Western or Sidereal?

cl0udmaKer

which do you prefer and which one do you think is more accurate, say anything you got on your mind or just anything you'd like to share with others ok thanks :smile:

dr. farr

There is a great deal to constellational astrology (sidereal) however I am convinced that, for me at least, Western ("tropical") astrology is reliable and effective for all purposes, analytical, predictive, therapeutic. I will add that I have converted several Vedic (mostly Jaimini jyotish) techniques to the Western tropical framework, with very satisfactory results. I believe we can learn a good deal from Vedic (jyotish), but I also believe that our fundamental zodiacal framework (tropical rather than sidereal) is the correct one.

cl0udmaKer

yeah i dont know i think both are useful but i think sidereel is more accurate (for

me atleast) i have very superior brain power if you know what i mean spiritually

and psychologically and sidereel goes deep in heart of you as well as "outside"

and with both these combinations i think it comes out on top. and on top of that

it also goes with the equinox (the shifting of the earth tilting backwards) but

thats just my two cents. if anyone would like to argue with me more about this
id gladly challenge you :biggrin:

dr. farr

What works best for each person is what they should follow. I was greatly impressed by Jaimini jyotish adepts I met at Ponmudi forest (Kerala, India), so I certainly won't argue!

cl0udmaKer

yeah i know i dont really know what that jyish shgalf blah blah blah is but yeah i

defiantly like western too dont get me wrong im not trying to start anything but i

just think sidereel is better :lol:

cl0udmaKer

well from reading your post i can tell your not a sag at all more like a scoprio.

haven't you ever seen and people say that they act nothing like their

signs? it's probably cause thats not their sign, thats so thats also another

reason i believe sidereel is more accurate not just in a psycho analytical frame

but just as a whole thats what i meant by it combines both

psychological and "out". ahh i love talking smart but its only cause you guys are :lol::lol::lol:

Wildezword

I agree. There are plenty of people who don't relate to their Sun signs in Western astrology, but all that means is you start looking at aspects, afflictions and other positions such as the Moon, Ascendant and other planets.

I actually consider myself a better Jyotish/Sidereal astrologer than a Western one. And in my experience, Western astrology is unequaled in its ability to psycho-analyze. You can do it from the Vedic horoscope, but its fairly cryptic.

Nope, I'm not a sidereal Scorpio either. :alien: I'm a Sagittarius in both the Western and sidereal zodiac. :sick:

cl0udmaKer

haha i finally got to the true side of you :happy: but yeah its cool i mean there

is alot of aspects you have to look at to determine an individual from another

thats why i think astrology is so interesting cause its what sets us apart from

one another. now i can tell you your definitely a Sagittarius :sideways:

chris

The Tropical (Western) zodiac is the one used for western astrology. However, looking at both the Tropical and Sidereal zodiac can be a great indicator of something you missed during a Tropical Reading. In the sidereal zodiac, my Ascendant falls under Scorpio. No wonder people see me as mysterious, scary, and penetrating in a way, as well as fun-loving, adventurous, and jovial.

I was very intrigued when I saw this, so I looked at the charts of my other friends under the Sidereal zodiac and I found something different. MY friends Tropical Sun is Sagittarius, and it fits her well. Her sidereal sun falls under Scorpio, and she inherits definite qualities of Scorpio too. ^^ I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but every chart I have looked at under the sidereal zodiac has had this effect.

cl0udmaKer

The Tropical (Western) zodiac is the one used for western astrology. However, looking at both the Tropical and Sidereal zodiac can be a great indicator of something you missed during a Tropical Reading. In the sidereal zodiac, my Ascendant falls under Scorpio. No wonder people see me as mysterious, scary, and penetrating in a way, as well as fun-loving, adventurous, and jovial.

I was very intrigued when I saw this, so I looked at the charts of my other friends under the Sidereal zodiac and I found something different. MY friends Tropical Sun is Sagittarius, and it fits her well. Her sidereal sun falls under Scorpio, and she inherits definite qualities of Scorpio too. ^^ I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but every chart I have looked at under the sidereal zodiac has had this effect.

very interesting! lol my sign stays the same 0.0 but you see what i mean right!! when i first did my sidereel chart it was so much more accurate and i could relate to it so much more :happy:

cocoloco

This is really interesting. I have been seeking the same answers. My sidereal signs include : Sun in Pisces, Moon in Aquarius, and Ascendant in Libra.

My tropical signs include : Sun in Pisces, Moon in Pisces, and Ascendant in Scorpio.

I would have to say I definitely have Pisces qualities and I feel very Pisces. I do not feel Scorpio at all. I am not at all secretive, but I am rather open and social. I smile a lot, and I am a super girly girl. :happy: I like balance in my life and love anything pretty so I am assuming that is my Libra's traits. I am not sure what is Scorpio about me as my Scorpio friend don't think I have any Scorpio at all. She said I am way too trusting and gullible. :whistling: Although, I am ambitious and when I set my mind on something I will accomplish it. (Is that a Scorpio trait? :unsure:) What is interesting was that when I was younger I was rather quiet and did not make friends easily but as I got older I became more social so maybe how you are in regards to your signs changes over time?

Oh appearance wise, as you can see I do not look very Scorpio at all. My eyes are more Pisces like, except when I am angry it becomes Scorpio like according to my boyfriend as he said I look scary. :devil:
dressy1.jpg

cl0udmaKer

im a second decan Gemini which is ruled by venus/libra in sidereel :biggrin: and i fit in with more too like im long and skinny i have long feet and fingers and it matches me almsot exactly.

Aza

Using Stellarium I could see my Sun and Moon right in the middle of Aquarius yet I'm classified as Pisces according to Tropical. I could see how all the other aspects and features of my chart were pieces of me, but the Sun and Moon in Pisces I could not.

Sun/Moon in Aquarius makes much more sense and is something I can connect with, because I've seen various patterns of it in my life.

AstroGod

I have the simplest answer for which one is wrong and which one is right.

All astrology began as sidereal.

I see tropical as an excellent tool for predicition.

The one thing that keeps so many tropical astrologists attached to tropical is the interpretation of aspects.

They're predicitions are scarecly correct because of the very fact that they use aspects/calculations of angles between the planets to the person natal chart.

However the signs that they occupy are incorrect.

I used such a simple method, we all know that science is science.

If I drop an object from my hand to the ground you will believe it has happened because let's face it seeing is believing.

So I used the same method for my ascendant.

In tropical I am a Leo ascendant, so I carefully researched interpretations for that of a Leo ascendant.

Since the ascendant is the mask we wear around new people I simply observed my outer projection around new people.

Seeing no results of a Leo ascendant..

When I am around new people I am very quiet, quite reserved.

Very polite, very polite.

I speak with a soft tone... Cancer ascendant in sidereal.

I then studied the interpretations of my western chart and my sidereal chart only to find out that my sidereal chart acknowledged that my sidereal planetary positions were correct.

One is wrong, one is right.

One cannot say that the tropical planetary positions are correct Just because the predicitions are correct, predicitons are based on the interpretation of aspects not the interpretation of signs.

The difference is 24.5 degrees.

24.5 degrees minus my 16 degree tropical Leo ascendant is 20.5 cancer sidereal ascendant.

So it is because of this OBVIOUS acknowledgement that you really can't beat the power of science.

The tropical clock has literally shifted, few sidereal astrologists have concluded that if anyone is to believe in the planetary positions of the tropical method, they are experiencing an illusion.

I have studied well over 15 sidereal birth charts that are of my closest friends and relatives only to realize the truth.

In my eyes it is madness because thousands of people think they're actual zodiac sign is the tropical one, when it simply is not.

I see that alot of people say tropical works well for them, yes I can see why.

Scary accurate predicitions keep them believing.

I will come across a bit more serious here.. I always follow in my heart and I believe deep down inside my heart that sidereal is Just simply an updated version of tropical.

It's like using an older version of messenger.

I have gone to such great lengths as to amplify the outer projection of my moon sign which is in pisces, scorpio decan, sagittarius dwad, Just so that the tropical astrologists could see the Pisces moon inside of me.

I couldn't believe how they were so oblivious to it, it's like they're trying not to believe in me.

My psychic ability reinforced my sidereal chart times one million.

The only way I could ever possibly convince a tropical astrologist that sidereal is wrong is for them to obeserve me through their own eyes.

But at the end of the day, I can't fix everything.. I can only try.

I ignore the people who refuse to believe me because I know exactly why it is so easy to see that they 'think' sidereal is wrong.

So I don't bother.

But I still try, because my only motivation to prove that sidereal is right because I have such an inner feeling that I want nothing more than for people to realize their TRUE self.

End of the day I'm Just one man putting my needs before others, simple, typical Pisces moon.

You know I shake my head but.. what can I do?

I'll get such TYPICAL replies to this.

Man.. if you people only knew the truth, I know the truth because all I 'seek' is the truth, thanks to my sagittarius dwad.

If you are Just going to try and prve me wrong then you are trying to prove science wrong.

It's Just a never ending pattern, back then people think you were mad if you tried to sail around the world because they thought the world as flat, because they couldn't comprehend the laws of gravity.

Now it's happening again, the day you people comprehend the science of sidereal is the day that you come back to reality.

your first few posts on this forum SCREAM Leo, I want to be centre of attention, and if I don't get if I will have a tantrum, call you all names and be stubbornly obstinate over my stance on sidereal :whistling:

Inconjunct

According to the sidereal zodiac, I am a Sun Aries - so so wrong. The idea that the sidereal zodiac is more "scientific" is nonsense - the actual constellations do not occupy exact 30 degree segments of the sky so the sidereral zodiac is as imaginary as the tropical one

Inconjunct

And yes, I'd agree with astrologer50, there is little in your post, AstroGod, to convince me there's much Cancer or Pisces in your chart :D