Moon in a mute sign ?

Chrysalis

If a significator is in a mute sign (cancer, scorpio, pisces) then i understand that the person in question is maybe not wanting to talk, silent, etc.

But what about when the chart was cast the moon (not being a significator) is in a mute sign, does this still apply to the moon or do we dismiss the moon ?

dr. farr

If a significator is in a mute sign (cancer, scorpio, pisces) then i understand that the person in question is maybe not wanting to talk, silent, etc.
But what about when the chart was cast the moon (not being a significator) is in a mute sign, does this still apply to the moon or do we dismiss the moon ?

Personally I do not apply the oldtime sign allocations, such as mute, hoarse, bestial,quadrapedal,etc, etc, to either natal, horary or mundane delineations.

However, according to oldtime teachings, the quality of the sign (such as mute, bestial, etc) would apply to modify the expression of any planet in that sign.
If in a horary the planet did not play a role as a significator then whatever its "expression" might be, would not come into play in the horary delineation.

Chrysalis

So your saying that because the moon is not a querent/quesited then the fact that its in a water/mute sign makes no difference ?

tikana

Moon is acoruler we ignore the condition of the moon
We dont want main significators to b in watee sins

Chrysalis

Moon is acoruler we ignore the condition of the moon
We dont want main significators to b in watee sins

Interestingly enough tho a chart i cast yesterday regarding contact, moon was in cancer and i had no contact.

There was no aspects or TOL though so was expected....but i just though moon may have had a say in this too.

dr. farr

In Ankara horary, even if the Moon is not a primary significator (of either querent or quesited) it is always a co-significator; however, in the Ankara method, whether the Moon is hoarse, mute, bestial, humane, voiced, bipedal, quadrapedal, etc etc, makes no difference testimony-wise: only the direction of the Moon's flow vis-a-vis primary significators, or the dignified/detrimented situation of the Moon, count as testimonies.

The oldtime sign-quality indications (mute, bestial, etc) might be applicable in regular (mainstream) horary practice, to a significator: thus a significator planet (says its the Moon) if mute, would indicate that whoever (or whatever) is signified by that "mute" significator, would not be able to express itself or communicate its outlook/feelings/intentions, or whatever. I must add that I am not aware of the application of the oldtime sign-qualities (mute, hoarse, bestial etc) in regular (traditional) horary delineative practice.