Sabian Sage...Lynda Hills' newsletter: December and a Gemini full Moon

piercethevale

...From that wonderful Aussie...Sabian Astrologer...Lynda Hill and Her newletter...which she encorages to pass around..

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. Dale Carnegie
In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration. Ansel Adams
Explorers have to be ready to die lost. Russell Hoban
Explore thyself. Herein are demanded the eye and the nerve. Henry David Thoreau
In my writing I am acting as a mapmaker, an explorer of psychic areas... a cosmonaut of inner space, and I see no point in exploring areas that have already been thoroughly surveyed. William S. Burroughs
Occurring on Wednesday 2nd December, the Gemini full Moon has the Sabian Symbol of Gemini 11: Newly Opened Lands Offer the Pioneer New Opportunities for Experience. This speaks of getting off the beaten track, trying something new, being prepared to strike out for new territory, finding new and better ways of living, the need to start a new, more vibrant life, heading for the Promised Lands, new time zones, foreign customs and languages and generally leaving one's comfort zone.
The Cautions for this degree are: Clinging to the old and familiar when it is outworn and boring, restricting growth and change, not moving on, invading other's space, claiming what's rightfully someone else's, hanging on when it's time to let go, running off to avoid involvement or responsibilities.
The Karmic Condition (the degree before) of the full Moon is Gemini 10: An Airplane Dives Toward the Earth as Though Falling. This speaks of picking yourself up after going into a nose dive, losing control or feeling like your life is going nowhere (or to hell in a hand basket). This degree urges us to take back the controls, to be strong, self directed and self focused in order to have smooth sailing and progress in our lives. With this degree in operation right before the full Moon, we may be compelled to notice where we're working at cross purposes in our life - where we sabotage ourselves or go against gravity in some way. Of course, the nose dive that this degree speaks about can be a desire for drama, acting out, danger and generally taking on life in a risky manner. The trick is to transcend these types of feelings and take a chance in new territory; to be a pioneer, to push your boundaries, to strive to break out of constraints.
The Sabian Symbol for the Sun at this full Moon is Sagittarius 11: In the Left Section of an Archaic Temple, a Lamp Burns in a Container Shaped Like a Human Body. This speaks of connecting mind, body and spirit, connecting the left and right sides, yoga, metabolic rates, treating your body as a temple, light workers, the acceptance of the body and its functions, oil burners, gas lamps, Aladdin's Lamp, watching the body's needs, desires and functions. Burning a candle at both ends can lead to poor functioning of the nervous system, the heart and the adrenals, which can leave us feeling depleted and worn out. Doing whatever it takes to ground yourself in your physical body can bring wonderful results now, but it seems that, especially with this full Moon, one must strive for balance as this is the key now.
Mercury, the planetary ruler of the Gemini full Moon, is on Sagittarius 25: A Chubby Little Rich Boy Rides Upon a Hobbyhorse. This degree, combined with the degree of the Sun, seems to reinforce the need to connect with the physical body, perhaps one's sexual needs. Further, this Hobbyhorse degree urges us to do what gives us joy, what turns us on, to indulge in hobbies or pastimes or meaningful play. Mercury is right at the end of this degree and will soon move onto Sagittarius 26: A Flag Bearer in a Battle, which speaks of having the courage of your convictions, standing up for ideals, representing one's collective in a worthy cause, carrying the standard or the "Flag", David and Goliath, being the messenger, advocates, leadership, self sacrifice (especially for a cause).
Venus is on Sagittarius 1: Retired Army Veterans Gather to Reawaken Old Memories. This speaks of reunions and gathering together with old friends (and new, perhaps from past lives?), understanding the individual's needs and idealistic struggles, moratoriums and calls for peace, bringing up painful memories in the hope of sharing understanding and healing, tears of the past, being confronted by memories, talking over strategies, finding comrades, brothers and sisters.
Mars is slowing right down and about to go retrograde (more on that in another newsletter). It will spend considerable time on Leo 18: A Chemist Conducts An Experiment For His Students. This speaks of alchemy, stepping out of the usual rules and taking a risk, new and untried procedures, wisdom being passed on, putting things to the test, throwing out what doesn't stand up, ingredients, Bunsen burners, test tubes, microscopes, being a mad professor, science and chemistry. This begs the question - what changes, what shifts, what experiments can you employ in your life to move your life forward? What risks are you prepared to take?
Chiron and Jupiter are on Aquarius 22: A Rug Placed on the Floor For Children to Play On. This asks the questions; how secure do you feel? are your needs for comfort and care provided? do you have somewhere comfortable and safe to live, play, love and grow? Are you and others in a safe, secure, happy place or are you looking for this in your life?
Uranus is stationary direct now; it's moving very slowly. It's on Pisces 23: A Materializing Medium Giving a Seance. This speaks of spiritual channeling, picking up on the vibrations in the air around you, giving voice to spirit, materializing things, clairvoyance and clairsentience. With Uranus on this degree, people can be exquisitely sensitive to what's going on around them. This can be good or bad, depending on what's coming through. There can be a need to protect yourself from dark or difficult forces or energies, but, in general, this can show one's clairvoyant sensitivities picking up and being strengthened.
The urge to express yourself, to give birth to your creative and spiritual ideals and products is shown by Pluto on Capricorn 3: The Human Soul, In It's Eagerness For New Experiences, Seeks Embodiment. This is the 'Jesus degree' - which means that the Sun is on this degree at every Christmas. It speaks of inner motivation leading to expansion, being born again, manifesting one's desires, feeling like a changed person, the need to drop into the body, religious and spiritual rebirth, reincarnation, the urge to create, writers and writing.
Last, but not least, I don't want to leave Saturn out. Saturn is square Pluto on Libra 4: A Group of Young People Sit in Spiritual Communion Around a Campfire. This shows the need, the necessity, of being with those of like mind... to not feel lonely, left out or that one doesn't have friends or a community. Something needs to "inspirit" the individuals and the group. Through this 'campfire', we can feel a special glow of companionship and care. Saturn may, for some people, be saying that some time needs to be spent alone, but not to cut yourself off from others. A fine line, but it's something many of us need. It's good to spend time alone, but not so good to spend a lot of time feeling lonely.
All in all, the trend at this full Moon is to venture into new territory, to leave things behind that no longer serve you, to embrace change, adventure and new opportunities and to be present, active and alive in every sense of the word.

hermetic

thanks for posting :) Sounds promising.

while I was reading this one something I noticed, and I do not want to start a new thread so I thought this would be appropriate place to post - how about full moon activating one's vertex? what influences could be felt?
I have my Vertex at 11 degrees Sag, exact degree of this month's Sun and opposition to full moon... any thoughts?

starlink

Pierce, as always, very nice contribution to this forum. I particularly liked this thread. I never actually thought of looking at each planets place during a new or full Moon. Of course this is seen as a mundane situation, but we could also see in which houses the planets fall and probably integrate the meanings of the symbols into these life departments.

Like 11° Gemini, it will sextile my Pluto at 11° Leo (rounded up, 12° of course). This is interesting because my Pluto falls in my 9th house and indeed, I must "get off the beaten track and experience new possibilities, trying new things, doing away with things which dont really do anything (intellectually, Gemini) for me anymore.

Mercury, full Moons ruler, falls on the cusp of my 2nd house and semi-sextiles my Ascendant. I should probably use my money for more pleasurable things, indulging myself and others (charity). Dont really see how to interprete it at 26° though.

Yes, I think I will have a look through all of them. Thanks Pierce, food for thought!

Cheers, Starlink

piercethevale

While I very much admire and respect Lyndas knowledge and work...Lyndas' orientation of interest and Her process here is a bit too mundane for my personal interest...I post it for those that could use an introduction to Sabian Astrology [and nowadays I'm all about promoting Sabian Astrology and Rudhyarian technique]... or just enjoy 'Mundane Astrology'...and Lynda certainly knows Her ****...and is a pretty darn good writer/communicator...intelligent, witty, charming and personable.
You should see the response I got to even just offering a link to Sabian analysis over at the skyscript.co forum... most of those people [if not all] act like ignorance is a f***ing virtue...]I swear to Godfrey... if Lilly had been a one eyed, stuttering hunch back, all the hard core members at that forum [which is most of them] would go around with an eye patch, a hump back and speak with a stutter...and belittle you because you don't!]
Astrologically, I haven't been 'taken' with the "Moon" and it's phases/affects & effects...Oh, I believe in it...just don't concern myself about it very much... [don't have any interest in 'Hoary Astrology' either...or at the least very, very, very little]
...could be the 25th degree of Aquarius where my natal Moon resides...the Sabian Symbol is about "Transmutation of emotionality"...and certainly the Moon, more than any other Orb, is about 'Emotionality'...
...an asimile, I love to cook and especially try new recipies...and I know that some foods are not 'Good' for me...but, I'm just not interested in Nuitrition...Oh, I believe in it...but I'd rather spend my day cooking up something delicious and then eating it... rather than spend the day reading about what I shouldn't cook or eat...or concerning myself about ...[that's why I don't really consider myself an complete Astrolger...far from it...and I've little to no interest in trying to be one or be recognized as one...but I do find certain areas of Astrology fascinating without peer...]
...I find the retro-grade movements of the Planets as per in regard to the Nodes to be far more fascinating and interesting...especially Saturn and the Trans-Saturian [My thread on the Saturn/Uranus oppositon in 2010 for example].

...and my Part of Intelligence/Skill is at 24* Sag. 18'...and... hmmmmmm,....