Can Chiron be overcome?

Animatrix

Has anyone overcome their chironic wound and got healed?
If you for instance have Chiron in the 7th house of relationships, can one be healed and be able to have meaningful relationships?

Some astrologers seem to say that Chiron is a wound that cannot be healed, you only have to learn to live with it. It sounds so depressing...

Give me your thoughts and experiences! :)

waybread

I don't think you can "overcome" a chart factor, but you have some choices to make about it. You can transform it into something positive.

If you stay open to Chiron's wounds, you will gain in wisdom and compassion.

Everyone has Chiron somewhere.

rahu

Banned
Has anyone overcome their chironic wound and got healed?
If you for instance have Chiron in the 7th house of relationships, can one be healed and be able to have meaningful relationships?

Some astrologers seem to say that Chiron is a wound that cannot be healed, you only have to learn to live with it. It sounds so depressing...

Give me your thoughts and experiences! :)

chiron as a wounded healer is all you read about . but this interpretation is straight from mythology. the fact is this is just a small part of the myth of chiron. he is the centaur in the symbol of Sagittarius, so there is much more that this depressing focus.l look to chiron's higher knowledge and his rulership of astrology and healing as being more significant that the dreary wounded healer scenarios,
which get repeated over and over. chiron can be connected to wounds both physical and emotional but these problems heal normally.

I don't even mention chiron's wounded healer epithet when doing a reading. I focus on chirons higher knowledge and incisive intellect.

rahu

Animatrix

chiron as a wounded healer is all you read about . but this interpretation is straight from mythology. the fact is this is just a small part of the myth of chiron. he is the centaur in the symbol of Sagittarius, so there is much more that this depressing focus.l look to chiron's higher knowledge and his rulership of astrology and healing as being more significant that the dreary wounded healer scenarios,
which get repeated over and over. chiron can be connected to wounds both physical and emotional but these problems heal normally.

I don't even mention chiron's wounded healer epithet when doing a reading. I focus on chirons higher knowledge and incisive intellect.

rahu

Ok good to hear.

But one woman whose chart I looked at had Chiron in 3rd house (the house of Communication) and her voice had been permanently injured when she was a mere infant. The surgery resulted in a permanent injury to her voice, which is kind of dry, but not too unusual or strange. No ordinary person will notice it, but she can't sing; and she dreamed of being a singer when she was Little.

I've Chiron in my 1st house, and even though my self-esteem is better now (because I try to live as morally as I can), I still fear that I will never be able to truly love myself and feel equal to others, I Always feel inferior. Always. I am so Young, in my early 20's, so I should perhaps give it more time. But I have a shameful past (I was depressed and lost all my self-esteem and had to rely on others) and somehow I just cannot get over that - that I was a helpless, weakling with paralyzed will Power who were Crying on the floor praying for divine support every night, yet didn't do a thing by myself. I really have been the weakest, most pathetic man imaginable. My father is a macho man and in my family and circle it was absolute taboo to be weak, and to not fight, yet I could not fight when I was down there in the depths of despair. I so wish that I would have that superior strength of will and determination to keep going even in the darkest of darkness; but I hadn't, and perhaps I haven't today either.

Chiron in my 1st house reflects not only as physical injury to me (I hurt myself half intentionally half unintentionally when i was down, though the injury is slowly, slowly healing but can't be sure if I ever will be 100% again) but also a Deep wound to my self-esteem, and to my manhood. I just cannot get the Picture of myself Crying on the floor with a bottle in my hand, out of my head.

I really wish I was a strong man, and perhaps I am today, but I wish I Always would have been. I complain too much.

rahu

Banned
Ok good to hear.

But one woman whose chart I looked at had Chiron in 3rd house (the house of Communication) and her voice had been permanently injured when she was a mere infant. The surgery resulted in a permanent injury to her voice, which is kind of dry, but not too unusual or strange. No ordinary person will notice it, but she can't sing; and she dreamed of being a singer when she was Little.

I've Chiron in my 1st house, and even though my self-esteem is better now (because I try to live as morally as I can), I still fear that I will never be able to truly love myself and feel equal to others, I Always feel inferior. Always. I am so Young, in my early 20's, so I should perhaps give it more time. But I have a shameful past (I was depressed and lost all my self-esteem and had to rely on others) and somehow I just cannot get over that - that I was a helpless, weakling with paralyzed will Power who were Crying on the floor praying for divine support every night, yet didn't do a thing by myself. I really have been the weakest, most pathetic man imaginable. My father is a macho man and in my family and circle it was absolute taboo to be weak, and to not fight, yet I could not fight when I was down there in the depths of despair. I so wish that I would have that superior strength of will and determination to keep going even in the darkest of darkness; but I hadn't, and perhaps I haven't today either.

Chiron in my 1st house reflects not only as physical injury to me (I hurt myself half intentionally half unintentionally when i was down, though the injury is slowly, slowly healing but can't be sure if I ever will be 100% again) but also a Deep wound to my self-esteem, and to my manhood. I just cannot get the Picture of myself Crying on the floor with a bottle in my hand, out of my head.

I really wish I was a strong man, and perhaps I am today, but I wish I Always would have been. I complain too much.

I knowledge the "wounds and accidents" associated with chiron.
one just needs to look to the fullness of chiron's myth instead of this single fear.
if one want to wallow in the darkness then remember Chiron committed suicide.
rahu

Animatrix

I knowledge the "wounds and accidents" associated with chiron.
one just needs to look to the fullness of chiron's myth instead of this single fear.
if one want to wallow in the darkness then remember Chiron committed suicide.
rahu

Yes, but we all commit suicide. It is just that some do it in a flash while others do it slowly.

blackbery

Where is your chart? Does your Chiron make any significant aspects to other planets? You could have a Moon or Sun Saturn square which causes you feelings of low self esteem.
It's prevalent in our society, not feeling good enough.
There is no need to feel shame for being vulnerable and desperate, many of us have been there. Suicide is one of the leading causes of death in this world. It takes courage to reach out and ask for help. More people should do it, especially men since they do not express their feelings openly. I think you are a very brave person. And very wise beyond your years. Please stop reliving this aspect of your life. It's over, move on. Try to living in the PRESENT for the past is gone & cannot be changed.

“And you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it: it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You'll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of others. And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about.”
― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

Animatrix

Where is your chart? Does your Chiron make any significant aspects to other planets? You could have a Moon or Sun Saturn square which causes you feelings of low self esteem.
It's prevalent in our society, not feeling good enough.
There is no need to feel shame for being vulnerable and desperate, many of us have been there. Suicide is one of the leading causes of death in this world. It takes courage to reach out and ask for help. More people should do it, especially men since they do not express their feelings openly. I think you are a very brave person. And very wise beyond your years. Please stop reliving this aspect of your life. It's over, move on. Try to living in the PRESENT for the past is gone & cannot be changed.

“And you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it: it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You'll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of others. And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about.”
― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

My Chiron is conjunct my Ascendant and Sun :/ But I will try to move, and be forgiving towards myself. I try to treat myself as I treat others.

Very nice quote, inspiring, thank you.