Question about Horary Astrology

ilovevenus

I am a beginner at this.

In the Astrologers' Community Guidelines For Starting New Threads on all Horary Astrology Boards says that "Horary cannot provide reliable answers for questions relating to non-verifiable things, matters of opinion or what cannot be proven...There is no way to test the results of these questions so they are not valid horary questions."
However, I read somewhere that one can basically ask any kind of question (even though it is non-verifiable) in Horary Astrology.

The reason I am writing this is that I had a non-verifiable question that I was hoping to get an answer using Horary Astrology.
I wanted to know if my first name has a positive impact on me (a yes or no question). I got the chart, but the ascendant is in 29th degree. In http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/horary_astrology.htm explains: "Having more than 27 degrees of a sign on the Ascendant position indicates that the matter has already come to conclusion, thus the question is no longer relevant."

Does it mean that I should ask the question later? Or does it mean that the question is not answerable? If I'm asking the question wrong, could someone help me ask the question properly?

I want to know if my name (first name and full name) is balanced and correct and in harmony with my birth date.

Thank you!

[moved thread from 'other' to 'technique' section as more views likely and subject is about technique - Modetaror]

Attachments

• question.gif
    question.gif
    54.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:

ilovevenus

That's what confuses me, because I really don't know the answer.
I've researched on chaldean numerology and pythagorean numerology, and both "systems" give me opposing answers regarding my name harmony. That's why I'm asking..

Pan

In my oppinion, in your case the chart tell you that "You've already known the answer by the experience you face since you were born - you do know good or bad for yourself" I feel you should believe in your intuition.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

-the extreme late ascendant indicates the answer is already within you (although you might not be aware of it consciously), however, since I use alternative means, I think the chart shows what that answer is:
-the 3rd trigonal lord of the 9th house shows truth regarding many things, including truth (or falsity) of more esoteric matters (such as the subject of this horary)\
-9th whole sign house is under Cancer; Moon is the 3rd trigonal day lord of Cancer
-the Moon is in a succedent house (the 2nd), which is + testimony
-and most importantly the Moon is in applying conjunction with the highly benefic North Node, which is very + testimony

Also, your ascending sign ruler, Mars, is in its rulership in Aries, and the Moon flows toward Mars (another + indication)

So, I believe these indications point to a yes answer to your question: in a way you already know this because you mentioned that you have read from one of the numerology systems that your name vibration is in resonance with your birth vibration-so this horary says that whichever system indicated to you that your name IS in balance and harmony with the birth time, is the one to accept as true...

BobZemco

In the Astrologers' Community Guidelines For Starting New Threads on all Horary Astrology Boards says that "Horary cannot provide reliable answers for questions relating to non-verifiable things, matters of opinion or what cannot be proven...There is no way to test the results of these questions so they are not valid horary questions."

That is essentially correct.

However, I read somewhere that one can basically ask any kind of question (even though it is non-verifiable) in Horary Astrology.

Not really. Horary is not like Tarot. You're limited to the scope and type of questions you can ask. Basically, there are Questions that you are not allowed to ask; you have no right to ask; and you have no need to know the answer.

You see that quite often. How many people asked, "Will the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Super Bowl?" and the chart said "Yes" and they bet money and lost?

A lot of people lost money betting on the wrong team.

Why did they lose money? Because they had no need to know the answer and no business asking the Question. For their sin, they were punished by losing money (or losing face if they didn't bet money and were walking around with the big head saying the Steelers would win).

That's how it works. Same with Questions about the "Ex." Your "Ex" is your "Ex." The fact that your "Ex" is now enjoying life with someone else is none of your business and you have no right to ask if they will marry or divorce or break-up or whatever. Your punishment for asking that Question is more suffering.

Is your co-worker doing "it" with the Boss? You have no right to ask that Question and no need to know the answer.

However, change that slightly. Suppose your co-worker was after your job and was doing "it" with the Boss to get your job. Now you have a right to ask the Question and a need to know the answer because you are directly affected by what is happening. Your livelihood is at stake here, and the loss of your job could result in financial disaster, because without an income your car may be repossessed or your home foreclosed upon and you may end up in bankruptcy. As an older woman, your career might even be at stake. Being older, you might not ever be hired in your career-field again, and you may have to change careers.

Now your birth chart does come into play here for some questions. If your natal chart says that you will earn money and wealth through gambling or speculative activities, like betting on the stock market, or gold, oil, corn, soy beans and such on the futures commodities market, then you can use Horary to help you choose investments or betting on sporting events.

Even so, there are limitations to that. If your natal chart says you are Lower Class and there is no change, then you're Lower Class and all the gambling and speculation in the world will not advance you to the Middle Class, but at least you'll have some income. So for every Horary Question that leads to a successful gain of money, there'll probably be two Horary Questions that intentionally give the wrong answer to ensure that you cannot earn enough money to escape the Lower Class.

So no, you just can't ask any Question you want just because you feel like knowing the answer to something.

I got the chart, but the ascendant is in 29th degree. Does it mean that I should ask the question later?

No, it means that what ever happened, happened. Neither you nor anyone else can change it, and it also means you know the answer.

Or does it mean that the question is not answerable?

No.

However, the Question is unanswerable for other reasons. For example the Moon in this chart is Void of Course.

Also, I would question whether the chart is Radical. A non-Radical Chart cannot be read. There is one and only one way to determine if a chart is Radical or not, and that is by looking at the Hour Ruler. For this chart, Mercury is the Hour Ruler, so I would say the chart is invalid because it is not a Radical chart.

Because Mercury is the Hour Ruler, Mercury must rule the Ascendant and he does not. Failing that, Mercury must be of the same Triplicity. He is not. Yes, Mercury is a ruler of Air Signs, but Mercury is not the ruler of Air Signs in this chart. This is a Day Chart because Sun is Above Horizon, so Saturn is the Triplicity Ruler of Air Signs.

Failing that, the last thing we look at is Nature. Mercury is Common, meaning he is a Day and Night Planet, and a masculine and feminine Planet, but it depends on who he is with. In this chart, Mercury and Mars are conjunct, so Mercury effectively becomes like Mars.

The Nature of Mars is incompatible with Libra, so it fails the Radical Chart Test.

If I'm asking the question wrong, could someone help me ask the question properly?

I want to know if my name (first name and full name) is balanced and correct and in harmony with my birth date.

I don't see a problem with the way you phrased the Question. Learning how to phrase Questions is a very important part of Horary.

One reason the chart may not be radical, and the Moon Void of Course, and the Ascendant in a late degree is that Astrology is not compatible with a variety of belief systems.

Yes, Astrology is a science, and it is heavily rooted in ancient metaphysics, as well as mathematics, but it is not compatible with numerology, karma, past lives, reincarnation or other silliness. Ptolemy, Dorotheus, and even Manilus were very critical of others who tried to inject belief systems into Astrology. If Ptolemy were alive today, his website would just brutally savage verbally all those pseudo-astrologers engaged in bizarreness. That's why I say if someone starts talking about the Nodes and karma, or Retrograde Planets and your past lives, you need to run far, far away, because those people are not practicing Astrology, they're practicing their personal beliefs and attempting to indoctrinate you.

Anyway, if you want to practice numerology, that's your business, but it isn't compatible with Astrology, and there's no relationship between the two, and that might be what your chart is telling you, since the chart isn't Radical and the Moon is Void of Course.

dr. farr

I of course believe that astrology is compatible with other esoteric areas of macrocosmic analysis, prediction, actions, and I myself have used it in these connections-often with great effect-for many years...but then I am, basically, an esotericist in outlook, and each of us is free to hold (and express) our own opinions about these matters here on this open AW Forum site...

(PS: for me, the Moon is not VC in this chart, as it will perfect a conjunction with the North Node prior to leaving its current sign)

Last edited:

ilovevenus

In my oppinion, in your case the chart tell you that "You've already known the answer by the experience you face since you were born - you do know good or bad for yourself" I feel you should believe in your intuition.

Thank you Pan for your insight, but there's no way I can understand the answer by the experience I faced since birth, because my name is not a birth name but it is a legal name. Things I've experienced in different phases of my life could have been affected by many different elements and it's hard to say that my name energy alone created those experiences.
However, I understand what you are trying to say, to trust my intuition regarding the answer. Thank you.

ilovevenus

-the 3rd trigonal lord of the 9th house shows truth regarding many things, including truth (or falsity) of more esoteric matters (such as the subject of this horary)\
-9th whole sign house is under Cancer; Moon is the 3rd trigonal day lord of Cancer
-the Moon is in a succedent house (the 2nd), which is + testimony
-and most importantly the Moon is in applying conjunction with the highly benefic North Node, which is very + testimony

Also, your ascending sign ruler, Mars, is in its rulership in Aries, and the Moon flows toward Mars (another + indication)
Thank you Dr. Farr for your interpretation! I don't quite get it yet (I'm a beginner), but I'll reference it to learn more about my question and Horary Astrology.

So, I believe these indications point to a yes answer to your question: in a way you already know this because you mentioned that you have read from one of the numerology systems that your name vibration is in resonance with your birth vibration-so this horary says that whichever system indicated to you that your name IS in balance and harmony with the birth time, is the one to accept as true...
I sure hope so! :)

ilovevenus

That is essentially correct.
So no, you just can't ask any Question you want just because you feel like knowing the answer to something.
Yes, I guess I didn't make myself clear about this, but I had known that one can only ask questions regarding oneself. :)

However, the Question is unanswerable for other reasons. For example the Moon in this chart is Void of Course.

Also, I would question whether the chart is Radical. A non-Radical Chart cannot be read. There is one and only one way to determine if a chart is Radical or not, and that is by looking at the Hour Ruler. For this chart, Mercury is the Hour Ruler, so I would say the chart is invalid because it is not a Radical chart.

Because Mercury is the Hour Ruler, Mercury must rule the Ascendant and he does not. Failing that, Mercury must be of the same Triplicity. He is not. Yes, Mercury is a ruler of Air Signs, but Mercury is not the ruler of Air Signs in this chart. This is a Day Chart because Sun is Above Horizon, so Saturn is the Triplicity Ruler of Air Signs.

Failing that, the last thing we look at is Nature. Mercury is Common, meaning he is a Day and Night Planet, and a masculine and feminine Planet, but it depends on who he is with. In this chart, Mercury and Mars are conjunct, so Mercury effectively becomes like Mars.

The Nature of Mars is incompatible with Libra, so it fails the Radical Chart Test.
I'm new at this so I'm not quite sure what you mean yet, but I'll research into this. Thank you so much for your interpretation!

Yes, Astrology is a science, and it is heavily rooted in ancient metaphysics, as well as mathematics, but it is not compatible with numerology, karma, past lives, reincarnation or other silliness.
That's why I say if someone starts talking about the Nodes and karma, or Retrograde Planets and your past lives, you need to run far, far away, because those people are not practicing Astrology, they're practicing their personal beliefs and attempting to indoctrinate you.

Anyway, if you want to practice numerology, that's your business, but it isn't compatible with Astrology, and there's no relationship between the two
I don't agree, but thank you for your insight. :)

ilovevenus

I of course believe that astrology is compatible with other esoteric areas of macrocosmic analysis, prediction, actions, and I myself have used it in these connections-often with great effect-for many years...but then I am, basically, an esotericist in outlook, and each of us is free to hold (and express) our own opinions about these matters here on this open AW Forum site...
I totally agree with you Dr. Farr. I know that astrology and other esoteric/metaphysical areas are compatible and interrelated in many ways.

(PS: for me, the Moon is not VC in this chart, as it will perfect a conjunction with the North Node prior to leaving its current sign)
I'm absorbing a lot of information today. Will look into this. Thank you!

MaeMae

Banned
With the ASC pass 27 degrees means that you already know the answer, and that you are the only one capable of answering the question as opposed to the astrologer

OR it means that you have asked the question to a point of redundancy. Late degree asc. usually indicates an answer that will not be favorable to the querant.

dr. farr

Ilovevenus:

By the way, which of the systems said that your name and birth data resonated? (correct according to my delineation of your horary chart) The Chaldean or the Pythagorean?

Aquarius358

I am a beginner at this.

The reason I am writing this is that I had a non-verifiable question that I was hoping to get an answer using Horary Astrology.
I wanted to know if my first name has a positive impact on me (a yes or no question). I got the chart, but the ascendant is in 29th degree. In http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/horary_astrology.htm explains: "Having more than 27 degrees of a sign on the Ascendant position indicates that the matter has already come to conclusion, thus the question is no longer relevant."

Does it mean that I should ask the question later? Or does it mean that the question is not answerable? If I'm asking the question wrong, could someone help me ask the question properly?

Thank you!

[moved thread from 'other' to 'technique' section as more views likely and subject is about technique - Modetaror]

Hi there -No you don’t have to ask the question later. I most firmly believe that there is no way that the arrangement of the planets are "available" to us to read sometimes and "not available" to us to read at other times. “Late degrees” on the Ascendant does not mean you can’t read the chart. But it will have something to say about the question. The Universe is not discriminatory - the planets in your chart are there because you asked a question at that particular time and created a chart. Every horary can be read - it is a metaphorical statement of the situation - for the querent - when asking he/she asked the question. (The Moon's position in a Horary, by the way, will often reveal what the querent is thinking about.)

On this matter of “technique”, I have found after much practice that I agree with some very renowned horary astrologers that ALL horary charts can be read. Full stop.

THE WAY I WOULD READ YOUR CHART WOULD BE LIKE THIS:

Your question is one that seems to indicate that you feel "out of synch" with yourself in some way. You've isolated your name and d.b. as two factors that you are curious about but we do not have a house ruler to signify your date of birth as something other than you. That's the problem here.

However, we do have 1 ruler to signify you - you and your name - Venus. Of course, we could take 1 ruler to signify you and your d.b. It doesn’t matter. The problem is that the 2nd factor doesn’t have a house ruler to signify it.

Venus is located in the 6th House - an uncomfortable house - just like you at the moment of your question, perhaps? What's more, Venus has just moved into Aries - 0deg59Aries - and is not terribly happy being there. But she is in Jupiter's terms - the greater benefic's Terms, also a masculine planet. Not such a bad place to be you could argue, but she would be happiest to be in her own signs of Taurus or Libra.

I would take the very late degrees on the ASC to indicate that you are on the verge of tipping over into an answer to whatever it is that is troubling you enough to ask a question - something is about to change - and I also suggest that the disharmony or slight discomfort you feel between your d.b. and name is symbolised very well in this horary chart.

Venus, you, is disposited by Mars. You are in Mars' sign, Aries. Maybe you have to take up a self assertive position in some aspect of your life that you don't want to take up. Maybe there is something "masculine" about you that discomforts your "female" self. Only you will know the feelings attached to this. Perhaps it would be helpful if I call them Yin and Yang - and simply say that this is the problem for you - a feeling of your Yin being "out of synch" with your Yang.

In answer to your specific question about the two factors related to you, I would say the simple answer is "no" - but I would suggest you are on the verge of knowing/finding out (hence the late deg ASC).

Because the planet representing you in this chart has thrown up the feminine/masculine contrast, might I also suggest looking more closely at your natal chart to see what balance you have in masculine and feminine planets? There are many ways of objectifying the elements that comprise our personalities. For instance, you might ask yourself what does your d.b. represent to you? How can you objectify it - or give it a "persona" perhaps? If you feel your name belongs to someone else, perhaps then you could find a house ruler in the chart to signify it.

An intriguing question! Thanks for putting it up! _______________

tikana

Aqua is right

hardly ever you toss a chart.

one way you can test out the chart is by looking at the moon and her previous aspect. if theydont make sense, toss the chart

hour agreement is a nice thing to have
but it is not always the case

T

ilovevenus

Ilovevenus:

By the way, which of the systems said that your name and birth data resonated? (correct according to my delineation of your horary chart) The Chaldean or the Pythagorean?

It resonates with the Chaldean system.
I have birth path number 5 and life path number 7 as my personal number. My first name is 36 (not good for someone with a personal number 7), but my full name is number 50 (really great for someone with a personal number 5).

ilovevenus

Thank you so much for your interpretation of the chart!

I would take the very late degrees on the ASC to indicate that you are on the verge of tipping over into an answer to whatever it is that is troubling you enough to ask a question - something is about to change - and I also suggest that the disharmony or slight discomfort you feel between your d.b. and name is symbolised very well in this horary chart.

Venus, you, is disposited by Mars. You are in Mars' sign, Aries. Maybe you have to take up a self assertive position in some aspect of your life that you don't want to take up. Maybe there is something "masculine" about you that discomforts your "female" self. Only you will know the feelings attached to this. Perhaps it would be helpful if I call them Yin and Yang - and simply say that this is the problem for you - a feeling of your Yin being "out of synch" with your Yang.

I've got to say, you touched upon something that's deep.
Your interpretation is pretty close to what I've been feeling these days.
It makes me realize that even though I'm in a way confused about my name/birthday balance and I want to find a yes or no answer to gain "temporary relief" (either good or bad) about my worries and fears, the question that I asked has more to do with me wanting to find a balance in my life.
I do believe that a person's name vibration affects the person's energy, but my name vibration alone might not be what has something to do with me feeling out of touch with my inner and outerself right now.. Something for me to think about.

Because the planet representing you in this chart has thrown up the feminine/masculine contrast, might I also suggest looking more closely at your natal chart to see what balance you have in masculine and feminine planets? There are many ways of objectifying the elements that comprise our personalities. For instance, you might ask yourself what does your d.b. represent to you? How can you objectify it - or give it a "persona" perhaps? If you feel your name belongs to someone else, perhaps then you could find a house ruler in the chart to signify it.

2 masculine planets and 1 neutral planet conjuncts my sun in a masculine sign, and 2 femine planets are in my masculine first house sign. (I have 7 planets in masculine signs and 3 planets in feminine signs).

I think my birthday represents my core self (=sun) and my name represents my outer personality (=ascendant).

An intriguing question! Thanks for putting it up! _______________

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

BobZemco

When I see traditional astrologers making some common sense and not indoctrinating people to their belief system I will look into it further!

Everything I said is supported by texts.

We have the right to ask any question at all.

No, you don't and the texts make that quite clear, of course you would have to read the texts to know that.

You will even judge the people asking the questions, how and in what way it matters to them that they are asking whatever they are...

When the Querent is so silly that he knows not how to ask, nor what he would have

4. Judge not upon every slight motion, or without premeditation of the Querent, nor upon sight and triviall Questions, or when the Querent hath not wit to know what he would demand.

Sorry to embarrass you with quotations from written texts, but there it is.

There are many texts that state plainly that Questions of a frivolous or irrelevant nature should be ignored. It is not a wholly subjective determination, but certainly the least rational person or the most irrational person would never consider any Question to be frivolous or irrelevant.

A lot of people lost money betting on the wrong team.
Yet the guys who rig these competitions by paying large amounts of money to the key players get off scott free?...it certainly appears so!

Not relevant, but I suspect that control freaks would be in everyone's business (while neglecting their own).

Why did they lose money? Because they had no need to know the answer and no business asking the Question. For their sin, they were punished by losing money (or losing face if they didn't bet money and were walking around with the big head saying the Steelers would win).
What if they needed the money for a life threatening operation, or to feed the local homeless people?

So what if they did? Why they needed the money is of no importance whatsoever.

Again, I suggest you read the texts.

What is the Trunk and what are the branches of this tree?

The "Trunk" is the Natal Chart.

For no one is born or asks in a good hour, and under a good and fortunate Ascendant, unless he is fortunate and one whom goods and fortunes are supposed to surround.

And no one is born or asks under an evil and unfortunate Ascendant, unless he is an unfortunate man whom evils and misfortunes are supposed to surround.

Thence we see that certain people are fortunate, certain ones unfortunate.

Everything is tempered by the Natal Chart. If that bothers you, then I suggest you find another method of divination.

As I said, if one's Natal Chart does not show that the Native can earn income through gambling or other speculative activities, then one cannot. That's just how it goes.

If I could earn money through gambling, stocks, bonds or futures trading on the commodities market, do you seriously think I would be sitting here right now?

Hell no, I'd be a millionaire.

But I can't do that because my Natal Chart says I cannot earn money through gambling or speculation. I don't even like gambling. I've never been to a casino and will never go. I don't even play the lotto or play poker just for fun, and if I play Euchre, Hearts, Tunk or Whist, I won't play "nickel a point" or whatever. I don't even like money, which is probably a good thing since my Natal Chart says I will never have a lot of it (I won't even be better off than my parents were).

Some people have the Lot of Fortune well situated, the ruler very strong and fortunated by a Benefic and maybe Jupiter trine the Lot of Fortune and those people will on occasion have good luck and they might actually get some modest winnings betting on sports or at a casino or through the lotto once in a Blue Moon, but other than that, they not get anything.

However if their Lot of Fortune is not well placed, they wont get squat, and it doesn't matter how the money is to be used.

That is astrology.

Is that a "sin"

I live in a part of town where people sell Food Stamps to buy lotto tickets or to shoot dice on the street corners. You tell me.

Of course it's a "sin." It's arrogance, indolence, insolence, a bad use of money and time trying to satisfy an infantile urge; I could think of an hundred reasons.

That's how it works. Same with Questions about the "Ex." Your "Ex" is your "Ex." The fact that your "Ex" is now enjoying life with someone else is none of your business and you have no right to ask if they will marry or divorce or break-up or whatever. Your punishment for asking that Question is more suffering.
What about your children?

What about them? You seem to have a penchant for nit-picking and can't grasp the concept of generalities or distinguish between that which is rational and that which is irrational.

Don't you have the responsibility to ensure that your children are in "safe hands" rather than being subject to a cruel meglomaniac? We have the right, and the responsibility to ask that very question.

Of course you do, and despite your attempt to spin or twist it for whatever strange bizarre ends, I never said, suggested nor implied that one did not or could not.

A rational person would instantly recognize the difference between "What is my 'Ex' doing now?" which is a Question that is frivolous, irrelevant and silly asked only out of selfishness and to satisfy morbid curiosity and "Are my children being physically or sexually abused during visitations with my 'Ex'?" which is a legitimate Question, if asked based on reasonable fears or concerns.

Is your co-worker doing "it" with the Boss? You have no right to ask that Question and no need to know the answer.

What if they are both married, breaking the 10 commandments?

So what if they are?

That's no concern of yours, unless you are God.

So, are you? God?

Strange. We have astrological texts written by the pagan Greco-Romans, Arabic Christians, Arabic Jews, Christian Muslims, Jewish Muslims, Jews, Muslims, Catholics and Protestants (and Jewish Catholics and Protestants) and none of them ever inject their religion into astrology. Seriously, what is so Christian about Lily's Christian Astrology?

And then we have you bringing the 10 Commandments into it.

Congratulations.

However, change that slightly. Suppose your co-worker was after your job and was doing "it" with the Boss to get your job. Now you have a right to ask the Question and a need to know the answer because you are directly affected by what is happening. Your livelihood is at stake here, and the loss of your job could result in financial disaster, because without an income your car may be repossessed or your home foreclosed upon and you may end up in bankruptcy. As an older woman, your career might even be at stake. Being older, you might not ever be hired in your career-field again, and you may have to change careers.
Your going to be affected if your co-worker is screwing the boss, they will get any promotion that comes along, and have the influence to get you the sack!

You're reaching on that one. Regardless of what you might believe, Horary is not a tool to spy on people.

Now your birth chart does come into play here for some questions. If your natal chart says that you will earn money and wealth through gambling or speculative activities, like betting on the stock market, or gold, oil, corn, soy beans and such on the futures commodities market, then you can use Horary to help you choose investments or betting on sporting events.

Even so, there are limitations to that. If your natal chart says you are Lower Class and there is no change, then you're Lower Class and all the gambling and speculation in the world will not advance you to the Middle Class, but at least you'll have some income. So for every Horary Question that leads to a successful gain of money, there'll probably be two Horary Questions that intentionally give the wrong answer to ensure that you cannot earn enough money to escape the Lower Class.
So the gods have "classes"? To be in the high class you have to be ruthless....that kind of makes the claim about asking the wrong questions and getting punished for asking the wrong questions seem kind of.....trivial

What gods?

For a second time, you've corrupted astrology by injecting religion into astrology.

That one has to be "ruthless" to be wealthy is an inherently false premise.

What was the Democrat's argument against the Republicans during debates concerning the Bush Tax cut? It only affects about 350,000 Americans? That is to say only 350,000 Americans earn more than $1 Million per year.

There are 308 Million Americans so 350,000 would represent 0.11% of Americans (which was the whole point of the Democrats -- letting the tax cut on those who earn more than $1 Million expire would affect only 0.11% of the population).

Gosh, if it is so easy to be wealthy, then why do only 0.11% earn more than $1 Million per year?

If it is so freaking easy to be wealthy, to change one's class to the Upper Class, then shouldn't there be at least 1%? You barely have 1/10th of 1%.

That only serves to prove Astrology. Some people are born wealthy, some are not. Some will be elevated from the lower classes to higher classes, perhaps being more wealthy and successful than their parents ever could be (or ever dreamed of being). Others will obtain wealth, and then lose all or part of it. Some who are born wealthy will also lose all or part of their wealth.

And then there are those like Cash Amburgy (and his Big Bargain Barn), who go from rags to riches, and back to rags, to riches and back to rags and then to riches (six times he amassed wealth and then lost it all and had to file bankruptcy), and that is what he was supposed to do. That was his life for better or worse (he was a generous jovial man who lived life to the fullest all the time so I seriously doubt he ever regretted it).

Again, as all texts state in plain ordinary terms, everything is rooted in one's Natal Chart. Horary cannot possibly alter or conflict with what the Natal Chart says (or with what Profections, Solar Returns or Primary Directions indicate).

If someone's Natal Chart says they cannot or will not have children, then Horary will never conflict with that.

Likewise, if two people are not destined to be married or to not marry until a certain time, Horary will not conflict with that either.

I always laugh when I recall the "News of the Weird" article about a woman who wanted so desperately to marry a guy. Her astrologer said she wasn't supposed to marry yet and he was the wrong guy and something bad would happen if she married him. So to prove everyone wrong, she marries him in a civil ceremony (her parents wouldn't pay for the wedding and her friends refused to attend because they all said he was the wrong guy) and as their car enters the highway it's struck by a truck and she dies.

Gotta love astrology.

So no, you just can't ask any Question you want just because you feel like knowing the answer to something.here? So does there have to be a life/death need to ask a question? Is there some sort of censorship issue

Once again:

4. Judge not upon every slight motion, or without premeditation of the Querent, nor upon sight and triviall Questions, or when the Querent hath not wit to know what he would demand.

No, just a legitimate reason (from the point of view of a rational person, not an irrational person who is insanely jealous or has to know everyone's business "just because" or a nutter or one who is grossly immature or one who is seeking to abuse knowledge or engage in acts of a questionable nature).

Seriously, even if you paid Lily or Bonatti or Zael or Masha'Allah $100 Million in gold they wouldn't read 90% of the charts in the Horary section because they are frivolous.

No, it means that what ever happened, happened. Neither you nor anyone else can change it, and it also means you know the answer
If he/she knew the answer he/she wouldn't be here asking

That is simply not true and demonstrates how little you know about Horary.

If you were familiar with Horary doctrine and concepts then you would know that an Ascendant in the late degrees indicates that the Querent already knows the answer to the Question.

I would suggest you actually read Horary considerations. Querent's sometimes ask Horary Questions out of fear, panic, sheer frustration or desperation. The astrologer cannot know that until the chart is cast.

The 143rd Consideration, Is to understand the true method of judging, and by what ways you may come to some result, that you may examine and rightfully discuss the same, and discover the truth of what the stars shall show? And herein there are 14 points to be considered and heeded:

1) Whether the Querent proposes the question really and intentively or not? For if the Lord of the Ascendant and the Lord of the hour be in the same or the Signs wherein those Significators are placed be of the same Triplicity or complexion the Question is serious; but otherwise, if the Ascendant shall be the end of any Sign, the Question is not Radical

; if the later degrees arise, the matter of the Question is elapsed, and it’s probable the Querent hath been tampering with others, or despaires of any successe; however, the Heavens advise you not to meddle with it at that time.

I'm real sorry about your luck.

Generally, when we have an Ascendant in the later degrees, we know the Querent already knows the answer, or that time has passed to the point that nothing can be done.

We then look to the Moon. The Moon in the 12th House, Cadent, Peregrine, or in anyway impaired or impeded shows the Querent to be acting out of fear or desperation in addition to the fact that the Querent already knows the answer to the Question.

This chart is not Radical and not fit to be judged.

Those of us who actually know something about Horary know that there are times when events occur and the Querent has not had time to properly mediate or ponder the Question. We also know that Horary makes an exception to that.

If a parent of the Querent is rushed to the hospital due to an heart attack, and the Querent calls their astrologer to cast the chart and the chart is not Radical, we read it anyway, because of the urgency of the situation.

Horary says you can do that. The texts say you can do that, when there is an urgency to the Matter.

The OP's Question has Zero urgency to it, and the chart is not Radical, so it is not fit to be judged.

Even if we were to reject that, the Moon is Void of Course, meaning nothing will ever come of the Matter. I would say the Querent is wasting their time pondering a useless point.

With the Peregrine Void of Course Moon ruling the MC, I'd even say this has absolutely nothing to do with numerology and everything to do with the Querent not liking their name and is using numerology and Horary in an attempt to validate their belief that they have a reason not to like their name.

Bob, your trying to indoctrinate people into your "belief system" of ancient astrology

Your conclusion is severely lacking in evidence.

I'm familiar with Horary and used quotes from texts. If I would be indoctrinating people, then it is to what is actually written in the texts by the Ancients, unlike you, who provided absolutely no textual support for your baseless conclusion.

misskitty

I've been trying to understand this for what seems like forever, and you finally made a light bulb go off in my head. Thanks for putting that so simply Bob!