Natal Vs. Progressed Chart

Lela

Hi!
Recently I analyzed my progressed chart and compare it with my natal chart. I could recognize more myself in progressed chart! Could someone explain what are differences, why I find progressed chart more accurate? When working on predictive astrology should I use natal or progressed chart for interpretation of transits?
Long ago astrologer wrote me in my personal horoscope that there is great possibility to meet significant one on one special date. I forgot about all that and document stayed in drawer for months. I found it again months after I met my boyfriend, and guess I realized that I met him on that exact day as astrologer wrote me (we are now more than 5 years together). I tried to find that special aspect in my natal-progressed-transits chart, but that was unsuccessful! Could this be only coincidence or are there some particular aspects that I should search again?

Thanks for any help!

wilsontc

Staff member
Lela,

In my opinion, which chart you respond best to has to do with your opinions, rather than any outside "astrological rule". The birth chart is your birth potentials. The transit chart is the movement of the world around us at a certain time. The progressed chart is the "inner movement" of the world around us: a map of our evolving self. Perhaps you are very "tuned into" the you who you are becoming and so find your progressed chart the most useful.

Different astrologers will use different prediction techniques for love connections. In general look for connections in the transit chart of Venus (love) and Jupiter (opportunity), to find possible "love times".

Opinionating,

Tim

Lela

Thanks Tim!

Regarding your advice about “love prediction dates” I checked transits between Venus/Jupiter. I figured that on that certain date I have aspects between those two planets you mentioned: natal Venus and transiting Jupiter as well as transiting Venus and natal Jupiter are in both cases in opposition. This could not be good, am I right? But, transiting Venus was in sextile with my natal Sun (aspect 0˚22s), this could be significant?

My best friend is divorcing after just 7 months of marriage. I was very curious to find this situation in her natal/transits chart. I found that when all problems culminated in her life transiting Uranus was in close conjunction with her DC and in meanwhile moving retrograde. Now when she is in total emotional imbalance transiting Saturn is in conjunction with her natal Saturn. So these aspects imply on her situation.

When looking at transiting aspects should only those aspects that are about 0˚ be important for interpretation?

I really appreciate your help!
Lela

wilsontc

Staff member
My opinion

Lela,

In my opinion, there is no "magic degree" of closeness before an aspect is "felt". Different people have different awarenesses of their energies, so for some when a planetary aspect is 10 degrees from exact they will still be aware of it, while for others even when the planetary aspect IS exact they may not be aware of it! ;) In general, I give an extra two degree orb (the number of degrees a planet can be off of "exact" and still have an effect) to the Sun and the Moon. And, in general, the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, opposition) are more easily "felt" than the "gentler" aspects (sextile, trine, quincunx). So I give a much larger orb to the stressful aspects and a much narrower orb to the gentler aspects.

As to Jupiter effects...Jupiter is about "expansion" so when Jupiter moves into aspect with a planet there is an opportunity to "expand" in that area. Sometimes Jupiter gives us too much of a good thing. This might be a case where a person has a stressful Jupiter transit (conjunction, square opposition) and they may get TOO MANY relationships or TOO MUCH of a relationship. How a person handles their Jupiter "expansive opportunities" has a lot to do with how well they handle opportunities in their chart (the position of Jupiter in their birth chart).

Opinionating,

Tim

samsum78

Usually Secondary Progressions are very accurate in predictions.

There's got to be some aspect with the natal chart Planets. (Degrees)

You can analyze a lot of key events with Progressed charts, especially, Marriage, Birth of a child, Death, Injuries etc. Some apect is definitely made.

Moon is very important as it stays in each sign for about 2 and a half years.

Best way is to look back in your life and figure out key events and then check if there was a close apect.

Marriage: look for 5th and 7th house planets and rulers.

Child birth: 5th House planets rulers (May be even 2nd House of family).

Death Injuries: 8th House ruler.

Thanks Tim!

Regarding your advice about “love prediction dates” I checked transits between Venus/Jupiter. I figured that on that certain date I have aspects between those two planets you mentioned: natal Venus and transiting Jupiter as well as transiting Venus and natal Jupiter are in both cases in opposition. This could not be good, am I right? But, transiting Venus was in sextile with my natal Sun (aspect 0˚22s), this could be significant?

My best friend is divorcing after just 7 months of marriage. I was very curious to find this situation in her natal/transits chart. I found that when all problems culminated in her life transiting Uranus was in close conjunction with her DC and in meanwhile moving retrograde. Now when she is in total emotional imbalance transiting Saturn is in conjunction with her natal Saturn. So these aspects imply on her situation.

When looking at transiting aspects should only those aspects that are about 0˚ be important for interpretation?

I really appreciate your help!
Lela

With transits, I use 1' approaching, 1' exact and 1' departing and depending on what planet is touching espec conj, square and opp will set off events. T mars is what I call the 'ignition key'

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html

It's very common for progressed venus onto sun or vice versa to be involved, also the North Node of one person conj second person's sun or moon. Also Vertex is usually involved either natally, by progression or by transit. I use max orb orb 3' between each others planets. To research more on interaspects try here. http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

Progressions are an 'inner evolving' matters
There are many ways that astrologers "progress" a chart. One of the most popular techniques is called "Secondary Progressions". With this system, astrologers equate one day after birth to one year of life (the day-for-a-year method). Secondary progressions offer insight into the unfolding of our unique personalities over time.

Another way to progress a chart is by using solar arc directions, which is an extremely valuable tool as well. With this method, the chart is progressed by finding the "arc" (distance in degrees) between the progressed Sun and the natal Sun, and adding this distance in degrees to the rest of the planets and points. Because the Sun moves at a rate of almost one degree a day, this method makes it rather easy to estimate positions of progressed planets and points (the degrees of progression are roughly equivalent to the age of the individual).

I don't feel it's ethical to attempt prediction of death or how someone will pass away. Life and living it ethically should be more important:biggrin:

tsquare

Lela,

In my opinion, which chart you respond best to has to do with your opinions, rather than any outside "astrological rule". The birth chart is your birth potentials. The transit chart is the movement of the world around us at a certain time. The progressed chart is the "inner movement" of the world around us: a map of our evolving self. Perhaps you are very "tuned into" the you who you are becoming and so find your progressed chart the most useful.

Different astrologers will use different prediction techniques for love connections. In general look for connections in the transit chart of Venus (love) and Jupiter (opportunity), to find possible "love times".

Opinionating,

Tim

Interesting opinion and a way of putting progressions.
I look at my progressed chart every now and then, and I do see that it does seem to be how I am er...progressing, becoming, or trying to become. I am not exactly sure which of those is the best way to put it.