pretty mild.
Yes, I had some minor hard challenges in my long-term relationship, and we changed first country, and then house. But the general feeling was a positive one. Uranus/Moon a few years ago was much more dynamic and radical

Veronica

How can someone with this aspect be loyal when they are way too enthralled putting brick walls over stainless steel ones.. I dont think the person who they are apparently being loyal too feels that or gets their point these people can be way too DETACHED.. its like they are on emotionally unavailable mode 24/7. True, they might be able to concentrate and have discipline but @ the expense of what... ? Connecting with others? In 2003-2004 I had Saturn transiting my 12th house.. that period must have been the most emotionally depressing time in my life... when Saturn was on the 12 th ( I couldn't stop crying, I didn't want to wake up I didn't really have energy to do much, When it Transited my node 12th house node heart breaking situations ( with Capricorns were part of my life and haunted me for a while) When it Conjuncted my first house moon in Cancer the tears wouldn't stop, and the hollow/void feeling I felt back then knew no bounds.. ( I still get mega emotional when I remember this incidents ,I rather not) I isolated myself from everyone I was close to, and focused on College @ the time by taking up lots of classes and credits and working and honestly to this day I dunno how I passed them I was a emotional mess inside. Nowdays my moon is squaring saturn... its not really a picnic either.. lots of trying situations nowdays.

Betty F

I doubt these people, ever let themselves fall head over heels in love. Thats like embarrassing self defeating, awkward or whatever.

You can't do "these people" in Astrology, or even "this transit" you have to look at the whole chart from the perspective of the individual.

I have a 30 year-old daughter born with Moon conjunct Saturn and she is very emotional and extremely expressive. Of course, the Moon also conjuncts her ascendant, and her Sag Sun conjuncts Uranus, and Jupiter, her Sun's ruler, is intensely conjunct Pluto.

She loves very deeply, is highly sensitive and empathetic, and is extremely loyal. She's committed to being fair (Libra Moon-Saturn), sometimes to a fault. Usually to her own detriment. She often sacrifices her own well being trying to be fair to people who don't deserve it. Self-worth is an issue with her. She often lets other people convince her she deserves less from them than they expect from her.

This Saturn return to her Moon-Saturn is bringing out intensely emotional issues for her, forcing her to gain control of her emotions, to develop more detachment, and to base her self worth more on herself, not her relationships. Like others have said, it's a relatively isolating experience. (although she's way too social to be totally isolated, it's still emotionally isolating.. )

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

You can't do "these people" in Astrology, or even "this transit" you have to look at the whole chart from the perspective of the individual.

I have a 30 year-old daughter born with Moon conjunct Saturn and she is very emotional and extremely expressive. Of course, the Moon also conjuncts her ascendant, and her Sag Sun conjuncts Uranus, and Jupiter, her Sun's ruler, is intensely conjunct Pluto.

She loves very deeply, is highly sensitive and empathetic, and is extremely loyal. She's committed to being fair (Libra Moon-Saturn), sometimes to a fault. Usually to her own detriment. She often sacrifices her own well being trying to be fair to people who don't deserve it. Self-worth is an issue with her. She often lets other people convince her she deserves less from them than they expect from her.

I SO hear you Betty.
kz
natal moon/saturn conj in cap with transit pluto conj them right now and progressed mars there as well.

dreamtimez

How can someone with this aspect be loyal when they are way too enthralled putting brick walls over stainless steel ones.. I dont think the person who they are apparently being loyal too feels that or gets their point these people can be way too DETACHED.. its like they are on emotionally unavailable mode 24/7. True, they might be able to concentrate and have discipline but @ the expense of what... ? Connecting with others?

This has been my experience with Saturn-Moon people ... the ones I am acquainted with couldn't take a leap of faith. Love requires faith ... They are deeply emotional people, no doubt ... but unless the loved one 'feels loved' what is the use of that emotion ? I tend to attract these people ... my current bf has this Saturn-Moon conjunction in Cancer. That I guess compounds the problem ... thankfully I'm astrologically aware :wink: still at times I feel so helpless ! He tends to bottle up feelings too much.