A guy predicted me death........so scared and annoyed....

waybread

Backy, let it go!

I mean seriously. The life and health insurance industries would love to have accurate "death clocks." So would bookies and betting agencies.

It can't be done with accuracy. For every astrological "success" story, if we call it that, there are plenty of mistakes.

Another challenge might be to give a group of astrologers the birth charts of, say, 3 anonymous people born around the same time, and ask them to identify the chart of the one person who had died.

One thing you are right about: the "guy on the Internet" who gave you these scare stories does not know much astrology. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

But to me the big clincher against death prediction are the natural and cultural disasters in which hundreds or even hundreds of thousands of people are killed almost simultaneously. A big airplane crash. The earthquake in Haiti. The tsunami in southeast Asia. An atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima during WW II.

Well, obviously all of these victims--of all different ages and birth times-- could not have had birth charts close enough to one another so that they all would have aligned on the same death moment: even if we spread out deaths over a day to allow for people who did not die immediately upon impact. This just isn't astrological common sense.

People are born all the time with really crummy aspects. They don't die from them, but live to ask astrologers to read their charts. I think astrology can suggest when to be alert for a tough time in your life, but that is different than predicting death. Death is like pregnancy: you either are or you are not.

Consequently, I prefer to view the moment of death as similar to the moment of birth--into another dimension.

Last edited:

Backy

I understand :smile:

This is what a guy who is studying astrology told me

" I study astrology also, so what that guy told you makes sense to me. You do in fact have the Sun at the 3rd degree of Aries (in the tropical zodiac), and you do have a Pluto transit going on, along with other interesting stuff (such as Saturn transit to Sun and Neptune transit to Moon).
Some transits can do that to you, or anyone for that matter. In addition to the Pluto transit, I think there's also a Saturn transit (to your Sun) and a Neptune transit (to your Moon) going on. I won't go into any more details since you didn't ask for it, but once again, everything that guy said makes sense to me, with the exception of the part where he might be talking about predicting deaths"

Are those transits good? I forgot to ask him if he meant that i have those transits now, or i will have them together "at age79"

RockFish

Backy, transits manifest themselves in unique ways for each person, it depends on lots of aspects on a chart.

A transit that makes one kill oneself or die can make the good fortune of another.

It's not like you can get a birthdate and just say, youre gonna die at 79 because Pluto will conjunct your sun....

If that was true, everyone who was born on early january would be keeling over right now, because that's where Pluto is located now, early degrees of capricorn.

The man who replied to you is generalizing and he seems to be investigating Pluto and death, but if he makes a unbiased research he will be very disappointed to find out that following Pluto's steps is not enough to predict one's death. You can find a lot of charts with a strong Pluto transit that caused death, but you will find many more where Pluto seems completely inocuous and the person died, or vice versa, Pluto was strong and nothing happened.

I wouldnt sweat it if I were you.

Backy

Thanks for the reply :smile:

Oh, and i will stop here, but just take a look, it's this guy again, really talking all sorts of ********:

"If Pluto is square your Sunsign now, (Pluto is in Capricorn, your Sun is in Aries), then Pluto will conjunct your Sun in about fifty years. However, there seems to be some correlation, at least I have found some, between suicide and Pluto hard aspects to Sun. Pluto square Sun means, (in rudimentary astrological terms) in a nutshell, death-challenge to-self. You could have suicidal intentions during the several years that Pluto squares your Sun. As for Saturn, it is now in Libra, opposite Aries. Saturn can cause difficulties, making your life frustrating and depressing. It rarely means death but it can cause troubles. It could not conjunct your Sun until about fifteen years from now. Then Neptune is in late Aquarius now, square Aries. Neptune like Pluto could take a long time to get to Aries, say about twenty years from now.

Now understand, just being in aspect to your sign does not have much meaning. It is really when the aspect to your Sun position, within a few degrees, that there is any significant effect. So without knowing your exact positions it would be difficult to make any kind of judgement on this question. However, I would say that you should only worry or be scared if you actually do have suicidal tendencies and you are the best judge of that."

Ok, it's clear that he is a true fraud now. Is this making any sense at all what he wrote? I told him to "fuckoff" (literally :tongue: ), and this is his exact reply.

EDIT: But he thought this prediction is for another person, as he replied when i asked about those pluto, saturn and neptune transits, and now he made a prediction only knowing that the person is aries lol

Last edited:

RockFish

Ok, it's clear that he is a true fraud now. Is this making any sense at all what he wrote?

I don't think he is a fraud. I think he is merely, as we say here in Brazil, taking a step larger than his leg. :smile:

He is reducing Pluto's effect to suicide-death, and Pluto is much more than this. Pluto squaring Sun can bring about an urge to transform oneself, to investigate oneself psychologically, one's inner impulses. Death is one kind of transformation, but there are many others and Pluto is about transformation first and foremost.

Backy

I don't think he is a fraud. I think he is merely, as we say here in Brazil, taking a step larger than his leg. :smile:

He is reducing Pluto's effect to suicide-death, and Pluto is much more than this. Pluto squaring Sun can bring about an urge to transform oneself, to investigate oneself psychologically, one's inner impulses. Death is one kind of transformation, but there are many others and Pluto is about transformation first and foremost.

But you do believe that about all these suicidal and dark predictions that he is brining to me are dumb ?

RockFish

I don't see a lot of predictions in what he says.

I think you're reading everything he says as a personal prediction for you, while he is generalizing what can happen to people born with Sun on early Aries or Libra degrees.

Like this kind of thing:

You could have suicidal intentions during the several years that Pluto squares your Sun.

The word "could" means a possibility, not a fact. He is stating possibilities, he is not saying, "You're GONNA have suicidal intentions during...". And Pluto is now squaring Suns of everyone who was born around late march and late september, so my guess is that he is generally speaking, not making a direct and detailed reading for you personally. He is not even claiming to be doing that.

Some of the possibilities he mentions are not far-fetched if you ask me, because Pluto aspecting Sun *can* bring about thoughts of death and/or transformation. Again, it is a possibility out of many.

Backy

Yep, it's clear, but when he says "it will happen in fifty years" or in the "original" statement "it will happen when you are 79", that sounds like a prediction(or an attempt). But yeah because he is generalizing it means everyone who is born on the same day as me, and with similar aspects *could* have suicidal thoughts( i don't have, that's for sure).
The conclusion is clear here definetly, he knows little astrology, but wants to make other people scared with such "predictions" or whatever should we call them.

But thanks for the input anyway :wink:

RockFish

The original statement was:

Pluto would conjunct your Sun at age 79. That would be my expectation if I were you.

He didn't say it will happen, he said it would be his expectation. Very different from "You'll die at the age of 79".

I don't see any ill-intent on his part, is what I'm saying.

Backy

Ok, something on this topic too (i don't ask for the answer just the opinion).

I know my exact birth time, and i am an Aries, while my ascedent is Gemini. Many people say it is a good "horoscope" generally, but can someone forecast death knowing this? I don't ASK for the forecast, but i am only curious? And i heard something about calculating things like "haileg and anaereta" if i spelled correctly. There, death should come when anaereta "strike" haileg.

Claire19

This person was irresponsible and unethical to talk about your death especially as he didnt have even your rising sign.

Pluto is the planet of passing over and the 8th houses and 12th houses plus Neptune would be involved as well. Uranus can mean sudden accidental death, Mars is the planet of death also. THere are may scenarios. By the way Elvis did not die on that day in August 1977. He had major transformations that is for sure and that is what Pluto is all about.

Remember we never do die but just pass into the other realms.

Lost_spirit

Trust me it's not so easy to predict death,and there isn't a single planet that is responsible for death.Astrologers are studying this subject for many years and still even the best astrologers can't be sure whether a possible death date is a death date or simply a dangerous for the health date.
There are many factors involved,I have seen death charts where pluto isn't involved at all,as every death is different,even the Sun can bring death,or any other planet,even good aspects in many cases.Nobody can judge this.
I don't think his intentions were bad,he is just not well informed.

Lost_spirit

And i heard something about calculating things like "haileg and anaereta" if i spelled correctly. There, death should come when anaereta "strike" haileg.

This is a traditional method,the hyleg and anareta,but it involves many calculations,primary directions and still it can't be proven right sometimes.The problem with any death prediction is that there's always the risk of turning into a self fulfilling prophecy.
I believe we can control our fate,especially concerning death,I like to believe that I've already chosen my manner of death,not using astrology,and nobody can convince me that I will die earlier or much later than I think.So please don't try to predict your death using astrology.

DKAngel

When Tr Pluto squared my natal Sun, I came to a crisis point where I was prevented from exercising a professional route in my life which involved some travel. I was devestated but being forced to stay put led me to learn I had a physical condition which would have damaged my heart and prevented me from having children. I ended up getting excellent medical care and the first surgery of my adult life and now....my heart Is fine and I have the ability to have children and after the surgery I followed my heart's true call and started my own business(es) which provide outlet for me to use my creativity. The death was death of old self, a bit of journey through Hades on the River Styx, and a rebirth into a vibrant new me. I branched out spiritually, began professionally using my communications, spirituality, astrology and coaching backgrounds on a fulltime basis AND most importantly, in an integrated manner.

I did not contemplate suicide but I did grieve the old path I thought I was to take AND I did temporarily fear either my death in surgery or the death of my uterus (taking away life), but the only thing that "died" was the old path.

I came out even more confident, laughing alot more and enjoying life. Tr Pluto is now trining my Sun and it is slowly bringing more stability to my life's foundations.

Avoid those who misuse astrology to frighten. Death predictions are unethical and largely inaccurate.

Hey guys.

I have a question, i asked a guy over the internet if it's possible to predict death in astrology and this is what he told me:

"I watched on History Chanell how Nostradamus predicted his death. I have no idea how he did that. But I have predicted my own death on my 80th birthday when several planets will conjunct my sun, including Pluto. I believe that Pluto aspects to the Sun are related to death or "transformation" like rebirth.

In your case, your Sun is at 2 Aries and now Pluto is at 3 Capricorn, square your Sun. That is in my opinion a sort of clue that Pluto is influencing you subconsciously to concern yourself with your death. I wouldn't say it is likely for you to commit suicide but I would just warn you that you might have subconscious impulses in that direction, especially during the coming year or two. You should not play with dangerous drugs or play with weapons or such. Pluto would conjunct your Sun at age 79. That would be my expectation if I were you. But of course lots of other things could kill you by accident or natural disaster whatever, in the meantime.

I have studied many people who have died with Pluto square or opposite Sun, like Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and suicide victims. That's why I think Pluto affects us subconsciously to make us suicide prone. Uranus causes heart trouble too when in aspect to the Sun. And Neptune causes escapist feelings which might cause drug overdose deaths for some like Michael Jackson. And then there are violence type deaths where people attract violence against themselves due to transits like Saturn opposite Mars, and those deaths caused by auto accidents like James Dean, where people seem to drive to their deaths because they are just so excited and frenetic about speed, Uranus opposite Mars. Princess Diana died with Sun conjunct Pluto which everyone goes through once a year.

I should put all my studies in a book some day but I doubt many people are interested."

He doesn't have my birth details, he only knows that i am born on March 23 1990 and that i am male, aries. I don't want to know when i will die, or when i might die, i always thought that life is in my hands.....:sad:

What do you think?

Backy

Yeah, that was my opinion as well.

I know a very good astrologer myself, and he used to give me some very good advices, as i told him my complete birth details, but i told him not to predict anything for me, and regarding death, he believes that there is a free will, but life and death are "carved in stone", and if it says in the horoscope that a person will "die in a plane crash", he can avoid it as much as he wants, but the plane will fall on him one day........

What do you think about this?

I personally believe this is not true.

I just want to live my life like i could die today, and live my day as if its my last

RockFish

I think a horoscope can say how someone is gonna die, the only problem is that very few astrologers will be able to read it correctly, maybe none (not to mention how incredibly pointless it is to find ou how or when you're gonna die).

Imo, astrology is a science of time and therefore reveals events in time, but mankind doesn't have enough knowledge to extract all the information that can be seen in astrology.

I believe our manner of departure from life is set in stone. For instance, some diseases are written in our DNA. I think there's nothing random in death. I think "random" doesn't even exist in general.

I don't believe in free will either, although the illusion of choice is necessary for life to function.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Backy-Right now I have tr Pluto cj my asc, square natal sun which has Saturn right on it pretty much-I am not dead. In 50 more years when Pluto reaches my h4 cusp I will be well over 100.So I don't think the Pluto-theory works at all. BTW I dont think Pluto IS about death. I think Death is Saturn's work.
Our chart is like a road map. every single day we make choices that will determine how and when we die, among other things. If we are told we will die at 79, we may stop looking before we cross the road and consequently get hit by a car!.
Life is about the here and now.Every choice will have consequences whether we know it or not.
If any astrologer had a water tight foolproof way of accurately predicting death, we'd probably have heard of them. But I know of no astrologer who even claims to be confident of doing that.
So I really suggest you forget about the guy who has filled you with pointless fears, because while you are immersed in this, you are focussing on death, rather than life.
Life is very precious. Don't waste a moment of it.
All the best
Lilly

Claire19

Hi Backy, Welcome to the Forum.
Firstly, relax.
Whoever has given you this information, is very much mistaken.
In your case, your Sun is at 2 Aries and now Pluto is at 3 Capricorn, square your Sun. That is in my opinion a sort of clue that Pluto is influencing you subconsciously to concern yourself with your death.

Ok,I have sun at 2 deg lib.When Pluto got to 2 deg cap it conjuncted my ascendant . I did not die. Even though Sat was also transiting my sun at the time...
It is probably *possible* to calculate the age of death from a natal chart, but it is certainly not easy and few astrologers have successfully done this. It involves house rulers as well as transiting planets, and also shows in a progressed chart and all these different modules of astrology need to be in agreement-so there are many things to consider.There is no simple formula that can be applied.

Sure we can find numerous examples of people who died when Pluto was impacting their chart, but equally we can find others that show other aspects, like Saturn or Mars being involved..For actual physical death to occur a whole bunch of factors have to come together astrologically.
A chart can be undergoing very difficult transits but even one helpful trine or even a sextile can be enough to secure the life of the Native.
Many of my own friends, family have died over the years, and I have studied their charts closely-each had very different aspects going on when they died. For example, my friend who died of cancer had very peaceful aspects around her death-the tough time had come in the years leading up to her death-death was a peaceful release for her and that showed in the chart.
Also a death would be reflected in the charts of those associated with the native also.
With Pluto transiting my ascendant and squaring my sun, I was expecting to be ill, but so far I havent been.Matters involving my children have arisen though-the sun is the natural ruler of children.
Under the Pluto transit, I've weeded out a lot of aspects of my life that were crowding me-that's Pluto at its transforming best.Dental work was also part of that transit.
A lot of change is occurring for me under this transit.The sun rules my ninth and natally Pluto is in my ninth so part of this transit for me has been about getting access to my Medical Records, through legal action as a result of surgery (Pluto) several years ago...So these transits can play out in many ways.

Personally I think it's unethical for anyone to purport to actually predict the age of death of another person.This information can be misused and we have all heard of the idea of *self-fulfilling prophecies*.
I wouldn't take that person too seriously.
Cheers
Lilly
Here you say that it is not ethical to predict the death of another person with which I agree. I was only stating the same thing at which you have apparently have issue with. I was not being personal.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Claire: I do not attempt to predict death myself. *Cause of death* is a very different subject-looking more into the Medical side usually as on tee-jay's recent thread.
However, William Lilly and Morin and MANY OTHERS did successfully and accurately predict death. *So it can be done*. I just don't think many astrologers are good enough to do it.I don't think I can do it accurately either.I never claimed to be able to.
But in MY 30 years of experience I have been fairly accurate with determining *cause of death*.
Richard Houck's *Astrology of Death* is an interesting read on this subject.
In this instance, (Backy's) it was done without a TIME OF BIRTH so as determining cause of death always involves the ascendant, it can't have been done properly. That was my point.
Lilly

Last edited: