Eros/Psyche

There isn't much I know about asteroids. I don't know much about when they are in signs, I've only been able to see conclusive interpretations of Eros (but not in the houses), but not much on Psyche. If you know anything about Psyche in the signs and houses, can you tell me about it? I'd really appreciate thoughtful answers instead of just links, unless the links are extremely important for the answer.

I DO know that Eros and Psyche together represent soul mate stuff. Usually when Eros conjunct another's Psyche and vice versa; although I read that it's incredibly rare to stumble upon synastry with that mutual conjunction.

Anyway, I have Eros in Capricorn in the 11th house--All I can say here is that Eros in Capricorn is very sexual. Very Pan-like in behavior, although the sexual energy can be sublimated by working/business related stuff. All i can guess about Eros in the 11th is that maybe my sexual energy is unconventional and unpredictable. I DO like kinky things, and I shock people alot because they don't really expect me to be into the things I am into. Could this also be sexually attracted to friends/acquaintances, or that I idealize that a sexual partner has to be a friend as well? Never mind the love part, I get enough of the emotional bonding through my Scorpio Moon.

I have Psyche in Scorpio in the 8th house, and sextiles with my Eros. Psyche represents the soul, correct? In Scorpio, could this be meaning that I'm attracted to the mysterious quiet lovers? Because of my Venus in Aries,I value confidence in a partner, but I'm rather turned off by loud, obnoxious people (1st house Venus as well). Partners that exude sexual energy to me are incredibly amazing...I usually am attracted to their dark sides alot more because of the 'danger'. In the 8th house, could this mean I would rather be picky about finding the right partner, than to settle with just anything?

Anyway, what are your thoughts? What is your own Eros/Psyche placements, and how do they get involved with some of your personal planets, namely your Moon, Venus, and Mars? Also, if you know your partner's Eros and Psyche placements, where do they fit in your natal chart (and vice versa), and what do they bring to you (sexually/romantically). Do you feel destined to be with that person?

Joz

There isn't much I know about asteroids. I don't know much about when they are in signs, I've only been able to see conclusive interpretations of Eros (but not in the houses), but not much on Psyche. If you know anything about Psyche in the signs and houses, can you tell me about it? I'd really appreciate thoughtful answers instead of just links, unless the links are extremely important for the answer.

I DO know that Eros and Psyche together represent soul mate stuff. Usually when Eros conjunct another's Psyche and vice versa; although I read that it's incredibly rare to stumble upon synastry with that mutual conjunction.

Anyway, I have Eros in Capricorn in the 11th house--All I can say here is that Eros in Capricorn is very sexual. Very Pan-like in behavior, although the sexual energy can be sublimated by working/business related stuff. All i can guess about Eros in the 11th is that maybe my sexual energy is unconventional and unpredictable. I DO like kinky things, and I shock people alot because they don't really expect me to be into the things I am into. Could this also be sexually attracted to friends/acquaintances, or that I idealize that a sexual partner has to be a friend as well? Never mind the love part, I get enough of the emotional bonding through my Scorpio Moon.

I have Psyche in Scorpio in the 8th house, and sextiles with my Eros. Psyche represents the soul, correct? In Scorpio, could this be meaning that I'm attracted to the mysterious quiet lovers? Because of my Venus in Aries,I value confidence in a partner, but I'm rather turned off by loud, obnoxious people (1st house Venus as well). Partners that exude sexual energy to me are incredibly amazing...I usually am attracted to their dark sides alot more because of the 'danger'. In the 8th house, could this mean I would rather be picky about finding the right partner, than to settle with just anything?

Anyway, what are your thoughts? What is your own Eros/Psyche placements, and how do they get involved with some of your personal planets, namely your Moon, Venus, and Mars? Also, if you know your partner's Eros and Psyche placements, where do they fit in your natal chart (and vice versa), and what do they bring to you (sexually/romantically). Do you feel destined to be with that person?

I think the asteroids work best when looked at in combination with the overall chart and placements of planets. It's like the planets are the primary colors of a chart, and the asteroids kind of lay over subtle variations.

A lot of asteroid study is new. Best way I think to find out the influence is to check transits to the placements, where it's in close aspect/conjunct with people you know, or even check a lot of celebrity charts, (since we're familiar with SOME parts of their lives!) that have Psyche prominent, or similar to your placement, and see if there are crossovers with your experience.

Although I don't have enough experience with Psyche yet, I have seen results of other 'love' asteroids. So far, I've followed close conjunctions only, especially to the personal planets/Moon and results have been impressive. It's fun to pull those up and see where they land in your chart or synastry, like Aphrodite, Adonis, Cupido, Amor, Valentine, and others.

And I'd be interested in reading about other experiences with Psyche, even though it's not closely aspecting anything in my chart.

Kerrie

what are the eros and psyche asteriod numbers again? i forgot already, lol...

I have them in capricorn too somewhere... I think late degrees near my Venus.

piscesnurse

Wow this is amazing my eros is on his north node and venus and my north node and uranus his eros is on my sun venus mercury

Kerrie

For other people...eros is 433 and psyche is 16.

I think I should be a celebrity with my eros and psyche placements, hahaha..

I have eros at 19 Cap, Psyche at 23 Cap, and venus at 29 Cap. They are at the head of my kite figuration and conjunct my MC at 27 Cap. I think this placement should say star, lol... but unfortunately... im not... maybe one day. althought not interested in any star like things like acting or singing... well my voice isnt the best. :love: Maybe I might be in star in some capricorn type way... i might need to look at this further...

With my partner, his Psyche conjuncts my Saturn in the 5th, his Eros conjuncts my POF in the 2nd. His venus is at 29 Cap too... so it sits in my kite configuration.

I like that his Mars conjunct my Pluto square my Eros... maybe thats what makes our relationship interesting... lol

Joz

what are the eros and psyche asteriod numbers again? i forgot already, lol...

I have them in capricorn too somewhere... I think late degrees near my Venus.

Here are some love asteroids, and you can find listings on Astrodienst for many more asteroids in the extended chart selection.

Aphrodite: 1388, Valentine: 447,
Eros: 433
Psyche: 16, Amor: 1221, Adonis: 2101, Lust: 4386, Cupido: 763, Nymphe: 875, Casanova:7328, Bacchus: 2063, Amor: 1221

So far, I've seen relevant connections in charts for Bacchus, Adonis, Valentine and Nymphe. With Nymphe, instead of seeing the obvious 'nymphomaniac' side, I've seen instead describing a love for nature - like 'wood spirit' tendencies.

I'd love to hear any feedback!

Joz

For other people...eros is 433 and psyche is 16.

I think I should be a celebrity with my eros and psyche placements, hahaha..

I have eros at 19 Cap, Psyche at 23 Cap, and venus at 29 Cap. They are at the head of my kite figuration and conjunct my MC at 27 Cap. I think this placement should say star, lol... but unfortunately... im not... maybe one day. althought not interested in any star like things like acting or singing... well my voice isnt the best. :love: Maybe I might be in star in some capricorn type way... i might need to look at this further...

With my partner, his Psyche conjuncts my Saturn in the 5th, his Eros conjuncts my POF in the 2nd. His venus is at 29 Cap too... so it sits in my kite configuration.

I like that his Mars conjunct my Pluto square my Eros... maybe thats what makes our relationship interesting... lol

I think the orb needs to be really close for it to show. Also, getting the exact degrees for the angles of the chart, and thus correct aspects, is harder to map out because of unreliability sometimes of exact birth time. Connections to personal planets may be more reliable. But I still look for aspects to the angles anyway...

Last edited:

Lion o ness

I have Eros @ 10Pisces conjunct my Asc (but in my 12th)
I have Psyche at 20Virgo conjunct Vertex/Ceres

Well I know I deeply attracted to Pisces placements. The more Pisces he has the more I want to throw him up against the wall, and just have my way:tongue:
N0 Pisces no fun for me... LOL

Aqua rules my 12th Uranus and Pluto in the 7th..

I have a thing for secret romance's.. I keep my private life extremely private.. I dont even tell my closest friends, about "that" side of me...
Also I change with each guy.. I conform to him.. Usually being opposite of what he is.. If he's aggressive, Im passive.. If he's passive Im aggressive... Even though I personally prefer the male to be more aggressive playing aggressive is fun..

Kerrie

I think the orb needs to be really close for it to show. Also, getting the exact degrees for the angles of the chart, and thus correct aspects, is harder to map out because of unreliability sometimes of exact birth time. Connections to personal planets may be more reliable. But I still look for aspects to the angles anyway...

Yeah I was thinking that asteriods need a 1 degree orb.

My angles are 100%, spent some time in making sure they were correct.

Joz

Yeah I was thinking that asteriods need a 1 degree orb.

My angles are 100%, spent some time in making sure they were correct.

It does seem to shift away if more than 1 degree orb, except I think conjunctions to Sun, which I've seen have relevance with wider orb.

Last edited: