Will my next move be short or long distance?

freedomlover

My current living situation is not beneficial for me, and I need to move. I want to move back to where I used to live - which is about 450 miles away. However, I'm not sure if this is going to happen without another short-term move first. If so, this move would probably be within 50-100 miles of where I currently am living. Can anyone tell this information by horary? Also, if you can get a timing on it? I guess I'm specifically asking as to when finances will come in - cause as soon as they do - I'm outta here!
Also, can you see any blockages that is hindering the long-term move?
View chart for this question

(If you're having trouble viewing the chart, you'll need to do one of the following, depending on your browser: Click in the upper left hand corner - you should see a little magnifying glass
OR Click in the upper left hand corner - look for orange ball with blue arrows in lower right hand corner of chart - click on the orange ball.)

Okay, my attempt....

My sig is Jupiter, which is retrograde at 10* Sag in the 12th house. Yes, I certainly feel imprisoned where I'm at. My co-sig is Moon at 13* Libra conjunct the MC in the 10th. Yes, there is a certain someone on my mind that lives in the area I wish to move to. My two sigs are sextile. I wasn't really asking about the relationship, but it seems to figure prominently in the chart, so the sig for the other is Mercury, which is at 7* Cancer in the 7th. It loosely squares my co-sig. We are both out of touch with each other, primarily because both of us, I think, lost hope that I'd ever get down there because of my finances.

I think long distance moves are 9th house, so the sig is Mercury, same as his sig. So the sig for moving (my love's sig) is loosely square my Moon sig.
So, then, 3rd house would be short-term moves, and the sig is Neptune, using modern rulers, which is retrograde in Aquarius in the 2nd. Cap is on the cusp of my 2nd, in which Neptune is intercepted. So, my finance house sig is in Saturn in the 8th, which opposed the sig for the short-term move. (Note the asteroid, "House" is in the same house and sign as my finance sig.) Using traditional rulers, the sig for the short-term move is the same as mine- Jupiter(r) in the 12th. Interesting, 3rd house is attached to me, 9th house is attached to him! These are each of our communication sigs, as well.

That's about as far as I can get with it. Would any of you other kind souls like to help me out?

Last edited:

al Nablusi

freedomlover said:
My sig is Jupiter, which is retrograde at 10* Sag in the 12th house. Yes, I certainly feel imprisoned where I'm at.

Not only this. God willing, definitely you are going to move. This is signalled by Jupiter's retrogradation, and by the angles falling in mobile and cardinal signs. Jupiter rx signals that you may have started preparing the move already. The lord of the seventh (Mercury) is the same as the lord of the ninth (Mercury), so I'd rather say long distance move.

Did you - by any chance - move to your current location during Jupiter's ingress into Sagittarius. What began then? Perhaps it may be ending now. Anyhow, watch out for Jupiter's station on August 4.

Late at night here in Europe, I will give a more in-depth reading of this chart tomorrow

freedomlover

Al Nablusi,

Thanks so much for your helpful and speedy reply! That gives me more hope!

You wrote:

Not only this. God willing, definitely you are going to move. This is signalled by Jupiter's retrogradation, and by the angles falling in mobile and cardinal signs. Jupiter rx signals that you may have started preparing the move already. The lord of the seventh (Mercury) is the same as the lord of the ninth (Mercury), so I'd rather say long distance move.

Did you - by any chance - move to your current location during Jupiter's ingress into Sagittarius. What began then? Perhaps it may be ending now. Anyhow, watch out for Jupiter's station on August 4.
I guess my preparation for the move would be my prayers and trying to have faith, and believe that this is do-able. That also describes Jupiter(r) in the 12th, as well, eh?

No, I did not move into my current place at the time of the Jupiter ingress. However, several months of long phone conversations started with the man I've been referring to about that time. Actually, it was a couple of weeks before the ingress. Jupiter was at 27*Scorpio at that time. It was also in the middle of the intense Scorpio stellium that was going on in early November - and the guy is a Scorpio. :cool:

Thinking of the Jupiter cycle.... it went retrograde around April 5th, I think.
Back to that time.... I was realizing I needed to end a relationship in the area I am currently living in. It was a very brief one when I had completely lost hope in the guy 450 miles away. I ended it right after Jupiter turned retrograde. Also, I started having serious car problems, and have been without my car all but 2 weeks since about April 1st. That's one of my biggest issues - getting my car out of the shop and back on the road. It will be about $800 or so.

I look forward to hearing more of your insight on this matter.

Thanks again!

Freedomlover

Last edited:

freedomlover

Al Nablusi,
The lord of the seventh (Mercury) is the same as the lord of the ninth (Mercury), so I'd rather say long distance move.
I got to thinking, with my sig being the same as the short-term move, do you see another in between? Does the Gemini indicate 2 moves? (I don't have anything to pack, really - could be ready to go in a couple of hours.)
I really like your long distance answer, though - it's really where I want to be - with or without him.

sskohli

HI FL,
Nadi is pretty good with these sort of ques, i know u might be a little angry (from my prev posts), but select a number a number between 1 and 249 both inclusive and we will see how it goes.

thanks
sandeep

freedomlover

Sandeep,

You wrote:
Nadi is pretty good with these sort of ques, i know u might be a little angry (from my prev posts), but select a number a number between 1 and 249 both inclusive and we will see how it goes.
Why would you think I'm angry with you???? I hold you in the highest regard! I have been wanting to post some more on your thread, but I've been meditating on some things, and was trying to get some clarity before I posted.

Thank you for your generous offer to help. I pick number 37.:rolleyes:

sskohli

Hi FL,
Actually i have a history of being misunderstood, that coupled with my sarcastic even rude remarks have made a lot of people ignore / repel me.
I thought i did the same for your reply on my thread.
Why would you think I'm angry with you????
I tried PMing you, but your quota is full. Neways your comment has been very re-assuring.
Ok now as per your question
in nadi astrology, 3,9 and 12 are houses for travel
3 means short travel
and 9 and 12 for long/foreign travel.

I guess I'm specifically asking as to when finances will come in - cause as soon as they do - I'm outta here!
As per the current time you are getting 3,9 as well as 6 and 10 for finance. Soi would speculate immediate travel. But the next progression of Jupiter comes along with a lot of 11s meaning gain, so it'd be better to guess after 10th aug (the finances would come in).

Let us know how it goes.
thanks
sandeep
(P.S.=i definitely would want to open a new thread on meditation and i would be grateful if you would contribute in it.)

freedomlover

Sandeep,

Thanks so much for your reply!

You wrote:
in nadi astrology, 3,9 and 12 are houses for travel
3 means short travel
and 9 and 12 for long/foreign travel.
I had never heard of 12th house for long/foreign travel. What is the rationale behind that? I find that interesting, especially since my Jupiter in Sag is sitting in the 12th!
As per the current time you are getting 3,9 as well as 6 and 10 for finance. Soi would speculate immediate travel. But the next progression of Jupiter comes along with a lot of 11s meaning gain, so it'd be better to guess after 10th aug (the finances would come in).
Well, I'd prefer it be sooner, but, hey, I waited this long - August 10th is but a hop, skip, and a jump in comparison! I'm also wondering if that time period doesn't also have some bearing on something else happening besides just the finances. I've got something on that time period before.

By the way, what is "the next progression of Jupiter"?

P.S. I would love to contribute to your thread - don't know exactly what that contribution would be - but I'm sure it would strike me when the time came. And.... I cleared some messages from my pm box a day or two ago.
There should be room for some new ones now.;)

Peace,
Freedomlover

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
This is actually a pretty weird set up for a question. I would think you would move a short distance first since, as you pointed out, Jupiter is both you AND the short move being the Lord of the First and Third houses. So, you and the short move seem to be the same thing. Mercury exalts Jupiter, but Jupiter Detriments Mercury. This makes me think you're good for it, but it's not good for you.

However, what baffles me the most is that Jupiter is the natural significator for long distances...however, since this is a 'Third house/Ninth house which has more common with the first' type of deal, the Third definately has more to do with you than the Ninth, even though it's ruler Exhalts you.

freedomlover

Kaousei,

Thanks for your insight!

You wrote:
However, what baffles me the most is that Jupiter is the natural significator for long distances...however, since this is a 'Third house/Ninth house which has more common with the first' type of deal, the Third definately has more to do with you than the Ninth, even though it's ruler Exhalts you.
That was kind of what I was seeing, but didn't quite know how to explain it. When you said that the 9th's ruler exalts me, the thought came to me that the long distance move is where I want to be and is where I'm supposed to be, but that that might not be feasible without a "pit-stop" somewhere else first. I lost my home due to illness years ago, and am trying to get back on my feet - so it's not like I have a whole household full of stuff to move when I do. I've moved so many times, I can do it in my sleep. :p I just do not do well with the energy where I'm currenly at- it drags me down- although there are worse places I could be. (I just really want to be back home -which is 450 miles away. Sigh.)

Do you see any way of telling what kind of circumstances or place might be the intermediary move? I don't know how to turn a chart for that.

Thanks again!

Freedomlover

sskohli

Hi FL,
You said:
I had never heard of 12th house for long/foreign travel. What is the rationale behind that? I find that interesting, especially since my Jupiter in Sag is sitting in the 12th!
Strange, any vedic astro book, i come across, mentions 12th house for foreign travel/ long distances, that I thought it was an accepted truth.
I don't know about the rationale, 12th house also signifies outcaste or not accepted by society and it is reflected in persons who were expelled from society. (meaning distance).
(Guess i am talking gibberish) Let me research and get back about this.
sandeep

al Nablusi

Hi Freedomlover,

here's my take on this chart

Significators

First house, lord of the first house: chances one has of staying where he is
Fourth house and its lord: one's current abode
Seventh house and its lord: the place one wishes to move to

Method:
1. We compare the dignity of the rulers then,
2. examine their house placement (and aspects)
3. see whether the angles fall in fixed, cardinal or moveable signs
4. Only planets from the Sun to Saturn are used. The extrasaturnians are considered only if they acts as collectors of light, or if they are exceptionally prominent in the chart.

A sample chart I did a while ago for a similar question can be found here

Let's try and see if you're going to move, first.
Where do the angles fall? The angles fall in moveable and cardinal signs. Good. Looks like a move is possible. To obtain further support for this indication, we look at the lord of the first house. The stronger the lord of the first, the higher the chances that you will stay where you are.

The first is ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter is however accidentally debilitated. It is retrograde and in the twelfth house. God willing you will move. You will go back.

Your current residence is signified by Mars at 18° 24' Taurus. Mars is in detriment and peregrine. In a T-square with Neptune and Saturn. It looks like you're not going to spend much time in your current flat, still. The move may take place in a rush (Neptune). Also, how is this flat? Considering the double square Mars receives from Neptune and Saturn - I'd say: small, too hot, messy, problems with the plumbing. But I may be just seeing too much in this chart.

The place you wish to go to. Ruled by Mercury. Mercury's zodiacal condition is not good. At 7° Cancer, Mercury is peregrine. Angular, hence accidentally dignified. The condition of the place you want to go to are however better than the condition of your current apartment.

The Moon is culminating and has just transferred the light of Mercury to Jupiter. Recently (3 days/weeks/months ago) you could have got in touch with the person who lives in the place you really want to move to.

Are there any aspects between the significators? The Moon has already completed the translation of light. There are no aspects by antiscia. Mercury and Jupiter are in non-beholding signs. However, notice how Mercury is received by Jupiter (Cancer is the exaltation of Jupiter). The person living in the place you want to go to would be happy to have you there. But Jupiter is in the sign where Mercury is in detriment. Perhaps something about going there is making you feel uncomfortable.

Short-distance move or long-distance one? See what house is aspected by the lord of the seventh, or where the lord of the seventh has got stronger dignities.

The third house falls in Pisces. It is ruled by Jupiter. You would like a short move. Mercury has got no dignities in Pisces. Cusp trined by Mercury

The ninth house falls in Virgo. It is co-ruled by Mercury. Cusp sextiled by Mercury. Mercury has got far stronger dignities here, so I think that God willing you will move to the place that is farther from your current residence.

Could it be that if you moved to the short-distance place the person living in the other place could be disappointed?

Let me know how things turn out and good luck!

freedomlover

Hey guys! Thanks for your replies. I'm sorry it took so long to post back, but the computer was down.

Sandeep,

You wrote:
Strange, any vedic astro book, i come across, mentions 12th house for foreign travel/ long distances, that I thought it was an accepted truth.
I don't know about the rationale, 12th house also signifies outcaste or not accepted by society and it is reflected in persons who were expelled from society. (meaning distance).
Well, I've hardly read any astrology books, let alone any Vedic ones, so it was news to me! :D However, the meaning you gave makes perfect sense. Thank you!

Al Nablusi,

Thanks so much for your detailed analysis - good notes for me to study!

My first comment..... You wrote:
Your current residence is signified by Mars at 18° 24' Taurus. Mars is in detriment and peregrine. In a T-square with Neptune and Saturn. It looks like you're not going to spend much time in your current flat, still. The move may take place in a rush (Neptune). Also, how is this flat? Considering the double square Mars receives from Neptune and Saturn - I'd say: small, too hot, messy, problems with the plumbing. But I may be just seeing too much in this chart.
NO! You're not seeing too much into this chart! Let me describe where I'm currently living: I'm living with a friend and two teenage boys (since I lost my home due to illness). It is a decent sized home, but is stacked to the gills with clutter and trash. My health won't allow me to do more than a minimal amount of cleaning - and they seem to like living in a pigpen. (I'm a really neat and clean person by nature, so this is really dragging me down - not a neatfreak - just tidy.) On top of this, a couple of weeks ago, the air-conditioner broke down in the hottest part of the summer. And.... neither of the toilets in the house work properly, with sometimes both of them totally clogged for a couple of days, with more being added to it. Did I say nobody in this house has the least interest in being clean? (Again, I do what I can, but just keeping the slime off of everything and a path through the house is a full-time job!)

I don't know how much more "right on" you could be!;)

The place you wish to go to. Ruled by Mercury. Mercury's zodiacal condition is not good. At 7° Cancer, Mercury is peregrine. Angular, hence accidentally dignified. The condition of the place you want to go to are however better than the condition of your current apartment.

The Moon is culminating and has just transferred the light of Mercury to Jupiter. Recently (3 days/weeks/months ago) you could have got in touch with the person who lives in the place you really want to move to.
Regarding the place I want to go to, I need clarification. The place I was referring to as a possible short-distance move is with an old family friend who lives a couple hours away. But that's only to get out of the pigpen.The place I really want to move to is the long distance move, but I don't currently have a place to move to there. I'm just hoping something will come open. I did talk to a friend who asked me to come there when she got moved in to her new place. That was in April. I got an e-mail from her in Mid-June saying that she had moved. I wrote her back, but haven't heard anything more. The last time I talked with the old family friend nearby was the first of May.
The person living in the place you want to go to would be happy to have you there. But Jupiter is in the sign where Mercury is in detriment. Perhaps something about going there is making you feel uncomfortable.
Is this the short or the long-distance move? As to making me feel uncomfortable, I would feel very awkward asking the person in the short-distance move, but I think it is likely they would say yes. As to the long-distance, again, no firm offer, and the friend who did offer keeps almost as dirty a house as the one I'm currently in, but not quite - and there's only one of her!
The ninth house falls in Virgo. It is co-ruled by Mercury. Cusp sextiled by Mercury. Mercury has got far stronger dignities here, so I think that God willing you will move to the place that is farther from your current residence.
But again, no current offer to go in that direction. I'm not sure why this looks so good as the place I'd go to. But I surely hope your answer is right! It's just gonna take a miracle, that's all. :cool:
Could it be that if you moved to the short-distance place the person living in the other place could be disappointed?
Not sure on this one either... although it could have something to do with the guy I spoke of. Maybe I need to do another horary about him. :rolleyes:

Thanks again, and I will keep you posted. I'm always very good to report back on my horary questions.

sskohli

Well, I've hardly read any astrology books, let alone any Vedic ones, so it was news to me!
cool Fl, WOAH...then all the things you say technically, do you say them in a trance or something ??

sandeep

freedomlover

Sandeep,

cool Fl, WOAH...then all the things you say technically, do you say them in a trance or something ??
Something like that ;)...
Naw, not a trance, but I do get alot of the information in meditation. It just comes to me in "downloads". I was taught some additional meanings to current signs and houses this way - especially the polarities and the 3 crosses. I also learned more on the subjects of the signs, especially psychologically, from Jan Spiller's books - "New Moon Astrology" and "Spiritual Astrology". The combination of the information I receive in meditation and Jan Spiller's work is the foundation of what I know about astrology.

I only have one other book, which I just mostly use to look up aspects in. Most of what I learned about technical stuff - dispositors, etc - I learned from taking part in this forum over the last year. I also get information in meditation from time to time about how to tie things together. Often I wake up in the morning and am being shown things in charts. And sometimes I just try things out and see if they work. I used a conglomeration of these in your "Scared of Dogs" thread.

sskohli

Often I wake up in the morning and am being shown things in charts.

wow you are sooo blessed, but i just want to ask...why you? what did you do to get this gift? And can't you try it on yourself, i mean is this just a help the fellow kind of gift?

I am sorry, if this is getting offtopic, and me being intrusive, was just curious that's all.
sandeep

al Nablusi

freedomlover said:
Regarding the place I want to go to, I need clarification. The place I was referring to as a possible short-distance move is with an old family friend who lives a couple hours away. But that's only to get out of the pigpen.The place I really want to move to is the long distance move, (...)
Is this the short or the long-distance move?

You have the chance of moving to two different places. As I understood it, the short-distance move would be quite easy, whereas the long distance move seems impossible. However, this is the place where you really want to move to.

The seventh house signifies the place one wants to go to. I figured this would be the more distant place, rather than the one that is closer. So I took the seventh house as indicating the long distance move.

It may seem impossible, but God willing if the chart was delineated correctly in the end you will move to the long-distance place.

sskohli

The seventh house signifies the place one wants to go to. I figured this would be the more distant place, rather than the one that is closer. So I took the seventh house as indicating the long distance move
Hi
Strange you know in nadi astrology, if a 7th house involvement comes, then the querient travels in some other unpsecified direction.
Say he wants to go to london, either he will go somewhere else midway or on reaching london, he would go to some other unspecified location. That's how we predict when a person hasn't come back or is untraceable.

sandeep

freedomlover

Sandeep,

You wrote:
Quote:
Often I wake up in the morning and am being shown things in charts.

wow you are sooo blessed, but i just want to ask...why you? what did you do to get this gift? And can't you try it on yourself, i mean is this just a help the fellow kind of gift?

I am sorry, if this is getting offtopic, and me being intrusive, was just curious that's all.
sandeep
How did I get this gift? By taking the small trickle I was given to begin with, and working with it day in and day out for years. I have worked with question and answers in my dreams and kept daily journals of all that I receive, honoring the things that come to me by writing them down. It is very important to be aware of the slightest impression that there is something new for you to learn from Spirit. It often comes in such a still, small voice that it is very easy to let it pass unnoticed. But if you "hold on" to these small bits of information - more will be given.

And I do use the information on myself - always on myself before I tell anyone else about it. Unfortunately, part of my learning experience has been to go through the trial I have been going through. I am gradually "learning" my way out of it. One day soon I will receive the last bit of information that will free me to move on.

Peace,

Freedomlover

freedomlover

Al Nablusi,

You wrote:
You have the chance of moving to two different places. As I understood it, the short-distance move would be quite easy, whereas the long distance move seems impossible. However, this is the place where you really want to move to.

The seventh house signifies the place one wants to go to. I figured this would be the more distant place, rather than the one that is closer. So I took the seventh house as indicating the long distance move.

It may seem impossible, but God willing if the chart was delineated correctly in the end you will move to the long-distance place.
You did understand the situation and have clarified it very well. Thank you! I will keep you posted as to how it turns out.

Sandeep,

You wrote:
Quote:
The seventh house signifies the place one wants to go to. I figured this would be the more distant place, rather than the one that is closer. So I took the seventh house as indicating the long distance move
Hi
Strange you know in nadi astrology, if a 7th house involvement comes, then the querient travels in some other unpsecified direction.
Say he wants to go to london, either he will go somewhere else midway or on reaching london, he would go to some other unspecified location. That's how we predict when a person hasn't come back or is untraceable.
Very interesting! -I will keep this in mind and let you know if that is the way it turns out. Thanks again!