Is there a Higher Power above the god/s of the bible?

Jesusistheway

I ask this question because I am struggling with my faith. And I believe there is Its a yes or no answer.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.83929.7036.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.83929.7036.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 43

enoch

I feel the issue of faith is strong in many people right now, theist's, atheists, agnostics. what have you, due to the nodal cycle we are in. Even Atheism is a faith, a negative faith yes, but a faith based belief none the less. Some find the idea of God morbid for some reason and prefer the concrete intellect, which is from my point of view Idolatry.

As for your question. No there is no higher power than the omnipotent , omniscient, all present, all loving divine source. I have no doubt about that. As for mans perception of that , well that depends so much on himself and what he projects onto deity. He will always project his own unresolved unconscious issues onto God, thus his enemies become his God's enemies. As he imagines his God to have the same persuasions he himself does. His God is like himself only a little better. In other cases he invents other usurper God's that prevent him from relationship to the true God, but this is due to the same cause. This is the false prophet. We find examples of this in the Bible itself. Some discernment is needed to tell the truly inspired apart from the egotistically driven texts.

None of this however affects the nature of God in the least. Keep your faith my friend. Our relationship with God is a process and Christ as well as some few others taught us the "how to" of building that relationship. There is nothing lacking in Christ or his teachings. There is also much worth reading in the gnostic texts, but the four gospels are perfectly sufficient in of themselves.

tsmall

Premium Member
I feel the issue of faith is strong in many people right now, theist's, atheists, agnostics. what have you, due to the nodal cycle we are in. Even Atheism is a faith, a negative faith yes, but a faith based belief none the less. Some find the idea of God morbid for some reason and prefer the concrete intellect, which is from my point of view Idolatry.

As for your question. No there is no higher power than the omnipotent , omniscient, all present, all loving divine source. I have no doubt about that. As for mans perception of that , well that depends so much on himself and what he projects onto deity. He will always project his own unresolved unconscious issues onto God, thus his enemies become his God's enemies. As he imagines his God to have the same persuasions he himself does. His God is like himself only a little better. In other cases he invents other usurper God's that prevent him from relationship to the true God, but this is due to the same cause. This is the false prophet. We find examples of this in the Bible itself. Some discernment is needed to tell the truly inspired apart from the egotistically driven texts.

None of this however affects the nature of God in the least. Keep your faith my friend. Our relationship with God is a process and Christ as well as some few others taught us the "how to" of building that relationship. There is nothing lacking in Christ or his teachings. There is also much worth reading in the gnostic texts, but the four gospels are perfectly sufficient in of themselves.

It is sincerely too bad that the Gospel of Thomas didn't survive the sword at the First Council of Nicaea. Perhaps more people would understand that if we are created in the image of God, we are all divine. "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you, and all around you."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

That humans have been "hardwired" to believe has been written about many times. This link to a Time article from several years ago is just one such example.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,995465-1,00.html

enoch

Thomas yes, our Gemini and "doubting Thomas" makes some very great contributions to clarifying these elements you mention. I personally find all the Gospels when taken on their own lacking in some way. Taken together and with some portion of the gnostic texts as well I get a more holistic and chaste view of the teachings.

Thomas is one of my favorites among the gnostic texts. But even Paul makes some profoundly esoteric statements. If we eyes to see and ears to hear , its all there.

It is a indeed a pity that Christianity was not preserved in its organic form which had various interpretations of the scripture and varying perspectives on Christ's message.

It is a pity the reincarnation doctrine that was held in high regard among many early Christians was also suppressed by later authorities.

Anachiel

I ask this question because I am struggling with my faith. And I believe there is Its a yes or no answer.

You are not struggling with your faith. You are struggling with your beliefs.

In the horary you are signfied by Mercury which, is deterimented and void in the 7th house. So, when you go over to other people's side, you have to be careful of giving away your power. It also shows you are "wandering" a bit and unsure of what to settle on.

Your own "faith" would be signifed by the 9th. There Venus rules and you are in mutual reception, a strong one, with Venus. So, your faith is fine. Especially since you have Jupiter right on the 9th and the Moon about to trine that!

So, distinguish between what is really yours and what is someone else's belief. They are not the same. Your faith is fine but, it doesn;t neccessarily need some outside agency telling you what to do with it, what it is worth or where to go with it.

The only Higher Power you need to concern yourself with is the one that dwells within you as Truth, compassion and wisdom.

Jesusistheway

You are not struggling with your faith. You are struggling with your beliefs.

In the horary you are signfied by Mercury which, is deterimented and void in the 7th house. So, when you go over to other people's side, you have to be careful of giving away your power. It also shows you are "wandering" a bit and unsure of what to settle on.

Your own "faith" would be signifed by the 9th. There Venus rules and you are in mutual reception, a strong one, with Venus. So, your faith is fine. Especially since you have Jupiter right on the 9th and the Moon about to trine that!

So, distinguish between what is really yours and what is someone else's belief. They are not the same. Your faith is fine but, it doesn;t neccessarily need some outside agency telling you what to do with it, what it is worth or where to go with it.

The only Higher Power you need to concern yourself with is the one that dwells within you as Truth, compassion and wisdom.

I alway thought my beliefs were in alignment with the highest good. Thanks A.!

enoch

I am curious in regards your question. What is your perception of the God/s of the Bible that leaves room for the idea of a higher power?

Keep in mind here, for me all cultures have recognized an absolute principle of some kind. I do not see this concept as unique to those religions who have their origin in Judaism. It is found equally distributed among occidental and oriental occult traditions. But this perception I have is rather a matter of faith or intuition rather than an intellectual consideration.

For instance Taoism is in my eyes (and many would argue against this I know) essentially monotheism. It is truly a more abstract view derived from an entirely introverted standpoint, yet all the same it is identical to Kabbalistic conceptions of the supreme principle or deity Jehova.

So that is my perception of the matter and thus I perceive your question in a certain context which may be quite off the mark.

Could you elaborate a little on how you perceive the God of the Bible and the idea of God in general? For it is difficult for me to comprehend the question not knowing the back ground thoughts and beliefs that apparently allow for the possibility of a "higher" deity than that conceived of in the Hebraic tradition. Perhaps you see the God of the Bible of something quite distinct from other conceptions of "first cause" in other cultures and religions. Perhaps you do not. That would be quite interesting I think and perhaps serve to open up this dialogue a little more.

JUPITERASC

Isn't this a horary question?
Is this the kind of question appropriate for Horary?
Exactly.

"But when you move amidst the world free from attachment and aversion alike, there comes the peace in which all sorrows end: and you live in the wisdom of the Self" Bhagwat Gita aka Bhagavad Gita – The Vedas :smile:

JerryRR

The Paulicians told Peter of Sicily.

"We say the heavenly father is one God who has no power in this world,but who has power in the world to come,and that there is another God who made the world and who has power over the present world.The Romans confess that the heavenly father and the creator of all the world are one and the same God."

"guarded by the might of the Light-angels and the exceedingly strong powers,who had a command from Jesus the Spendour for my safekeeping....They nourished me with visions and signs which they made known to me,slight and quite brief,as far as I was able.For sometimes like a flash of lightning he came..."
Mani-Codex

Mercury con Scheat?

J.R.

Jesusistheway

The Paulicians told Peter of Sicily.

"We say the heavenly father is one God who has no power in this world,but who has power in the world to come,and that there is another God who made the world and who has power over the present world.The Romans confess that the heavenly father and the creator of all the world are one and the same God."

"guarded by the might of the Light-angels and the exceedingly strong powers,who had a command from Jesus the Spendour for my safekeeping....They nourished me with visions and signs which they made known to me,slight and quite brief,as far as I was able.For sometimes like a flash of lightning he came..."
Mani-Codex

Mercury con Scheat?

J.R.

WOW, can you elaborate? Where did you find these ancient texts with mystical knowledge? What's "Mercury con Scheaet?"

JerryRR

I have many books.Suggest you google,Mani the Prophet,Manichaeism,Cologne Mani Codex and Paulicians.
I have also posted a Cathar prayer,post 37,Tsmall's thread,"Is it ethical or morally justified......"

Mani's twin appeared to him in a vision.
"The encounter with one's twin or-in todays terms-the Higher Self is central to the life of every Manicaean.It is the mystery of conjunction,the holy marriage of ego and self,and it is now a recognised psychological aspect of the journey towards Truth."
The Essence of the Gnostics by Bernard Simon.

Scheat is a fixed star.
Edgar Cayce's Sun 28 Pisces 23.

J.R

Last edited:

Jesusistheway

I have many books.Suggest you google,Mani the Prophet,Manichaeism,Cologne Mani Codex and Paulicians.
I have also posted a Cathar prayer,post 37,Tsmall's thread,"Is it ethical or morally justified......"

Mani's twin appeared to him in a vision.
"The encounter with one's twin or-in todays terms-the Higher Self is central to the life of every Manicaean.It is the mystery of conjunction,the holy marriage of ego and self,and it is now a recognised psychological aspect of the journey towards Truth."
The Essence of the Gnostics by Bernard Simon.

Scheat is a fixed star.
Edgar Cayce's Sun 28 Pisces 23.

J.R

That is awesome! I am going to have to save your sources. Thanks I don't recall seeing your post.

Morphstar

Astrologically speaking I disagree with above posts.
This chart shows that you are confused, but what’s really interesting is that it has some clues implying that this question of faith has much deeper implications to you. therefore I also believe that your personal chart incorporates both personal aspects and interesting transits that will display your confrontation on these issues of faith.
Therefore I’ll treat it with care.

Let’s begin:
Mercury, ruler of your 1st house is void and in Pisces, displaying your current confusion. Venus, ruler of the 2nd sign and the 9 house of faith, is inside the house of faith and sitting exactly on the Aldebaran-Antares axis. Venus is very important in this chart as is, the latest fact is of course critical to this question and upgrades Venus’s importance in this chart even more. And what will Venus do? only a trine from the 10’th house to Saturn in the 2nd house of values (it’s not only money..), the house which Venus accidently also rules..! i.e.: you are not simply thinking about it, your consequences may be apparent in your environment and affect your personal values. Other elements are backing the fact that this question has practical implications to you.

Now, in such a question of faith, we must look also at the 12 house of soul. Its ruler – the Sun is in the 8 house of collective values (again, not only money related..) and oppose your own values (Saturn), displaying again the conflict between the beliefs you are surrounded with and the ones of your own. Inside this magical house we see Mars, and what do you know… ruler of the 8 house! This Mars is in exact opposition to the vicious Fomalhaut and about quincunx Uranus in 7th (yes, this is a classical question to regard the slow moving planets). This Mars is in great distress, backing the above notes of the Sun.
The general confusion is also backed by the square of the Moon (course of action) to the Jupiter (faith and religion in the 9’th (again – faith and religion).

HOWEVER, it appears that you will eventually find your way. I’m not sure that your belief won’t go through some changes/adjustments. At the end, we see the Moon in sextile and trine the Sun-Saturn axis, easing this aspects’ tension with a happy end, which will happen at about the same time units as Mars trine to Jupiter in its house of faith. Backing this happy end from the soul.
Interestingly Jupiter is also ruler of your 4th house. I’m not sure about it, but were you born in a believing environment/home? I usually try to answer more briefly, but this is a very interesting question.

To sum up, look inside your soul, you will find your answers :smile:
Hope it helps :smile:

JUPITERASC

Jesusistheway

Astrologically speaking I disagree with above posts.
This chart shows that you are confused, but what’s really interesting is that it has some clues implying that this question of faith has much deeper implications to you. therefore I also believe that your personal chart incorporates both personal aspects and interesting transits that will display your confrontation on these issues of faith.
Therefore I’ll treat it with care.

Let’s begin:
Mercury, ruler of your 1st house is void and in Pisces, displaying your current confusion. Venus, ruler of the 2nd sign and the 9 house of faith, is inside the house of faith and sitting exactly on the Aldebaran-Antares axis. Venus is very important in this chart as is, the latest fact is of course critical to this question and upgrades Venus’s importance in this chart even more. And what will Venus do? only a trine from the 10’th house to Saturn in the 2nd house of values (it’s not only money..), the house which Venus accidently also rules..! i.e.: you are not simply thinking about it, your consequences may be apparent in your environment and affect your personal values. Other elements are backing the fact that this question has practical implications to you.

Now, in such a question of faith, we must look also at the 12 house of soul. Its ruler – the Sun is in the 8 house of collective values (again, not only money related..) and oppose your own values (Saturn), displaying again the conflict between the beliefs you are surrounded with and the ones of your own. Inside this magical house we see Mars, and what do you know… ruler of the 8 house! This Mars is in exact opposition to the vicious Fomalhaut and about quincunx Uranus in 7th (yes, this is a classical question to regard the slow moving planets). This Mars is in great distress, backing the above notes of the Sun.
The general confusion is also backed by the square of the Moon (course of action) to the Jupiter (faith and religion in the 9’th (again – faith and religion).

HOWEVER, it appears that you will eventually find your way. I’m not sure that your belief won’t go through some changes/adjustments. At the end, we see the Moon in sextile and trine the Sun-Saturn axis, easing this aspects’ tension with a happy end, which will happen at about the same time units as Mars trine to Jupiter in its house of faith. Backing this happy end from the soul.
Interestingly Jupiter is also ruler of your 4th house. I’m not sure about it, but were you born in a believing environment/home? I usually try to answer more briefly, but this is a very interesting question.

To sum up, look inside your soul, you will find your answers :smile:
Hope it helps :smile:

So your saying I was/am going through fundamentals questions/confusions over religion and that my faith will resolve? Interesting. Sounds about right.

Morphstar

So your saying I was/am going through fundamentals questions/confusions over religion and that my faith will resolve? Interesting. Sounds about right.

You may also benefit from looking at your natal chart. This question chart implies your question isn’t trivial at all. Therefore I assume you’ll find in your natal chart some interesting aspects that will shed a light on what you’re experiencing/experienced.