How can two opposite signs not be in opposition?

soratothamax

Say for instance someone has Sun in Taurus 27 degrees 27 and Jupiter in Scorpio 12 degrees 15. That is not an opposition aspect.

But wouldn't there still be complications considering they're opposite signs in the zodiac?

soratothamax

So would oppositions by sign have a similar influence to a person who is opposition by aspect?

Would it be like the Sun opposition Jupiter?

This person seems to have a huge problem with stability and prefers to live life on the edge...She loves travel of all sorts and doesn't enjoy stability and hates peace. She gets itchy when things are too comfortable. She's never had a stable home and doesn't want one.

So even though she doesn't have an opposition would that opposition still be influencing her?

Let me post the person's chart as an example.

Oh boy I think this belongs in Read My Chart now. :pinched:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_08_0222.13562.29428.jpg
    astro_2gw_08_0222.13562.29428.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

dr. farr

Vedic astrology, and ancient Hellenist astrology used aspects by signs, not by degrees; I consider that apsects by degrees dominate, but if there is no aspect by degree, then I consider aspect by sign as a potential, diffuse (mild type) of aspect.
Modernist astrology does not consider aspect by sign to be operative.
So, come to your own conclusion regarding aspects, that is, whether or not you decide to "count" aspects other than the straight degree based -aspects, as effectual....

Inconjunct

Say for instance someone has Sun in Taurus 27 degrees 27 and Jupiter in Scorpio 12 degrees 15. That is not an opposition aspect.

But wouldn't there still be complications considering they're opposite signs in the zodiac?

By solar arc directions, an opposition between her SA Jupiter and her natal Sun would form at around the age of 15, moving on a couple years later. She would therefore have experienced an opposition of sorts between these two planets in her adolescence and also when transiting Jupiter hit the opposition point with her natal Sun

soratothamax

Wow thanks for the info. adolescent years were spent with extravagance and overconfidence in her own abilities. She often "rebeled" and went against herself.

I think I'll use both as aspects, both by degree and signs...or I'll consider both. Thanks again. :)

theV

I asked a lot of people if my saturn opposite my venus-sun and they said no despite all effects of this aspects applies on me

JUPITERASC

I asked a lot of people if my saturn opposite my venus-sun and they said no despite all effects of this aspects applies on me
fwiw IMO theV your Sun/Venus conjunction is most definitely opposed by Saturn and not only by sign but also by aspect :smile:

dr. farr

They are in opposition by sign

HOWEVER, relative to the "stronger" opposition BY DEGREE:

For me, the orb is to wide: if Saturn is at 22 degrees and Sun/Venus span 9 to 13 degrees, that's a nearly 13 degree orb from Sun to Saturn, and if we average the Sun/Venus conjunction (mid point of conjunction @ 10.5 degrees) that would be an 11.5 degree opposition orb: true, Traditionalist astrology tends to use wide (very wide) orbs, however, since the maximum orb many others (like me) use for a conjunction involving the Sun, is 7 to 8 degrees (stretching to the maximum) I would not consider a degree-based opposition to exist in the reference chart (from my point of view and the orbs I follow)

It would be of value to check the declinations of the planets involved, to see if a contra-parallel exists.

Venus is combust the Sun, though, in the reference chart...

Last edited:

theV

But some of thing I read are true very true they told me that The orb is almost 10 degrees.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

But some of thing I read are true very true they told me that The orb is almost 10 degrees.
theV, some traditional astrologers say the orb of aspects between Sun and Saturn is 12º and can even be as much as 13º 30'!!

Table showing maximum distance at which planets are in orb of each other states:

Sun = 15
º and Saturn = 9º
SO then
15º + 9º= 24º
which is then divided in half to find “the moiety of the orb” and the result is 12º

Your sun is 13º away from opposing Saturn directly so may be possibly 1º “out of orb”

BUT at the top of the table are these words: “The emboldened figures use the most commonly accepted orb allowance.
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] The figures in normal type indicate a wider allowance accepted by some”

Therefore since IMO your own personal experience indicates a Sun opposition Saturn experience, then you are of course entitled to accept the wider orb allowance of 13º 30' as shown on the table at
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html[/FONT]

IMO for the individual, experience/perception of one's own life is what matters :smile:

dr. farr

I agree-one's experiences ARE what matters (over theoretical or "official" indications)
However, in this case, while I do not accept that there is a DEGREE based opposition, I fully concur that there IS an opposition BY SIGN, and, for me, this could account for the OP's experience of a Saturn opposition Sun/Venus situation.

theV

I confirm I have sun-venus Opp saturn based on my personal exp. My father and i doesn't get along He's been absent for my hole life I have a lot of male issues esp I am man i've been sexually abused and I lack self-esteem and have a lot of personal insecurities.But I am not that discipline maybe it goes to Moon-jupiter and mars uranus and neptune aspects but

i think we goes through all of this for one purpose that what saturn want to teach use

Judy_AzVirgo

Would it be like the Sun opposition Jupiter?

This person seems to have a huge problem with stability and prefers to live life on the edge...She loves travel of all sorts and doesn't enjoy stability and hates peace. She gets itchy when things are too comfortable. She's never had a stable home and doesn't want one.

I'm not sure why you think that this description of her would relate to Sun-Jupiter. I'd look at her prominent Uranus, conjunct her South Node and ruling her MC .... a natural affinity for risk-taking, rebellion, and maybe living on the edge.

I wouldn't read Sun opposite Jupiter in these terms. Love of freedom, yes, and maybe an inflated sense of self or over-opinionation. But itchy feet and a dislike for stability feel more Uranian to me, especially a Uranian square... she does have a wide square from Uranus to her Ascendant and Ascendant ruler.

PS: I have natal Sun opposite Jupiter, and it hasn't manifested in the ways you describe.

PPS: This is a real chart? Born 1923???

Judy_AzVirgo

I confirm I have sun-venus Opp saturn based on my personal exp. My father and i doesn't get along He's been absent for my hole life I have a lot of male issues esp I am man i've been sexually abused and I lack self-esteem and have a lot of personal insecurities.But I am not that discipline maybe it goes to Moon-jupiter and mars uranus and neptune aspects but

i think we goes through all of this for one purpose that what saturn want to teach use

My heart goes out to you!

But I wonder if it's Saturn opposing Sun-Venus that reflects your issues? Saturn for sure is involved. It is the only planet in your chart that is located above the horizon. In retrograde, in Pisces, in the 8th, your Saturn could well represent an absent father.

You have a much closer Saturn opposition, between Saturn and Chiron, which I suspect could reflect the abuse problem you have experienced. Saturn-Chiron could also indicate trust issues and difficulties with authority figures.

theV

My heart goes out to you!

But I wonder if it's Saturn opposing Sun-Venus that reflects your issues? Saturn for sure is involved. It is the only planet in your chart that is located above the horizon. In retrograde, in Pisces, in the 8th, your Saturn could well represent an absent father.

You have a much closer Saturn opposition, between Saturn and Chiron, which I suspect could reflect the abuse problem you have experienced. Saturn-Chiron could also indicate trust issues and difficulties with authority figures.

Thank you You have lightened my life It really good to hear something good when you said My heart goes out to you! my heart bumped up. I woke up everyday and I don't want to live I wish i sleeps for end time There is no one out there to say to me it will stick together this day will pass. no day passes with out a suicidal though crosses my thought. Than I think I don't have right to take my life only god has right to do that and I am still surprised how I manged to survive after all 5 years without showing any pain and thing that hurts the most is even the closet people to me is not there my father told that I am woman and My sister (I don't if she was joking) told me that he said I am not he is son.