Thyroid problems

Re: 5-planet stellium

WOW!!! You guys are AWESOME! Weird how I found this forum by "accident"...

The odd thing that has happened with Harmoni, a very special little girl, is that something affected her thyroid several years ago, unknown to everyone until she started growing breasts at age 4. She was also very tall for her age, but her mother and siblings are all tall (sister is 6'1") so no one really thought too much about it until the signs of puberty started appearing. When she started menstruating :eek:, her mother had some tests run and found out about her dysfunctional thyroid. They believe it was caused by estrogens inside the new car??? hmmm...

Harmoni used to be very emotional but has changed recently, perhaps because of the medicine they have her on? She will be stunted, under 5 feet, because of this problem. Do you think that was predicted in her chart??? I need to get her grandmama (my sister Kristi) to comment here, to describe her present situation since I can't contribute any further info. :(

Thanks so much for this incredible forum!!!
Cheri

Last edited by a moderator:

Awakened_Pisces

The Thyroid is inside the neck. I believe the neck/head is ruled by Aries. There's nothing inside Aries, but she's an Aries DSC(Descendent,ex:setting). So maybe there's something there. But in regards to her early hormones, this is screaming of that stellium:

Moon(Personal Growth) ruled by Natal Cancer in a stellium. Her feminine traits will appear alot sooner. So I think, her problems are evidence of her Cancer ASC and the stellium. Also, that post mentioned above about Libra ASC. She's gonna be a smexy one :D.

starlink

her problems are evidence of her Cancer ASC
???
She has a Libra Asc. but yes, all those planets ruled by the Moon and squaring her Asc. could be one of the reasons.
Also we should take her 6th house ruler Jupiter in account, also in Cancer. Jupiter in cancer is litterally expansion of breasts as the sign Cancer stays for everything motherly. Ovaries also falls under Cancer as does menstruation cycle. Mercury and the sign Taurus show thyroids and Mercury also squares her Asc. I have never heard of this before. It is most unusual and interesting to look at from an astrological p.o.v. In fact, this phenomena could be put in the medical astrology forum.

aquarius7000

The odd thing that has happened with Harmoni, a very special little girl, is that something affected her thyroid several years ago, unknown to everyone until she started growing breasts at age 4.
Cheri,

Thyroid problems don't surprise me with Harmoni's exact-to-the-degree Venus-Uranus' 'opposing energies', with Venus as the ruler of Taurus - ruling the thyroid gland; and Uranus, as usual, over exciting things and taking them in the 'un-conventional' direction. After reading about menstrual problems in your post, and knowing from my previous post that Harmoni has many planets in Cancer (everything that is womanly: breasts, ovaries, menstrual cycle), I immediately looked for a Moon-Pluto aspect, and there it was - an inconjunct - though 8° wide, but I'll consider it, since the Moon is involved here. Also, since the thyroid gland is the first endocrine gland, and endocrine glands are said to be co-ruled by Neptune, I looked for challenging aspects from Nep to her personal planets; again came across an inconjunct, this time only 3°wide - from Nep to Moon (breasts & menstrual cycle) in Cancer, and also to Mercury (Mer is said to co-rule thyroid). Note also that both her Cancer Moon and Mercury are also closely opposed by Chiron (wounds and conflicts), which (in turn) is located in the natural house of the Cancer/Moon (the 4th). Since, however, the ruler of her sixth house, Jupiter is not that afflicted (except for an inconjunct to Ura) and sort of acts as her guardian angel being close to her Sun, Harmoni will do okay.:)

Best,
:)Aq7

rubyelixir

suncrystal said:
WOW!!! You guys are AWESOME! Weird how I found this forum by "accident"...

The odd thing that has happened with Harmoni, a very special little girl, is that something affected her thyroid several years ago, unknown to everyone until she started growing breasts at age 4. She was also very tall for her age, but her mother and siblings are all tall (sister is 6'1") so no one really thought too much about it until the signs of puberty started appearing. When she started menstruating :eek:, her mother had some tests run and found out about her dysfunctional thyroid. They believe it was caused by estrogens inside the new car??? hmmm...

Harmoni used to be very emotional but has changed recently, perhaps because of the medicine they have her on? She will be stunted, under 5 feet, because of this problem. Do you think that was predicted in her chart??? I need to get her grandmama (my sister Kristi) to comment here, to describe her present situation since I can't contribute any further info. :(

Thanks so much for this incredible forum!!!
Cheri
This is not Astrological advice per se but since she is rather susceptable, I would suggest a nutritionist & ONLY eat CERTIFIED ORGANIC foods. Our food supply is greatly affecting our children as there is estrogen and antibiotics in nearly all meats particularly fast foods. There are lots of kids in my son's elementary school in 4th & 5th grade with fully developed breasts. I was shocked at the Xmas show last year as I thought they were held back from high school! Also I have read reports that Teen pregnancy is down overall. Not due to abstinence or birth control but the boys have low sperm counts due to the amount of estrogen and toxins in foods.

http://www.slate.com/id/2140985/

Harmoni, from her chart, looks very sensitive to this.

Sag Moon

The Thyroid is ruled Taurus for certain IMO as I have an overactive Thyroid and am heavily Taurian.

What ither significators I do not know,but also the 6th/12th ais has been involved for me.

The neck is also ruled by Tau and the head by Aries.

VENUS

my friend has her libra sun conj pluto in the 6th opp her moon. 6th house is also intercepted. she has a serious thyroid problem and needed surgery a couple yrs ago....my grandmother who is also a libra has sun square moon, pluto, on her asc...

yelena234

Sag Moon said:
The Thyroid is ruled Taurus for certain IMO as I have an overactive Thyroid and am heavily Taurian.
What ither significators I do not know,but also the 6th/12th ais has been involved for me.
The neck is also ruled by Tau and the head by Aries.
Hi,

You are very good: I am Taurus and have small thyroid, as also hypotireosis. I was told by doctor, 2005 that I was born with small thyroid.
It is true: Taurus rules the neck; Aries rules the head and face (sinusitis).

In my case also: 6th/12th are involved.

Yelena

Joseph Ledzion

One can be born with indications of illness that are triggered by aspects to the Ascendant, or ruling planets of the house of illness ruler.

One thing to note as well is the Hermatic Lot of Sickness (aka arabian parts), where this lot acts as a Secondary Ascendant. Formula: Asc + Mars - Saturn.

This of course works best using traditional Whole Sign Houses.

http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2007/06/10/whole-sign-houses/

Always the most important thing to look for in medical astrology is the 6th house, and its ruler.

All of the mutable signs are most prone to illness, as well Taurus and Virgo, because of either a fear of disease or a lack of will.

When the ruling planet of the 6th house and 8th house, and Taurus' topic, and Mercury which does in fact rule the thyroid, aspect one another in adverse aspects, by triplicity and rulership, partile, there is certainly potential trouble.

What's interesting is when by transit the dormant illness is awakened, as well as by secondary progression.

Peace be to all who are ill, may they come to use it as a cataylst toward forgiveness of the self.

Joseph Ledzion

tikana

This is interesting topic.. a lot of Chernobyl victims have Thyroid problems.
the number has been steadily climbing up for the last 20 years...

i wonder where would you look for that

T

FLOWER

the thyroid glands belong to MERCURY and the 5th chacra nothing to do with aries.
flower

Claire19

Confusedpisces said:
The Thyroid is inside the neck. I believe the neck/head is ruled by Aries. There's nothing inside Aries, but she's an Aries DSC(Descendent,ex:setting). So maybe there's something there. But in regards to her early hormones, this is screaming of that stellium:

Moon(Personal Growth) ruled by Natal Cancer in a stellium. Her feminine traits will appear alot sooner. So I think, her problems are evidence of her Cancer ASC and the stellium. Also, that post mentioned above about Libra ASC. She's gonna be a smexy one :D.

Taurus rules the thyroid and the neck chin area. Also looking at her Venus will help. Estrogen inside cars?? I would be looking at whether she has a lot of soy milk and other soy products as children ingesting that are reaching puberty rather too early.

Frisiangal

So does this mean that Gemini and Virgo are susceptible to thyroid disease? Thank you for any help. :)

Hi,
If you are thinking in terms of sign rulerships, neither Gemini nor Virgo are astrologically linked to the neck, in which the thyroid gland is situated, but have their own rulerships over specific areas of the body.

If you are thinking in terms of Sun signs, any sign can be susceptible to, but not necessarily develop thyroid complaints, if there is a link through harsh aspect to Taurus and the houses associated with health issues. This can be through positions in the natal chart or via important transits and/or progressions.

A Google search of 'astrology-thyroid' provides many sites with information regarding planetary involvement in thyroid issues.