Venus ~in or ~out of sect?

Bunraku

what you are saying is: It must be interpreted as one or the other.

This means that Venus in this situation is like a joker. sorry to use this terminology, but she can be in whichever interpretation i choose? correct?

In this case I choose to interpret her in 7th based on the 5° law.

Well, it’s literally on top of the 7th H cusp, so it will have a powerful influence on the 7th H whether you want to interpret it in the 6th or 7th.

This is a theoretical chart, right?

JUPITERASC

Well, it’s literally on top of the 7th H cusp, so it will have a powerful influence on the 7th H whether you want to interpret it in the 6th or 7th.

This is a theoretical chart, right?
On the contrary Venus is literally BELOW ASC/DESC equal house cusp :smile:

JUPITERASC

In a night chart, Virgo ruler is Venus.

Seen this? :smile:

dig_sm.gif

Notice that the abbreviation D = DAY
and the abbreviation N = NIGHT

THE COLUMN ABBREVIATION "Trip." = TRIPLICITY

In a Day chart is Moon.
But actually is Mercury by dignity
your opinion requires re-assessment

JUPITERASC

So, in closing then:

So, in closing then:

Venus is open to interpret because:

1)she is within 5° rule.
2)she is so close to the line.
3)she's on an angle.
4)she's the pride 'n joy, or embarrassment and discontentment of clients chart, for the sake of Venus, in the name of Venus, let's please the client :D
5)consider other factors.

I was wrong the whole time.

For clarity, consider using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
:smile:

Lex Gemini

Listen, JupiterAscending. you're a bucket of info and all that, but.

the project outline is:

Using the equal housing system, define the characteristics of the placements provided to ascertain sect, essential dignitaries, triplicities, term & face. based on your understanding so far

For the sake of clarity, i have to do what the project says.
You must be the status quo around here.

You'll have to open your mind a little to the questions, your pre-disposition isn't helping me to solve the questions.

What difference does it make whether or not the chart is real or hypothetical.
the question is the question.
you can answer it or your can skip it. the fact that you have stuck around this long only to recommend i use a system that i have already stated isn't the one i'm using, seems to me waste of your time.

Lex

conspiracy theorist

You sound unsettled Lex. Relax and take your time. You'll get it eventually.

To nudge things along, Venus will always be in sect in nocturnal charts. The rejoicing conditions (hayz etc) are less straight forward to figure out.

Another thing to note is that all signs within an element all share the same triplicity rulers. Meaning Taurus and Virgo (and Capricorn) will have the same triplicity rulers whether it be in the day or night. To keep things fairly straightforward, use the triplicity rulerships that you are most familiar with (there a few of them out there)

Halb occurs when a nocturnal planet is above the horizon by night and when a diurnal planet is above the horizon by day.

Hayz occurs when a planet is in halb plus in a sign that agrees with its essential sect - Nocturnal planets prefer feminine signs and Diurnal planets prefer masculine signs.

See if you can put that information together with example chart you posted.

IleneK

Premium Member
lit·er·al·ly
informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
"I have received literally thousands of letters”

:smile:

No, Bun,

"Literally" literally means the exact opposite:

1 taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory: dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread.
• free from exaggeration or distortion: you shouldn't take this as a literal record of events.
• informal absolute (used to emphasize that a strong expression is deliberately chosen to convey one's feelings): fifteen years of literal hell.
2 (of a translation) representing the exact words of the original text.
• (of a visual representation) exactly copied; realistic as opposed to abstract or impressionistic.
3 (also literal-minded) (of a person or performance) lacking imagination; prosaic.
4 of, in, or expressed by a letter or the letters of the alphabet: literal mnemonics.

Informal or coming into use does not meaning make. So your points about "casted" and "literally" obscure their particular meaning. And there is nothing inherently wrong with obscuring meaning, but it does little to enhance clarification, which is what OP seems to be seeking.
And, Bun, you have the ability to write with such clarity and precision. It makes me wonder if you just like anarchy for anarchy's sake.

Everyone please ignore if you like. I just needed to say it.:smile:

Last edited:

Lex Gemini

I'm am so relaxed,

and now that someone has answered my question, I'm super energetic to get this working for me.
Thank you.

Seriously! That was hard for JupiterAscending. Obviously
Cheeky sod.

Lex Gemini

Venus will always be in sect in nocturnal charts.

I've gone over this a few times in my mind.
The paradox here is that the most intelligent question i can ask right now is also the most stupid one:

• where does Venus need to be in order to harness the fruit of her position, above or below?

and what will that fruit be exactly from:

• above:
  • below:

I'm afraid i'm all but naught if i can't grasp it after this.

Lex Gemini

My question to you is what do you mean by fruit?

Through this thread we haven't forgotten that Venus remains a benefic.
-that fruit, for starters, HAH. not mains. :D

along with:

1) domain of Virgo. Her triplicity (essential dignity)

2) Ruled by mercury at night, which disposes her, is also disposed by the Sun, which shares it's dignity of rulership.

3) This is an underestimated Venus, i am starting to believe, which at first glance is appearing like a damsel in distress.

What do you think?

dr. farr

Regarding the sect of Venus: since at least Ptolemy's time, here in the West, Venus has been considered in sect nocturnally. Part of the reason for this is that in middle and later Greco-Roman astrology, the joy of Venus was assigned the 5th house, ie, a nocturnal house.

But since earliest times, in the East, (Vedic) astrology has considered Venus a diurnal planet, and being in sect when in the daylight sky (or hemisphere of the map) When we consider early Greco-Roman astrology, before Ptolemy or Valens, looking at the earliest complete remaining book on astrology, by Manilius (14 CE), we find the joy of Venus being given as the 10th house, which is a diurnal house, and matches the Venus diurnal-in-sect classification found, then and now, in Vedic astrology. Either there was a change in Greco-Roman astrology (sometime in the 1st century CE), moving Venus into a nocturnal sect, or (as I suspect) Manilius represented a different school of astrology than the one (the Alexandrian School) which Ptolemy, Valens and others followed.

What do I use? I follow Manilius (and the Vedics) in considering Venus a diurnal planet, in sect during the day or in the daytime hemisphere of a chart. However, I do not assign sect much importance in my delineations.