What attracts us and what we attract

Hello!

I've been reading all about attraction and natal charts (I don't know why this kind of stuff is so interesting to me) and for now this is what I've found:

What attracts us:

• If you're a guy, Venus will tell the kind of woman you like.
  • If you're a girl, Mars will tell the kind of guy you like and Jupiter will tell the kind of guy you want to marry.
  • The ruler of your 7th house will also point to the kind of people you feel attracted to. So if your 7th is Gemini and Mercury is in Pisces you will like the romantic kind of girl/guy.
What you attract: There's way less information about this topic but the only thing I found about it is this:

• You will attract whatever is in your 8th house. So if for example you have Sagittarius in your 8th you will probably have lots of adventurers pretending you.
I know there's more to this, maybe the Moon, Sun and some aspects are very important too.

What do you guys/gals know about this topic? Feel free to share :smile:

asoiaf

Hi Envinyatar

Venus and Mars are the most known planets about attraction and partner selection but it didnt work for me.My mars is in capricorn, my 7th house has mercury 11* Saturn and Moon 17* in scorpio and venus in 6* Sagittarius. I generally dont like capricorn guys.they are so traditional and strict minded for me.As a scorpio with taurus rising and moon in scorpio even I had good terms with scorpio guys, romance and marriage isnt possible for me with them :) I think my venus helped me to find my husband.we have opposite personalities in general.

Slimsoulja05

Hi Envinyatar

Venus and Mars are the most known planets about attraction and partner selection but it didnt work for me.My mars is in capricorn, my 7th house has mercury 11* Saturn and Moon 17* in scorpio and venus in 6* Sagittarius. I generally dont like capricorn guys.they are so traditional and strict minded for me.As a scorpio with taurus rising and moon in scorpio even I had good terms with scorpio guys, romance and marriage isnt possible for me with them :) I think my venus helped me to find my husband.we have opposite personalities in general.

Definitely personality traits

Hello!

I've been reading all about attraction and natal charts (I don't know why this kind of stuff is so interesting to me) and for now this is what I've found:

What attracts us:

• If you're a guy, Venus will tell the kind of woman you like.
  • If you're a girl, Mars will tell the kind of guy you like and Jupiter will tell the kind of guy you want to marry.
  • The ruler of your 7th house will also point to the kind of people you feel attracted to. So if your 7th is Gemini and Mercury is in Pisces you will like the romantic kind of girl/guy.
What you attract: There's way less information about this topic but the only thing I found about it is this:

• You will attract whatever is in your 8th house. So if for example you have Sagittarius in your 8th you will probably have lots of adventurers pretending you.
I know there's more to this, maybe the Moon, Sun and some aspects are very important too.

What do you guys/gals know about this topic? Feel free to share :smile:

Theoretically... I think the opposite houses of love house might have to do with what you attract.

I'm thinking the 5th house since it's about giving love

I also think psyche (16) and ceres

Then I think signs should count too, like Libra, Taurus, or Cancer in your chart

Like I said this is all to theory...

Determining how we get attracted to another is more complex than what one's Venus / Mars / 7H ruler are. Take for example Asoiaf, at first quick glance I'd think too that she'd somehow resonate someone with strong Cap characteristics; even with her Scorpio Saturn (native ruler of Capricorn where her Mars is) in 7H it is surprising she doesn't like Cap guys. (Or maybe she does: if not the rigid and serious Cap, then the wise, succesful, fatherly Cap maybe?).

As far as astrological chart reading is concern, I usually use synastry to better understand the attraction. I had experience this unexplainable attraction with someone before -- we're better off friends or business partners or colleagues actually, he's also not my type physically but the pull was undeniable. I don't have so much time to just pull out and read a chart but when the attraction haunted me for the most part of the day, I finally did our synastry chart. My Mars or Jupiter or 5H&7H rulers aren't the culprit -- it is actually Uranus trines Venus (double-whammy in our synastry), and this could mean "love at first sight" "electrifying attraction to name a couple.

So, when it comes to astrology & attraction, it can't be thoroughly explained by planets and signs alone. Also consider the aspects, angles, orbs, degrees, progressed, transits, solar arcs, &c., &c.

It's kind of tedious, really.

Last edited:

belabismo

Determining how we get attracted to another is more complex than what one's Venus / Mars / 7H ruler are. Take for example Asoiaf, at first quick glance I'd think too that she'd somehow resonate someone with strong Cap characteristics; even with her Scorpio Saturn (native ruler of Capricorn where her Mars is) in 7H it is surprising she doesn't like Cap guys. (Or maybe she does: if not the rigid and serious Cap, then the wise, succesful, fatherly Cap maybe?).

As far as astrological chart reading is concern, I usually use synastry to better understand the attraction. I had experience this unexplainable attraction with someone before -- we're better off friends or business partners or colleagues actually, he's also not my type physically but the pull was undeniable. I don't have so much time to just pull out and read a chart but when the attraction haunted me for the most part of the day, I finally did our synastry chart. My Mars or Jupiter or 5H&7H rulers aren't the culprit -- it is actually Uranus trines Venus (double-whammy in our synastry), and this could mean "love at first sight" "electrifying attraction to name a couple.

So, when it comes to astrology & attraction, it can't be thoroughly explained by planets and signs alone. Also consider the aspects, angles, orbs, degrees, progressed, transits, solar arcs, &c., &c.

Just wanted to corroborate and say, call me ridiculous, but I practice reading synastry with my celeb crushes, lol. Usually it is an aspect to an angle or my North Node (usually conjunction for both), also in general people with strong Pluto but that's just a me thing. I think because transit Pluto has been squaring my Venus lately. I have this strong attraction to this guy at work I just know has to do with Pluto...If I ever find his birthday I'm sure I could confirm.

Also, just looked it up and found out my ex has his North Node conjunct my IC, along with his Mercury conjunct my North Node. His Sun conjunct my Neptune and his Jupiter opposite my Venus. High school sweethearts, I broke it off then we got back together then he broke it off and I haven't talked to him since. I think it's so funny we have Neptune synastry and we were high school sweethearts, lol.

Anyway, 7th house, Venus, Mars just give broad strokes to the general type of people and themes of relationship (aspects). My Pisces 7th - artists, dreamers, etc. My ex was sensitive and artsy, we met in music class. He had Venus in Pisces and Mars in Cancer.

I have Venus square Uranus/Neptune, he has Mars opposite Uranus/Neptune. I definitely think the bad side of Neptune was at play often in this relationship, hence the Ex.

asoiaf

Thanks for your comments :) Both my husband and I are junior academics and after reading your comments I thought that the ruler of capricorn saturn in my 7th house may reflect the common interests of me and my husband.capricorn is ruling my 9th house with mars and jupiter in there. Am ı over relating the planets? Just want to discuss :)

theV

I've wrote about this in my wordpress, however, I limited the scope only to the 7th house. But there are many other reasons why we attract certain energies to our life rather than the Ascendant.

theV

of course the first indication of karmic connection and attraction to others will always be the 7th house. Traditional and classical astrologer always looked to explain relationship by examining the 7th house. Now Astrology has grown and modern technique have been developed, we limit not ourselves only to the 7th house.

In modern astrology, we look beyond the 7th house to look for karmic connection. With the discovery of the vertex and the intensive studies on the moon's node, these latter were important to explain connections and relationships.

asoiaf

of course the first indication of karmic connection and attraction to others will always be the 7th house. Traditional and classical astrologer always looked to explain relationship by examining the 7th house. Now Astrology has grown and modern technique have been developed, we limit not ourselves only to the 7th house.

In modern astrology, we look beyond the 7th house to look for karmic connection. With the discovery of the vertex and the intensive studies on the moon's node, these latter were important to explain connections and relationships.

Can you post your blog link please?