Classic Gemini MC dilemma

PlutorisingLee

I'm stressing over my path in society (let's call it career, if you like :crying:).
I seem to have chosen 7 different careers options at the same time and now I'm exhausted and confused. Naturally, wanting to "do it all" has left with the realization that I have to choose.
Another big thing is: I'm starting to wonder if I would find it more fulfilling not in status/money careers but in helping people.
Can you shed light on my double trouble 10th house? Should I be helping people? Maybe I can "have it all"?
I'm also feeling it is either career or romance= 21 century girl problems. :sleeping:
You see- me and stress= not good. If you watched Mad man you know it aint easy.

But would love your ideas with that too!
To help you out- my main fields of choice are between research and academic fields and advertising or artistic career or helping people and saving the world for free.
Or doing nothing due to my confused state...:innocent:

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 47

Osamenor

Staff member
Have you decided that you definitely have a Gemini MC? I remember you were unsure about that, not too long ago.

If this is indeed the correct chart with the correct house placements, it makes a lot of sense that there's so much idealism in your desires. Sixth house cusp (house of your day to day work, routines) is in idealistic Aquarius. That could mean that you really need your day to day work to fit your ideals, whatever those ideals are. And that you're more concerned with working your ideals than with making money.

But I think the real reason for your multiple competing desires is that your planets are so spread out. People with planets spread around the chart, instead of concentrated in certain houses, tend to have diverse interests and need to keep their fingers in multiple pies. No matter what you do for a job, you'll need to pursue other interests too. If not multiple careers (although you might have more than one career in your lifetime), then multiple hobbies, multiple goals, multiple commitments.

That you want to help people probably stems from having most of your planets in the Western hemisphere (righthand side of the chart). That's the other-oriented side of the chart. If that side is dominant for you, you're not all about me, myself, and I, you have a strong need to give, and cooperate with others.

I'm also feeling it is either career or romance= 21 century girl problems. :sleeping:
It's not either career or romance if you have a good work/life balance. If you marry and have children, you might be faced with a question of whether to pursue a career or be a homemaker/SAHM, at least temporarily, but if all you're considering right now is romance, it's not an either/or choice. Most people in this day and age, of both sexes, have both romance and a career.

To help you out- my main fields of choice are between research and academic fields and advertising or artistic career
And where are you in regards to being prepared for any of those careers? Are you currently studying? If so, what kind of track are you on? If not, what education do you have?

Do you have any work experience related to any of those fields? If so, that would give you an idea of whether it really is for you.

or helping people
All work is helping people. It's just a question of how.

Ever read the book What Color Is Your Parachute? They frame all job-type ambitions as, "I want to help people with...." If you want to be a psychotherapist, you probably want to help people solve their personal problems. If you want to be an auto mechanic, you want to help people get their cars fixed. If you want to be a realtor, you want to help people buy and sell homes. Auto mechanic and realtor might not be thought of as helping professions, but they do help people.

So no matter what you do, you will be helping people.
and saving the world
You can't save the world. You can do your part to make things better for the people around you, but single handedly save the world? Nope, nope, nope. No one can do that. People might delude themselves into thinking they're the savior of the world because they do x, but that's just a delusion.

Even making things better for the people around you doesn't necessarily have to happen through the stated mission of your day job. It's nice if it does, and if you have your sixth house cusp in Aquarius, you might be particularly drawn to an idealistic day job--kind of like a friend of mine whose day job is data entry for an activist non-profit, and real passion is activism--but it's quite possible to make things better for the people around you while working as a bank teller or shoe salesperson. So don't think you absolutely must have a job saving the world!
for free.
Unless you're independently wealthy, you can't afford to work for free. If you do any kind of volunteering, make sure that you're not overspending your energy on unpaid labor. If you do that, you'll burn out and not be able to support yourself. You need to get paid enough to make a living, and paid what you're worth.
Or doing nothing due to my confused state...:innocent:
What do you currently do day to day?

PlutorisingLee

Have you decided that you definitely have a Gemini MC? I remember you were unsure about that, not too long ago.
If this is indeed the correct chart with the correct house placements, it makes a lot of sense that there's so much idealism in your desires. Sixth house cusp (house of your day to day work, routines) is in idealistic Aquarius. That could mean that you really need your day to day work to fit your ideals, whatever those ideals are. And that you're more concerned with working your ideals than with making money.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is the correct chart after deliberation and much checking. So I trust it. I have not thought of it being idealistic- I do care about money it is just that I can't do something that has no meaning or that is boring. Using my skills is my top priority. So yes you are right!
But I think the real reason for your multiple competing desires is that your planets are so spread out. People with planets spread around the chart, instead of concentrated in certain houses, tend to have diverse interests and need to keep their fingers in multiple pies. No matter what you do for a job, you'll need to pursue other interests too. If not multiple careers (although you might have more than one career in your lifetime), then multiple hobbies, multiple goals, multiple commitments.
I have not thought of that...I do have many interests and it is hard for me not to become disappointed with a path after a few months. At the same time I see all this Taurus in 8th house - seems pretty focused to me as a theme (Taurus-Scorpio). I do want to have more then one career if I can but I want to be good at it! And I do notice doing so many things at the same time leaves me with nothing. Another big concern here for me is- stress. I like many things but I recognize I am prone to depression and needing time alone to gain strength- which rules out many career paths I desire. i guess I shouldn't ignore money too. is there any indication of what might work there? Looking at Jupiter in Virgo makes me think teaching (12 house) makes me think healing/psychology.
That you want to help people probably stems from having most of your planets in the Western hemisphere (righthand side of the chart). That's the other-oriented side of the chart. If that side is dominant for you, you're not all about me, myself, and I, you have a strong need to give, and cooperate with others.
Oh you mean planets spread between 7-12 houses? Does that also make me a huge introvert and hermit? Lol. I though these are inner houses= introverted.
I can be selfish too! Of course.
It's not either career or romance if you have a good work/life balance. If you marry and have children, you might be faced with a question of whether to pursue a career or be a homemaker/SAHM, at least temporarily, but if all you're considering right now is romance, it's not an either/or choice. Most people in this day and age, of both sexes, have both romance and a career.
I see people do that but i also see so many woman choose careers and end up alone. Because I want a creative career of some sorts- i imagine it wont be very stable. Another consideration for me- to choose something that will allow some stability. I do dream of travel, excitement, taking risk. In real life I'm stuck in one place of "safety".
And where are you in regards to being prepared for any of those careers? Are you currently studying? If so, what kind of track are you on? If not, what education do you have?
Good question. I'm always studying something. I have a degree in art history (great to research but not enough production and creativity), I study advertising and graphic design (stress but exciting). I'm good at teaching and I work with elderly and children currently. I also do some art related small jobs.
But...Ideals are suffering. Advertising is great but i do feel bad sometimes due to constant criticism and competition. Research is great but I'm more creative in my writing and it too sometimes is unaccepted. I like to make things up, creative ideas and visuals and I love music and movies.
See my dilemma? :crying:

Do you have any work experience related to any of those fields? If so, that would give you an idea of whether it really is for you.
I do have with research, teaching and working with people who need help. Being an endless student I'm also broke a lot of the time.

All work is helping people. It's just a question of how.

Ever read the book What Color Is Your Parachute? They frame all job-type ambitions as, "I want to help people with...." If you want to be a psychotherapist, you probably want to help people solve their personal problems. If you want to be an auto mechanic, you want to help people get their cars fixed. If you want to be a realtor, you want to help people buy and sell homes. Auto mechanic and realtor might not be thought of as helping professions, but they do help people.

So no matter what you do, you will be helping people.

You can't save the world. You can do your part to make things better for the people around you, but single handedly save the world? Nope, nope, nope. No one can do that. People might delude themselves into thinking they're the savior of the world because they do x, but that's just a delusion.

Even making things better for the people around you doesn't necessarily have to happen through the stated mission of your day job. It's nice if it does, and if you have your sixth house cusp in Aquarius, you might be particularly drawn to an idealistic day job--kind of like a friend of mine whose day job is data entry for an activist non-profit, and real passion is activism--but it's quite possible to make things better for the people around you while working as a bank teller or shoe salesperson. So don't think you absolutely must have a job saving the world!
Unless you're independently wealthy, you can't afford to work for free. If you do any kind of volunteering, make sure that you're not overspending your energy on unpaid labor. If you do that, you'll burn out and not be able to support yourself. You need to get paid enough to make a living, and paid what you're worth.
What do you currently do day to day?
I see your point and it is wise. I agree. i guess then it all comes down to what each of us has to offer society and humanity? So...Thinking that way I'm trying to think what I can give and what I can't give.
I'm good at listening to people, helping them accept their "dark side" and feel better, reading tarot cards, inventing stories and movies, serving food and cleaning, researching information, teaching, speaking about psychology.
Not good at: Telling people what to do, fighting with people, math, competition with fellow workers, standing up for my own needs, doing things I find boring.
Day to day I work with elderly people and teach and help artists sell art. I study mostly and try to make ends meet.
My dream? To travel somewhere, make documentaries or films. Unrealistic for many reasons, I know.
Any tips at what i can do good and how to still be practical about it?

Thank you

Osamenor

Staff member
I have not thought of it being idealistic- I do care about money it is just that I can't do something that has no meaning or that is boring. Using my skills is my top priority. So yes you are right!
I think you picked a better word than I did. Aquarius needs to be meaningful. That could include a dose of idealism, but I think of Sagittarius as the truly idealistic sign.

I like many things but I recognize I am prone to depression and needing time alone to gain strength- which rules out many career paths I desire.
How does needing time alone to gain strength rule out any career path? If you're not getting the down time/alone time you need, you have poor work/life balance. That can happen in any field. Some fields are especially notorious for poor work/life balance--law, for instance--but in most fields, it is possible to give yourself the work/life balance you need, if you have either the right job in the field or the right kind of self employment.
is there any indication of what might work there? Looking at Jupiter in Virgo makes me think teaching (12 house) makes me think healing/psychology.
Sun in the ninth, Venus/Mercury in the whole sign ninth, also looks like teaching to me, as does Gemini on the midheaven. MC ruler in the eighth, and all that eighth and twelfth house energy, and Pluto playing a strong part in your chart, looks like healing, psychology, secrets, uncovering the hidden.

Good theme to keep track of. Just about anything that combines those energies could work. There are lots of ways that teaching and healing work could be combined. Writing, movies, stories, storytelling... that's also a teaching tool or a healing tool or both. That's also how hidden things get revealed.

Oh you mean planets spread between 7-12 houses? Does that also make me a huge introvert and hermit? Lol. I though these are inner houses= introverted.
The western hemisphere is houses 4-9. Having the majority of your planets there makes you rather oriented to others. That doesn't mean you don't have a selfish, or self preserving, side--you need one to survive--but serving others is likely to be important to you.

Good question. I'm always studying something.
No accident with sun in the 9th!

I'm good at listening to people, helping them accept their "dark side" and feel better, reading tarot cards, inventing stories and movies, serving food and cleaning, researching information, teaching, speaking about psychology.
Out of all that, you could get at least two careers. But not necessarily at the same time. The question, then, is what to do first. Whatever other career you'll want, you can build that behind the scenes, as a hobby, and turn it into your next career when the time is right.

Not good at: Telling people what to do, fighting with people, math, competition with fellow workers, standing up for my own needs, doing things I find boring.
I think all of those except doing things you find boring, and maybe math, are things you would be very good at if you did them, but you're afraid to do them. You have a very strongly placed Mars. That ought to help immensely with competition, fighting, standing up for yourself, and leadership follows on that. But I remember from another conversation that Mars appears to be the disowned part of you.

I don't see anything in your chart pointing clearly to math ability or lack thereof, but the way math is taught in schools, the majority of us emerge thinking we're not good at math when we actually are, or at least are not bad at it. It's not an innate inability to do math well, it's education-induced math anxiety.
My dream? To travel somewhere, make documentaries or films. Unrealistic for many reasons, I know.
Any tips at what i can do good and how to still be practical about it?
Maybe it's not realistic to leave tomorrow to go travel the world to make documentaries and films. That doesn't mean it can never happen. You have so much earth in your chart, you're likely to need a plan, and the practical details all worked out, before you embark on an adventure like that.

Ever read the book Wishcraft? Very practical way to think outside the box and likely get what you want even if it seems impossible. I did that a few years ago, thought I might start a Wishcraft group to help realize my own dreams, but when I tried to do that, I found something else that sent me in a different direction. Now, all the dreams I thought I wanted to manifest then have not manifested, but other ones have, and I've found new avenues that I had no idea existed then.

PlutorisingLee

I think you picked a better word than I did. Aquarius needs to be meaningful. That could include a dose of idealism, but I think of Sagittarius as the truly idealistic sign.
Interesting. Yes the real idealists are Sagittarius. I know several people who fit that very well. Although Uranus is the anarchist the one to change society! Punk.
I'm idealistic about love and emotions more. You say Aquarius rules 6th house. Does that mean I would want my day to day life to be unusual or free?

How does needing time alone to gain strength rule out any career path? If you're not getting the down time/alone time you need, you have poor work/life balance. That can happen in any field. Some fields are especially notorious for poor work/life balance--law, for instance--but in most fields, it is possible to give yourself the work/life balance you need, if you have either the right job in the field or the right kind of self employment.
That is true and probably a more right way of seeing it no doubt but...Some careers require constant stress. You mention Law. Well...I'm studying/working in advertising and I feel very drained because my creative ideas are misunderstood and criticized all the time. I also have to invent things but in order to sell. I'm in doubt if to continue with that path (although I can't stop)? My health too has taken a hit as a result of this roller coaster. If I knew this is something i could at least be good at- that I'm not pretending to e someone more thick skinned than I am :unsure:.

Sun in the ninth, Venus/Mercury in the whole sign ninth, also looks like teaching to me, as does Gemini on the midheaven. MC ruler in the eighth, and all that eighth and twelfth house energy, and Pluto playing a strong part in your chart, looks like healing, psychology, secrets, uncovering the hidden.
Uncovering the hidden and giving it to people. Hmm...Should I start a cult?:whistling: lol. I could maybe teach about art? I love psychology and study it but looks like I don't like to be in the organized system of this career path. Is that Uranus talking? I wonder.

Good theme to keep track of. Just about anything that combines those energies could work. There are lots of ways that teaching and healing work could be combined. Writing, movies, stories, storytelling... that's also a teaching tool or a healing tool or both. That's also how hidden things get revealed.
I haven't thought about it, but of course it is all a form of teaching and healing!

The western hemisphere is houses 4-9. Having the majority of your planets there makes you rather oriented to others. That doesn't mean you don't have a selfish, or self preserving, side--you need one to survive--but serving others is likely to be important to you.
It is true- I enjoy it so it happens that my selfish need to be of service to people and know I did something helpful- is actually good. I love doing small manual stuff for people too and just saying kind things to strangers or homeless people. At the same time I'm a Taurus and I like my comfort and hedonistic lifestyle and beautiful things.
No accident with sun in the 9th!
Classic text book you say? What else does this Sun mean behind the whole studying and traveling in your experience?

Out of all that, you could get at least two careers. But not necessarily at the same time. The question, then, is what to do first. Whatever other career you'll want, you can build that behind the scenes, as a hobby, and turn it into your next career when the time is right.
Behind the scenes: 8th and 12th house. Everything good in my life comes from that place- from some hidden source or a person. I feel like some of it I won't be able to start when I'm older. I'm already almost too old to say start filmaking or traveling in volunteer programs. So I have to choose a path (like you said- plan).
The conflict is between pushing myself or go with what feels natural. For example, the advertising is exciting and creative and might make money one day. The academic career might allow me to travel and have time for other hobbies. I don't know. I also want to study Astrology one day and alternative healing.

I think all of those except doing things you find boring, and maybe math, are things you would be very good at if you did them, but you're afraid to do them. You have a very strongly placed Mars. That ought to help immensely with competition, fighting, standing up for yourself, and leadership follows on that. But I remember from another conversation that Mars appears to be the disowned part of you.
I am afraid of making a mistake, of missing something and making a wrong choice and waking up in years...To regret it. I'm learning about this Mars and its amazing you remember! I think i do own it in some elements in my life and relationships. I have learned not to project it on partners and people. Still...I become very insecure if other people compete with me and sometimes I lose on purpose. I let someone else have the win. In life and work. In part I fear that if i "win" they will hate me or attack me. I had such experiences growing up.

I don't see anything in your chart pointing clearly to math ability or lack thereof, but the way math is taught in schools, the majority of us emerge thinking we're not good at math when we actually are, or at least are not bad at it. It's not an innate inability to do math well, it's education-induced math anxiety.
Well...I'd like to think it is school but really bad with numbers :)

Maybe it's not realistic to leave tomorrow to go travel the world to make documentaries and films. That doesn't mean it can never happen. You have so much earth in your chart, you're likely to need a plan, and the practical details all worked out, before you embark on an adventure like that.
What quality do fire and air signs in a chart allow a person to make this "realistic' to just leave? I want that!

Ever read the book Wishcraft? Very practical way to think outside the box and likely get what you want even if it seems impossible. I did that a few years ago, thought I might start a Wishcraft group to help realize my own dreams, but when I tried to do that, I found something else that sent me in a different direction. Now, all the dreams I thought I wanted to manifest then have not manifested, but other ones have, and I've found new avenues that I had no idea existed then.
Maybe. Who is the author? There are many books about magical practice. So in a way it worked for you- you found our what you wanted and needed are not the same?
Thats is what worries me- I want not what I need.

Lee

Osamenor

Staff member
You say Aquarius rules 6th house. Does that mean I would want my day to day life to be unusual or free?
Do you want your day to day life to be unusual or free? You're the best person to answer that question.

That is true and probably a more right way of seeing it no doubt but...Some careers require constant stress. You mention Law. Well...I'm studying/working in advertising and I feel very drained because my creative ideas are misunderstood and criticized all the time. I also have to invent things but in order to sell. I'm in doubt if to continue with that path (although I can't stop)? My health too has taken a hit as a result of this roller coaster. If I knew this is something i could at least be good at- that I'm not pretending to e someone more thick skinned than I am :unsure:.
You just listed plenty of reasons why advertising isn't the right career for you. Maybe you can do it, maybe you can make money at it, but it's burning you out and threatening your health. What prevents you from stopping?

What made you choose advertising in the first place? What did you think you would get out of it? If you know that, you can use that knowledge to help you figure out what else would fulfill the same desires.

Classic text book you say? What else does this Sun mean behind the whole studying and traveling in your experience?
Depends on the person. Their sun sign, any conjunctions or aspects involving their sun, how they themselves respond to it... there are lots of ways any house placement can manifest. Perpetual student is one strong possibility for a ninth house sun. Travel is another. Or being involved in religion, philosophy, something involving foreigners, maybe helping immigrants or serving as a tour guide or being an anthropologist.... the possibilities are almost endless.

Ninth house is, at its core, about those experiences that break your daily routine, have you meet the unfamiliar and different, and make you expand. Learning and travel may be the most common and most easily recognizable ways for it to manifest, but anything that fits that overarching theme could be ninth house.

Behind the scenes: 8th and 12th house. Everything good in my life comes from that place- from some hidden source or a person. I feel like some of it I won't be able to start when I'm older. I'm already almost too old to say start filmaking or traveling in volunteer programs. So I have to choose a path (like you said- plan).
The conflict is between pushing myself or go with what feels natural. For example, the advertising is exciting and creative and might make money one day. The academic career might allow me to travel and have time for other hobbies. I don't know. I also want to study Astrology one day and alternative healing.
Almost too old? You're how old now, mid twenties? I'm 41 and working on my new start.

It is wise to narrow your plan some, if trying to pursue too much at once is wearing you too thin. Some of your desires might be ones that you could satisfy by doing something relatively small. What if you took a volunteer vacation, went somewhere to help out for a few months? What if you took a class or joined a group for amateur filmmakers? Would that satisfy those urges for you?

Personally, I think this kind of process needs to be a combination of conscious choices and taking what comes along. At least, that's how it's worked for me.

I'm learning about this Mars and its amazing you remember! I think i do own it in some elements in my life and relationships. I have learned not to project it on partners and people.
You learned not to project it that quickly? Doesn't usually work that way.
Still...I become very insecure if other people compete with me and sometimes I lose on purpose. I let someone else have the win. In life and work. In part I fear that if i "win" they will hate me or attack me. I had such experiences growing up.
That right there is healing work that needs to be done, in whatever way that works for you, when you're ready to do it.
What quality do fire and air signs in a chart allow a person to make this "realistic' to just leave? I want that!
I think it's not so much fire and air signs in and of themselves, but lack of earth or other strong grounding influences might lead someone to just not consider the impractical side of just leaving. An earth dominant person would be the one to say, "Wait a minute, that's not realistic!" Or even someone who doesn't have earth as the dominant element but does have significant earth--like me. My dominant chart element is fire, but I have Capricorn AC trine Mercury in Virgo, and no way am I going to just pick up and leave without some planning!

Maybe. Who is the author? There are many books about magical practice. So in a way it worked for you- you found our what you wanted and needed are not the same?
Thats is what worries me- I want not what I need.
Wishcraft is by Barbara Sher (I had to look that up just now), and it has nothing to do with magical practice. It's a self help book, and an unusually practical one. None of the fluffy "take time for yourself and say positive affirmations in the mirror" self help stuff, it's about figuring out what you really want and how to make it realistic. A group based around Wishcraft would share their dreams with each other and help brainstorm ways to fulfill them. In some cases, the group might even be able to fulfill a dream. For example, you might share your desire to travel and make documentaries, and someone might say that their roommate's cousin's sister-in-law is setting off on such a trip and needs an assistant...that kind of thing.

I just looked through the book again because of this conversation we're having, and got reminded how practical it is for those of us with multiple competing desires. Every want you have is based on a need, but the want itself is not the need. Whatever need you expected to fulfill by working in advertising, for example, could be fulfilled in different ways. If you figure out what the real need is, then you can figure out what some of those different ways are, and which ones might work for you.

Loda41

There are plenty of jobs that pay well and have a humanitarian slant, social worker, fund raiser, managing a non profit, training people in social work, charity auction worker etc.

PlutorisingLee

You just listed plenty of reasons why advertising isn't the right career for you. Maybe you can do it, maybe you can make money at it, but it's burning you out and threatening your health. What prevents you from stopping?
What made you choose advertising in the first place? What did you think you would get out of it? If you know that, you can use that knowledge to help you figure out what else would fulfill the same desires.
I thought about this question and I think what pushed me is: ambition. Although I listed reasons it is wrong for me- nothing is ever easy and so I usually assume it is my lesson to push through.So...Looks like my ambition drove to take something to big for me to handle.
I know why I chose it and the gist of it is: wanting to be in touch with something collective in a creative way. I love trends, collective mind sets- and working with that. I simply couldn't find another field that dealt with this type of thing.It's very "Neptune" - and hard to pin down what I find exciting about it. I also wanted to learn skills that are like filmmaking or production/ art but practical. I already payed for the course so i can't leave. I'm not sure if me having a hard time is a good or bad sign. If something is hard- is it a lesson or a sign to get out?
Almost too old? You're how old now, mid twenties? I'm 41 and working on my new start.
I guess it is silly of me to say that.
You learned not to project it that quickly? Doesn't usually work that way.
That right there is healing work that needs to be done, in whatever way that works for you, when you're ready to do it.
I'm still learning, of course. That Mars thread highlighted a process of years of working on this issue for me. Some of it I healed and many changes have happened in my relationships as a result. I wasn't aware of it at the time but can see it now.
My dominant chart element is fire, but I have Capricorn AC trine Mercury in Virgo, and no way am I going to just pick up and leave without some planning!
:joyful: Of course you can't just leave! In what house is Mercury?
Wishcraft is by Barbara Sher (I had to look that up just now), and it has nothing to do with magical practice. It's a self help book, and an unusually practical one. None of the fluffy "take time for yourself and say positive affirmations in the mirror" self help stuff, it's about figuring out what you really want and how to make it realistic. A group based around Wishcraft would share their dreams with each other and help brainstorm ways to fulfill them. In some cases, the group might even be able to fulfill a dream. For example, you might share your desire to travel and make documentaries, and someone might say that their roommate's cousin's sister-in-law is setting off on such a trip and needs an assistant...that kind of thing.
I just looked through the book again because of this conversation we're having, and got reminded how practical it is for those of us with multiple competing desires. Every want you have is based on a need, but the want itself is not the need. Whatever need you expected to fulfill by working in advertising, for example, could be fulfilled in different ways. If you figure out what the real need is, then you can figure out what some of those different ways are, and which ones might work for you.
Thank you for the recommendation I'll give it a try for sure. What you describe about finding people who together you make each others dream come true...I really like this idea and it reminded me of a person I know who is inventing an App to do just that. Cool idea. On a more collective level- if each person did what made them happy and what they are good at (life mission not job) - we all would be happy. An old idea too.

Osamenor

Staff member
I thought about this question and I think what pushed me is: ambition. Although I listed reasons it is wrong for me- nothing is ever easy and so I usually assume it is my lesson to push through.So...Looks like my ambition drove to take something to big for me to handle.
Or simply the wrong fit. Saturn is strong in your chart: domiciled and the focal point of two t-squares, including one with your sun and moon. Ambition and pushing through are very much Saturn. Since Saturn "talks to" so much of your chart, it's no surprise that you have Saturn involved in much of your life. In the fifth house/sixth place, that discipline gets applied most to what you like to do, likely to efforts to turn a like into a job in particular.

Saturn is great for getting you to meet your goals. But Saturn is also great for getting you to keep pushing to meet your goals even if the original goal isn't working out. I think that's especially so if it makes mostly hard aspects, because Saturn is pushing its energy out in resistance to other pieces of your chart that might be willing to slow down, step back, or even quit when it's not working.

I know why I chose it and the gist of it is: wanting to be in touch with something collective in a creative way. I love trends, collective mind sets- and working with that.... I also wanted to learn skills that are like filmmaking or production/ art but practical.
That's your touchstone right there. Does advertising really put you in touch with something collective in a creative way? Or does it hamper creative and/or collective too much?

If you're learning skills like filmmaking or production, those are transferrable skills.
I already payed for the course so i can't leave.
If you had paid for an expensive meal in a fancy restaurant and it was giving you food poisoning, would you have to keep eating it because you had paid for it?

That's a classic marketers' trick, in fact. The more people pay for something, the less likely they are to admit it's not the right choice. If you finish the course and feel you really don't want to work in that field, will you be obligated to work in that field anyway? What if it doesn't live up to its promise of good pay, let alone its promises of creative work that you're already seeing unfulfilled? It will be much harder to get out when you're already employed in the field than when you're still a student.
If something is hard- is it a lesson or a sign to get out?
Could be either. Depends on how it's hard. Is it hard work but you feel good about doing it? Or perhaps not good every step of the way, but still seeing some benefit? If so, it's a lesson. Is it hard work with no reward of any kind and a toll on your health? More likely a sign to get out.

PlutorisingLee

Or simply the wrong fit. Saturn is strong in your chart: domiciled and the focal point of two t-squares, including one with your sun and moon. Ambition and pushing through are very much Saturn. Since Saturn "talks to" so much of your chart, it's no surprise that you have Saturn involved in much of your life. In the fifth house/sixth place, that discipline gets applied most to what you like to do, likely to efforts to turn a like into a job in particular.

Saturn is great for getting you to meet your goals. But Saturn is also great for getting you to keep pushing to meet your goals even if the original goal isn't working out. I think that's especially so if it makes mostly hard aspects, because Saturn is pushing its energy out in resistance to other pieces of your chart that might be willing to slow down, step back, or even quit when it's not working.

That's your touchstone right there. Does advertising really put you in touch with something collective in a creative way? Or does it hamper creative and/or collective too much?

If you're learning skills like filmmaking or production, those are transferrable skills.

If you had paid for an expensive meal in a fancy restaurant and it was giving you food poisoning, would you have to keep eating it because you had paid for it?

That's a classic marketers' trick, in fact. The more people pay for something, the less likely they are to admit it's not the right choice. If you finish the course and feel you really don't want to work in that field, will you be obligated to work in that field anyway? What if it doesn't live up to its promise of good pay, let alone its promises of creative work that you're already seeing unfulfilled? It will be much harder to get out when you're already employed in the field than when you're still a student.

Could be either. Depends on how it's hard. Is it hard work but you feel good about doing it? Or perhaps not good every step of the way, but still seeing some benefit? If so, it's a lesson. Is it hard work with no reward of any kind and a toll on your health? More likely a sign to get out.

I'm sorry for not responding. I do appreciate your help and responding to my post!
I'm still unsure about my path but now I'm considering simply learning...I feel at this time I won't be making a good decision.

belabismo

Plutorisinglee, our charts are very similar ! You must have been born a few weeks after me. I know the feeling you're going through. I would suggest if you enjoyed working with the elderly to consider that as your day job. As baby boomers get older there will be a demand for these fields. I'm in the works to start a weekend social work assistant job with a friend's mom who does hospice and and in-home nursing care social work. She told me that working with the elderly in the social work field is the highest paying right now. That could give you the security to pursue your other dreams - traveling, creative pursuits on the side, taking extra courses. Also, regarding what you said about not liking the environment in advertising, you could always consider working for a nonprofit. In my experience the environment is very calm and filled with likeminded kind people. They would appreciate your versatility as they tend to ask their staff to manage multiple responsibilities at once due to budget constraints. A coworker of mine manages speciality programs, our yearly art exhibit, our STEM exhibit, and is our grant writer. She has an art history degree and has half a teaching credential completed. I am an office manager but I am also involved in auditing documents, tracking data and filling in for our tutoring department when needed. Of course they would also value your idealism.
A Gemini sun friend also gave me some advice once that might help you: that whatever you choose right now to pursue does not cancel out any opportunities or careers you can pursue in the future.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm sorry for not responding. I do appreciate your help and responding to my post!
I'm still unsure about my path but now I'm considering simply learning...I feel at this time I won't be making a good decision.

Simply learning may be enough for the time being. If you're not ready to make a decision, it's okay to wait.

Right now, we've got some key planetary retrogrades going on: Mercury retrograde until May 3rd, and Venus just came out of a retrograde that overlapped with the beginning of the Mercury retrograde. Retrogrades of inner planets are usually good times to think things over and take your time before making a decision. Use that energy for that purpose, and you have a better chance of being ready to make a good decision around the time the retrograde ends.