Planet at the end of a house

Nikola

Hello everyone,

I have been quite active in the astrology department for some time, studying my natal and getting to know myself better, but there is always so much to learn. I have recently read somewhere that planets that are 6 degrees apart from a cusp of a house are interpreted as being in that house, would like to see your opinions in regard to my natal chart. I have my Moon conjunct Jupiter in 11th house in Pisces, but they are 4 and 5 degrees from my 12th house cusp, respectively.

Thanks in advance for your time! :D

Last edited:

waybread

I've read "within 5 degrees" but the difference of one degree probably doesn't much matter.

I think this interpretation is true enough, but keep in mind that house cusps will vary depending upon the house system you select. For example, you've used the Placidus house system, but if you cast your chart in whole signs or equal houses, you'll see planets moving around.

Frisiangal

The proof of such ideas is in which house a person experiences the planets as working.

A difficulty in your specific case is that you have the planets in Pisces, with the sign's natural trad. ruler in it. Pisces is the natural 12th sign of the zodiac, and 12th house cusp is late Pisces. Moon is also much more receptive of Piscean 'other worldliness' than in any other sign. So you might feel a 12th house influence more strongly even if it isn't so.
E.g., as mentioned , another house system places Moon-Jupiter firmly in the 11th house and without dual sign rulership/interception affecting the chart.

11th house influences through Pisces would see expression through a community/group setting; a 12th house setting would express the withdrawal from others into a more 'enclosed' world of one's own making.

Using Placidus, one measuring stick is how long it would take the planets involved to move from natal position to reach 12th house.
Jupiter moves through Pisces at approx 14/15 mins. of a degree per day, excluding any retrograde motion. It is 5*47' from 12th house cusp. Using an easy 15' of a degree progressed motion per day calculation (1day = 1 year progressed), it will take over 23 years before it reaches the12th house cusp. Allowing 1* orb for 'pulling power' of following house, it would still be late teens before any 12th house influence could be recognised in one's circumstances.
Can you relate to that at current age?

Moon's motion 12-14 degrees per day = year calculation is more difficult. Yet if 1 degree is taken as approx. 1 month, circumstances might be found that relate to its entering the 12th house. Other calculations in line might reveal something occuring around 4 years of age.

I personally work from the idea that planets are where they are for a reason, and that may not be the same as what man-made rules imply.:smile:

Nikola

The proof of such ideas is in which house a person experiences the planets as working.

A difficulty in your specific case is that you have the planets in Pisces, with the sign's natural trad. ruler in it. Pisces is the natural 12th sign of the zodiac, and 12th house cusp is late Pisces. Moon is also much more receptive of Piscean 'other worldliness' than in any other sign. So you might feel a 12th house influence more strongly even if it isn't so.
E.g., as mentioned , another house system places Moon-Jupiter firmly in the 11th house and without dual sign rulership/interception affecting the chart.

11th house influences through Pisces would see expression through a community/group setting; a 12th house setting would express the withdrawal from others into a more 'enclosed' world of one's own making.

Using Placidus, one measuring stick is how long it would take the planets involved to move from natal position to reach 12th house.
Jupiter moves through Pisces at approx 14/15 mins. of a degree per day, excluding any retrograde motion. It is 5*47' from 12th house cusp. Using an easy 15' of a degree progressed motion per day calculation (1day = 1 year progressed), it will take over 23 years before it reaches the12th house cusp. Allowing 1* orb for 'pulling power' of following house, it would still be late teens before any 12th house influence could be recognised in one's circumstances.
Can you relate to that at current age?

Moon's motion 12-14 degrees per day = year calculation is more difficult. Yet if 1 degree is taken as approx. 1 month, circumstances might be found that relate to its entering the 12th house. Other calculations in line might reveal something occuring around 4 years of age.

I personally work from the idea that planets are where they are for a reason, and that may not be the same as what man-made rules imply.:smile:

Thank you very much for such an in-depth response. Quite informative! I personally would say that I experience Jupiter and Moon in regard to the 11th house matters. Specifically, tons of friends, even more acquaintances, because of the Moon, more females, involvement in organizations and charity. Moon is in Pisces therefore, deep sensitivity and emotional expansiveness while keeping it private and for myself definitely also apply (which could be said to be also a 12th house Moon characteristic).
Anyway, I just wanted to see opinions on this topic, and I would definitely agree that everything has it's own reason for being there. :D

Nikola

I've read "within 5 degrees" but the difference of one degree probably doesn't much matter.

I think this interpretation is true enough, but keep in mind that house cusps will vary depending upon the house system you select. For example, you've used the Placidus house system, but if you cast your chart in whole signs or equal houses, you'll see planets moving around.

I somehow missed your response, was answering from my phone. Yea I definitely understand the differences in house systems, and how they vary quite a bit. Still though, personally with me, 11th house interpretation resonates more. Thanks for your answer. :D