Love with foreigners or in foreign land

Moog

Hi Moog,

In relation to Rahu (NN), what particular placement/s (house/sign/aspect) would indicate this?

I have no personal experience with this, but I have read that Rahu in association with or aspecting the 7th house and the 9th and/or rulers thereof.

It would be interesting to look at some charts... can anyone think of celebrities who married foreigners?

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I have no personal experience with this, but I have read that Rahu in association with or aspecting the 7th house and the 9th and/or rulers thereof.

It would be interesting to look at some charts... can anyone think of celebrities who married foreigners?

Thanks Moog!

Yeah it would be interesting to see some examples...I haven't been able to find any celebrities who married foreigners with the above-mentioned indicators...but then, I can't think of that many celebrities! Anyone else?

Moog

If you have any in mind at all, I'd be curious in looking. Indian astrology uses the sidereal zodiac, and I don't like to assume, but many here use tropical.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Well, I thought of a few...

Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
John Lennon and Yoko Ono
Julie Delpy (French actress) married to a German guy I think
Tom Cruise was married to Nicole Kidman (Australian, but I think she was born in the USA)

one more:

Princess Mary of Denmark (Australian) and Prince Frederick of Denmark

Last edited:

Moog

Well, I thought of a few...

Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
John Lennon and Yoko Ono
Julie Delpy (French actress) married to a German guy I think
Tom Cruise was married to Nicole Kidman (Australian, but I think she was born in the USA)

Brilliant, thanks, they'll be a good start.

Don't know why I couldn't think of at least one of those. :sideways:

Judy_AzVirgo

Per Astro Databank, Johnny Depp has Jupiter in Aries in his 9th, Aries on the house cusp. Mars is conjunct Uranus (ruler of 7th) in his First, in Virgo.

Vanessa Paradis' chart gets a DD rating, but on that chart, Cancer is on her 9th house cusp, no planets within; Moon is in Cancer near the 9th cusp (with Koch or another system, it might be inside the 9th).

I have a client who LOVES to travel abroad, has been pretty much all over the globe in 20+ years. She has been involved with several foreigners, as well as several men who are from very different backgrounds than hers... which I would characterize as "foreign", in a way. Her Moon in Libra is in mid-9th house, and Cancer rules her 7th.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Brilliant, thanks, they'll be a good start.

Don't know why I couldn't think of at least one of those. :sideways:

You're welcome!

Just out of interest Moog, as I noticed that on another thread you read my 9th house planets (placidus) as being in the 10th house...do you use whole sign house system?

bittermoon

i wouldn't necessarily study celebrities' charts for this. after all, they tend to travel a lot because of their fame and hang out with other celebrities.

Moog

You're welcome!

Just out of interest Moog, as I noticed that on another thread you read my 9th house planets (placidus) as being in the 10th house...do you use whole sign house system?

Yes. Whole signs. The sidereal zodiac tends to shift things around as well. It makes all the difference when determining houses and rulers and whatnot. In the majority of cases, the ascendant slips back into an entirely different sign.

MaeMae

Banned
i wouldn't necessarily study celebrities' charts for this. after all, they tend to travel a lot because of their fame and hang out with other celebrities.

well sure you can. it would indicate a broader interest in the world.
look at nativities of cross-cultural celeb partnerships and surely you'll find indicators of jupiter and 9th house in their charts. same with business and industry leaders and intellectuals.
while many internationals settle in same country with peers, marry peers, i would guess that the ones who marry/mate/settle into foreign lands is due to jup / 9th.
if someone is willin, chart johnny depp & french partner, living in france.
antonio banderas & melody griffith
princess grace kelly of monaco
queen norr and past jordanian husband.

MaeMae

Banned
also want to add that "intellectualsm" & "street smart" relations are common, as each has a broad outlook and world view, jupiter prominence.
i'm glad for this thread. thanks! because it is helping me understand my 9th house neptune rulership ~ dissolving differences.

bittermoon

I imagine that would also be reflected in the chart somewhere?

yes, i'd imagine that, too. however, it becomes rather 'complicated'. i find it more interesting to study 'regular' people's charts to solve the riddle of loving foreigners :)

Moog

1-25-61
5:03 pm
Long Beach CA
USA

Well I whacked this one in.

In this chart we have Jupiter Ruling the 9th, and Saturn ruling the 7th, both together in the 6th, Rahu aspecting

To read the South Indian chart, you count houses clockwise from 'AS'

The ascendant is Cancer, the 7th is Capricorn, and the 9th is Pisces.

The green squares are houses Rahu aspects.

So that one seems to match the hypothesis. Pretty cool.

I'll look at the other one in a bit.

Attachments

• MaeMae---Foreign-Marriage-1.gif
    MaeMae---Foreign-Marriage-1.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 50

Moog

This one has Virgo Ascending.

The 7th and 9th rulers (Jupiter and Venus) are together, but Rahu does not aspect them.

Still pretty interesting. Need more data :love:

Attachments

• MaeMae---Foreign-Marriage-2.gif
    MaeMae---Foreign-Marriage-2.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 40

Moog

John Lennon.

9th ruler (Mars) is in the 7th (Virgo) with Rahu

I'll probably stop now, for fear of being prosecuted for spamming. :tongue:

Hope this has been of interest.

Attachments

• John-Lennon-1.gif
    John-Lennon-1.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 42

junoisuppose

My parents married foreigners. Both have Jupiter in the 7th, in my mum's case her 7th house is aquarius. My dad was a professional, another manifestation of jupiter but my mum wasn't. Both did well financially out of it.

I have sagittarius on the 4th, ruler of the 7th (neptune) in sagittarius, old ruler of 7th (jupiter) in the 9th and moon in the 9th. I've lived abroad before but presumably going by what other people have said here I've got that coming again in the future, and hopefully with a foreign partner. :smile:

I have more friends who are foreign than from my own country, but I always assumed that was because I have the ruler of the 11th house in the 9th.