11th ruler in 11th house

JUPITERASC

Muchacho, I've been wondering about Trump's Chart
not anything about politics
--just a well-known figure who relies heavily on other people's money
first from his father, then from investors.
Nothing wrong with that, but how is his empty Eighth House involved?
It's empty in Tropical, Vedic, Placidus, and Whole-sign.
Interesting
Money is indicated by 2nd house as well :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
As Tony Parsons said in a talk I heard on You Tube once: 'Deconstruction is the only compassion; all else is complicity.' The twelfth house is where we're more compassionate than probably any other house, but we may also be prone to complicity in people's pretensions.

Best wishes

Miquar

Miquar, so nice to see you back on the boards!
I so appreciate your viewpoint and also your continuing to share your thoughts observations about the 12th house, as it plays such a strong part in my natal chart.
I hope this season finds you and yours well and I look forward to reading your posts.
Very kind regards,

Abby83

There are more than thirty different house systems
astro.com has an option of choosing between fourteen of those
:smile:
HOWEVER
Using SOLELY this particular quadrant system then
if the cusp of the 11th house is Virgo
and Mercury is in Virgo
then Mercury is strong

HOWEVER
Cusp of 11th house is Virgo
but
Mercury is in Libra
hence
not as strong

Oh are you saying that cos libra rules 12th and mercury is in libra that my friends are my hidden enemies?

Abby83

Hi Abby. Sometimes when we can't walk away from a challenging relationship of some sort, it's because we want to redeem something from our past by changing the person and the dynamic. We want them to honour something in us to make up for the fact that it wasn't honoured in our childhood.

Twelfth house planets tend to draw us into a sense that life is about doing what others need us to do. But there are other ways to express that, like charity work for example, or working as a helper of some kind. Living those 12th house planets in a more fulfilling way will involve helping others to find true peace or freedom from genuine difficulty - not pandering to people's superficial ego-needs.

As Tony Parsons said in a talk I heard on You Tube once: 'Deconstruction is the only compassion; all else is complicity.' The twelfth house is where we're more compassionate than probably any other house, but we may also be prone to complicity in people's pretensions.

Best wishes

Miquar

Im grateful for your response. I do do this. But find I end up being used in some way. I think I give too much. Im always the one doing the most work. I attract a lot of jealousy from friends and sometimes they blame me fro their own problems. Theyre also quite possessive and im guessing this may be because 8th and 11th rulers are the same?

But im really leaning towards my communication being my self undoing (Saturn, ruler of 3rd in my 12th). I love talking about uncomfortable stuff that works well on social media with others alike, but not with my friends.

Last edited:

miquar

Thank you Ilene. I only find time to come on sporadically these days, but when I do I always notice that you do less psychological and more horary these days and miss your involvement im the kinds of threads I'm drawn to.

Hi Abby. So does this remind you of any family dynamic(s) or did any of your early role models get into similar situations with their friends or colleagues/bosses?

Best wishes

Miquar

miquar

Hi Jup. Not sure how a discussuon on whether Abby was correct in her description of her Mercury and 11th house turned into a discussion on which houses system is best, but anyway, not to worry.

Best wishes

Miquar

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup. Not sure how a discussuon
on whether Abby was correct in her description of her Mercury and 11th house
turned into a discussion on which houses system is best
but anyway, not to worry.
Best wishes
Miquar
There is no discussion on this thread regarding
"which is house system is best"
I simply highlight that
11th cusp being Virgo
12th cusp being Libra
and Mercury is in Libra - not Virgo
then
Mercury is clearly connected with 12th house
Oh are you saying that cos libra rules 12th
and mercury is in libra
that my friends are my hidden enemies?
Libra rules 12th
Mercury is in Libra
clearly
Mercury and 12th house matters are linked

muchacho

Muchacho, I've been wondering about Trump's Chart, not anything about politics--just a well-known figure who relies heavily on other people's money, first from his father, then from investors. Nothing wrong with that, but how is his empty Eighth House involved? It's empty in Tropical, Vedic, Placidus, and Whole-sign.
I don't understand the issue with empty houses. What matters is the house lord. His 8th lord is Jupiter, the lord of plenty, placed in the 2nd, the house of wealth. In vedic astrology, the 2nd house also indicates what you've got from your family as a start. So this would be one possible indicator that he was born into wealth. Also, his 11th lord is placed in the 11th and is also his 2nd lord at the same time.

Abby83

Thank you Ilene. I only find time to come on sporadically these days, but when I do I always notice that you do less psychological and more horary these days and miss your involvement im the kinds of threads I'm drawn to.

Hi Abby. So does this remind you of any family dynamic(s) or did any of your early role models get into similar situations with their friends or colleagues/bosses?

Best wishes

Miquar

I don't really want to get into family issues but come to think of it, my mum has some qualities like my friends. My mum bosses me around and I boss her around but my mum and I like talking about our troubles whereas my friends don't. My parents 'had' an abundant social life (with ppl of same ethnicity) which completely ended when they got divorced. After that no one wanted anything to do with my mum. And aussies just didn't 'get' her. And ppl didn't want to get involved with the dramas. However in my mother's home country they are the best friends ive ever seen. They all love her there like over the top love. Truly the most loyal friends ive ever seen. Ive never seen such good friends in my life. Like when you think of friends, naturally you want ppl who are there for you when you need, just as you are for them. But my mum and I don't find that here in Australia. In the Czech republic, all of our neighbours were friends at every relatives house. We could ask a girl next door if she wanted to go out for icecream and it would always turn into a 'yes.' Here in Australia, it doesn't matter who I ask or how many I ask, ppl are always 'too busy' or have something on and I hear the word no all the time. My mum and I are best friends but we are so over this.

Last edited:

Abby83

There is no discussion on this thread regarding
"which is house system is best"
I simply highlight that
11th cusp being Virgo
12th cusp being Libra
and Mercury is in Libra - not Virgo
then
Mercury is clearly connected with 12th house

Libra rules 12th
Mercury is in Libra
clearly
Mercury and 12th house matters are linked

Thanks for finally clearing that up.

So mercury is a hidden enemy. Good to know.

david starling

I don't understand the issue with empty houses. What matters is the house lord. His 8th lord is Jupiter, the lord of plenty, placed in the 2nd, the house of wealth. In vedic astrology, the 2nd house also indicates what you've got from your family as a start. So this would be one possible indicator that he was born into wealth. Also, his 11th lord is placed in the 11th and is also his 2nd lord at the same time.

Why is Jupiter his Eighth lord? Never mind. I see Pisces is on his Eighth-cusp in Vedic. Also, a Vedic reference source says that Mars makes a very favorable Aspect to his Eighth.

Last edited:

miquar

Jup. Abby said, "I just want to talk about what it's like for me having 11th ruler in 11th house." Her 11th cusp is in Virgo; Mercury rules Virgo, Mercury is in the 11th house; therefore, her 11th house ruler is in her 11th house. I wish you would stop picking flies and interpret a significator for once!

I'd be interested to see your chart (using tropical zodiac) to see why I am getting so irritated by what I am perceiving as your unnecessary pedantry.

Best wishes

Miquar

miquar

Hi Abby. Yes, its not the ideal place to get into childhood stuff. I hope you do get some clarity soon and are able to move forwards. It can be quite handy in a way to have something very concrete from the past to help make sense of current tendencies, but in your case perhaps it is not so straightforward. I would keep the birth chart placements I mentioned in mind, along with any others you feel are also relevant. But then again, sometimes its best to forget all about astrology and let the 'spiritual compass' within show the way.

Best wishes

Miquar

JUPITERASC

Jup. Abby said, "I just want to talk about what it's like for me having 11th ruler in 11th house." Her 11th cusp is in Virgo; Mercury rules Virgo, Mercury is in the 11th house; therefore, her 11th house ruler is in her 11th house. I wish you would stop picking flies and interpret a significator for once!

I'd be interested to see your chart
(using tropical zodiac) to see why I am getting so irritated by what I am perceiving as your unnecessary pedantry.

Best wishes

Miquar
clearly interpretation is dependent on clarity :smile:
and obviously
an 11th House Mercury in Virgo would have been unconnected to 12th house

in this case
an 11th house Mercury in Libra
when 11th cusp is Virgo
and 12th cusp is Libra
even if Mercury is in 11th quadrant house
Mercury is linked with Libra 12th
it's basic astrology

Abby83

Hi Abby. Yes, its not the ideal place to get into childhood stuff. I hope you do get some clarity soon and are able to move forwards. It can be quite handy in a way to have something very concrete from the past to help make sense of current tendencies, but in your case perhaps it is not so straightforward. I would keep the birth chart placements I mentioned in mind, along with any others you feel are also relevant. But then again, sometimes its best to forget all about astrology and let the 'spiritual compass' within show the way.

Best wishes

Miquar

You know what's interesting though? I absolutely love the ppl I write to on social media whether that's this forum, support group or a pen pal. I love the ppl on this forum more than the so called 'friends' ive had here simply because they're always off doing their own thing and I'm usually just standing there not being stimulated in any way. When it comes to this forum you see ppl who want to connect and it's lovely. So if I look at that astrologically id look at the 3rd ruler which is Saturn and it's with me pluto, or in a traditional sense it's in the sign of mar's (me) rulership. It's no wonder.

muchacho

Why is Jupiter his Eighth lord? Never mind. I see Pisces is on his Eighth-cusp in Vedic. Also, a Vedic reference source says that Mars makes a very favorable Aspect to his Eighth.
His Mars is Yogakaraka and his Saturn Vargottama. Currently he is running Jupiter-Saturn-Mars Dasha. Couldn't get any better.

miquar

You know what's interesting though? I absolutely love the ppl I write to on social media whether that's this forum, support group or a pen pal. I love the ppl on this forum more than the so called 'friends' ive had here simply because they're always off doing their own thing and I'm usually just standing there not being stimulated in any way. When it comes to this forum you see ppl who want to connect and it's lovely. So if I look at that astrologically id look at the 3rd ruler which is Saturn and it's with me pluto, or in a traditional sense it's in the sign of mar's (me) rulership. It's no wonder.

And yet all of the people on the forum are off doing their own thing most of the time - but there's an illusion of continuity of attention here because we only see the bit of each other person that is engaged on the forum. And so whereas your friends may get a sense of self-importance by indulging their own business in a way that is in your face, there's no point doing that on here, because we're invisible to one another unless we're paying attention to one another. Not sure exactly where I'm going with this, but it could be that the dynamic you're carrying around inside you - which affects your outer life - is perhaps more likely to show up with actual face-to-face acquaintances, and so this is where it becomes an issue through a tendency to be friends with certain kinds of people. There may be similar people on this forum, and you may be drawn to interact with them, but there isn't the same potential for the issue to come to the fore.

I personally don't put as much store by the ruler of this house being in that house, etc. as some astrologers do. That's not to say I don't think it's valid - I just personally think there is more to be gained by focusing on close aspects, emphases on signs and elements, etc.

Best wishes

Miquar