Work is done, will it be successful? the 10th house question

Sommnium

I just finished writing some paper and in next few days I am going to submit it to one renowned publishing house. Almost one month ago, while in early stages of writing, I cast the horary question: will it be accepted for publishing? My idea was to try to conclude something on my own. However, I realized that my knowledge is too thin at the moment, so here I am at the Beginners' Horary Board.
Can someone please help me with this?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_05_publishing_hr.47255.23099.jpg
    astro_2gw_05_publishing_hr.47255.23099.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 36

BobZemco

I think the ASC 2 degrees rising is not too early (for me too early is less than 2 degrees)

That is not Horary Astrology and I have no idea what you're doing, but you're not doing Horary Astrology. You just can't make up your own rules because you don't like the rules that have been in place for more than 2,000 years (and work).

but I think Moon VOC made the chart radical.

The Moon is the Hour Ruler. The Chart is definitely radical since Moon rules the Ascendant, no doubt about it.

And Moon is NOT Void of Course. Moon is in an applying sextile to Venus.

Even if Moon was Void of Course that has no bearing on whether or not the Chart is radical.

Only the Hour Ruler can determine whether a chart is radical or not.

Can someone please help me with this?

The chart is heavily skewed so I redid here in Whole Sign so people could see it better, and especially since placement of the Midheaven might have some bearing on this Matter.

Seriously, I'm not really sure what significators we should assign here. I think many would be inclined to look at the 10th House (myself included) but this really isn't about obtaining a job or some other position. However it is about reaching a certain status, and that might justify the 10th.

You have a script for a novel, tele-play or screen-play that you're peddling to a publisher in hopes that they will buy the rights to it and publish it, and that to me is Buyer/Seller.

You are Moon, Publisher is Saturn. There are no aspects between the two, and that would indicate "No."

We might look to see if there is a Collection of Light, which would suggest a 3rd Party intervening, especially in this instance where a 3rd Party might represent an Agent, but you can't have a Collection of Light when Saturn is a significator.

We might look for a Transfer of Light, but no Planet can transfer the Moon's Light.

Another possibility might be to treat this as a 2nd House Matter, you trying to gain wealth or substance. The answer there would be "No" since Moon makes no aspects to Sun (2nd House Ruler) or Jupiter.

If we look at the 10th House, it's a little more positive there, but the problem is trying to understand what Bonatti means when he says "the Lord of the 10th." Does he mean the 10th House or the Midheaven?

It doesn't matter here, since Moon is not in aspect with Mars ruling the Aries 10th House by Whole Sign. Bonatti used Alcabitius Houses and that would put Pisces on the Midheaven and its ruler Jupiter is Combust and Moon does not aspect, and that would indicate a "No."

This is just not a good chart. Zalostan prijatelj

Attachments

• Publishing.jpg
    Publishing.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 24

Pan

That is not Horary Astrology and I have no idea what you're doing, but you're not doing Horary Astrology. You just can't make up your own rules because you don't like the rules that have been in place for more than 2,000 years (and work).

The Moon is the Hour Ruler. The Chart is definitely radical since Moon rules the Ascendant, no doubt about it.

And Moon is NOT Void of Course. Moon is in an applying sextile to Venus.

Even if Moon was Void of Course that has no bearing on whether or not the Chart is radical.

Only the Hour Ruler can determine whether a chart is radical or not.

Thank you Bob,

I'm being a novice so I could miss it and I know I have to do more researching. What degree of the ASC rising makes the chart radical? I read from some articles; the radical chart the ASC rising must be between 2-28 degrees.

And yes, after you mention, I research more and I found something about Lily words.

"a chart with 0 - 3 degrees rising, unless the seeker is very young, and his physical charateristic, agree with the quality of the sign ascending." Early degrees may also signify that the matter in question is too premature to judge."

The chart is radical if the seeker is very young and his physical characteristic, agree with the quality of the sign ascending.

I can get it but we don't know if the quarent is very young and what is her/his characteristic? Are you very young and how do you look, Sommnium? :smile:

What about the Cancer ASC in this case? Pls advice, thnaks.

Last edited:

mizz

yes BOB please tell us why is the chart radical with ascending at 3 degrees
and also in a chart if AC is 0 degrees cancer? just came across one in PM

BobZemco

yes BOB please tell us why is the chart radical with ascending at 3 degrees
and also in a chart if AC is 0 degrees cancer? just came across one in PM

Only the Hour Ruler determines if a chart is radical.

These things....

1] Early Ascendant (up to 10°)

2] Late Ascendant (20°+)

3] Ascendant Via Combusta

4] Moon Via Combusta

5] Moon Void of Course

6] Saturn in 1st House and NOT a significator

7] Saturn in 7th House and NOT a significator

8] Saturn in 10th House and NOT a significator

......have absolutely nothing to do with a chart being radical or not.

Most people are getting this nonsense from stupid web-sites and idiot astrologers who don't have a freaking clue what they're doing, don't understand the texts and can't comprehend what they read, and they have misled people into thinking a chart is not radical when one of those 8 conditions exist.

Those 8 conditions (and you can totally ignore #8) are nothing more than WARNINGS to the astrologer that they must take into CONSIDERATION because it may place STRICTURES (limitations or conditions) on the astrologer's judgment.

An early Ascendant is an Ascendant in the first 5°. Lily and only Lily fixes it at 3° but there are no other texts that support Lily's claim. The texts state only in the "early degrees" and that is normally the first 5°-10° of the Sign. It is a warning to the astrologer that the situation has not yet developed fully enough to give an exactly definitive judgment. Sometimes you can see that in the chart itself when a significator is applying by Whole Sign to another significator but they are not yet in aspect (that is they are not in Platic Aspect yet). The chart will often tell you why it is too early. Maybe someone submitted a resume or curriculum vitae and asks if they'll be hired, but the employer isn't hiring yet.

A late Ascendant is an Ascendant in the last 5°-10°. Again, only Lily fixes it at 27°. No other texts support that. A late Ascendant effectively means it's over, and the later the Ascendant, the less likely the Querent will be able to have any impact on the Matter. It often indicates the Querent knows the answer to the Question, but is desperate and asking out of fear and frustration. That is often supported by the Moon being in the 2nd, 6th, 8th or 12th Houses, or being severely debilitated in some way. You often see separating aspects and the Querent's significator separating from Jupiter or Venus, or from a trine or sextile to the Sun but only separated by 1°
is False Hope.

An Ascendant Via Combusta is a warning that the situation could abruptly change. You can usually see that in the chart too, because often a non-significator is applying to a significator. The Moon's condition is important here too. So only a fool would give a definitive "Yes/No" with an Ascendant Via Combusta without spending a few hours (or a few days) scrutinizing the chart.

Moon Via Combusta is similar to the Ascendant Via Combusta. The Querent might suddenly change their mind on the issue and again, read the chart for clues as to why (usually a non-significator in aspect to the significator).

A Void of Course Moon does not make a chart invalid or not radical. As long as the chart is radical, the chart can be read and the chart will tell you why nothing will happen. Void of Course Moon and a late Ascendant occur quite often. It only exaggerates the hopelessness of the Matter.

Saturn in the 1st House (when not a significator) is a warning that there will probably be delays and other problems. The chart will tell you why.

Saturn in the 7th House (when not a significator) is a warning to the astrologer that they don't know enough to render a judgment. Sometimes the Querent is withholding important information. Sometimes the astrologer just doesn't know enough about the subject. Maybe it's a medical Horary and the astrologer doesn't know enough about the disease or injury or the treatments used, and so the astrologer could make an error. Maybe its a legal Horary and the astrologer doesn't understand the difference between a Motion for Summary Judgment and a Motion for Partial Summary Judgment, or doesn't know what a Motion in Limine, Motion in Res Judicata, or Motion for Bifurcation is. The astrologer could make a serious error.

Those things do not make a chart invalid. They do not make a chart not radical. They're just warnings.

So long as the Hour Ruler is in tune with the Ascendant, a chart is radical. End of Story. The End.

When a chart is not radical, the question is usually frivolous or bogus, or just plain stupid, or the Querent is abusing Horary, or the Querent is just nosy or is asking out of morbid curiosity, or is flippant and doesn't really care, or the Querent hasn't properly meditated on the Question for days or weeks.

However, there are certain times when you can read a chart that is not radical. Those are urgent situations. You just got a phone call that someone you care about very much has been rushed to hospital because of an injury or illness and you cast a chart to see if they will be okay. The chart might not be radical, but you can still read it because of the extreme urgency of the situation.

"I saw a cute guy at the shopping mall, is he the one?" is not an urgent question. If that chart isn't radical, then see the above about general stupidity.

This idea that Moon Void of Course or early/late Ascendant makes the chart invalid and not radical and I can ask another Horary, WRONG answer. The chart IS valid, it IS radical (so long as the Hour Ruler agrees), it CAN be read and the answer IS what it IS.

A lot of these people are really sad and pathetic clouded in the stink of desperation and they're grasping at straws trying to make something happen that isn't going to happen and they bend and obfuscate the rules to suit their own personal situations. That is not Horary.

Sommnium

Thank you all for answering my question and especially to Bob for a detailed introduction to warning signs in horary chart. It will be very useful for further reference.

@Pan
I am approaching mid-thirties so I guess I am not too young (although it depends on the perspective :)
Maybe it was too early to ask since I changed basic shape of the paper several times during writing.

In any case, today or tomorrow I am going to submit the paper, and when I receive the answer I’ll let you know about the outcome.

Sommnium

Few minutes ago I sent the paper so the following question is purely academic. When making electional chart for this situation (electronic submission to overseas office) should I look at my local time and place or at the the time/place of the one who received the message?

BobZemco

Few minutes ago I sent the paper so the following question is purely academic. When making electional chart for this situation (electronic submission to overseas office) should I look at my local time and place or at the the time/place of the one who received the message?

Your location.

I cast a chart for Novi Sad 12:25 pm. Ascendant/Sun change 1° every 4 minutes so it's in the ballpark.

For what you're doing, you need Common Signs rising, you have Virgo/Ascendant and Gemini/Midheaven, you need Moon in a Common Sign and Moon is in Sagittarius in partile sextile with Saturn and will separate and trine Jupiter ruling the 7th House and Sun is in the 9th House applying to the Midheaven. Ascendant Ruler Mercury in Taurus, neither good nor bad.

Sun in the 9th House is certainly interesting, if not descriptive (Sun represents partnerships), but Sun is Peregrine. I don't see where this will end up being successful, but I don't where it is entirely negative either.

Sommnium

Thank you Bob for all of your efforts. I really appreciate that.
In this kind of publishing (scientific papers) is very uncomon that any paper is being accepted in its original form. Usually reviewers ask for additional experiments and revisions that can take up to several months of additional work. It is followed by resubmission and new evaluation. So the answer „it is not accepted, but if you do this and that we will consider it again“ is a good one, especially for high profile journals.