Capricorn Marriages

erinj

Hi everyone,

I was told by a practicing astrologer of over 25 years to try not to do an electional marriage or try to discourage clients if you can from marrying under the sign of Capricorn. I know of 2 couples who have Capricorn marriages, 1 couple stayed legally married for 37 years until the grooms death but the wife was miserable during the whole marriage (they married because she was pregnant) and the 2nd couple have been married for 7 years and although they love each other they have heavy responisiblities and faced challenges that I know would be grounds for divorce. Capricorn ruled by Saturn seemed to place heavy limitations and restrictions on both couples. Both couples stayed together because of duty and responsibility. It has been posted on the internet that Shaq ONeil filed for divorce and he has a Capricorn marriage Dec 26 2002 no time or place but he lives in Miami, florida. It is a Cap marriage as well. Just wanted to put it out there to see if others can share their cap marriage experiences and how astrologers feel about Saturn being partial or total ruler of marriage.

freedomlover

erinj,

Both of my marriages were in December - one 12-26-82, and one 12-23-86.
I had never thought of them in the light of Saturn being their ruler before, but it makes alot of sense. I can't say I would recommend a December marriage based on my experiences - both of them were horror stories. However, I do have a high school friend whose parents have been married about 50 years, and they have had a relatively good marriage - still seem to be in love. Both of them are teachers. Their anniversary is on December 23. So, I guess it can work - but I think their case my be a rarity. I'm curious to hear other's experiences.

freedomlover

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Oddly enough, several Electional astrology sources state that part of Capricorn are good for Luna to be in for marriages. The first 10° are said to be bad (however, I would go ahead and extend this to 19°). The Luna in the wedding chart you posted falls within this, which is not favorable. However, Luna does receive some aid by way of a Sextile to Venus, however, both planets are in Detriment, so it's not like that helping hand is a very useful one, though every little bit helps, so to speak.

As for Sol in Capricorn marriages in general, I wouldn't say to necessarily avoid them all, I mean, if the groom is okay with being in that Sign, then by all means, go for it. :D Sol has Face in the last 10° of Capricorn, so it's not like it's a bad placement.