Pluto approaching natal Moon & Mars

aquarius7000

As a strong Plutonian - with natal Pluto aspecting both natal Moon and Mars in a square, (or better said in a t-square, as Saturn opposes both the personal planets) what can the native expect when transit Pluto touches Moon and Mars in a conjunction? In the chart, along with Mars trad., Pluto rules the fourth house per mod. astrology, and the personals are placed in the fifth.
For most of us who need visuals to get started/ go deeper, the natal chart is attached.
The aim here is to get to learn from those of you, who have already faced a conjunction of transit Pluto with either natal Moon or Mars; or both. Q: What were your experiences, and what transformations were part and parcel of the package? Q: Also, any views on how you would interpret the implications of transit Pluto hitting natal Moon/Mars, as per their placements in the attached natal chart, are also welcome!!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences! :)aquarius7000

Attachments

• Natal.doc
    94 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Hades

"this transit signifies an extremely powerful emotional change in your life, which can affect your personal surroundings your home and family. the feelings invoked with this transit are raw and urgent"

-that was from Robert Hand's 'planets in transit' -pluto conjunct moon.

um i hate to say this but it could bring about a death in the family... on a subjective level of course.

the pluto conjunct mars is kinda dangerous too. with it being in your solar 12th house i would be careful about being in a dangerous neighborhood.

"it can be a time when you overcome all obstacles and triumph in any area
of your life in which you wish to succeed."
it also mentions your energy level being high and you must release it somehow or you may be a victim of circumstance (bad neighborhoods)

you need to retreat and go hiking the austrian alps or something when this transit hits :eek:

EJ53

Banned
aquarius7000 said:
...The aim here is to get to learn from those of you, who have already faced a conjunction of Pluto with either Moon or Mars; or both. What were your experiences, and what transformations were part and parcel of the package?

Hi Aquarius7000,

Natally, Pluto is one sign ahead of my Moon - so I shall never experience that conjunction. However, transit Pluto to natal Mars occurred throughout the whole of December 2005 to November 2006 :-

Natally, Mars/Pluto jointly rule my Scorpio 3rd house and Mars rules Aries/8th. Mars is in 3rd and Pluto is in Leo/11th. In relation to the transit, Pluto in Leo/11 signified me as the "Head of my family"; Mars/Pluto in Scorpio/3 was my communication style and Aries/8th was the need for me to change.

The transit began in December 2005, leading to an incident where misplaced anger and ego threatened to cause a rift with my son-in-law and family - which was not "laid to rest" until some 15 months after the Pluto/Mars conjunction ended.

EJ:)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Thanks both EJ and Hades for your inputs!

EJ, I am glad that you have been able to patch things up with your son-in-law and the family is 're-united' again. Many times we all let anger and ego get the better of us (regardless of whether or not anger is justified at that moment), and forget how detructive it can be, and just how valuable family is. But sometimes such incidents lead to even closer ties, so I hope that's what it'll all wind up to, in the end, with you & your family:).

EJ, would be nice, if you could give your views on how you'd interpret the tr-Pluto hitting natal Moon/Mars, according to their placements in the attached chart (see starter post for the chart). Sorry, that this wasn't clear from my previous post. I'll put my request more explicitly in that post, right after sending this one off.

Cheers
:)aquarius7000

EJ53

Banned
Aquarius7000 said:
....give your views on how you'd interpret the tr-Pluto hitting natal Moon/Mars, according to their placements in the attached chart (see starter post for the chart).

The Pluto transit will activate the natal Tsquare and Easy Opposition that share the Mars/Moon to Saturn opposition - so, the event will involve those 4 planets + Venus; houses 2/5/7/11; Capricorn and the 4th/8th houses (ruled by Pluto natally/naturally). My guess is it will be a "family thing", similar to my own Pluto/Mars transit but more intense/emotional. And, since the "root cause of the problem" is the Moon/Mars to Saturn opposition, you'll probably be aware already of what needs to change. The good news is that Venus is "in your corner" - the bad news is that Saturn/Pluto are not - the hope is that the progressed chart contains no major "supporting" event that will also be set-off by this transit.

Finally, for information, I've now experienced transit Pluto to every natal planet except Moon and Uranus - and all required me to "change something about myself or have my life changed around me". But, thanks to astrology, forewarned enabled me to be forearmed.

EJ:)

Last edited:

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
As a strong Plutonian - with natal Pluto aspecting both natal Moon and Mars in a square, (or better said in a t-square, as Saturn opposes both the personal planets) what can the native expect when transit Pluto touches Moon and Mars in a conjunction? In the chart, Pluto rules the fourth house, and the personals are placed in the fifth.
For most of us who need visuals to get started/ go deeper, the natal chart is attached.
The aim here is to get to learn from those of you, who have already faced a conjunction of transit Pluto with either natal Moon or Mars; or both. Q: What were your experiences, and what transformations were part and parcel of the package? Q: Also, any views on how you would interpret the implications of transit Pluto hitting natal Moon/Mars, as per their placements in the attached natal chart, are also welcome!!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences! :)aquarius7000
I'm coming into this very late. I think I had wanted to comment before but was not able to open your chart as it is in this thread.

Here's the problem with predicting Pluto transits. First, they are SO long-lasting, and they form exact aspects several times. During the transits, so many other transits come and go, some very good, some very hard.

For example, my Moon is at 17Lib25. On January 10th, 1978, Pluto came very close to my Moon at 16Lib41, right before going Rx. That's significant to me because the Moon is the last of my three Libra planets, all conjunct one another, and at almost precisely that time I was going through my first Saturn return. The last dead-on conjunction was Aug. 26th, 1979, but Jun. 27th, 1980, during Rx motion it came a little less than a degree away again.

SO: What orb do we give the aspect? I felt like my whole soul was ripped to shreds during that period. It's still too personal to talk about. But I don't think that Pluto conjunct any planet, including the Moon, will be that hard for everyone. First of all, with Neptune conjunct Moon, I had managed to lie to myself about many important things, and the self-deception was torn open. Other people experiencing that same Pluto transit will have their "house in order" and may just experience some minor bumps. During this time I also had Uranus conjunct Mars and Neptune conjunct Jupiter. Right now I'm just looking at planets that take more than two years to move through a house, Saturn and on out.

I don't think Pluto will get really close to your Moon until spring of 2011, if I'm not calculating wrong, and it won't really get past Mars until sometime after the summer of 2015. That's a LONG period, and it's way in the future. At one point, somewhere in the middle of this period, you'll also have Pluto opposite Saturn and Uranus square to Saturn and the Moon. If you focus only on that, it's so easy to see only doom and unhappiness.

Because I believe in our own free will to change things, at any time, I don't think any of this predicts anything terrible. I was not rocked by Pluto. The transits just were very symbolic of what I went through, but almost all of it was directly caused by my need to grow or change. Other people are much at better (at the age I was) at dealing realistically and maturely with themselves and the world, so they have very little work to do!

Gaer

aquarius7000

Thanks Jerry and Thanks Gaer for stopping by here to respond, and esp. for showing me the positive side of Pluto as well. It is amazing that sometimes the mind gets so attuned to that what is generally said about something - what I mean is that Pluto is perpetually connected with some sort of doom and destruction, and just seeing transiting Pluto form an aspect in your chart sends shivers down your spine.

Gaer, not only will Pluto go into opp to natal Saturn, but it also forms a square to natal Pluto, and Pluto rules house 4 in the chart...hmmm..., all this while it is in conj with first Moon and then Mars in the natal chart.

Last edited:

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
Gaer, not only will Pluto go into opp to natal Saturn, but it also forms a square to natal Pluto, and Pluto rules house 4 in the chart...hmmm..., all this while it is in conj with first Moon and then Mars in the natal chart.
Right. I saw all that, and we could probably find more "trouble" coming. But it has a huge amount to do with what you focus on.

Why do we focus so much on the hard aspects? Is it possible that we just take the good ones for granted and don't even notice them because nothing bad happens? :)

What about the sextile of Pluto to Uranus?

What about the trine of Neptune to Uranus?

What about that trine of Uranus to Neptune?

Or Pluto sextile Venus?

If you are only looking at conjunctions, it's not so bad. Think of people who have four or five planets packed together.

And if you are looking at all hard aspects, shouldn't you look at all the supporting ones too?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this will be a very "active" time in your life. Surely lots of things will change. Some of them probably are generational, since anyone born more or less when you were will have the same transits to the outer planets, at least close.

But there is too much doom and gloom in astrology. The thing I fear the most is "negative-self-fulfilled prophecy". So many astrologers excel at "proving" that bad things had to happen, AFTER they have happened, by declaring it's all because star A and B were badly aspected in houses C and D, and so on. I call that 20/20 hindsight, so I'm very wary of anything that tends to make me fear the future.

Gaer

aquarius7000

Thanks again Gaer!

You have certainly said the right things. I have learned a lot from your post, and am grateful for it.

Best wishes

psyrens_aurora

i honestly don't remember when pluto conjuncted my mars......i should get an ephemeris out because my mars is 28 scorp (conj 1 sag uranus!) so a transti to that should have been awhile back and, noticable, to say the least because that should have been explosive and crazy! i wasn't studying astrology back then, but i do know that transitting Pluto in a square to my natal MOON conj Sun 24 Virgo (because transitting pluto is at the end of Sag).......totally true......the transitting pluto is conj my natal 4th, (house of the moon), and since december 2006 square my sun & moon. most everything i read about this transit came true, and so far, the current transit pluto conjunct my natal IC::: I DID move, and i DO have power struggles with the person i live with, and i have TOTALLY changed, and everything is so very DEEP and SERIOUS and almost tragic.......powerful pluto brings so much to challenge me.. it is exhausting. but i could have.should have (wouldn't have? because i don't have the choice!!) handled it differently if i'd been STRONGER.. pluto tests how much strength you have to tolerate these tests. i just shut down emotionally which was a little tyrannious and not advisable because it only makes others unbendable, suspicious, and in the end, i had to quit it and learn to develop qualities i don't posess. i tried so hard to get through it without losing myself, but i've lost myself and am out of sync and confused. that's probably the fact my sun and moon are in 12th though! Anyway, having resources will help. But letting go and letting God... that's when you grow!

Last edited:

purplepolaris

in my natal chart, natal moon is in 13 degree sagittarius ( and 7 degree natal jupiter in saggitarius) opposing 5 degree saturn in gemini.between 1999-2001,transiting pluto was conjunted my natal moon in mu first house. there was no death of any member of my family.my mother and me had conflicted in that times. we are good now.:)

Last edited:

MamaMinnee

aquarius7000 said:
As a strong Plutonian - with natal Pluto aspecting both natal Moon and Mars in a square, (or better said in a t-square, as Saturn opposes both the personal planets) what can the native expect when transit Pluto touches Moon and Mars in a conjunction? In the chart, Pluto rules the fourth house, and the personals are placed in the fifth.

Someone is moving... either out, in or away. Expect a new baby, pet, lover; or at the very least someone or something to nurture. Transformation and regeneration of the family life through all of this.

Looks like a new beginning is in store. Congratulations! Although, I do not need to tell you that Pluto beginnings, like all beginnings, do come on the tail of endings. And, already being Plutonian, you know change is generally drastic when Pluto is involved; but all's well that ends well, right?

delilah4

I went through the Pluto/moon conjunction not too long ago. Worst period of my life where I became self destructive. Started to have emotions I never knew before that were difficult to control. I am a strong advocate of logic and putting your emotions aside when you need to think & act logically. Well for the first time in my life my logical mind was at war with my emotional self. I would do things that made no logical sense and then ask myself "why would I do that?" afterwards. Not like me at all. Suffered severe depression unlike anything I had ever known. Felt like I was a different person!

Got involved with a man I never would have during this transit and I cried all the time. To make things worse the emotional support system around me (my friends) suddenly decided not to be there for me at all. Made choices that had consequenses I will never fully recover from. Ofcoarse transiting pluto was most certainly made worse by the fact that my natal moon is opposing my mars- which means that while it was making a stress aspect to my moon it was also making a worse stress aspect to my mars. I often wish I could go back in time and talk to my slightly younger self and prepare her for this transit and how to deal with it. I'd tell her among other things to not pay much attention to astrodienst's take. Unfortunately I did know it was coming before it hit, but I was using the interpretations at astrodienst at the time. Found out the hard way how useless many of their interpretations are because they water every transit down to virtually nothing.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Thank you all for your contributions, which were all very informative.:)

MamaMinnee said:
..Expect a new baby, pet, lover...Looks like a new beginning is in store. Congratulations! Although, I do not need to tell you that Pluto beginnings, like all beginnings, do come on the tail of endings. And, already being Plutonian, you know change is generally drastic when Pluto is involved; but all's well that ends well, right?
Right!:) Yes, there can be a good side to Pluto as well, just like Charm also mentioned in her post (see below). I have often seen Pluto-Moon aspects in connection with pregnancy issues, and house 5 is understandably also involved in some way or the other. I have natal Moon in house 5 (conjunct Mars), and Pluto has just about started with its transit through 5, as already mentioned.
I will let you know how 'fruitful' this transit turns out to be;).
charmvirgo said:
When Pluto made its passage through Sag over my Jupiter and opp my Moon conj Mars, the whole thing was brought properly to the surface where it could be dealt with.
Yes, that's the bright side of Pluto, isn't it? Nothing can remain hidden when Pluto is on its way. Glad that things worked out well for you, in the end, with that flat, despite the stress factor.
delilah4 said:
I went through the Pluto/moon conjunction not too long ago. Worst period of my life where I became self destructive. Started to have emotions I never knew before that were difficult to control. I am a strong advocate of logic and putting your emotions aside when you need to think & act logically. Well for the first time in my life my logical mind was at war with my emotional self...Suffered severe depression unlike anything I had ever known. Felt like I was a different person!
And those are just the kind of things you fear with Pluto passages.

I noticed that during this transit of house five, where Pluto will go conjunct to natal Moon and Mars; it will also go into an opposition with natal Saturn, and in a square to its own natal self (though not in the near future). To top it all, Uranus, transiting the eight house, will also oppose natal Pluto. And all of this sort of chills me and leaves me frozen:eek:. And the worst is that Pluto transits are soooo long:rolleyes:...
But I am still sanguine about the future, you just have to be:).

Cheers

MamaMinnee

aquarius7000 said:
And the worst is that Pluto transits are soooo long:rolleyes:... But I am still sanguine about the future, you just have to be:).

At least you kinda know what to expect and the duration. That is half the battle. Can you imagine the poor souls who do not know astrology and are blind-sided by Pluto??!! I shudder to think....

If it is any consolation to you, I just wrapped up a HUGE Pluto transit to my Virgo stellium for the last decade or two; and EVERYTHING changed... but it's all good... now. Don't worry.

aquarius7000

MamaMinnee said:
..I just wrapped up a HUGE Pluto transit to my Virgo stellium for the last decade or two; and EVERYTHING changed... but it's all good... now. Don't worry.
Thanks, that's sweet of you.

But, out of curiosity, and if you don't mind, in which house is this Virgo stellium placed, and which house does Pluto rule in your chart?

MamaMinnee

aquarius7000 said:
But, out of curiosity, and if you don't mind, in which house is this Virgo stellium placed, and which house does Pluto rule in your chart?

I feel like he rules EVERYTHING! You're Plutonian, so I know you know what I mean.

Actually Pluto rules the 2nd, conjunct the Sun in the 11th, 27-28 degrees (if you are into Sabian, Kozminsky or DeVore). Stellium is in 11th, with Mercury, Mars, South Node, as well.

I know, not angles, but intense nonetheless.

delilah4

aquarius7000[/B said:
I noticed that during this transit of house five, where Pluto will go conjunct to natal Moon and Mars; it will also go into an opposition with natal Saturn, and in a square to its own natal self (though not in the near future). To top it all, Uranus, transiting the eight house, will also oppose natal Pluto. And all of this sort of chills me and leaves me frozen:eek:. And the worst is that Pluto transits are soooo long:rolleyes:...
But I am still sanguine about the future, you just have to be:).
Cheers

I think one of the things that makes a pluto transit positive is to go for transformation instead of trying to hang on to what you have or had. I think that was part of the reason I had such a hard time during mine. If you don't make plenty of transformations pluto will make them for you...and he doesn't negotiate.

Last edited: