Sabian Symbols and Midpoints

Elianah

I brought this up in synastries but thought I'd switch it to its own topic because I am finding some interesting correlations between some of my midpoints and the information the symbols are providing.

I was working with my t-square and when I looked at the midpoint of the opposition it was within 37 minutes of being exactly conjunct my Sun, which is the focal point of my t-square.

The Sabian Symbols for 3 and 4 Leo read:

123__(3°)
MATURE WOMAN, HER HAIR JUST BOBBED, LOOKS INTO MIRROR Sense of freedom from age and realization of the value of youth. Self-creation and independence from fate. Will-power.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptionally effective self-mobilization for the sake of personal ambition, and when negative, wholly inadequate appreciation for the self and its destiny.

124__(4°)
ELDERLY MAN GAZES AT MOOSE HEAD ON CLUBROOM'S WALL Self-development through the culture of masculine activities. Subservience of individual to social pattern of behaviour. Taste.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptional capacity for winning and holding the esteem of men, and when negative, dependence on applause and a playing to the gallery to get it.

Now, of course, it does make sense that the focal planet would be in the neighborhood of the midpoint of the opposition (depending, naturally, on the size of orb one uses and which planet the focal planet makes the most exacting square to of the opposition). This lead me to check what the Sabian says for the midpoints of the squares: 18° Gemini 27 and 17° Virgo 43.

79__(Gemini 19°)
LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME ON DISPLAY IN A MUSEUM'S ARCHIVES Reserve of collective knowledge and wisdom beyond true individual self-expression. Deference to past experience.
___*When positive, the degree is a special capacity for the recovery of prior advantages or the effective disentanglement of present involvements, and when negative, a slavish worship of tradition and authority.

168__(Virgo 18°)
TWO EXCITED YOUNG GIRLS EXPERIMENT WITH A OUIJA BOARD Human desire for contact with the beyond. Inquiry. Restless questioning of superficial facts of being. Immature curiosity.
___*When positive, the degree is cleverness in making use of everyday insights and intimations, and when negative, a bondage to superstition and a surrender to the unknown.

Now these two midpoints create a t-square with my natal Moon (16°19)-Saturn Rx (19°43) conjunction in Sagittarius, its midpoint being 18°01. The midpoint's Sabian is:

259__(19°)
PELICANS, DISTURBED BY MEN,MOVE TO PLACES UNKNOWN Inward re-emphasis of foundations. Recuperation by retreating within. The introvert's escape. Moving about in reorientation.
___*When positive, the degree is the indomitable originality by which the human spirit remains at a forefront of everyday accomplishment, and when negative, an unreasonable attitude and fundamentally unsocial instincts.

Interesting stuff to ponder...

Elianah

Kite

Elianah - I've been looking at midpoints for oppositions in Composite charts to get a sense of the conflicts at hand. Makes perfect sense to look at them in the natal charts as well.

I do think it's important to look at the apex planet's polarity point because much of the t-square's energies manifest there. Also, I think a liberal orb for t-square's should be considered. For instance, in your case I would look at Uranus as another t-square focal point on the same opposition since it may very well modify the first one by providing more information. In your case Uranus..the ruler of astrology makes for a very intrigueing mid-pint of the t-square. The Sabian which is 12 Leo reads:

132__(12°)
A GARDEN PARTY IS IN FULL SWING UNDER JAPANESE LANTERNS Easy intercourse of human souls in moments of relaxation from strain. Examination of, or self-loss in social values.
___*When positive, the degree is a genuine social maturity and a effective capacity for working with others, and when negative, a lack of all appreciation for the underlying reality of life itself.

It's polarity point 12 Aquarius reads:

312__(12°)
LIFE'S BROAD STAIRWAY: EACH LANDING, A NEW GRADE OF LIFE Points of pause and tradition, where the soul can evaluate its progress. Graded effort. Necessity for divorcing the past.
___*When positive, the degree is an effective forward point of view and a genuine capitalization on all prior accomplishment, and when negative, frantic efforts to keep ahead of others.

Based on what I know about you and all your educational accomplishements and your spiritual/metaphysical views, this sounds very much attuned to your work and values since we are talking polarity point Aquarius in the 2nd house (Aquarius also in 3 with Chiron though).

Kite