destined for financial doom?

scorpika

As for gambling in general (I haven't checked to see if there is a thread on the subject already on this forum), a chart that would be worth studying is that of billionaire/philantropist Theodore Joseph "Ted" Forstmann (February 13, 1940 – November 20, 2011).

I couldn't find his TOB yet, but I'll keep looking. He paid for law school with his gambling proceeds. My hunch is that he knew how to gamble, but perhaps there also indication of luck (and wealth) in his birth chart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_J._Forstmann#cite_note-nytimes1-7

waybread

Skorpika, what line of work are you in now?

Intercepted planets do seem to have a boxed-in quality; but as to whether this effect is more apparent than real, you can run your chart through several quadrant house systems, and see whether the effect persists. Untenanted intercepted signs don't seem to have much of an effect.

Intercepted planets are fairly common. I think you can develop their gifts in the usual way (by considering empowering interpretations,) but just not to be disappointed if they don't seem to reach their full potential. With your partile Neptune-Jupiter sextile, you have some strong imaginative capabilities that you can harness.

If it makes you feel better, just switch over to a whole signs or equal house system, where interceptions are impossible. However, I think their effect is real: just one of those things.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Tell us a little bit about what you do now, what training you have, etc.

Without this, everyone is shooting is the dark. Basically you are looking for a vocational analysis, but at age 41, you should be in a career.

So a little more forthcoming would be helpful.

And what Kannon says about your rounded inaccurate birth time is "spot on".

Last edited:

Kannon

Thank you all for your contributions.

I have a follow-up questions. My H2 and H8 are intercepted. If I'm correct, the energy/quality of intercepted planets is trapped and cannot be fully expressed.

Is there some way a person can overcome this? In other words, can one release the trapped energies?

No.

This is pop astrology misconstruing what interceptions mean. Interception -- widening of houses to include more arc space -- is exactly that, an enlarging, therefore an emphasis. I can show you the validated (fully verified) charts of many successful people and celebrities that show significant interceptions - involving houses and planets. These represent emphasis, not limitation. Expansion in any form always represents greater emphasis, not less.

It is simple, really. If you look for an insist upon constriction, blockage, you will find it. You will throw psychological stones in your path that were not there. If you apply persistence towards what you feel you must do and express energies essential to your life -- persistently -- then you will get where you need to go.

However, your chart is not accurate enough to be interpreting houses. If you are Capricorn rising at all, then the time you are using is not accurate and your Asc is actually many degrees off. I don't interpret houses for rounded times such as 10:30. I can tell you that time is considerably off, not simply because it is rounded, but because I did the necessary preliminary data checks before even answering and purposely excluded house-related information because of that.

kshantaram

Premium Member
come christmas saturn asc lord as well as being lord 2nd for finances moves to sag 11th for gains trine jupiter leo
- may be gains through old friends or old people and saturnine pursuits. saturn significator for employment,

natal asc lord saturn 6th, saturn-ketu 6th prone to job separations, pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-intestine etc

rahu-the node transit libra 9th, pars fortuna over 9th, may be luck through foreign travels, and need for pilgrimage.

ketu separative node transit mars own aries 3rd prone to impulsive actions, pain-injury-surgery-fire accidents impacting arms-shoulders-head, to care. jup leo trine aspect aries protective till mid-015. mars lord 10th for career too.

sun highest planetary deg scorpio 10th flair of the personality, sun-mer scorpio, secretive and sentimental,
research and occult aptitudes, fixed scorpio inimical for cap asc, career under stress-delays.

mars 2nd highest planetary deg factor for vocation over aries 3rd courageous, action oriented, involved with
communication tech, athletics, etc perhaps. mars aspect own scorpio 10th protective of career, research-occult aptitudes.

11th lord jup over acq first house, airy, uncertain, mystic, reformist, teaching-advisory aptitudes and gains through.

venus cap asc charming good-looking personality, cap ambitious and hardworking, asc lord sat 6th calling for extra efforts,
gemini 6th preference for analytical work environments, natal ketu-gemini hyper-analytical, paralysis through analysis perhaps.

venus lord 4th/9th taurus-libra over cap asc, perhaps aptitude for educational event management,
interior decoration, hotel management, artistic aptitudes, electricals-electronics-mechatronics etc

perhaps career and gains through teaching-research-reform-advisory roles in communication technology, astrology, etc although under stress-delays, calling for greater efforts, need to avoid job separations. mars aspecting own scorpio 10th protective of career. mars aries 3rd good at initiative, operations-projects management. moon virgo 8th perfectionist, investigative-research aptitude may be into psychology etc. moon lord 7th for business over 8th prone to losses,
ill health of spouse. mer lord 6/8 over scorpio 10th calling again for greater efforts.

hope venus lord 9th over the asc sustains luck, and jup acq first house protective of the chart,
jupiter trine aspect pars fortuna 9th libra. jupiter lord 11th for gains over first house.

hope come christmas jupiter trine asc lord saturn transit sag 11th brings gains. while rahu transit pars fortuna libra 9th
tends to fortunes through foreign travels perhaps/2nd transit from moon too.

saturn transit sag 11th sq moon however under stress/challenge while jup transit leo 12th from moon.
care for ketu transit mars aries avoiding impulsive actions and risk taking.

hope generic observations-inputs help take stock find helpful reflect further.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement/disagreements.

wishing better times come christmas,

kshantaram

Last edited:

scorpika

No.

This is pop astrology misconstruing what interceptions mean. Interception -- widening of houses to include more arc space -- is exactly that, an enlarging, therefore an emphasis. I can show you the validated (fully verified) charts of many successful people and celebrities that show significant interceptions - involving houses and planets. These represent emphasis, not limitation. Expansion in any form always represents greater emphasis, not less.

It is simple, really. If you look for an insist upon constriction, blockage, you will find it. You will throw psychological stones in your path that were not there. If you apply persistence towards what you feel you must do and express energies essential to your life -- persistently -- then you will get where you need to go.

However, your chart is not accurate enough to be interpreting houses. If you are Capricorn rising at all, then the time you are using is not accurate and your Asc is actually many degrees off. I don't interpret houses for rounded times such as 10:30. I can tell you that time is considerably off, not simply because it is rounded, but because I did the necessary preliminary data checks before even answering and purposely excluded house-related information because of that.

Fascinating!

If I seem to look for limitations or blockages, it's because when astrologers look at my chart, they inevitably end up using those words. So yeah, I have been conditioned in thinking in those terms.

As for my birth time, it is indeed rounded off to the best of my mother's recollection. When I was born, the hospitals in my country were not required to put down the exact time or birth.

Personally, I think I could have been born a few minutes earlier. I do, however, identified as a Capricorn ASC, i.e. serious, mature, solid, dependable, and people seem to perceive me that way too. I'd love to be a Sagittarius ASC, but alas, I'm not jovial at all, though I'm a bit horse-y in appearance. I know I'm throwing a bunch of cook book astrology stereotypes, as I'm still a novice at astrology.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you reach the conclusion that I may not be a Capricorn ASC at all?

scorpika

Tell us a little bit about what you do now, what training you have, etc.

Without this, everyone is shooting is the dark. Basically you are looking for a vocational analysis, but at age 41, you should be in a career.

So a little more forthcoming would be helpful.

And what Kannon says about your rounded inaccurate birth time is "spot on".

My opening post was not a for a vocational reading, although finances are related to income, occupations and career.

JUPITERASC

scorpika;587781 said:
Fascinating!

If I seem to look for limitations or blockages, it's because when astrologers look at my chart, they inevitably end up using those words.
So yeah, I have been conditioned in thinking in those terms.

As for my birth time, it is indeed rounded off to the best of my mother's recollection.

When I was born, the hospitals in my country were not required to put down the exact time or birth.

Personally, I think I could have been born a few minutes earlier. I do, however, identified as a Capricorn ASC, i.e. serious, mature, solid, dependable, and people seem to perceive me that way too. I'd love to be a Sagittarius ASC, but alas, I'm not jovial at all, though I'm a bit horse-y in appearance. I know I'm throwing a bunch of cook book astrology stereotypes, as I'm still a novice at astrology.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you reach the conclusion that I may not be a Capricorn ASC at all?
Because time of birth is always noted AFTER the event
it is not unusual that many times of birth are 'rounded up or rounded down'

also

Different rectification astrologers may have different opinions as to your exact time of birth... :smile:

Physical appearance indications are worth checking out
RON BIPPUS four decades researches on PHYSICAL APPEARANCE and the ASCENDANT
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

scorpika

Intercepted planets do seem to have a boxed-in quality; but as to whether this effect is more apparent than real, you can run your chart through several quadrant house systems, and see whether the effect persists. Untenanted intercepted signs don't seem to have much of an effect.

Intercepted planets are fairly common. I think you can develop their gifts in the usual way (by considering empowering interpretations,) but just not to be disappointed if they don't seem to reach their full potential. With your partile Neptune-Jupiter sextile, you have some strong imaginative capabilities that you can harness.

If it makes you feel better, just switch over to a whole signs or equal house system, where interceptions are impossible. However, I think their effect is real: just one of those things.

As I'm new to astrology, I'm open to whatever system appears to have a close correspondence with what I have been experiencing in life so far. I noticed that some astrologers place great importance in intercepted houses to perhaps explain where some of the difficulties in chart are. But then again, I'm a newbie whose just trying to make sense of a few things. :)

JUPITERASC

By the way
an astrological technique from antiquity
known as the TRUTINE OF HERMES :smile:
also known as the Prenatal Epoch states:

'....Ascendant, or its opposite, at birth, is Moon's position at conception.
"The place of the Moon at conception becomes the birth ascendant or its opposite point."

"But this proved to be but one-half of a very important law,
for while the...
Ascendant at birth was the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch
the Ascendant or its opposite point at this Epoch
was the place of the Moon at birth

....a very remarkable interchange of factors." E.H. Bailey
http://www.amazon.com/The-Prenatal-Epoch-E-H-Bailey/dp/1933303247?tag=viglink22513-20

there are FREE detailed instructions
on precisely how to calculate
the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm

Zarathu

Account Closed
My opening post was not a for a vocational reading, although finances are related to income, occupations and career.

When you find that you are floundering, and you are as old as you are, then we have to begin to wonder if you need more analysis than you are asking for. After all, you indicated that you are a newbie.

You don't go to your doctor with headaches, and when s/he says to you that you have symptoms that indicate something bigger is going on, say that you only want a prescription for headache pills and nothing more.

You have more issues here than your immediate finances. You have broader issues that involve your vocation, your mission in life, and how you are perceiving what the world is offering you.

You can choose to only ask for the headache pills, but they are not going to solve the headache that you really have.

JUPITERASC

by the way
keep in mind that
there are as many ideas on Chart Rectification as there are astrologers

and it is entirely reasonable for each astrologer to have their own opinions

THE CRAFT OF CHART RECTIFICATION
http://www.forrestastrology.com/reso...-rectification

as a newbie you are clearly doing your best to research
and learn how astrology may be of assistance to you

take your time to read, study and process info
and remember
as an old proverb says:
'Rome was not built in a day'
:smile:

waybread

Skorpika, you know enough astrology and have enough life experience to play around with the different house systems, and see which one suits you best. Member Alice McDermott (aka Alice Portman at www.aliceportman.com ) argues that different people respond better to some house systems than to others. Placidus works fine for my chart, but your mileage may vary. If your birth time is rounded, see if you can time some major life events according to planets transiting or progressing into the house that best describes the event. Of just try the whole signs system: many astrologers prefer it.

I think planets in intercepted signs do have meaning, although not untenanted intercepted signs. I've looked at a lot of charts as well. For sure, when you have an extra-wide house in a quadrant system, a transiting or progressed planet within it will simply spend more time there, so the house itself can take on greater significance in the person's life.

I think part of the problem for a planet in an intercepted sign is that the planet that rules the sign effectively loses a house rulership (lordship.) Sort of like a castle without a king. However, anyone with intercepted signs (and they always come in pairs of opposites) also has two pairs of duplicate signs on other house cusps, so I think their rulers get strengthened.

Your duplicate signs are Scorpio and Taurus, which should give Mars (traditional), Pluto (modern) and Venus more say in your chart. Mars is retrograde (which probably makes you very self-critical,) but it is domiciled in Aries; and Venus picks up some steam by being in the first house, so these planets can be helpful to you.

Intercepted planets are fairly common, especially for people born in the UK and Scandinavia (due to their relatively high latitude,) and successful people who have them often play upon other strengths. An intercepted planet isn't a calamity-- just sort of a frustration for an ambitious person, because the planet doesn't quite get the traction we would otherwise expect.

I would think that with your moon intercepted in the 8th (a private sort of house to begin with,) you may find it hard to be emotionally expressive, and then Mercury loses a sign rulership it would otherwise have. But Mercury is a double-axel type of planet, anyhow.

I don't see interceptions as huge problems for people unless the sun is intercepted. Then it can confer a "what am I supposed to be doing with my life?" sort of dilemma.

Last edited:

echosent

This is so true. I had my chart rectified and my house cusps changed. I also have an interception and duplicated signs and when I read the interpretations for the new cusp rulers, it all clicked together. It really is a waste of time and energy to work with a chart that might not be accurate for you. Even a discrepancy of five minutes will alter key placements.

JUPITERASC

This is so true. I had my chart rectified and my house cusps changed. I also have an interception and duplicated signs and when I read the interpretations for the new cusp rulers, it all clicked together. It really is a waste of time and energy to work with a chart that might not be accurate for you. Even a discrepancy of five minutes will alter key placements.
BIRTH TIME RECTIFICATION http://www.martingansten.com/btr.php :smile:

'.....Where a birth time is known only approximately, within 1–2 hours either way,
it is possible to reverse the method of a natal reading and deduce the time of birth from the known events of life.
For this purpose we need a list of 10 or more major events, timed at least to the month (preferably the date) of occurrence.
The more drastic the event, the more useful it is likely to be in rectification work. Examples of such events are:
- serious illnesses, accidents or surgery
- sudden financial gains or losses
- major increases or decreases in social standing
- deaths of loved ones
- etc.
We also need one or more pictures of you, preferably full-length.
You may be asked questions about your health, habits and interests......'

Once the birth time has been rectified, it is possible to order a full natal reading.
If your time of birth is not known even approximately, or if you are mostly concerned with finding the answer to a particular question
or problem, you may consider asking a horary question instead.

waybread

We have to get a grip re: rounded birth times. Probably most of the charts we read are like this. I would suggest that for highly rounded times, the person simply use whole sign houses. The ascendant and MC degrees may be off, but then nobody has to worry about house cusps wiggling around. With a very late or early degree ascendant, some rectification is called for; but usually it isn't difficult to decide between two signs.

Astrologers should also know how to read charts without houses. We lose a lot of data, but then sometimes no houses are safer than houses that may be wildly inaccurate.

scorpika

come christmas saturn asc lord as well as being lord 2nd for finances moves to sag 11th for gains trine jupiter leo
- may be gains through old friends or old people and saturnine pursuits. saturn significator for employment,

rahu-the node transit libra 9th, pars fortuna over 9th, may be luck through foreign travels, and need for pilgrimage.

sun highest planetary deg scorpio 10th flair of the personality, sun-mer scorpio, secretive and sentimental,
research and occult aptitudes, fixed scorpio inimical for cap asc, career under stress-delays.

mars 2nd highest planetary deg factor for vocation over aries 3rd courageous, action oriented, involved with
communication tech
, athletics, etc perhaps. mars aspect own scorpio 10th protective of career, research-occult aptitudes.

gemini 6th preference for analytical work environments, natal ketu-gemini hyper-analytical, paralysis through analysis perhaps.

perhaps career and gains through teaching-research-reform-advisory roles in communication technology, astrology, etc although under stress-delays, calling for greater efforts, need to avoid job separations. mars aspecting own scorpio 10th protective of career. mars aries 3rd good at initiative, operations-projects management. moon virgo 8th perfectionist, investigative-research aptitude may be into psychology etc. moon lord 7th for business over 8th prone to losses,

hope venus lord 9th over the asc sustains luck, and jup acq first house protective of the chart,
jupiter trine aspect pars fortuna 9th libra. jupiter lord 11th for gains over first house.

hope come christmas jupiter trine asc lord saturn transit sag 11th brings gains. while rahu transit pars fortuna libra 9th
tends to fortunes through foreign travels perhaps/2nd transit from moon too.

saturn transit sag 11th sq moon however under stress/challenge while jup transit leo 12th from moon.
care for ketu transit mars aries avoiding impulsive actions and risk taking.

hope generic observations-inputs help take stock find helpful reflect further.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement/disagreements.

wishing better times come christmas,

kshantaram

Dear kshantaram,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my chart.

I can confirm that I tend to prefer analytical and research-oriented tasks. Detailed-oriented Moon in H8, prone to losses most definitely. I also have an interest in the occult, namely true crime and cold cases, but that's more of a hobby of mine.

I have been working mostly with foreigners, and I earned my degrees in another continent. I moved back home but I have always longed to move abroad permanently. This desire is even stronger now that my home country is headed for disaster, but I digress.

I do hope that things will improve, it'd be nice if a some kind of improvement were felt after Christmas time.

Thanks for giving me a ray of hope, kshantaram.

Blessings!

scorpika

Hi all,

I finally managed to get an official document stating by birthtime. It's confirmed to be 10:30 AM. It may be rounded, but I have a feeling that it's not too far off from my actual birthtime. :)