North Nodes

• Thread starter another kat in the world
  • Start date
A

another kat in the world

:wink: I was wondering how much the North Node is influenced in a birth chart. I found this book called "Astrology for the Soul" and it was talking about the North Node and how much that has to do with karmic pasts. Since this was "recently" found, how much influence does this really have? My North Node is in Taurus, so what exactly does this intail? If someone could try to answer my questions so I can understand this a little better please.

K

kunga

If you have heard that the nodes are only recently "found" it was probably because western astrologers have only recently begun to have faith in their application. In the east they were calculated for thousands of years. As I understand it , the point of south node is significant for discerning the condition of the being upon its entrance into the physical life and the north node points the karmic pathway to completion of the kaarma which brought it here. Since they are not actual planets this path from birth to death was envisioned as a large serpent or dragon {the life force} coursing through the chart. The serpent head is north node and the tail is the south. It is the combination of degree , sign and house which factor the interpretation. Of course then also the aspects to natal planets. Stating you have north node in taurus is not sufficient data to judge a karmic path as it is a very involved and serious study of the entire chart. Hope this helps.

A

another kat in the world

north node serpent

That did help, there is a great deal that "westerners" have recently accepted, and I'm speaking not just of astrology. I think that the analogy of the serpent was excellent to describe how the nodes play into the chart. Thank you for your response. You know a lot, I see you responding all over this site. If you have time would you mind looking at my chart. June 27, 1985 7:15pm EST.I know there are a lot of questions out there, and thank you for responding. Sincerely, Kat

A

another kat in the world

Doylestown, Pa (Bucks County) I've been away, sorry I didn't reply earlier but I"m sure you were kept busy by all the other people on this forum. THanks for taking time out to look at my chart.

:wink: I was wondering how much the North Node is influenced in a birth chart. I found this book called "Astrology for the Soul" and it was talking about the North Node and how much that has to do with karmic pasts. Since this was "recently" found, how much influence does this really have? My North Node is in Taurus, so what exactly does this intail? If someone could try to answer my questions so I can understand this a little better please.

I have read the North Node is not a personality guide because there is no guarantee that we will pursue North Node goals. I believe we are aware on some level of what direction we need to head towards to balance out our nodal path.

I have seen some individuals run to the North Node because the feeling of repeating steps is limiting, but because the North Node is such an untested and untried area, (especially if no planets are there) the tendency is to run back to the comfort zone (SN).

A Taurus North Node is focused on sustaining and stabilizing the nodal house area, patience, consistency etc, but you really need to look at the house position of the NN to personalize the reading.

Spungie

I find that study of the nodes works works well using the Sabian Symbols. And, vise versa too. The two go together really well, and I never truly understood my north or south node untill I read the sabian symbols

I have found that it almost sums up the younger you, and guides you into the future and who you will become.

(They are quite well known symbols/mental images- ie 'a white dove, a message bearer' based on an exact degree of the zodiac, for those who dont know :)

Edit: I forgot to answer your question, sorry kat. I see the nodes as relavent as anything that might quickly sum your chart up. What I mean is- it is not an extra addition to your chart/personality, like for example a planet or asteroid, but another wat at looking at it. However, this is just my opinion and I base it on little study and Amateur experience.

Last edited:

kazman32

I'm sorry!! I'm not trying to hijack this thread but where can one find their north and south nodes on a chart? Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 32

R4VEN

I replied to kazman's post yesterday, and the post has dropped off the thread.

Time to try again.

kazman, if you look at your chart, to the right of the Saturn sign in Aries, you can see a symbol which normally should look like :northnode:, and this is the symbol for the Moon's North Node. You have it in Aries in the 10th house, closely conjunct your Midheaven. The Moon's South Node :southnode: (but not shown on your chart) will be directly opposite your North Node, and so it is at 16 degrees in Libra in the 4th house. This describes your tendencies, or your `safe place' from where you express yourself.

There is quite a bit of information on the internet on the Moon's Nodes, but it tends to be a bit all over the place. Google it and see what you can find.

Perhaps you can begin with this article from this site:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12730

Claire19

I cant stress enough the importance of the nodal axis and yes it has only just begun to have importance with many astrologers. What house is your NN?
I would say that you need to take care of your own material assets, finance and the values that you hold with these needs to be sorted out. You need to balance a budget, earn your own income and find security in material matters. We need the whole chart for the aspects though. You need to cultivate a down to earth attitude and this can include growing your own vegetables, flowers and fruits and digging in the soil to have a feeling of groundedness.

kazman32

Thanks so much R4VEN you have been a big help! I have a couple charts done from different sites, and it was very easy to see on another one. Not sure why it wasn't marked but learning that it's opposite my N Node is helping me learn (I have a long way to go) thanks again for your time.

T

Teb

My node has a T inside and it is a 0* taurus in the 4th house??? with absolutely no aspects!!!:crying::w00t: no other planets are in my 4th either. However my south is crowded with mars, moon and ol'neppie.

Can you all give me a clue as to what this would mean.

unusual_suspect

I haven't posted in a while and have been a bit of a lurker of late. Can I ask all you fellow astrolisers just how important and relevant do you feel the North Node is and do you use this point regularly when interpreting charts?

I will just add that I have a Libra North Node in my 3rd and both my parents are Librans which is kind of odd don't you think?

R4VEN

I haven't posted in a while and have been a bit of a lurker of late. Can I ask all you fellow astrolisers just how important and relevant do you feel the North Node is and do you use this point regularly when interpreting charts?

I will just add that I have a Libra North Node in my 3rd and both my parents are Librans which is kind of odd don't you think?
I think you'll find all of us use the Moon's North - and south - nodes in a full interpretation. After all, it is a significant karmic placement, in that it describes your past lives prior to this lifetime - ie. the south node - and the path of your soul in this lifetime is described by the Moon's North Node.

unusual_suspect, you seem to have been born to Libran parents in order to recognise and embrace some of that Libran energy which you are going to need to learn to value and utilise. It will be necessary to use some Libran `awareness of the needs of the other' in your interactions with others in order to do the work your soul requires in this lifetime.
Just using your MNN as an illustration........................

We tend to `hide' in our MSN, and avoid the work of the MNN. This is because the behaviour and feeling of the MSN is familiar to us, and we know how to do it, so we tend to keep doing it. You may feel familiar and safe in a role of freedom to do and say what you want, to wander in your life, and not be pinned down by anything or anyone. You may also have experienced past lives as a warrior - although most of us have, because in centuries past, most males (and we have all had lives as both male and female) lived their whole adult lives as warriors of some kind.

freedomlover

My node has a T inside and it is a 0* taurus in the 4th house??? with absolutely no aspects!!!:crying::w00t: no other planets are in my 4th either. However my south is crowded with mars, moon and ol'neppie.

Can you all give me a clue as to what this would mean.

Just a possible interpretation:

Concentrate more on creating material stability and your own home.
(North Node in Taurus/4th)

Manipulation to gain respect/or obsession with career and/or power and success may be interfering with your ability to do so.
(South Node in Scorpio/10th conjunct Mars, Moon, and "Neppie")

FL

Nexus7

I would recommend Kevin Burk's book on the topic, and his discussions on te nodes seemed trenchant, I thought.

kirlie

I've been reading two of Jan Spiller's books lately. I am a little confused about one thing. What is the difference between node house placement and node sign. The way her book Astrology for the Soul is set up it says the sign or house placement at the start of each chapter (ex Aries or the First House). Then she talks about what our souls are supposed to achieve and move away from in this lifetime. I guess where my confusion is, what if you have a sign that is in the opposing house? For example, my girlfriend has a Pisces North Node in the sixth house. How can she be moving towards and away from Virgo's virtues at the same time? Thanks for any explanation you can give.

marestar20

So if one's north node is in the 10th house, does that mean that one's career will play an important role in fulfilling one's karma in this life?

Attachments

• my birth chart.jpg
    my birth chart.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 26