Would this hobby turn into a profitable venture?

moonmoney

I've been toying with the idea of making my own candles, and I wonder if I keep pursuing the hobby, could I turn it into a profitable side-venture by selling the candles I make?

Attachments

• horary.jpg
    horary.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 22

waybread

I think you could, but that it might be difficult.

You are symbolized by Mercury, the moon rules both your emotional stake in the matter and your second money house. The moon applies to a trine with Mercury, but before this aspect perfects, it perfects on opposition to Mars. I would view this as a prohibition.

Mercury is in detriment in Sagittarius, but it is angular, in-sect, and about to change signs, so see whether you can find a new angle on the money-making plans you've been contemplating.

For example, have you done a small business plan? What would your materials cost? Where and how would you sell your candles? How much could you charge for them? Who or what would be your competition? Once you've worked out a business plan, you can ask the same question again in a few months if your circumstances have changed.

Incidentally, in a horary chart, we don't need the aspects to the angles or the non-planetary points except for the part of fortune. It makes the chart harder to read.

Now that the holidays are coming up, are you making candles to give as gifts, or getting booth space at a local Christmas craft fair?

tikana

Id say go for it!!!

Lemme ask u will u need to borrow little money from someone?

Last edited:

moonmoney

Waybread: I don't have a business plan! I am definitely not experienced enough in the craft to go as far as to have a business plan. I just considered starting with this hobby and wondered if it would be something I could make money off of if I worked at it. Starting out maybe selling them to coworkers and friends, see where it goes.Your interpretation was very helpful, thank you! Doesn't seem to be particularly ominous so maybe I'll come back around to it when I have a little more experience with the process to gauge if it's something I'm even going to enjoy. One foot in front of the other, I guess!

Tikana: I don't think I would have to borrow money. I could get started for like $100 but I can see how down the line it could become a more expensive process if I let it (using more advanced ingredients, etc.) I considered borrowing money from my boyfriend or a family member, because starting the process is 100% dependent on having at least 100 bucks entirely disposable, which I don't feel comfortable with at this moment. But that seems like a stupid reason to inconvenience someone else just because I'm impatient. I can wait a few weeks and do it myself. I'm curious as to why you ask!

tikana

mercury rejoins Saturn sitting in 7th house .. Saturn rules 8th ..

I am not outruling Saturn to be a client's money ..
it will start slow but eventually will pick it up as soon as Saturn moves into cappy

so tech speaking sluggish start but it is not too bad