Why have so many people had such a bad year in 2012?

zebrafish

I had a really bad time in 2012, and it turns out a great many
of my friends have too. Is there some kind of major yet nasty
transit going on?

For me 2012 started off with getting PTSD and having to quit my job,
then got another one that did not give me as much (part time
on-call) work, but is a better environment. Then in June my b/f
had a stroke, and then in in November our apartment lease was
not renewed, and I had to do the bulk of the work of finding a place and moving because he still tires easily. So I am finally just now having the time in my life to be able to work at that part time job again.

My birth info is:

february 3, 1959
10:34 PM
Los Angeles, CA

But I'm still wondering why it was such a bad year for so many....
and it seems to be on a similar level to what we went through.

zebrafish

PS I mean I was not able to take work in November-December because
of moving. I had a horrible time finding an affordable place to live too because of the dog.

appleberry

Sorry to hear about all of that. I notice as well many people telling me how awful this year was. It was a bad year for me too, but I was looking at my natals + transit for the answers.

Maybe its the slow moving transit of Pluto square Uranus that is affecting everyone?

http://www.thefutureminders.com/Pluto-transits/pluto-square-uranus.cfm

The outer slow moving planets are all connected right now:
Pluto- square Uranus, sextile Neptune/Chiron, sextile Saturn
Uranus- quincunx Saturn, semisextile Neptune/Chiron
Neptune- conjunct Chiron, square Saturn
Saturn- trine Neptune/Chiron

It's worth looking into I think. I'd love to hear some more experienced members opinions.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I love to be in the minority.

It was a wonderful year for me. I had retired the previous year, and I moved to a new place, and have made more friends than in the previous 33 years in my career.

The world is coming down around me, but I never had any control over that in 63 years of life, so why should I let that bother me now?

Neptune Rising

I had an awful year too, so did my mum. It felt like the worst year of my life, and I'm worried about this year too but trying to find a scrap of hope. For me though, I think its been alot to do with Chiron to my Moon, Pluto square Pluto.. Thinking about it, I say 'worst' but its certainly been the hardest, and very painful.

kimbermoon

Saturn in Libra was also disruptive for many in relationships and matters of the heart. It was about learning to gain balance, equilibrium and harmony with others.

bittermoon

2012 was very memorable, in the worst way. i've never felt so hopeless, sad and angry in my life. broke up with bf, lots of financial issues, very little work, constantly exhausted, lots of confusion, lots of tears and horrendous transits (some of them still happening or about to start).

pluto opp. sun
pluto sq. uranus
uranus opp. uranus
saturn conj. moon
saturn sq. mercury
uranus sq. sun
neptune sq. neptune

when i look at my friends, it seems they either had a very good or a very bad year. nothing mediocre.

Kofe

Hello to all! Appleberry is right. Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are responsible for that all over the world. The places of trans-Saturnian planets leads to a crisis, which affecting consciousness (the Saturn). It is a crisis. Remember we had the same crisis around 80 years ago. Life is a cycle. Around 1930-33 Uranus has square with Pluto. Everyone, I guess, knows what happened then. Neptune was entering Virgo, opposing his physical place of Pisces. Today we have events that affect the whole globe as before. The planetary system carries this kind of energy and apply it to our personal horoscopes and affect us in a small or larger way. Neptune enters his natural place, pisces and carries an end of a 164 (164/2=82 years) years cycle. Uranus makes the zodiac circle in almost 84 years, half of Neptune. And Pluto needs 248 years (248/3=82 almost years) to complete a circle around zodiac. By this I am trying to say that every 80-85 years, humanity is in a critical point, and these circles affecting the whole globe. If the world affected of this energy, individuals affected too, as a part of the world. The economic crisis has repeated again. Guess when! The trans-saturnian planets are destroyers and they are trying to create a new space in our lives, in our conscious by destroying the old situations. Now the era is more spiritual than ever (Neptune). Will humanity respond to that or not?

Steven84

I think it is the Uranus and Pluto constelation. Many people forgeting that two planets in aspect make many aspects together pointing at many places in the zodiac. It is clear that the cardinal signs are affected because of squares and opposition. But so are fixed signs, with semisquare and sesquiquadrate. In moment of exact square between Uranus and Pluto people with Sun, Moon or Asc/Dsc in fixed sign going to feel two small squares from these planets too. Those aspects are small but not unimportant, especially if casted by slow moving planets.

Found that out myself two years ago - Pluto quincunx (150°) Moon -> stomach pain out of work stress (Moon in 6th House) and adjustments to my diet followed.

I started a page where I deal with small aspects in a regular report. If you want to check out, first three signs are done:

Aries:
http://www.plutonian-astrology.com/?p=290

Taurus:
http://www.plutonian-astrology.com/?p=295

Gemini:
http://www.plutonian-astrology.com/?p=311

Regards,
Steven

JUPITERASC

I had a really bad time in 2012, and it turns out a great many of my friends have too.

Is there some kind of major yet nasty transit going on?......

......But I'm still wondering why it was such a bad year for so many....
and it seems to be on a similar level to what we went through
There are a number of possible reasons :smile:

(1) 'Bad News' has predictably traveled instantly around the world before 'Good News' has even had time to put any shoes on!

(2) Bad times leave a deep impression, whereas in general good times are frequently all too soon forgotten so if 'something bad' happens on one day of a month, then the rest of the month of reasonably good times pales into insignificance!

(3) We cannot meet everyone of the 7 billion inhabitants of our planet and so we simply do not know of the wonderful year that several billion people had during 2012!

gen6k

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/ckaffileU76pel-u1358829882/astro_32gw_02_anonymous_2013122.18415.5065.gif

well you should be fine after february.

except with sun and venus square saturn
you might develop some type of depression.

this is easier compared to double t-squares.

well the thing about Dragon years

is that things might be unexpected, abrasive, too fast, too loud. since Dragon is about yang type of domination influences.

Dragon is not good for yin types basically.
especially when putting many eggs in one basket (a stellium in solar return)

plus we were experiencing many relational and structural shifts under our feet. things that we thought were there werent available even if its supposed to be common courtesy.

2013 is the year of water snake.
this year is much softer in some sense more slippery and quieter. things can still sneak up on you. this is a better year for yin types. where they can indulge in temporal nostalgic receptions with things as well as study certain things. it has a slightly dangerous vibe, but not in terms of active movement.

there was a peak around august where there were like many people talking about desolation. dragon years lead to more movement, more activity, more animation of desperation, etc.

my 2011-2012 year was horrible, but if you can put your pen down on a sheet of paper during chaos its worth it.

the change from rabbit to dragon is adrupt its like okay were little hobbits then its like oh youre trying to get through that.

black water dragon sounds like alcohol and desolation and aggravated forces.

Last edited:

retinoid

I had a very bad year too and so did a lot of others I know. It may, in mundane circumstances, be the general sluggishness of the economy and wages with increased expenses as well as people feeling frustrated that they cannot do what they want anymore.

Mist Knacker

Although this year was not bad for me, it was not quite as good as some of my better years (e.g. 1999, 2002, 2010). On a 1-10 scale, it would be a 5/10. It was much better than 1996 and 2004, which were my worst years. They were like 1/10's.

Main difficulties this past year were health issues (albeit not major) seemingly popping out of nowhere, not being able to stay on a steady healthy diet & routine, having our main car get wrecked and still not yet getting another one (we didn't have collision on it). There was also quite a bit of good things that went on during the year as well.

I am also glad my progressed Moon has left Aries. It changed signs into Taurus back in the end of this past January. A lot of the problems of this past year happened when my Progressed Moon was going through the last 10 degrees of Aries. My progressed Moon through Aries was overall difficult (beginning after 6 degrees), but the last 10 degrees was hardest. Main reason for this may be the affliction of the cardinal signs (Aries being one of them) by Uranus, Pluto, and Saturn (until early October 2012).

Zarathu

Account Closed
People have a bad year because they are not using astrology!

Astrologers or those who are using astrology have absolutely no reason to have a bad year.

Having a bad year only means that:

a) you are not viewing the difficult events as teachings for you and then learning from them

and

b) you are not using astrology to show where the directed effort should be placed for your year. By use of the 2ndary progressed chart, you can easily see the areas which are going to be most challenging during the 3-5 year period that the chart represents. And then you can use the Tertiary Progressed charts, the Venus Return, the Mercury Return, and Mars Returns to see how things can shape up for you over the 1-2 two year period confronting you

Anyone who is complaining that the last year was a bad year for them, clearly isn't using what God provided them to solve their life's problems.

Simple as that!

knowhow999

I thought astrology was developed by humans?
I had one of the worst years of my life. My best friend since age 17 died in a fire together with his oldest daughter, I lost 3 other dear friends within about 5 months. Saturn is transiting my 7th house and Pluto in my 9th. I feel totally drained.

astro11

I agree there are some years in my memory, late 2010 to mid 2011 was a recent one, that was bad for me at the time. I saw it coming with my yearly predictions and it helped knowing when it would be over. I also mentally tried my best to prepare for it so I could learn the lessons it was here to teach me. Make no mistake, when there is enough planetary pressure, it is psychologically and physically very difficult to deal with and I felt it at a deep level. We are human and understanding astrology does not allow us to escape our transits, we can only alter how we respond to them. I believe everything that happens in life is working together for our highest good; God's ways are higher than our ways and I've learned to trust divine timing. I now appreciate that those experiences were necessary as karmic lessons on my path of spiritual growth. It is also in those tough years that we most strengthen our faith, empathy and overall character. I would challenge those who are having a bad year to dig deep and do a self examination, what can be learned from this experience? I've learned that if you don't pass the lesson the first time, life has a way of making you repeat it until you do.

M

may28gemini

Well, for me, it wasn't too bad, all things considered... I had some fun little adventures. 2012 wasn't a profitable year for me but it was the last year of Libra Saturn and I was finishing off my Saturn's return so that in it of itself is a major GOOD and cause for celebration!

I had decided to get a "regular job" after doing freelance for so long (since 2009) and that reminded me that I hate office jobs and was relieved when my contract ended and I was free. I saw my best friend for the first time in 5 years when she came to visit me, and I made 2 new friends last year which was really nice (friends are VERY hard to come by!) I got out of a really bad living situation with a former roommate and went back to living alone. I realized that I'm not someone who's ever going to be content living with others and like living alone. Three of my friends moved away which saddened me but I'm glad they're happier now. I took my cat on 3 road trips and he did fine. We stayed in little inns/motels and I got rooms with 2 beds so he could have his own. I did quite a bit of traveling and moving last year. But in general, I do a lot of traveling/moving (9th house stellium). Well, at least me traveling was a great energizer.

2012 was a lot better for me than late 2008 to 2011. Those 3 years were really mean to me but I guess it makes sense as 2009 was the beginning of Libra Saturn and I was going through my 1st Saturn's return. Gosh, I'm really super happy I'm over my Saturn's return!!

Last edited: