First meeting chart

Lacu

I am going to meet a person for the first time next 7th May in Berlin ( at about 2 pm.). We met on internet on the 10th of march.
I read something about the the analysis of the first meeting chart. I am not so sure how to interpret it.
It is more important to consider the aspects that the transit planets will have that day or how they aspect natal chart planets?
Can somebady help me in resolving this question? :D

These are my data
L. 20.08.1968 18:50 Rome

Thanks! :D
Lacu

blumen

Hello Lacu,

to me this sounds like an event chart. In the interpretation I would rely on the most simple and factual planetary symbolism. For instance, instead of reading Mercury as intelligence etc., you take it as meaning the nature and quality of the communication between you and the person you have to meet. If you're a man who's going to meet a woman, then read the Moon as her. If you're a woman, the read the Sun as your date. You can get some additional indications by analysing Mars and Saturn as well. Saturn will also indicate if God willing this relationship will last or not, if one of you will be trying to somehow "limit" or "restrain" the other and so on.

Aspects between transit planets will be relevant to the reading of the event chart. Another thing you can do is reading the transits on your natal chart for that date, but in this case you will have to consider mainly aspects the transiting planets will cast to your radix planets,

Blumen

Draco

Hi Lacu,

We met on internet on the 10th of march.

Then be sure to consider a chart for this date as well, as this really was your first meeting, even if not in the flesh.

Blumen,
If you're a man who's going to meet a woman, then read the Moon as her. If you're a woman, the read the Sun as your date.

However, what if this is a man meeting a man, or a woman meeting a woman?

Draco :wink:

blumen

However, what if this is a man meeting a man, or a woman meeting a woman

In this case I would use the Sun (and Mars and Saturn as well) to indicate the partner who plays a sexually active role most of the times, and significators normally used for women for the more passive partner.

Blumen

Lacu

Actually this ia a meeting between two men! :wink:
As regarding the aspects among "masculine" planets on that day:
Sun trine Moon
Sun sextile Mars
Sun opposition Jupiter
Sun sextile Uranus
Sun squared Neptune

Mars sextile Sun
Mars sextile Moon
Mars trine Jupiter
Mars trine Uranus

Saturn squared Mercury
Saturn trine Venus
Saturn trine Lunar Node North

For the aspects among "feminine" planets:
Moon trine Sun
Moon sextile Mars
Moon sextile Jupiter
Moon opposition Uranus

Venus trine Saturn
Venus conjunction Lunar Node North

There are many aspects, which of them are the most important ones?

My radix planet will also have a lot of tight aspects (1-2 degrees) from transiting planets:

Sun transit sextile Moon rdx
Sun transit trine Venus rdx
Moon transit conjunction Mercury/Venus/Jupiter radix
Mercury transit squared Ascendent/Discendent
Venus transit sextile Ascendent, trine Discendent
Mars transit sextile Venus/Jupiter radix
Jupiter transit sextile Venus/Jupiter radix
Saturn transit conjunction Discendent
Uranus transit opposition Venus/Jupiter radix
Pluto transit trine Sun rdx
Pluto transit trine Saturn rdx
Pluto transit squared Uranus rdx

Again a lot of things to consider. Let´s say that I am the "receptive" partner, should I look only to the aspects to my radix Moon and Venus?
Than I have Uranus opposition to my rdx Venus that does not sound too good!! :D

In the case of my friend there are only very few significant aspects:
Sun transit conjunction Saturn rdx (1 degree)
Moon transit opposition Sun rdx (2-5 degrees)
Mercury transit sextile Marcury rdx (1 degree)
Venus transit trine Jupiter/Neptune rdx (1-2 degrees)
Saturn transit trine Jupiter/Neptune rdx (1-2 degrees)
Neptune transit sextile Moon rdx (0 degree)
Lunar Node North conjunction Ascendent (2 degrees)

I would say that the significant ones are the Moon opposition to the rdx Sun and Neptune sextile to the rdx Moon. I do not know how much significant is the Node conjunction to the Ascendent.

Thanks for the help!!!! :D

Lacu

Lacu

We met on internet on the 10th of march.

Then be sure to consider a chart for this date as well, as this really was your first meeting, even if not in the flesh.

On that day there was transiting Venus (acquarius) opposition to the transiting conjunction Saturn/Moon (leo) exactely (less than 1 degree) on the axis Ascendent (Acquarius) descendent (Leo) in my natal chart.
I also had transiting Jupiter trine rdx Moon.
Again in the chart of my friend there are no significant transits, with the exception of Neptune transiting sextile to rdx Moon (1 degree).
Could this mean that this relation is more important for me than for the other person? :D

Lacu

blumen

Again in the chart of my friend there are no significant transits

Are you absolutely sure about this?

with the exception of Neptune transiting sextile to rdx Moon (1 degree).

The Neptune transit may indicate too many things to be worth considering, if it is NOT supported by other transits, both of slow and fast planets.

Are you sure that you've not fallen in love?

should I look only to the aspects to my radix Moon and Venus?

No, you should also consider the Sun, Mars and Saturn as indicating events related to your partner. The rules I would apply in this case are the same rules used in reading female charts, with the only difference that since you are a man the Moon is to be read as an indicator of love and Venus as referring to more casual affairs.

As for the opposition between RX Venus and transiting Uranus, a rule of thumb would be that if you are in a relationship - or married - the relationship may fall apart suddenly because of a new love. Otherwise you may suddenly find yourself in a very stimulating relationship. The only problem would in this case be the stability of this relationship.

Blumen

Draco

Hi Blu,

In this case I would use the Sun (and Mars and Saturn as well) to indicate the partner who plays a sexually active role most of the times

What though, if there is not a partner that plays a sexually active role most of the time? What if it's 50/50? What if the relationship was a platonic one?

Why would you look to the malefics when considering a homosexual relationship?

I think that Venus and Mars, Sun and Moon are the main players, reardless of whether the relationship is heterosexual or homosexual. For example, in a heterosexual relationship, we might look at the woman's Venus and Moon, and the man's Sun and Mars, but why not also look to the Man's Venus and Moon, and the woman's Sun and Mars, to give a more holistic picture?

The same could be said for a homosexual relationship.

Lacu, what is the natal data for the guy you are going to meet in May?

With the event chart, you say you will meet at about 2pm, yet this may not be the case, you could end up meeting earlier or later, even if this is the time that has been arranged. It may even be the case that you meet on a different day. It may be the case, that for whatever reason, you may not in fact come to meet at all.

So really, this event chart would be best looked at in retrospect, once you have already met and noted the date and time.

More interesting than the meeting chart, for now, would be the synastry between you both. This would give an insight into the potential development of the realtionship.

What is his data, and I will post a synastry chart here for discussion.

blumen

What though, if there is not a partner that plays a sexually active role most of the time? What if it's 50/50?

I considered this possibility while replying to Lacu, but then came to the conclusion - based also on the confidences of three homosexual friends of mine, that as most of the times there is a certain difference in the numbr of times one plays an active vis a vis a passive role I would stick to the active/passive dichotomy no matter how conventional it may seem.

What if the relationship was a platonic one?

Platonic relationships are quite hard to find. In any case the two parties in a platonic relationship have their own sexual preferences, and the chart must be judged in a way that takes into account differences in sexual tastes/roles as well.

Why would you look to the malefics when considering a homosexual relationship?

Mars and Saturns are "malefics" in horary astrology, because the techniques we use today are still strongly indebted to ancient and medieval astrology. Also interpretation of horary charts is much more factual than interpretation of transits and of natal charts. In natal astrology Mars and Saturn have a more subtle meaning. In a woman's chart - or in the chart of anybody who likes man regardless of his/her sex, Mars, Saturn and the Sun represent three different sides of the male figure, of men in general. Sexual and erotic symbolism is more pronounced in the case of Mars, while Saturn represents men as a source of stability, somebody you can rely on to get emotional support, psychological and material stability etc. (In a male chart this role is played by the Moon, particularly if the native's moon is in water signs)
The choice of planets to look at is not entirely mine, I borrowed some ideas from Stephen Arroyo and others and adapted them to my style of interpretation.

Blumen

Lacu

Hi Blumen,
thanks for your comments!! :D

Again in the chart of my friend there are no significant transits
Are you absolutely sure about this?
with the exception of Neptune transiting sextile to rdx Moon (1 degree).
The Neptune transit may indicate too many things to be worth considering, if it is NOT supported by other transits, both of slow and fast planets.

I am quite sure, transit Neptune sextile rx moon, rx mars (3 degrees) and squared rx saturn (2 degrees). The other aspects are all on slow planets and I do not think are significant, but it may be I miss something. You can have a look if you want, the data are m. 28th february 1971, 7:45 am, Munich.
Only if I look at the transit on his progressed chart than the aspects are many.....I do not know whether this is meaningfull!

Are you sure that you've not fallen in love?
Probably, but I try to be realistic, it is difficult but I have to......... :D

Ciao!
Lacu

Lacu

Hi Draco!

In this case I would use the Sun (and Mars and Saturn as well) to indicate the partner who plays a sexually active role most of the times
What though, if there is not a partner that plays a sexually active role most of the time? What if it's 50/50?
I agree with you that in most of the cases there are no clear roles in homosexual relationships, and therefore I would consider both sun and mars moon and venus in a reciprocal way. In some cases (as my case), however, there are clear roles and one partner is acting as a dominant one, both sexuallly and in the normal life. In this case, as well as for heterosexual relationships, I think we have to make a distinction and look first "Man´s" Sun or mars to "woman´s" moon and venus. In case of a lack of significant aspects we could also look in the other way around as you said.

Lacu, what is the natal data for the guy you are going to meet in May?
m. 28th february 1971, 7:45 am, Munich.
My is l. 20th august 1968, 18:50, Rome.
The synastry is always complicated for me, too many aspects and I cannot find the major ones. I have to say that I am not objective as well when I look at things which are involving myself...... :D
If you can have a look at our synastry, I will be grateful to you!!! :D

With the event chart, you say you will meet at about 2pm, yet this may not be the case, you could end up meeting earlier or later, even if this is the time that has been arranged. It may even be the case that you meet on a different day. It may be the case, that for whatever reason, you may not in fact come to meet at all.

So really, this event chart would be best looked at in retrospect, once you have already met and noted the date and time.

We will see what is going to happen, but you are right everything is still possible..............

Thanks and ciao!!

lacu :D

Lacu

Mars, Saturn and the Sun represent three different sides of the male figure, of men in general. Sexual and erotic symbolism is more pronounced in the case of Mars, while Saturn represents men as a source of stability,

We have three planets for man: sun, mars and saturn. For woman only two moon and venus. In astrology these planets are always paired:
Sun/moon
Mars/venus
and
Saturn/????
With which planet do we have to pair saturn?

blumen

Here's the event chart for your meeting

ecmeeting.gif

Now I'm struggling with my cream of asparagus soup, so I'll post a few comments about it later

Blumen

Draco

Lacu,

With which planet do we have to pair saturn?

Jupiter would be the complimentary opposite to Saturn. i.e: comedy / tragedy, laughing / crying, expansion / restriction, height / depth.

Mercury would be the odd one out (of the 7 personals), because Mercury dissolves all boundaries, and contains all opposites within him/herself.

Blumen,

I'm struggling with my cream of asparagus soup
eugh! lol. :)

Lacu,

Here is your chart:

Here is your Berlin date's chart:

Here is the synastry, you the inner wheel, he the outer:

I'll give Blumen a chace to comment first and then I'll come back and tell you what I see.

blumen

These is my interpretation of the event chart. Consider that I do not normally use this technique, therefore do not take me too seriously

Since this is a love event, I’ll look to Venus and to the Moon, to the angles and to the lord of the ascendant.

All the angles are in moveable signs. This is good for a casual romance, but not for a stable relationship. Could this relationship “evolve from the 5th to the 7th” so to speak? While you may keep seeing each other routinely – even though on an infrequent basis – I do not think so. First, the 5th house falls in a sign of Saturn, and Saturn in Leo is not exactly what I would call well placed or dignified. Also, the lord of the fifth squares Mercury and Jupiter. Mercury is in the ninth, Jupiter is in the third. Apart from the fact that God willing this will be a rather tiring trip, there may be some difficulties regarding communication, and the distance between you, both physical and mental.

Also, look at the Moon in Virgo, an utilitarian, pragmatic, down-to-earth sign and how it opposes Uranus in the 7th. (According to Bonatti, in elections the Moon should be free from afflictions) Suddenly it started, and suddenly it will end. Uranus and the 7th house cusp are in Pisces, which lets me think that a real will to commit is lacking

Let’s have a look at the lord of the Ascendant, and see if it is free from afflictions as well. It receives an opposition from retrograde Jupiter in the 3rd. Jupiter is in its own terms. Perhaps you are getting too much worried about the outcome of this trip to Germany. Sometimes planets not having any other dignity except the terms can indicate that the querent is scared, worried, etc. I see the opposition between Jupiter and Mercury as meaning the following:

-difficulties communicating with him on a deep level, because you are on a different wavelength,
-difficulties getting in touch with him when you’ll be in Germany. In the sense that you may have to call several times before your call can get through, his phone or your phone will be engaged and so on.
-Trains and/or flights may be delayed. Also, be careful to bring with you all the documents (Jupiter) you may need.

Venus is in the 8th in a sign of Mars, square both Mars and Pluto, and conjunct Caput Draconis. This placement and aspects of Venus speak for themselves. I think you may become very good friends though.

I am sorry for this catastrophic reading,

Blumen

Lacu

Hi guys!!
well, the catastrophic interpretation from blumen let me to find a way to choose another day or another time to change what is possible to be changed (the ascendent). :( :(
Most of the negative comments are due to the position of the ascendent. So, if I wait 30 minutes the ascendent will be in Libra. The ruler of libra venus (although is in Aries) will be on the cuspis of the seventh trine to saturn. I think this is a much better position!! :)
Also important, the ascendent will be on his descendent!!

Anyway, I am italian but I live in Germany not too far away from Berlin.

So I have to see what can I do. Isn´t it true that we can change our future? Planets indicate but we determine the future!!!! :D :D

I hope that the synastry will give better chances. At this point I am curious about what Draco is going to tell me...........

Blumen, what is in the today´s menu?
I think I will cook "pasta alla carbonara"

Thanks a lot!!!
Lacu
:lol: :lol:

blumen

Also important, the ascendent will be on his descendent!!

This is a good indicator, I think.

Oh, I thought you lived in Italy, I'm Italian as well by the way.....

Blumen, what is in the today´s menu?

Gnocchi di ricotta alle punte di asparagi...I'm a Virgoan with a Jupiter in the 8th house, so I like heavy, elaborate, but natural food, even better if it's organic :D

Blumen

Lacu

Hi Blumen!

Oh, I thought you lived in Italy, I'm Italian as well by the way.....

Great!! Italians on the web!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Di dove?

Gnocchi di ricotta alle punte di asparagi...
Buonissimi.............you like asparagus, I guess... :D

I will cook octopus with potatoes and rosmarin this evening....

May I ask you what do you think about the synastry? :lol:
I am still waiting for Draco´s comments....

Have a nice long weekend....

Ciao :D
Lacu

Lacu

meeting delayed

Dear Draco and Blumen I did not hear anything anymore from you.
The meeting has been delayed but it will happen anyway in two weeks. We are committed to know each other :D

I am curious to know what do you think about the synastry and I thank you in advance for your comments...

lacu :)

Lacu

Finally the encounter has occurred!!!
It was on the 21th of may at 19:15 in berlin.

How the relation will develop?

Thanks in advance for comments!!!!!

lacu