relocating natal charts

rogue_red

Hi there, I have been doing some work on my natal chart and the natal charts of both my parents. In particular I am looking for astrological correlation to major events. I was born in Invercargill and whilst living there my father died. I was 14 and he was in singapore with my mother on holiday at that time. Do I relocate his natal chart to singapore for the transits he was experiencing at that time? Also exactly seven years later to the day my grandad died (fathers father). I was living in Auckland at the time. Do I relocate my natal chart to Auckland to calculate the transits at that time?
Once the charts have been relocated and transits done are they interpreted like a normal trans to natal chart?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Maggie

BobZemco

rogue_red said:
Hi there, I have been doing some work on my natal chart and the natal charts of both my parents. In particular I am looking for astrological correlation to major events. I was born in Invercargill and whilst living there my father died. I was 14 and he was in singapore with my mother on holiday at that time. Do I relocate his natal chart to singapore for the transits he was experiencing at that time?

Also exactly seven years later to the day my grandad died (fathers father). I was living in Auckland at the time. Do I relocate my natal chart to Auckland to calculate the transits at that time?
Once the charts have been relocated and transits done are they interpreted like a normal trans to natal chart?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Maggie
You shouldn't have to do any of that. I spend a great deal of time studying death in charts, and you're going to need to look at progressions in addition to transits. Instead of flapping my lips, I thought I'd show you a chart so that you can see better.

What are you looking at? Let me direct your attention first to the most striking features of the chart.

Progressed Sun conjunct progressed Mars in the inner wheel. Note that the conjunction is exact. Also note that while is in the natal 5th House, it is in the progressed 4th House.

The 4th House (natal or progressed) tells you the manner of death. What was the manner of death? Sun/Mars conjunction? Violent? Yes. He was executed by the state. This is the chart of Ted Bundy at the time of his execution. He was born in Vermont but executed in Florida, yet we use Vermont for the progressed and transiting charts.

Note that Mars rules both the natal 4th and natal 9th Houses and the progressed 8th House. Those houses are activated by the Sun/Mars conjunction. The Sun rules the natal Ascendant.

The next most striking feature is transiting Neptune exactly square progressed Neptune. Neptune rules the natal 8th House.

Next, transiting Pluto is nearly conjunct the IC, and it sextiles very closely the progressed Sun/Mars conjunction. Pluto rules the natal 4th with Mars.

The next striking feature is the transitng Moon conjunct transiting Vertex in the 1st House. The Vertex is sort of like a "fate point" in a chart. The progressed Vertex also opposes the progressed Ascendant. The Moon rules the 12th House. Also note that transiting Uranus in the natal 4th opposes the progressed Moon in the natal 10th.

Mars is also transiting the natal 8th/progressed 9th and sextiles the progressed Moon, ruler of the 12th.

The progressed Ascendant is at 29° Virgo 29' getting ready to enter Libra. The planets and ASC/MC getting changing signs usually marks significant events.

That's your 4/8/9/12 connection and that's what you look for in the progressed/transiting charts. Normally you would also do a Solar Return chart and examine it for confirmation. In this case the Solar Return chart would have to be relocated to Florida.

Where people die of natural causes or illnesses, you see trines, for accidents/violent deaths, conjunctions and squares. In astrology, the same theme can be expressed a dozen different ways but in all cases related to death, it will involve the rulers of the 4th/8th/9th and 12th Houses.

I hope that gives you an idea of you should be looking for.

Attachments

• Bundy.gif
    Bundy.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

rogue_red

Thanks for your reply bob. Its so much easier if I dont have to do all the relocations thats for sure. The reasons Im trying to do the correlation (especially for my dads chart) is because I have no idea what time he was born so I need to rectify his chart. And yes I know its going to be a job and a half. I decided to start with birth times between midnight and 7 a.m as statistically 75% of natural births occured during those hours. I know people dont like to mention death and astrology in the same sentence but it would really help if i knew what I was looking for. I was thinking his poorly aspected venus in leo, possibly in fourth house.
*runs away and progresses dads chart*
Ok. Now I progressed my dads chart and ran transits on it for the time he died. And there is a couple of things, Pr. sun conj N. Venus in Leo (both at 9 deg leo), Progressed mars (muscularity, red blood cells) 2 deg scorpio(rulership) in 6th house, Transiting saturn(blockages) and pluto(destruction) in 6th house.
My dad had high blood pressure and heart disease. He died suddenly of a myocardial infarction. (blockage of corony artery to the heart resulting in myocardial necrosis).
I really dont know. Am I like totally grasping at straws or what!
I am so in awe of some of the people on here and their knowlege on astrology. Its a huge huge topic of study and Im still in kindergarten:)

Attachments

• astro_245gw_103_dad_1982917.32337.20793.gif
    astro_245gw_103_dad_1982917.32337.20793.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

BobZemco

Okay, a few things I see that would relate to chart rectification.

The first thing that jumped out was transiting Pluto. It is about to conjunct the Descendant, oppose the Ascendant. Pluto conjunct IC or Descendant is a common theme in death. Does that mean that every time Pluto conjuncts the IC/Descendant death will occur? No. Transiting Pluto conjuncts the IC/Descendant of millions of people every day and they don't die. There will always be multiple major aspects involving the rulers of the natal/progressed 4th/8th/9th and 12th Houses.

Pluto conjuncting the IC/Descendant is just one possible indicator.

I would say your birth time is off by about 14-34 minutes. Pluto at 25° Libra is about 13° of arc off from a conjunction with the Descendant. The Pluto/Nadir conjunction could be within 2° of arc. In the chart I showed you it was about 1°30' or so. His Ascendant is probably around 27° Aries so his birth time would be a little earlier than what you have probably closer to 3:30 am to 3:45 am.

If you search you can find AstroWin and Astro123. It's freeware (literally - no strings attached) and you can use multiple chart views so that you can see the natal/progressed/transit charts together, and you can animate the chart and move if forward/backward in seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years which really helps rectify charts.

If you choose to use AstroWin or Asro123, you'd want to set up a tri-wheel with natal/progressed/transit, then use the animation feature to adjust the chart to bring Pluto close to the Nadir and look at the natal and progressed planets to see how they line up.

Somethings to look for. Jupiter in the 7th rules the 8th. There's a good possibility that progressed Mars will be conjunct natal Jupiter. The progressed Sun is probably also conjunct the IC when you rectify the chart.
The rectified chart might also have Scorpio on the 8th Houes cusp, and notice that Pluto trines Pluto and if ruling the 8th that would be significant. In any event, it looks like Scorpio rules the progressed 8th House, so look at the interplay between transiting Pluto/natal Pluto, and progressed Mars.

Last edited:

rogue_red

I really want you to know how much your help and support means to me Bob. When my dad was alive I spent all my time trying to get his attention and even after death I still feel like I'm chasing him.
I guess, for me, I feel like if I could see his birth chart, then I might understand why he was the way he was.
I am deeply appreciative of your time and insight into this issue.:39:

Blessings

Maggie.

BobZemco

I figured this was part of a healing process for you. Unfortunately, the only way you might get to know him is through his chart.

When you get it close, check marriage aspects. Common ones are transiting Venus/progressed Moon conjunct Ascendant or MC, or progressed Venus/transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant or MC. Those aren't the only indicators, but they are the most common. It should be less than 1° orb, usually about 30' of arc or so.

Andonis

Has anybody used/using JIGSAW as a rectification tool and if so, do you have any opinions as to how good is it?