Tarot reading

I'm not sure if i've posted this in the right part but oh well....

I'm really into tarot readings and in June 2007 i did a few tarot readings over a week and the death card kept being drawn (even though i shuffled really well) and when i tried to time with the cards i got a time around 6 months from then (which would be december) and then yesterday 2nd October 2007 i did another tarot reading and i just wanted a general overview of everything and again i drew the death card yet the with king and queen of pentacles.When i tried again to time with the cards i found it was swords(which is mainly associated with the coldness and sharpness of winter time) and i know that the death card means a big change and i think i can account for some parts

King of pentacles:My dad has taken garden leave from his job which means he wont be working for a bit and this means he will be at home more which is a big change.

But i can't account for the queen and i know it doesn't represent me as i represent myself with a different card and the meaning doesn't relate to me so i'm a little worried about this reading as the death card was in the present (i did the horseshoe spread as this is my prefered spread).

Anyone i tell thinks i am mad and i think that the only people who can help me with this are you on this forum so please help

Am i reading too much into it?
Or is there somthing i am missing?

Please help............

Carole

Sophie:

The Death card rarely represents actual physical death. As you have deduced, it might be talking to you about a deep change or transformation...or an end of any situation or life as you have known it so far.

The Queen of Pentacles might represent your mother or someone who plays that role for you. It could also be reflecting your own attitude towards the situation: practical, mature and grounded.

It's not easy to interprete other's reading, since there is no way to know how well or ill dignified these cards were in that reading.

Carole

Last edited:

Stacey5271

I just want to chime in in agreement that the Death card should not be taken literally. I first started learning the tarot when I was in a very unhappy marriage. Just about every spread I drew for myself for months included the death card. Once I left the marriage and got my life on track, it has rarely if ever come up for me again.

I prefer the Rider-Waite deck and I really tune in to the symbolism on the card. I prefer to look at is as the sun RISING over the devastation - a new day dawning.

Carole

There you have it! It was the end of your marriage what the Death card was representing.:)
Yes, the death card of the Raider Waite deck gives hope. I personally use the Thoth Tarot Deck for its Astrological content, which helps to clarify things a lot.

Cheerio!

Carole

ok thanks for your advice it really helped i guess i'm a bit jumpy at the moment!!
It just annoys me how some of my friends never take this stuff seriously and it's good to be able to learn from the experiences of others on this forum thanks *hugs*

Last edited:

Arianedreams

I use Rider waite deck and personally I think the Death card tends to be a good sign as it signals the end of a situation with no real choice of clinging to it when you should move on unlike the tower which always means to me the person is trying to hold on to a bad situation rather than taking the courage to make the change and therefore bringing a lot more pain than they need to (there are other meanings too ofc).

If it was the Queen of swords in your reading sometimes she means a person who has to learn the hard way and from their own exprerience who doesn't always take good advice on offer. But she does learn and gets wisdom from that in the longer run. Hope this is helpful :)

unukalhai

I'm no tarot master, but I would agree the death card is highly symbolic, and death in a spiritual and experiential sense represents endings in general.

I don't have your birth time, but going with a midday (sun on MC) chart for your birthdate at shown location, your progressed Moon would have recently entered Scorpio, a sign often associated with both symbolic and literal death. The prog Moon cycle is very powerful, and has strong effects on undercurrents, such as what is experienced through reflective divination like tarot.

An interesting bit on the death card:
P.D. Ouspensky in his work titled The Symbolism Of The Tarot said:
Fatigued by the flashing of the Wheel of Life, I sank to earth and shut my eyes. But it seemed to me that the Wheel kept turning before me and that the four creatures continued sitting in the clouds and reading their books.

Suddenly, on opening my eyes, I saw a gigantic rider on a white horse, dressed in black armour, with a black helmet and black plume. A skeleton's face looked out from under the helmet. One bony hand held a large, black, slowly-waving banner, and the other held a black bridle ornamented with skulls and bones.

And, wherever the white horse passed, night and death followed; flowers withered, leaves drooped, the earth covered itself with a white shroud; graveyards appeared; towers, castles and cities were destroyed.

Kings in the full splendour of their fame and their power; beautiful women loved and loving; high priests invested by power from God; innocent children--when they saw the white horse all fell on their knees before him, stretched out their hands in terror and despair, and fell down to rise no more.

Afar, behind two towers, the sun sank.

A deadly cold enveloped me. The heavy hoofs of the horse seemed to step on my breast, and I felt the world sink into an abyss.

But all at once something familiar, but faintly seen and heard, seemed to come from the measured step of the horse. A moment more and I heard in his steps the movement of the Wheel of Life!

An illumination entered me, and, looking at the receding rider and the descending sun, I understood that the Path of Life consists of the steps of the horse of Death.

The sun sinks at one point and rises at another. Each moment of its motion is a descent at one point and an ascent at another. I understood that it rises while sinking and sinks while rising, and that life, in coming to birth, dies, and in dying, comes to birth.

"Yes," said the voice. The sun does not think of its going down and coming up. What does it know of earth, of the going and coming observed by men? It goes its own way, over its own orbit, round an unknown Centre. Life, death, rising and falling--do you not know that all these things are thoughts and dreams and fears of the Fool"?

This work is out of copyright, being published in 1913, and can be read online at
http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/sot/index.htm