I feel kind of late asking this...

hermetic

at the ripe age of 25, but I am still very unsure of what should I do. I kind of have this vocational issue split in my mind - those things you do for yourself, because you love them, and those you can do to serve the community... and it is all one big mess in my case...

I have quite difficult situation going on. I graduated painting because it is what I've been doing for over 10 years actively now, something I do for myself. Paint. Ok, in that department, I have no doubts.
But comes the time when bills should be payed. Selling paintings is extremely random and not enough. I haven't had a job ever. Not one day of working. I cannot imagine anything I could do with this profession besides maybe an art teacher in an elementary school, which I searched, but with no luck. I have an extreme aversion to anything involving public work, or dealing with lots of people(cancer asc, sun opposition MC) and could never imagine myself doing so.
I feel like having a job is just not fit for me, and then I see all the people around me having a job, and feeling completely useless to the society.
I sometimes wish I studied something else, maybe psychology work would be suitable, but I feel it is kind of late to do this now.
Even in financial side of this wouldn't be a problem, I would still feel like an outcast in some way, because this thing I do can in no way get me a place in a society, as a working person. I cannot connect the two.
Now, astrologicaly speaking, and I must admit I am no good in making predictions, especially not for myself, and would be grateful if someone could take a look at my chart. Will this situation change, will I somehow be able to integrate this interest of mine into something more usefull than a painting on a wall, or is it valid to look into other options regarding work? to change paths?
I am very torn over this, and completely stuck (like a Charlotte character in 'Lost in Translation' movie, one of my favorites)
Any possibilities of me getting a job in the near future? I have Pluto entered and transiting the 6th house, I am thinking this might have brought this intensified thinking of work issues, and Neptune in 6th in natal, could mean it will always be an unclear situation?
Career with sun opposing MC is far far from my inner being, I always thought. But Moon sextile and Mars and Uranus trine MC could mean good things, except I haven't found those yet...:eek:
And I was never the one to ask this kind of things, nor was money ever of any interest to me, but will the money always come from the house(ruler of the 2nd in 4th)? money situation does become real enough eventually even if one is an artist...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_ja_hp_38877_4662.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_ja_hp_38877_4662.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 52

waybread

This may sound really dumb, hermetic, but have you thought of becoming a professional house-painter? I realize that this isn't what you mean by being a "painter", but hear me out. (1) you have a 4th house stellium. While this suggests that you are a "homebody", the 4th can also indicate housing more generally. (2) Not everybody has the skill to be good at house-painting. You need good hand-eye coordination, and a sense of perfectionism. If you can sign on with a painting contractor who is known for doing fine work requiring extra skill, such as historic building restorations, your own skills could be appreciated. Or work with a partner who has some business experience. There is also a demand for interior special painting techniques--sponging, ragging, false-graining--that sort of thing. The only trouble here is that you do show some solo, "my way" indicators, so you might need to balance them with the cooperation that is required to earn a paycheck.

Pluto moving through your 6th house of work and service seems to be done with your Neptune (planet of illusions as well as disillusionment) suggesting that it is time for a pragmatic change. Beautifying someone's home is a service to them. You would probably also be good at interior design, if you have the capacity to get some credentials.

EJ53

Banned
waybread said:
This may sound really dumb, hermetic, but have you thought of becoming a professional house-painter?........There is also a demand for interior special painting techniques--sponging, ragging, false-graining--that sort of thing. The only trouble here is that you do show some solo, "my way" indicators, so you might need to balance them with the cooperation that is required to earn a paycheck.

My daughter decorated the walls of her children's bedrooms with hand-painted images of various nursery rhyme characters to stimulate her child's development. It looked great; achieved the required objective and I always thought this idea had commercial potential - but she did not have interest in art/painting to take it further.

EJ:)

Rasalhague

It's indeed funny you should ask this while Pluto is transiting your 6th house;)

At the ripe age of 25... you're making me feel old! I'm almost 27 myself in a few months. I've had a few vacation jobs and now have been employed for almost 5 years. With a job or without a job, it almost seems like the feelings are the same. First few years I was so frustrated I could punch someone's lights out and now I'm in my apathy stage. I have Mars (7) trine Uranus (10) so I went into IT. Not exactly the thing for you, I guess. You will now almost certainly need a job that doesn't demand too much of you because you hid yourself for so long. Jobs are not exactly about what you can and cannot do, they are mostly about the people component. I don't like working with people at all, probably for different reasons than you do. Nonetheless, it's ok now but that's only because I was forced to deal with it. Those are some nice suggestions in the earlier part of this thread, but I guess if you start (part-time) administrative you won't be bothered by too many people. In one of my vacation jobs I took care of a lot of files. Nobody bugs you, you do your thing and you're off before you know it.