Transit Uranus conjunct Saturn: this transit makes me anxious

UraSatVen1029

This particular transit is coming soon, and its happening for me next year 2018. I generated a chart in astro.com and I changed the year date to 2018. I noticed Uranus is really close to my natal Saturn at around this time- November, but next year.

https://imgur.com/a/15MB8

What makes me anxious is that this is Uranus we're talking about. Expect the unexpected. Changes. Possibly the breaking down or the structures in my life turning upside down all of a sudden. And this is Saturn in my chart! An important planet for me- because it's my chart ruler and it's part of my T-squares. Also in an anaretic degree too.

Anyone have insights? Would this transit be very chaotic for me? How bad can this hit me next year? I just had Pluto conjunct my ascendant and that has been a rollercoaster ride. I've changed a lot, but now I have this Uranus transit. Any insight or small help will be appreciated very much :)

Chrysalis

I've also been learning about transits, and ive learnt that with regards to a transit to also look at what other transits are taking place at that particular time as these will also have an influence for good/bad on a particular transit.

In yours you have also when this uranus/saturn transit hits, a Square neptune and trine NN transit from uranus too.

As uranus is transiting your 4th house wouldn't it be something to do with your family/homelife ? Could saturn be your father ?

Last edited:

miquar

Hi UraSatVen1029. Its interesting that the Saturn Neptune natal square is so close. Although there is a natural tension between these functions, they have in common a tendency to make sacrifices for the good of the 'greater whole'. The personal planets which Saturn and Neptune aspect in the natal chart (though not very closely) are in Virgo and Scorpio. Virgo can strive to be useful, and Scorpio can fear alienation - thus there is the potential for you to do what you feel is expected of you rather than what feels authentic.

On the other hand, the Saturn and Neptune functions only feel satisfied when there is a way of participating in the greater whole which feels real and authentic - a periodic sense of disillusionment and futility arises with both functions as an incentive to reassess any allegiances and values which prevent authenticity. Virgo knows that ultimately the way to be of most use is to be true to oneself, and Scorpio knows that to connect with source is the only way to end feelings of alienation.

So I would see the upcoming Uranus transit as being likely to nudge you away from the expressions of these functions and signs described in the first paragraph, and towards the expressions described in the second paragraph. To make the transit easier, you can start to ask yourself in which areas of life you are clinging to certain ways of participating in the greater whole even though they don't feel quite right. And you can start to make peace with the fact that things may well change in one way or another; openness to change can free the intuition to preempt change and cooperate with it.

The Moon conjunct Uranus in Aquarius gives you some affinity with the Uranian process of shattering untruth, but it could be that if you are still more in the first paragraph way of being, this placement has manifested partly as an instinct to adhere to principles which are coloured by the expectations of others.

Whatever change happens, it is likely that you will see it as a blessing in the long run. Give yourself a wonderful gift: give these changes the benefit of the doubt before you even know what they are, and turn our apprehension into a sense of positive anticipation.

Of course you may need to be careful how you express any rebellious, disruptive impulses which arise. But if you are afraid of change, you will tend to bottle these impulses up and then they will suddenly burst out (or come at you from the outside). If you embrace the possibility of change, you will probably have more say in how, when and where these impulses translate into actions and effects.

Best wishes

Miquar

UraSatVen1029

I've also been learning about transits, and ive learnt that with regards to a transit to also look at what other transits are taking place at that particular time as these will also have an influence for good/bad on a particular transit.

In yours you have also when this uranus/saturn transit hits, a Square neptune and trine NN transit from uranus too.

As uranus is transiting your 4th house wouldn't it be something to do with your family/homelife ? Could saturn be your father ?

I remember around early on last year January, our house got caught in a fire so we had to move to the next house in the subdivision to rent for awhile, and then move to another one because the owner of the subdivision sort of ****** up our living arrangements. I think Uranus was conjunct my IC angle around this time, not entirely sure but it was close. Then earlier this year we finally bought a bigger and a better house. Again, must be the Uranus in my 4th house transit. Mist have conjuncted my PoF 4th house or soemthing.

Now it's approaching my Saturn, and you mentioned the square to my Neptune and the trine to my NN. I feel like this is an even heavier transit. What do you think this means? To trine it my NN, does this mean this transit is beneficial for my soul progress towards my NN? I wonder what kind of tension this will create for the Neptune connection. Neptune is in my 1st house, must be something sbout my identity and facade.

And this could be about my father as well. I hope nothing too bad though..

Chrysalis

I remember around early on last year January, our house got caught in a fire so we had to move to the next house in the subdivision to rent for awhile, and then move to another one because the owner of the subdivision sort of ****** up our living arrangements. I think Uranus was conjunct my IC angle around this time, not entirely sure but it was close. Then earlier this year we finally bought a bigger and a better house. Again, must be the Uranus in my 4th house transit. Mist have conjuncted my PoF 4th house or soemthing.

Now it's approaching my Saturn, and you mentioned the square to my Neptune and the trine to my NN. I feel like this is an even heavier transit. What do you think this means? To trine it my NN, does this mean this transit is beneficial for my soul progress towards my NN? I wonder what kind of tension this will create for the Neptune connection. Neptune is in my 1st house, must be something sbout my identity and facade.

And this could be about my father as well. I hope nothing too bad though..

Im learning still about transits myself, so can't really be that much help to you.

Actually yesterday i noticed on another thread something about a saturn/uranus transit... Ill find it an post it.

UraSatVen1029

Here found it....."However, at second look, ---your father had tr Uranus on his Saturn.

If there is ever a time that someone might totally, impulsively 'cross the line' --it's when Uranus hits Saturn.

And often, Uranus on Saturn brings up anger towards one's father, and feelings of vengeance owed.
"

From this thread...http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112481&page=2

Huh. Weird.

Already concluded to myself that I've already forgiven my father. My dad hasn't been the best dad, can't deny that. In fact, he was indeed the start of all my insecurities, it was his actions that he did to us caused me to be paranoid and fearful of his inconsistency. But to have it triggered again and cross a line... wow, that's scary. I'd rather not have it happen to me and my dad, so far me and my dad are in better terms now. He's been keeping his promises lately.

That being said, maybe that's just another possibility. Who knows.

katydid

Huh. Weird.

Already concluded to myself that I've already forgiven my father. My dad hasn't been the best dad, can't deny that. In fact, he was indeed the start of all my insecurities, it was his actions that he did to us caused me to be paranoid and fearful of his inconsistency. But to have it triggered again and cross a line... wow, that's scary. I'd rather not have it happen to me and my dad, so far me and my dad are in better terms now. He's been keeping his promises lately.

That being said, maybe that's just another possibility. Who knows.

If you have already worked through old stuff with your Dad, and are on better terms now, then this is probably not a description of how things will go with this transit. :alien:

It will be a higher level of the transit. Uranus can be a breakthrough, an enlightenment, or an epiphany. I see it as being on more of that level if you two have already broken through on the initial childhood stuff. :innocent:

UraSatVen1029

Hi UraSatVen1029. Its interesting that the Saturn Neptune natal square is so close. Although there is a natural tension between these functions, they have in common a tendency to make sacrifices for the good of the 'greater whole'. The personal planets which Saturn and Neptune aspect in the natal chart (though not very closely) are in Virgo and Scorpio. Virgo can strive to be useful, and Scorpio can fear alienation - thus there is the potential for you to do what you feel is expected of you rather than what feels authentic.

On the other hand, the Saturn and Neptune functions only feel satisfied when there is a way of participating in the greater whole which feels real and authentic - a periodic sense of disillusionment and futility arises with both functions as an incentive to reassess any allegiances and values which prevent authenticity. Virgo knows that ultimately the way to be of most use is to be true to oneself, and Scorpio knows that to connect with source is the only way to end feelings of alienation.

So I would see the upcoming Uranus transit as being likely to nudge you away from the expressions of these functions and signs described in the first paragraph, and towards the expressions described in the second paragraph. To make the transit easier, you can start to ask yourself in which areas of life you are clinging to certain ways of participating in the greater whole even though they don't feel quite right. And you can start to make peace with the fact that things may well change in one way or another; openness to change can free the intuition to preempt change and cooperate with it.

The Moon conjunct Uranus in Aquarius gives you some affinity with the Uranian process of shattering untruth, but it could be that if you are still more in the first paragraph way of being, this placement has manifested partly as an instinct to adhere to principles which are coloured by the expectations of others.

Whatever change happens, it is likely that you will see it as a blessing in the long run. Give yourself a wonderful gift: give these changes the benefit of the doubt before you even know what they are, and turn our apprehension into a sense of positive anticipation.

Of course you may need to be careful how you express any rebellious, disruptive impulses which arise. But if you are afraid of change, you will tend to bottle these impulses up and then they will suddenly burst out (or come at you from the outside). If you embrace the possibility of change, you will probably have more say in how, when and where these impulses translate into actions and effects.

Best wishes

Miquar

A great reply. :)

I remember that just a few days after 2016 started on January, our house got caught in a fire (short circuit somewhere in the 2nd floor) so we had to move to another house in the same subdivision, because thankfully not all houses were occupied yet. Then, we had to move another one again because the owner of the subdivision somehow ****** up our living arrnagements, contracts and agreements that the issue was so confusing and foggy. Finally, this year last early June, we moved into a new house that's even bigger and even with a bigger lot that has a pool. Wow, I didn't even expect the pool to be there. I think this was all triggered by Uranus conjuncting my IC angle and then moving into my PoF which is like 3-4 degrees ahead of my IC.

Since it's also approaching my Saturn now, I'm actually starting to feel the effects you mentioned. The first paragraph, as you explained, was what i was mainly feeling months before and after Uranus crossed my IC. There was this dilemma. Since it opposed my Midheaven, career goals in life were now unexpectedly changed, and I was having this dilemma whether I should accept it or not. Finally, I accepted it, but this caused me to drop my first college course. But sometime later, Jupiter also conjuncted my Midheaven, and it indeed boosted my ego and public image, and it also brought me to a better path, more aligned to what I really want and intend to do in the future. The dilemma I was having was whether I should quit this course and be more true to my goals and dreams. It was a fairly hard time because if I had to accept the reawakening of my real passion, I had to drop out and disappoint my parents...

But like you said, I was also finally at peace with myself. I now know what I want and what I really intend to do in my future. I guess this is more of the second paragraph that you explained in your reply. I was initially fearing for the sudden birth of new plans that interrupted the pace of my original goals, and that was to finish the course in 4 years. But in 2016, I joined a competition and I had to skip one semester, meaning I'd be really delayed on my studies. But after that competition, I was changed. I definitely did not want to go back to studying that course because I finally realized what I really wanted and to stay in that school any longer wiuld just make me feel dead inside.
I still wanted to make sacrifices and be of better use to my family's financial goals but I felt like I needed to do it with more authenticity to achieve more success. I feel like I was wasting my time on doing the things that exoected me to do but I never actually wanted to.

I'm more open to change now, but I'm also really craving for that soecific change-- to break free from the usual expectations that my parents placed on me. They want me to finish medical studies, but I just want to get out of it. It's horrible because Med is obviously for people who really has the brains and the will to finish such a difficult college course. This kind of dilemma is actually very common in society, but I'm hoping to get out of it and conquer it when everybody else couldn't. I'm hoping that I could do it differently. But then again, my parents truly wanted me to finish my studies. I mean I understand, but what's the point of spending so much money on supporting me for a career that I'll never probably carry on for more than one or two years? It's pointless, in my perspective. I'd rather focus all my time and energy on developing my natural skills to a more professional and competent level so that I can finally pursue that success I've always wanted for myself and for my family.

I had been hoping for an opportunity to finally break free from it, but I'm not sure if I should even assume that this Uranus transit could trigger it. Changes will probably happen, but I don't know. Maybe its not the change I want, but still a change nonetheless.

Scorpio and Virgo is involved in the energies here, but so is Aries and Capricorn as well. The ambitious and determined dreamer but also the impatient and impulsive go getter. Moon conjunct Uranus is doing me a great job on the insights I'm gaining from all of this.

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

If you have already worked through old stuff with your Dad, and are on better terms now, then this is probably not a description of how things will go with this transit. :alien:

It will be a higher level of the transit. Uranus can be a breakthrough, an enlightenment, or an epiphany. I see it as being on more of that level if you two have already broken through on the initial childhood stuff. :innocent:

I do hope this would more likely happen :innocent:

But how would this manifest though, can you give concrete examples? I just want to get an idea from this.

miquar

Sounds like you're making good progress towards a more satisfying life. I hope things come together relatively easily for you.

Best wishes

Miquar

katydid

I do hope this would more likely happen :innocent:

But how would this manifest though, can you give concrete examples? I just want to get an idea from this.

Hard to give concrete example because I don't know what your specific situation is regarding your Saturn/Father/Career and what issues need breakthroughs.

Uranus brings insight, understanding, revealing moments which lead to breakthroughs and epiphanies.

Maybe you will suddenly 'get it' about something you never understood before. Perhaps you had some underlying resentments towards your father and his past actions/inactions, and Uranus brings a revelation. You may suddenly have insight into why he acted that way in the past and it will heal your relationship fully?

Or maybe you have underlying fears/doubts in terms of your future career options. Uranus may bring you some inspiration and renewed spirit which allows you the confidence needed to move forward, and break free from those fears.

UraSatVen1029

Hard to give concrete example because I don't know what your specific situation is regarding your Saturn/Father/Career and what issues need breakthroughs.

Uranus brings insight, understanding, revealing moments which lead to breakthroughs and epiphanies.

Maybe you will suddenly 'get it' about something you never understood before. Perhaps you had some underlying resentments towards your father and his past actions/inactions, and Uranus brings a revelation. You may suddenly have insight into why he acted that way in the past and it will heal your relationship fully?

Or maybe you have underlying fears/doubts in terms of your future career options. Uranus may bring you some inspiration and renewed spirit which allows you the confidence needed to move forward, and break free from those fears.

Perhaps I will finally get some revelation about my father. I've always been curious as to how he became like that and why. I heard his father was really tough and use to lead in the army/military.

On the other hand, I do have doubts and fears and I think about them everyday. Due to being really ambitious, I'm just scared I won't ever measure up.. I guess.

Thank you for the reply! Can't wait to see what this transit will do :)

katydid

'Measuring up' is Saturnian. :cool:

And it has origins in our Father relationship and wanting to live up to expectations.

So maybe Uranus can break some of that old stuff free and allow you to be more independent and follow your own path instead? :ninja:

UraSatVen1029

'Measuring up' is Saturnian. :cool:

And it has origins in our Father relationship and wanting to live up to expectations.

So maybe Uranus can break some of that old stuff free and allow you to be more independent and follow your own path instead? :ninja:

Yes it is Saturnian. Despite being a Uranus dominant, I also have a lot of Saturn energies in my chart (Cap ascendant too).

I really do hope so, that by then I'd be able to summon up the courage to break free from all the expectations. Being the eldest in the family though? It's going to be tough as hell. Siblings look up to me as someone will be able to finish a practical college course and earn money for them. Parents really just want me to finish school. I, on the other hand, have a different path I want to follow and if only they'd be more open-minded, they would see that for me to develop and showcase my talents would I be able to do better and work harder.

Ahh, but this is a dilemma. But maybe by then I'll finally have the right decision. :)