Real + Arsenal Founding Dates?

Draco

Hi all,

I wish to experiment with an unusual interpretation technique for the outcome of a match, however, I need the club founding dates of Arsenal and Real Madrid.

All I can find out is that Arsenal were founded in 1886 and Real in 1902. I need dates - a month and a day of official founding for each.

The information must be out there somewhere, I just cant find it. :?

Can anyone help?

Draco :wink:

ADDED:

Aha! Found Real's founding date on DigitalJournal.com:

The Madrid Football Club, as it was first known, was first entered into the register of clubs on 18 April 1902, and the first official match was played in May 1902 on a field next to Madrid's bullring.

18th April, 1902, now just need to find Arsenals.

ADDED:

Found this on Burntra.com:

Following a meeting on 1 December 1886 at the Royal Oak public house, the club was officially formed and the name changed to Royal Arsenal.

So I have found two significant dates for each club, however I'm not sure they are comparable. For Real is is the date of registration and for Arsenal the date of official founding, but if Real were registered on that date it doesn't mean this is when they were founded and if Arsenal were founded on that date, it isn't the same as when they registered.

Preferably I'd like the founding dates for both. What date was Real Madrid officially founded? Surely they had already been founded before they were registered?

Cheers :wink: