Comparing charts of twins

R4VEN

I'm certain this topic has been touched upon in other threads, but I just wanted to throw in something which I'd figured out about some twins, in particular, non-identical twins.

I've always been somewhat twins-obsessed. I've taught heaps of twins, most of them identical, and have always been blown away by how different they are from each other. That is, the differences seem to outweigh the similarities.

I'm currently doing a written reading for the fraternal twin of a woman whose reading I did a couple of months ago. What I'm finding interesting is that even though they were born only minutes apart, and have very similar charts, they each express totally different parts of their charts. She is the achiever, the professional, the `success', while her fraternal twin is the extremely sensitive one, with some mental problems (due mainly to his extreme level of sensitivity) and a far more childlike view of the world. The interesting thing is that both these expressions are found within each chart. The key to it seems to be a T-square between Uranus opp Moon, both square Cap sun. She channels this energy into her Cap sun, while he flounders around with the Uranus, but manages to reach a deeper place than his twin.

I have this theory that sometimes there is too much in one chart for one person to deal with, so twins are born to express different levels of what is essentially the same astrological profile. This puts this observation in the area of spiritual astrology, I guess.

Has anyone noticed a similar thing with twins?

gaer

I have also found the differences between fraternal twins to be huge, although I have also seen some rather weird similarities that are not necessarily obvious at all, at first.

waybread

One of the strangest things I saw was the charts of two identical twins: one autistic and one not. The normal twin posted the charts and asked if anyone could detect the differences. The twins were born only minutes apart; and although there were slight difference in house placements, I couldn't see anything that would explain a difference as significant as autism. I asked about possible differences in their early childhood vaccination schedules (a possible cause of autism) but was told there weren't any.

R4VEN

waybread said:
One of the strangest things I saw was the charts of two identical twins: one autistic and one not. The normal twin posted the charts and asked if anyone could detect the differences. The twins were born only minutes apart; and although there were slight difference in house placements, I couldn't see anything that would explain a difference as significant as autism. I asked about possible differences in their early childhood vaccination schedules (a possible cause of autism) but was told there weren't any.
That's pretty similar to the charts I'm dealing with now - and pretty weird, too.

I did the chart of the `normal' twin first, and pointed out there were indications of bipolar disorder in her chart. She emailed me back that whilst she was not bipolar, her twin was. My take on it is that she is expressing the surface of the chart - the obvious, if you like - and her twin is expressing that which is at a deeper level, and appears to be the family shadow. It's led me to looking at people's charts quite differently. The other thing I've noticed is a cluster of aspects in their charts - and which the bipolar twin expresses - which are also found in the chart of one of my sons who has Asperger's syndrome (which I'm positive had its origins in inmmunisation)

Interestinger and interestinger.

Claire19

Just a comment on twins generally. I have always been interested in the phenomenon and recently came across some information that I was one of twins that faded away in the womb, not terribly uncommon. There are twins in my family and a plethora of Gemini influence. The Vanishing Twin Syndrome described has given me some answers as to why I have always felt rather lonely and in my early days felt there was someone missing. People like me often feel they have to remain alone and indeed I have never married. This was like a bolt out of the blue for me and has answered many questions. In readings I have been told that my twin was a male and male female twins I feel are all the more interesting because of the gender difference. Also the rising sign degree can be different and even mean a different sign on the house cusps which gives differing rulers and makes a lot of difference generally. This I have found with twins I know personally. One is autistic and the other is not.....

The experience in the womb is also crucial I believe and one may receive more nourishment than in the other which gives varying body height etc. We need to take into account the soul evolution of each one as well and of course their past live experiences are different and their various incarnations. I feel that it proves that we bring a lot from the past into this incarnation regardless of being twins or not.

A fascinating subject that I too have done many charts for research, on.

Claire19

I tend to agree with you about immunisation. I am rather anti vaccine and am thankful that I dont have make that decision these days. They inject so many viruses at once into fragile babies and some of them cannot tolerate them. Makes me shudder.....:(

Claire19

waybread said:

It sounds very much like the twin boys I have read, Virgo rising from memory. There has to be strong Mercury influence i.e. Gemini and/or Virgo for twins to be born. With the parental influence as well as the children themselves.
I read the mother's chart whilst she was pregnant and saw indications there that one child would have problems. I even felt that perhaps he would not survive but he has. He is smaller and frailer along with the autism and has other health issues.

Lissa

Just a crazy theory that popped to my head a while ago:

What if one of the twin is the Moon and the other the Sun?(OK,this isn't a new theory).However,on of the twins would express the Sun's aspects and the other would express the Moon's aspects.They would be similar in some points because they both express the whole chart to a certain degree,hwoever,one expresses the Sun in a more stronger way and the other is clearly the Moon.

Just a theory...

R4VEN

Claire19 said:
The experience in the womb is also crucial I believe and one may receive more nourishment than in the other which gives varying body height etc. We need to take into account the soul evolution of each one as well and of course their past live experiences are different and their various incarnations. I feel that it proves that we bring a lot from the past into this incarnation regardless of being twins or not.

A fascinating subject that I too have done many charts for research, on.
I knew a pair of non-identical twin girls when I was a child. One was well-nourished and healthy, whilst the other almost died at birth, and was sickly. I think of them often. Perhaps their souls needed them to experience this duality together. At the end of Year 1, the healthy (and very bright) twin was held back a year to `keep her twin company'. This was the 1950's, and such things were considered OK then.

Lissa said:
What if one of the twin is the Moon and the other the Sun?(OK,this isn't a new theory).However,on of the twins would express the Sun's aspects and the other would express the Moon's aspects.They would be similar in some points because they both express the whole chart to a certain degree,hwoever,one expresses the Sun in a more stronger way and the other is clearly the Moon.
In the twins of whom I wrote on 18/4, one - the male in this case - seems to express the Moon (in opp to Uranus) whilst the `normal' twin - female - definitely strongly expresses their Capricorn sun. They have a t-square involving Uranus, Moon & Sun, and whilst she expresses the sun very strongly, he seems to pick up the Uranus as his strongest expression.

waybread

R4ven, I just learned of another interesting case. A friend of mine has identical twin sisters. One is lesbian and one is straight. I haven't seen their charts and don't know whether their birth times are close. And no, I am not trying to provoke another dust-up with anybody re: whether sexual orientation can be read off a chart. [I think not, but others disagree.]

R4VEN

waybread said:
R4ven, I just learned of another interesting case. A friend of mine has identical twin sisters. One is lesbian and one is straight. I haven't seen their charts and don't know whether their birth times are close. ]
That's a new one, waybread - have not heard of that particular difference. Would be hard to explain using any kind of basis.

In the mid 90's I worked with a lesbian woman whose identical twin sister was also lesbian, and even worked at the same job, but on a different campus. Although in their mid-late 40's, they were so identical that I had to check out who was wearing what on any particular day in order to tell them apart. I can remember thinking that was weird..... them both being lesbians, and being so identical at that age, even though they had lived and worked apart for 25 years.

R4VEN

Claire19 said:
Just a comment on twins generally. I have always been interested in the phenomenon and recently came across some information that I was one of twins that faded away in the womb, not terribly uncommon. There are twins in my family and a plethora of Gemini influence. The Vanishing Twin Syndrome described has given me some answers as to why I have always felt rather lonely and in my early days felt there was someone missing. People like me often feel they have to remain alone and indeed I have never married. This was like a bolt out of the blue for me and has answered many questions. In readings I have been told that my twin was a male and male female twins I feel are all the more interesting because of the gender difference.
Claire, I had intended commenting on this at the time you wrote it, but got distracted..................

I was interested in your story of being a twin to a `vanishing' twin. I have frequently felt that I am also, although by the time I got to realising this, both my parents were already dead, and so there was no-one to consult about this. I have always had private `conversations' with `someone', and have also been a bit twin-obsessed for much of my life. This is something I feel I will never know - and it no longer concerns me,really, but is just curious.

My hairdresser has told me that his 17-yr-old daughter was also a twin to a vanishing twin. Her mother passed `something' about 4-6 weeks after the girl's birth, and they think that this was the un-developed foetus. But what I found interesting was my hairdresser's description of his daughter's behaviour in early childhood. He said that she played `like she was playing with someone else who wasn't there', and would carry on conversations with this `someone'. As a young adult she now has to have a boyfriend, and gets very lonely and down on herself whenever she's out of a r/ship. I don't know if this is a phenomenon from the twins-thing, or just part of being 17!!

PS: I know nothing of this girl's astrology, so I must look into it.

Kerrie

R4VEN said:
As a young adult she now has to have a boyfriend, and gets very lonely and down on herself whenever she's out of a r/ship. I don't know if this is a phenomenon from the twins-thing, or just part of being 17!!

Oh its a teenage thing for sure, made more heavy because of her not having a mother maybe too. It would be interesting to see her birthchart.

R4VEN

Kerrie said:
made more heavy because of her not having a mother maybe too. It would be interesting to see her birthchart.
She has a perfectly live & well mother, father & brother.

Next time I have a hair appt I'll ask my hairdresser for her birth details. I have her brother's, since he's been having relationship `problems', but I'd like to see hers also.

ladyanachronism

Here is the chart for my best friend, who is a twin. They are born 3 minutes apart:

twins.gif

Her twin is a boy, for starters.... but I'd say they have some similarities.
I am soo envious of their Venus, Mars and Jupiter stellium in Leo! Both very magnetic people, but particularly the male... he has had many many girlfriends, is very extroverted in love, and a total drama queen, but I have yet to see any depth or empathy for other people. On the other hand, although very friendly and sobiable, she is more reserved when it comes to the oppoiste sex. I think the Virgo rising has the influence over her. She lacks self esteem he has. She is studious, and although he is intelligent, he is very lazy.
They both take immense pride in their appearance, too... very unique dressers. (Leo again?)

waybread

I just learned of an on-line article by Australian astrologer Alice Portman. She believes that dwad charts help to delineate differences between twins and others with nearly identical birth charts:
http://astrologeraliceportman.xanaduonline.com.au/astrology/duad/twins.html

Sorry, I can't get this link to open. For some reason it also appears differently on my post than when I compose my message. If you can't open it either, just google Alice Portman astrologer and her site should come up. Just click on her article titles and you should find it.

R4VEN

waybread said:
I just learned of an on-line article by Australian astrologer Alice Portman. She believes that dwad charts help to delineate differences between twins and others with nearly identical birth charts:
http://astrologeraliceportman.xanaduonline.com.au/astrology/duad/twins.html

Sorry, I can't get this link to open. For some reason it also appears differently on my post than when I compose my message. If you can't open it either, just google Alice Portman astrologer and her site should come up. Just click on her article titles and you should find it.
waybread, the link worked fine for me...........

Thanks for that link. It certainly explains the differences, although my brain got a bit lost amongst the details. I've read about duads, but have not really pursued them. So far I have not had the desire to. Perhaps the time is now.

Former Australian cricket captain Steve Waugh is a twin (non-identical), and his twin, Mark, also played cricket for Australia for a number of years. They are so different as people, even though born something like 4 mins apart. They are Gemini's, but only Mark has that joker-Gemini personality. Steve is serious and dedicated, married early and had 3 children, is a very proud Dad, and has set up a charity for children in India. Mark only married at around the age of 40, and his particular post-cricket passion is race-horses and racing. Mark is fussy - even vain - about his appearance, while Steve is not at all, and considers any attention to one's appearance to be a bit `girly'. So apart from having the same parents and siblings, and playing elite sport in the same team, they have almost nothing in common. I guess this is where the duads come in.

Virinchi

i know in vedic/KP method you just pick sublords of each cusp and you can easily read differences between twins born in difference of even 2 minutes

waybread

Virinchi, western astrologers borrowed dwads (duads) from the vedic dwadasamsas charts. Wouold you mind explaining how these work in vedic astrology? Is this the same as the sub-lords of house cusps that you mentioned? It might be be helpful for R4ven and others interested in problems of "astro twins" who live very different lives.