Chat Thread

AquarianRising

Well funny thing is programmers are told to step back analyze the problem and make a move...thats stoics point is..

Exactly. Not so much a Vulcan-esque suppression of emotion so much as a refocusing of it on finding a solution to the problem. It's a very Aquarian/Uranian outlook. Always makes me groan a bit inside when I hear people comment on Aquarians being emotionally detached. If you've ever heard someone with Aquarius strong in their charts argue against astrology, you know first-hand how emotional they can be. What they do is essentially what the Stoics have promoted: a change in emotional tone to facilitate progress and individuation rather than restrict it.

tikana

Exactly. Not so much a Vulcan-esque suppression of emotion so much as a refocusing of it on finding a solution to the problem. It's a very Aquarian/Uranian outlook. Always makes me groan a bit inside when I hear people comment on Aquarians being emotionally detached. If you've ever heard someone with Aquarius strong in their charts argue against astrology, you know first-hand how emotional they can be. What they do is essentially what the Stoics have promoted: a change in emotional tone to facilitate progress and individuation rather than restrict it.

Me loves the way u think

david starling

False, and I think you know that full well. The Sidereal system is based on precession of the equinox. It's the Tropical system that is based on the seasons. Place your focus on your information rather than ego-gratifying "victory" in debate. You diminish your stature when you resort to misinformation.

One astrologer does not speak for the science of astrology. His math is mistaken, as is your own.

The Sidereal system is based on the fixed STARS. The AGES are based on the Precession of the Equinox THROUGH the constellations of the Zodiac. AquarianRising, I've been studying the Ages phenomenon for 40+ years, with an education in Engineering. I wouldn't steer you wrong. I'm not trying to win an argument. I'm just being rational about the Astrological Ages, unlike nearly everyone else. It's a lonely job, but somebody has to do it. :sad:

AquarianRising

The Sidereal system is based on the fixed STARS. The AGES are based on the Precession of the Equinox THROUGH the constellations of the Zodiac.

You are correct that the Sidereal system is based on the positions of fixed stars. Where you err is in stating that the fixed stars are in any way related to our terrestrial seasons. That's the fundamental difference between Sidereal and Tropical astrology: Tropical astrology affixes the beginning of the signs to our terrestrial dates by pinning it to a terrestrial phenomenon, that is to say the seasons. It's a pollution of astro(star)logy(study) with meteor(atmoshpere)logical(study) contaminants. It doesn't enhance astrology to add unrelated factors into the mix, it breaks down the core reasoning. Astrology is a study of the stars, not a study of the stars and seasons.

AquarianRising, I've been studying the Ages phenomenon for 40+ years, with an education in Engineering.

I'm not interested in your seniority. I'm interested in the information you present, and if the information is incorrect, no amount of seniority is going to change that. Some of humanity's greatest minds have been very wrong on some very core topics, so I'm not going to simply assume that any one person is correct about any one thing, including myself. Ideas live or die by their merit alone. (Well, that and the existence or absence fascism.)

I wouldn't steer you wrong.

That's thoughtful of you, but I don't need help thinking for myself. In fact, I find it much easier and more gratifying to do my own thinking.

I'm not trying to win an argument. I'm just being rational about the Astrological Ages, unlike nearly everyone else.

Do you not see the hubris in such a proclamation? It's one thing to be an innovator, David, it's something far removed to make a claim that no other rational being seems to support and then declare others to be irrational or worse when they don't agree with your outlook on a given subject.

It's a lonely job, but somebody has to do it. :sad:

It's only lonely because the path you've chosen is one inconsistent with agreed-upon contemporary perspectives. You just need to find a group willing to ignore evidence. Then you'll have others with which to discuss your "unpopular" views.

Last edited:

AquarianRising

Bioshock is the best game ever!!

I dug the hell outta Infinite, but I could not, for the life of me, get into 1 and 2. The aesthetic was kinda cool, I'm just really not into horror games. Gimme a solid RPG full of heroism and character customization and I'm freakin' set! :biggrin:

AquarianRising

Why do i feel so unintelligent all of a sudden :crying:

Que? Where's that coming from? And why would you let a comparison of cognitive p3nis-sizes put you in a poor mood? Learn to accept and love what you've got or put in the time and effort to improve it, y'know? No sense getting bummed over it. :joyful:

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Its okay ive decided to try and expand my vocabulary....:w00t:
So from now on i may or may not sound like a foreigner on foreign land.

Your kind thoughts are much appreciated, much obliged and you are perplexing.