Anaretic Degree (and other rare chart features)

OnTheCusp

Hi all,

I grew up thinking I was a Scorpio, though a few years ago when I cast my chart I realized I was in fact a Libra. It's true that I embody both signs, and initially I reasoned this is so because my sun is so close to the Scorpio cusp (29 Libra 59' 18").

A quick glance at my chart shows there is a ton of Scorpio influence despite my Sun in Libra. So whether it's position so close to the cusp explains my Scorpionic tendencies is irrelevant.

Tonight however I came across a term I hadn't encountered before: anaretic degree.

http://milkywayastrology.wordpress.com/2008/08/15/planets-in-late-degrees-what-do-they-mean/

I thought it was really interesting...incidentally I studied ballet intensively for a couple years in high school, I love dance in all forms in general, I have a strange obsession with Judge Judy, I've taken the LSAT twice though both times I went to apply to law school I couldn't come up with a compelling reason why I wanted to be a lawyer and so went a different way, etc.

Perhaps there really is something to this anaretic degree thing? :happy:

This lead me to wonder...

There's a 3.3% chance a planet will appear in the last degree of a sign (and in my case there's a .06% chance that planet will appear in the last minute of a sign). So, this is a rare thing to see.

Since I am new to astrology (I've only beed studying it seriously for a few weeks), I don't have a great perspective on what's "typical" or "distinct."

My question then, outside of aspect patterns, what other chart features are rare or unusual? It'd be nice to have a list somewhere so that when I'm looking at a friends chart I could say "Hey! Now THAT'S interesting."

Attachments

• WithTransits.jpg
    WithTransits.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 26

serafin5

Dear Onthecusp:

Dont feel like the lone ranger. My bday is Feb. 19th and I went my whole life thinking I was an Aquarian. And I still identify with that sign more than Pisces. I have Merc, Mars (I think?), and Saturn in Aquarius. I am a 0deg Pisces and my Mars is so close Im still not sure which it really is. Its either 29degs Aqua (with 42min making it combust my Sun) or it is 0deg Pisces at either 00:00 or 1min of Pisces making it cazimi. Mars changed signs so close to my birth time Im gonna need a special ephemeris for this. Either way I've got 2 planets in Anaretic degs so I know what you mean.

Hope you had a nice XMas!!!
Serafin5:smile:

PS: My mom was born Oct 23, 1944 at approx 5:42am j u s t barely in the Libra Sun (and a Libra Asc.!!!!) She was so lovable....only she had like 3 planets in Scorpio in the 1st hse, her Mars for sure, and she had quite a temper!!! Is your bday 10-23 also???

S5

OnTheCusp

Hi S5,

My birthday indeed is October 23rd (1979)! I was born at 7:11 PM AND I weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. :)

My mom always thought I'd be good at craps...little did she know I'd spend my life obsessed with esoteric thought and come to see this coincidence in an entirely different light.

I did indeed have a great Christmas! Hope you did too. :)

serafin5

Hi S5,

My birthday indeed is October 23rd (1979)! I was born at 7:11 PM AND I weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. :)

My mom always thought I'd be good at craps...little did she know I'd spend my life obsessed with esoteric thought and come to see this coincidence in an entirely different light.

I did indeed have a great Christmas! Hope you did too. :)

:lol:
Awesome!!!! Thanks I did indeed have a nice XMas. So you are a Scorpio right???? Sorry, mom, esoteric thought will beat craps every time....

Serafin5:lol: